I quit PvP rank

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: grayskull.2367

grayskull.2367

I am done with this kitten 20+ losing streak being place on team with no clue, 400AP, 1v1 of point all the time. Who think taking down the npcs is the most important part of pvp or just folding like paper when a enemy breathe on then.

kitten PvP!
Anet you have destroyed rank games with this poor system i quite rank and so will many many more player follow. I hope you enjoy your elite only ghost town, good luck with EGL your need it.

(edited by grayskull.2367)

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

I feel for you man, sorry. I think you’re one of many that will simply stop playing due to the awful matchmaking this season.

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

I understand your frustration, however some of us can’t believe since that’s all we do. Like you, I am fearful of the long term effect of this season. On the first day, all of my guild members were in the pvp lobby. These days I am seeing 1 or 2, which worry me. Idk how Anet thought it d be okay for pro to farm low mmr players.

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Don’t worry my first match 3 people took the animal out in Amber – needless to say they wondered why they lost the match.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

I understand your frustration, however some of us can’t believe since that’s all we do. Like you, I am fearful of the long term effect of this season. On the first day, all of my guild members were in the pvp lobby. These days I am seeing 1 or 2, which worry me. Idk how Anet thought it d be okay for pro to farm low mmr players.

I know right? And what do you tell the low mmr players? Keep your chin up and keep at it? Keep smashing your face against a broken system?

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

And nope, I feel for them. Like I said above, it’s unacceptable.

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

Yup every game is a blow out, the team i am on wins 500-<100 or we loose by the same score. The fact that every mach is plagued by at least 2 reapers and or scrapers does not help ether (last game the other team had 3 reapers and the game before that had 4).

Balance is a joke and elite specializations are still stronger than core ones. This is where i remind you that the game director said (during the HoT reveal) that elite specializations are not going to be more powerful that the core ones, that they are merely going to open up new play styles to classes. I guess they decided in order to drive HoT sales they better make elites crazy broken.

I think i am going to push gw2 in to my ‘stuff that i may come back to’ folder and occupy my time with some other game, team fortress never gets old.

see no evil ,until i stab you

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: themainahfreak.5431

themainahfreak.5431

Anet has destroyed pvp, destroyed the classes, and added stupid elite spec…

really? did the necro really need a reaper shroud? they were already op asf.
really? traps for guards? when in any medieval or history did a kitten guardian have traps, only rangers in y mind.

second, how come im in emerald and my teamates are in amber and my opponents are in ruby? anet i will no longer support you’re horrible descisions.

i will no longer spend my money on your pos game, and i will no longer do pvp or really anything.

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

The pvp lobbies are looking more empty. Ill take my 3 loses and be on my way. 1st wvw now this. Well at least I still have pve. Thank you.

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: CMNico.2913

CMNico.2913

i think this time a-net really killed PvP. They tried very hard to do this. But now the have succeded. Keep the good job. Now it’s time to kill PvE as well.
Seriously, I don’t event want to play this game anymore/ There is no gaming experience in PvP, only frustration. Making top players to farm others is really a brilliant decision. The way they put good players in teams with absolutely horrible players is even better. A-net obviously can’t tell the difference between good PvP player and PvE pug

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

There’s always unranked for people to enjoy. I get dominated when I play competitive CS GO matches. I don’t complain about match making, I just either try to get better or play casual/dm/community servers.

Keep in mind that you were once “no clue, 400AP, 1v1 of point all the time. Who think taking down the npcs is the most important part of pvp or just folding like paper when a enemy breathe on then”. You are advocating the same thing that many pvpers before HoT were asking about: not letting casuals/noobs play pvp.

Tour

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

As more and more leave and the only ones left are the elites and the trash carried by this new system, they too will have to deal with the repercussions of the evils of this new system. Maybe when they are sitting in queue for 30 plus mins next season in amber rank they will think back on the system of S2 that they defended because it gave them a free ride. As of now I see no other decent MMOs out for NA till Star Citizen releases next year.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

There’s always unranked for people to enjoy. I get dominated when I play competitive CS GO matches. I don’t complain about match making, I just either try to get better or play casual/dm/community servers.

Keep in mind that you were once “no clue, 400AP, 1v1 of point all the time. Who think taking down the npcs is the most important part of pvp or just folding like paper when a enemy breathe on then”. You are advocating the same thing that many pvpers before HoT were asking about: not letting casuals/noobs play pvp.

But do you ever lose 15 games. In row or does the system purposely match you against better player ALL THE TIME??

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

So has this been going on for everyone? Good or bad players? People are losing 10+ games in a row? This is pathetic even by Anet standards.

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

TheFamster.7806

But do you ever lose 15 games. In row or does the system purposely match you against better player ALL THE TIME??

Yeah just about 2 hours ago I was matched up against 4 men guild team while i was solo queuing. I lost 5~6 games in a row and that’s when I decided to take a break. Yes I got matched up against Zoose and Marvin and Hiba when I first reached ruby. I lost 500-22 or something like that for few times and on one match I had 0 points because the enemy team had 2 necro 1 ele and 2 condi mesmer comp and I had literally no where to go because I was playing power revenant.

I solo queued my way because I never won a match when I duo or trio queued. I thought about having 4 people in ts3 but then I am a solo queuer at heart and I just couldn’t see myself taking such advantage. I never switched my profession, never switched my builds, I just reacted to my team’s comp and enemy team’s comp and rotation.

Some people called me leecher because I avoided 1v1s like plague and only entered the team fights, but that is what I think a revenant should and must do in order to make a difference. I went down countless amount of time when I was the only one cleaving the downed body while rest of my team went off to other places. It happens but I move on. Sometimes I will take unfavorable match up like 1v1ing condi mesmer or corrupt necro and let jesus drive the wheel for rest of the teamfight, hoping they win.

I had many comeback games as I never gave up and tried playing my best, and I whispered pro league players for any tips/tricks on my profession to gain edge over other solo queuers. I am still not the best revenant at 1v1, in fact I lose mirror match ups quite often. But I can tell you I never gave up in a match even when it was 500-22. I got my team the last 2 points when I went to far, decapped, and capped it for points.

Tour

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Crimson Shi.5047

Crimson Shi.5047

another one bites the dust.

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

@TheFamster I was actually talking about CS GO: cause you ve mentioned getting rekt in CS GO as a new player. Hence my question about ever lost or won 15 or 20 games in row, like some players are experiencing.

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

CMNico.2913

Well, people who are lucky enough to be outside of that vicious losing streak will, of course, defend this system. But what i am saying is that intentionally making experienced players to farm newbies is just plain wrong. It is ok if it was a random match setup, but game does that deliberatelly

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

Well, people who are lucky enough to be outside of that vicious losing streak will, of course, defend this system. But what i am saying is that intentionally making experienced players to farm newbies is just plain wrong. It is ok if it was a random match setup, but game does that deliberatelly

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Some people will try their best to misunderstand your post. Talking about being biased.

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: EPYON.2731

EPYON.2731

S2 MMR made people becames elite or afker.

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

TheFamster.7806

@TheFamster I was actually talking about CS GO: cause you ve mentioned getting rekt in CS GO as a new player. Hence my question about ever lost or won 15 or 20 games in row, like some players are experiencing.

I played Cs 1.6 and played cs go about 5 months ago. I lost all of my 10 placement matches, won twice because my friends felt bad, and then lost 7 more in a row before I quit the game completely. I was in Silver 3 or 4 x

. Now I play Cs go once every 2 weeks in community death match servers before I get one tab headshotted. I know I can be better but I chose not to play because I know I’m not competitive enough. I don’t understand why in gw2 everyone has to be that guy who gets legendary backpiece in 2 seasons

Tour

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

CMNico.2913

Some people will try their best to misunderstand your post. Talking about being biased.

True, but i also tried my best to make it clear what i am trying to say it’s just my bad english can sometimes fail me

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

I played Cs 1.6 and played cs go about 5 months ago. I lost all of my 10 placement matches, won twice because my friends felt bad, and then lost 7 more in a row before I quit the game completely. I was in Silver 3 or 4 x

. Now I play Cs go once every 2 weeks in community death match servers before I get one tab headshotted. I know I can be better but I chose not to play because I know I’m not competitive enough. I don’t understand why in gw2 everyone has to be that guy who gets legendary backpiece in 2 seasons

Nope its not the legendary backpiece, its protective your new player experience. Read your own post, you quit after 7 loss, how is spvp going to grow if a new player (rank 20) cant even a win a single game??

You know why league. Smite or Dota are popular or enjoyable (subjective term)? Because they use the 50/50 algorithm; they match against people you have a 50% chance of winning or losing; unlike what we have now, where one side is GROSSLY FAVORED over the other.

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

TheFamster.7806

Nope its not the legendary backpiece, its protective your new player experience. Read your own post, you quit after 7 loss, how will spvp will be able to grow if a new player (rank 20) cant even a win a single game??

You know why league. Smite or Dota are popular or enjoyable (subjective term)? Because they use the 50/50 algorithm; they match against people you have a 50% chance of winning or losing; unlike what we have now, where one side is GROSSLY FAVORED over the other.

No people are playing for the reward instead of quality pvp matchings. If people were playing for fun they can go to unranked matches and enjoy 50% win/loss ratio. The reason why people started speaking up about match making and bringing up last league’s division is because they don’t want to accept that meta carried them to their division, they are not as skilled as they thought, and still haven’t adapt to current meta. If people truly cared about matchmaking then this type of post should have been up more frequently instead of sprouting since the starting of the league.

I know how it feels to be that person. I posted this
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Current-PvP-from-newcomer-s-perspective/first#post4434651

I know how exclusive pvp community is and how unbalanced the match making system and this post was from a year and a half ago. I know what people are going through but all will be better as players start move up the divisions

Tour

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Nope its not the legendary backpiece, its protective your new player experience. Read your own post, you quit after 7 loss, how will spvp will be able to grow if a new player (rank 20) cant even a win a single game??

No people are playing for the reward instead of quality pvp matchings. If people were playing for fun they can go to unranked matches and enjoy 50% win/loss ratio. The reason why people started speaking up about match making and bringing up last league’s division is because they don’t want to accept that meta carried them to their division, they are not as skilled as they thought, and still haven’t adapt to current meta. If people truly cared about matchmaking then this type of post should have been up more frequently instead of sprouting since the starting of the league.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Current-PvP-from-newcomer-s-perspective/first#post4434651

I know how exclusive pvp community is and how unbalanced the match making system and this post was from a year and a half ago. I know what people are going through but all will be better as players start move up the divisions

And how log is it going to take?? Or are you of the opinion that low MMR players should play/enjoy the entirety of rank because of their skills? Is that what you are proposing?? Esclusive spvp player should enjoy the whole month while casual spvp player shouldn’t join in until the Esclusive have moveed up the ladder.

And I do agree about the balance issue and stuff, but having a system that grossly biased as this one, is like a government official telling a home owner we are going to take away your house and there is nothing you can do about it.

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Constantin.5608

Constantin.5608

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

TheFamster.7806

And how log is it going to take?? Or are you of the opinion that low MMR players should play/enjoy the entirety of rank because of their skills? Is that what you are proposing?? Esclusive spvp player should enjoy the whole month while casual spvp player shouldn’t join in until the Esclusive have moveed up the ladder.

And I do agree about the balance issue and stuff, but having a system that grossly biased as this one, is like a government official telling a home owner we are going to take away your house and there is nothing you can do about it.

From my experience (which is biased) all the pro league players and hardcore pvpers who got to play this weekend are already at sapphire and above. My solution is bring back giving 1 pip for having 500-400 matches so that everyone can eventually move up for trying. I don’t know why they removed that feature but I believe in next week or two things will settle again.

For casual pvpers, tbh they should not be expecting themselves to reach legendary/diamond division and play for 2 more seasons to get the legendary backpiece since people can eventually get it. Personally I would love to try for ESL team because $$ and fame, but my work schedule, lack of skill, and me personally prefering raid over pvp will not get me what I want and I’ll have to live with that. Even if I reach legendary in this league I won’t be able to get the backpiece since I didn’t play last season, but it is what it is.

Tour

(edited by TheFamster.7806)

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkcomet.2975

Pinkcomet.2975

Is this a polite way to say “Your arn’t skill enough to play our pvp content. F off!!”?
very disappoint to this poor design.

- 20 lost in a row
- get kitten almost every game100:500
- You are first or second place on your team
- always have 1 or 2 completely nubs in my team. 85 80 65 20 15 points.

high skill player should be reward.
Agree.
But low skill player should be punish? (20 matchs in a row)

What kind of game that make you feel like kitten every time you play?
and what do you think they do next?
………………. (fill the blank)

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Constantin.5608

Constantin.5608

What kind of game that make you feel like kitten every time you play?
and what do you think they do next?
………………. (fill the blank)

fap

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: gameldar.5192

gameldar.5192

Actually I was looking forward to season 2 because in season 1 the game quality was much better than unranked. Unranked has less coordination overall than ranked. I think, in general, people go into ranked with more of an expectation of coordination – they certainly talk more – even to something as basic as saying hello when we get into the match, and that in turns leads to less zerging beast to start with…

Is that universal to ranked games? No, but I’ve generally found it still better over all. Season 2… I think the difference is more clearly marked between the good and the bad games and I think that is because of the match making ending up with more unevenly balanced games.

That said I’ve had some really awesome games in ranked this season, and I think in general they provide better games overall (and perhaps the not so great games just end quicker).

One caveat – I only played the last 18 days of season 1 (I started late) – so maybe the beginning had the similar issues to start with that I just skipped.

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

From my experience (which is biased) all the pro league players and hardcore pvpers who got to play this weekend are already at sapphire and above. My solution is bring back giving 1 pip for having 500-400 matches so that everyone can eventually move up for trying. I don’t know why they removed that feature but I believe in next week or two things will settle again.

For casual pvpers, tbh they should not be expecting themselves to reach legendary/diamond division and play for 2 more seasons to get the legendary backpiece since people can eventually get it. Personally I would love to try for ESL team because $$ and fame, but my work schedule, lack of skill, and me personally prefering raid over pvp will not get me what I want and I’ll have to live with that. Even if I reach legendary in this league I won’t be able to get the backpiece since I didn’t play last season, but it is what it is.

I agree with everything said; However my issue is, the system shouldn’t favored one side over the other, which ours currently does by grouping High MMR player together against LOWER MMR players. So, it’s sort of castle system instead of meritocracy. Here are the issue this system brings:

- players with similar skills but different MMR won’t enjoy the same experience as one would be group with better player and the other with new/bad players.. So, in the long run, it becomes pretty clear that the burden of winning/advancing is on one side while the other is given a free win.

- As the system stand a new player (rank 20) has a 100% chance of losing all of his rank games this season depending on which side he ends up in. Since all new players start with an average MMR, if he ends up on HIGH MMR meta camp, he might have a chance at winning one or two games. Otherwise he will get burned for the entirety of the season.

- I agree kitten good player should climb and lower shouldnt do it apace; my issue is that the system should NOT favor one side over 5he other; instead they should give everyone an equal chance.

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

being place on team with no clue

If you are with 4 clueless against 5 clueless it shouldn’t be hard to carry them. So put in a little effort and get out of this low tiers. You get better matches in higher tiers.

(edited by Shylock.4653)

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

being place on team with no clue

If you are with 4 clueless against 5 clueless it shouldn’t be hard to carry them.

If you are placed on a team made up from bottom 10% players, your chances of the other team being better are 90%. And i hope some of the people i got teamed with were that low (because i’d dread to think that what i’ve seen was average).

Don’t worry my first match 3 people took the animal out in Amber – needless to say they wondered why they lost the match.

Don’t worry. I had a match when 3 people (from a guild team, no less) went straight to Chieftain… and died there. With no enemy interference whatsoever.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

TheFamster.7806

I agree with everything said; However my issue is, the system shouldn’t favored one side over the other, which ours currently does by grouping High MMR player together against LOWER MMR players. So, it’s sort of castle system instead of meritocracy. Here are the issue this system brings:

- players with similar skills but different MMR won’t enjoy the same experience as one would be group with better player and the other with new/bad players.. So, in the long run, it becomes pretty clear that the burden of winning/advancing is on one side while the other is given a free win.

- As the system stand a new player (rank 20) has a 100% chance of losing all of his rank games this season depending on which side he ends up in. Since all new players start with an average MMR, if he ends up on HIGH MMR meta camp, he might have a chance at winning one or two games. Otherwise he will get burned for the entirety of the season.

- I agree kitten good player should climb and lower shouldnt do it apace; my issue is that the system should NOT favor one side over 5he other; instead they should give everyone an equal chance.

I never got that impression and I left proof of my matches, PvP history and my current division in other threads. Never had massive winning streaks, lost many games in a row, and I took 6 month break from PvP and did not participate in season 1. I have less than 1100 ranked/unranked matches combined and have less than 60% winning ratio in both.

I started season 2 with 2 loss streak but I began to play aroundy teammates and try to communicate with them. Now I maybe the exception to that rule since I did get invites into in-house scrims and such to get taste of higher than average PvP experience but if I can, anyone can.

I am also a pver in an elite raiding guild. When 2nd wing comes out I’ll likely stop pvping for raid progression. Basically you have a pver climbing through the division by winning and losing, trying and making comebacks. And tbh other than some people I hardly recognize any of the account names that complain about matchmaking. I honestly think those vocal players aren’t really finding themselves as problems but blaming the system and teammates.

Tour

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Thor Rising.7850

Thor Rising.7850

I will say that ranked matchmaking sucks until around high sapphire and ruby. Every game i had was a blowout with usually a 300 to 400 point difference. I had a massive streak of games where I couldnt make any progress. Thankfully, I played some stronghold matches and broke tier 3 sapphire and from there all my games have been close and competitive if Im solo or duo queue. Seems like doing premade with more than duo queue sticks you against much more difficult opponents.

Try to stick with it my Ruby games have been excellent, even came back and won 500 to 499 in one of the games with a lucky tornado from elixer x to decap mid and win.

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Arvin.3124

Arvin.3124

… how is spvp going to grow if a new player (rank 20) cant even a win a single game??

I played quite a lot of Dota (500+ hours) and just want to say that in Dota first of all you have placement matches while your MMR is decided. Early season is the same in GWII pretty much, everyone starts at Amber but good players will move out quickly.

Also, taking Dota 2 since you complain about new players not being able to win, you’re considered a noob until you have at least 200 hours or so under your belt in that game, and the current meta is even harder to keep up with.

From my own experience (returning player who pretty much only pvp’s) matches are actually pretty balanced right now in most cases. There’s some outliers but in general the matches I get being close to league rank 3 are pretty even.

Amber is going to be different because everyone from the worst to semi-decent players to very good players moving up the ranks is in it. Once you move out of Amber it does get better.

If you lose 10 games in a row it is time to start analyzing your game by the way because it would sure seem like you’re in one way or the other contributing to the losses.

[/Quote]

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Astralporing.1957

Amber is going to be different because everyone from the worst to semi-decent players to very good players moving up the ranks is in it. Once you move out of Amber it does get better.

It doesn’t.

Actions, not words.

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

If you are placed on a team made up from bottom 10% players, your chances of the other team being better are 90%. And i hope some of the people i got teamed with were that low (because i’d dread to think that what i’ve seen was average).

Of course in the lowest tiers are the bottom of the player base, but that also holds true for the enemy team. So both teams get recruited from the bottom 10% or 20% of the player base, which means one good player has big impact in the game if he puts in effort and carries his team.

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

It doesn’t.

this.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

I’m quitting ranked. I tried it again tonight on my support Ele. Lost 4 games in a row with one friend of mine who was on a five game win streak. Every match went down this way: team gets mid and home. Team goes far, gets wiped while I beckon them not to overextend. We lose the rest of the game as it snowballs out of control from there.

Oh, and said friend can soloQ without me and go on more winstreaks. He’s only played the game for three weeks and is on a Necro and he didn’t even know where on the map Tranq and Stillness is at, or that his shroud 3 skill gave him stability and can AoE fear. #MatchMakingLogikitten

erally every game. Oh, and people playing weird builds. Like P/P Thief who when asked to switch out says, “this is the only character I have,” or a ranger who refuses to play druid and use search and rescue. When asked to use search and rescue they respond, “don’t die?” Then they proceed to die right after they say that.

Seriously, I don’t deserve to be in this hellish state of ranked. I’m on the second tier of sapphire and this is the most agonizing time I’ve ever had in this game since beta. I’m just done with ranked. It’s the worst design I’ve seen in any game I’ve played from Halo, CoD, LoL, Heroes of The Storm, WoW, TF2, etc. This system trumps all of them in the level of bad that it breeds.

(edited by Anomaly.7612)

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

… how is spvp going to grow if a new player (rank 20) cant even a win a single game??

I played quite a lot of Dota (500+ hours) and just want to say that in Dota first of all you have placement matches while your MMR is decided. Early season is the same in GWII pretty much, everyone starts at Amber but good players will move out quickly.

Also, taking Dota 2 since you complain about new players not being able to win, you’re considered a noob until you have at least 200 hours or so under your belt in that game, and the current meta is even harder to keep up with.

From my own experience (returning player who pretty much only pvp’s) matches are actually pretty balanced right now in most cases. There’s some outliers but in general the matches I get being close to league rank 3 are pretty even.

If you lose 10 games in a row it is time to start analyzing your game by the way because it would sure seem like you’re in one way or the other contributing to the losses.

[/Quote]

From your reply, I can tell you two things, First you don’t know how DOTA or LOL matchmaking system works; and second you haven’tgot a clue on the new MM system. But for the sake of the argument, I’ll help. In Dota, or any other games, the system matches a team against another with both team having a 50-55% chance to win. In GW2, the system match a team ( HIGH MMR) against another team ( LOW MMR), knowing that the low MMR team has 0 chance to win. Once you understand this, or the way our system works, you d see the bigger picture.

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Posted by: cosmicegg.8502

cosmicegg.8502

dota is season one without the exploits

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

I quit PvP rank

in PvP

Astralporing.1957

Of course in the lowest tiers are the bottom of the player base, but that also holds true for the enemy team. So both teams get recruited from the bottom 10% or 20% of the player base, which means one good player has big impact in the game if he puts in effort and carries his team.

You misunderstood me. I meant bottom 10% of those in your pip range.
Also, so far i haven’t noticed any difference in player quality between divisions. Amber, Emerald and Sapphire seem to hold an equal proportion of total noobs, baddies, afkers and trolls (as well as good players). From what i have heard from some other people, the situation in Ruby is getting closer to that point with every hour as well.
And as in Amber, what’s important is not player quality, but whether you ended up on the winners on losers team in this match (and most matches have designated winner and loser team from the very start, very few matches are close).

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)