I've never been so toxic in any game

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

There are an awful lot of PvP complaining threads lately, which is weird because the devs are going to release a new game mode as soon as they’re allowed.

If we didn’t know about stronghold, and have played a relatively finished map, I’d be complaining too, because the pace in the past has been beyond atrocious.

in PvP

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

There are an awful lot of PvP complaining threads lately, which is weird because the devs are going to release a new game mode as soon as they’re allowed.

If we didn’t know about stronghold, and have played a relatively finished map, I’d be complaining too, because the pace in the past has been beyond atrocious.

Ok, they are going to release stronghold. They are putting it in the same queue as conquest and that one team deathmatch map that a very small percentage of the community votes for. This alone tells me that the developer does not listen to their community, people post here daily asking for separate queues. For a game that is claiming to be an esport, why wouldn’t you give players the option to choose what gamemode they want to play?

They are releasing another gamemode into an already broken game. Which will cause more issues that will not get fixed or will take painfully long to fix, In the midst of that we won’t have a clue what is going on because they won’t tell us anything or even acknowledge our feedback.

(edited by Evapor.6849)

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

toxicity is very normal in pvp games, in fact mobas are the same if not worse. our situation here is that a lot of rage comes from constantly losing in an unforgiving and lame meta, which is funnily the best we’ve ever had. at least in mobas, you can enjoy your game and contribute a lot while losing. conquest isn’t like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

If you think this is bad, don’t ever play DOTA or LoL… This is nowhere close to those in toxicity.

in PvP

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

If you think this is bad, don’t ever play DOTA or LoL… This is nowhere close to those in toxicity.

Can vouch for this…

If you can manage to play those games, you will develop a very thick and bullet proof skin online.

As for this game, take a break? Just take a break and come back when the new game mode is released or when HoT is released.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

You’re using some very strange and alien logic. I don’t quite understand why Anet doing a poor job balancing their game is making you a bad person.

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

I would recommend quitting the game. It’s never going to be esports man, half the PvP community died and while it’s not decreasing at this point, its definitely not increasing. GW2 is a freaking PvE game. Just gotta accept that and move along.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Posted by: jim.5380

jim.5380

The pvp state is bad, people left the game in various weird pvp moments or very stale moments.
One can only hope HoT will sort things out and revive it

Jim Battlemaster

(edited by jim.5380)

in PvP

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

You’re using some very strange and alien logic. I don’t quite understand why Anet doing a poor job balancing their game is making you a bad person.

When I posted this I just got done losing several games in a row to full premades, the first loss was after a winstreak where I was playing really well and felt like I deserved the wins. Matchmaking put me with a hopeless team the game after my winstreak and expected me to make something of it and we all know how that goes. Not to mention I was playing maps that 1 person out of 10 voted.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Perhaps the DEVS would do better to fix the balance issues rather than compund them with more bells and whistles.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The state of pvp is absolutely appauling and im quite shocked that an expansion is even in development considering how bad things are.

They aren’t doing an expansion for PvP, they are doing a PvE expansion.
There is only 1 new PvP map and it’s gonna be free (not part of expansion).

And PvP is in the current state because they didn’t listen to the community which has been asking for GW1 style GvG. Stronghold is the closest thing we will get, but it’s still only 5v5.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

The state of pvp is absolutely appauling and im quite shocked that an expansion is even in development considering how bad things are.

They aren’t doing an expansion for PvP, they are doing a PvE expansion.
There is only 1 new PvP map and it’s gonna be free (not part of expansion).

And PvP is in the current state because they didn’t listen to the community which has been asking for GW1 style GvG. Stronghold is the closest thing we will get, but it’s still only 5v5.

My experience with most MMORPGs are there are two types of developers. The I will listen but almost always go with what I think is best ultimately developer. And the I will listen to community feedback and makes changes mostly based on community consensus developer. The pvp devs at A-net are definitely the we unltimately know best types. That’s not a knock on them, they seem like nice guys, just a observation. Given the current state of pvp they should be listening and make changes based on player feedback more imo. It just seems ridiculous to me to say hey I know more then the crowd when generally the crowd aka markets are right the vast majority of the time. There is too much pooled knowledge in the crowd versus a handful of people I don’t care how smart they think they are. If you are at loggerheads with the crowd it is you that are probably (although not always) wrong.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

I think the same applies to everyone…..and its all due to the horrible matchmaking. Placing all types of players in the same games creates a toxic atmosphere.

Anet just lacks devs with experience creating a quality pvp infrastructure.

in PvP

Posted by: MasterD.4790

MasterD.4790

The real question is, what friggin genius at anet thought putting different styles of pvp in the SAME QUEUE was a good idea?? I mean I wouldn’t run the same build playing conquest, that I would run for stronghold, nor would I run the same build for deathmatch on courtyard… if your going to do this, at least give people the ability to change their build after they know what kind of pvp style they will be playing….

Gamadorn the epitome of a hotjoin hero

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

On the contrary I am not so sure they felt it was a good idea so much as a necessary idea. Unfortunately, you must face the fact that if you queu up for stronghold and not many are queud up, you could end up waiting far to long. There could be pockets in the night where not many are around ect..

Resources, necessity, matchmaking, all factors we do not get to see behind the scenes with.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Honestly id prefer if you would just ban me because im addicted to this game but with the problems that you know exist I have become so toxic to my teammates and players around me in general.

So.. You’re so frustrated with this game you’ve decided to be unpleasant enough to bring down other peoples’ enjoyment of the game as well.

… And that’s anets fault?

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

but this lack of communication is a joke

Oh come on, the Dev’s sat there on live stream for what, 4 to 5 hours? All just to let us know and give feedback on what they are considering doing. That live stream was them saying, “Hey how about this?” and giving us all equal opportunity to give feedback. That was A LOT of communication with us. Certainly we all had an opinion, either it being liked or disliked, on some of the ideas and concepts. But, come on, being up front and communicating with us like that was great.

For PvP breading toxic behavior, yes it does. Take a deep breath and remember it’s a game. Also, it may be wise to consider the other players in the match. If someone absolutely rekt’s you in a match, why not be happy for them and give a “GJ!” afterwards? I know I’ve whispered afterwards telling someone their build is insane to fight and some other compliments. Of course, smack talkers tend to get either blocked, put in their place, or both. I’ve actively hunted for a team and/or solo players just to try and gank them a match or two later . It’s part of the fun

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.