Idea: Reverse Spikey Traits

in PvP

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Why are there so many traits to help defeat players who are already low on health? i.e. extra damage when health is below a % threshold.
This makes fights very quick and exacerbates the huge frontloading problem that GW2 has always had.

I suggest that in order to allow people to recover from being jumped (since this nearly always is the beginning of the end), Anet reverse these traits so that they increase damage to enemies, BUT they do so when health is ABOVE a threshold instead. This means that the same damage is output, but gives the opponent an opportunity to react.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

No that is very bad especially with the amount of Passive saving graces that stop any and all burst.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Well, if a player is jumped by anyone without stealth, they really should be punished. It’s up to the player to be aware of their surroundings.

Now when it does come to stealth…we have a problem. Thieves usually spec for 20% more damage below 50% hp and it’s REALLY easy to get someone to 50% hp if you catch them off guard. Though a good player should be able to react quick enough to possible stay above. But once you’re below 50%, if you don’t have condition cleansing or a CD, you’re dead. You could also player Warrior and just passively heal and mitigate all damage below 50% hp for 4+ seconds. Balanced!

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

nerf sustain then we can look at these traits

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Well, if a player is jumped by anyone without stealth, they really should be punished. It’s up to the player to be aware of their surroundings.

While I concur with you that there should and IS some disadvantage for being jumped, I believe it should NOT be the main determinant in the outcome of the combat. That would (and IS) boring and benefits stealth classes enormously.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in PvP

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

benefits stealth classes enormously.

I think that’s kind of the purpose of Stealth.

But I played a pure glass cannon Thief throughout Season 2.
Berserker DA/CS/T. 11k health.
I cannot remember the last time a lone Thief has ever been able to burst me down from 100%… even with Basilisk Venom and complete surprise.
I have always been able to extend the fight. And that goes way back before Season 2.

What I’ve concluded from that is that if a true glass Thief can withstand a surprise burst from another Thief, then anything can. Stun breakers are key, though.

The passive immunities and CC-refects are out of hand, though. Personally, I see them as the worst problem the Thief faces now. While a Thief clearly cannot compete in a fair 1v1, a Thief cannot even depend on a perfectly executed ambush against a completely unaware target. The Thief will either self-stun itself or transform the target into a brick wall for several seconds… more than enough time for the target to turn the tables on the Thief.

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

nerf sustain then we can look at these traits

sustain is already at an all time low, I see so many people going downed in 3 seconds already, its not even fun if fights are short

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

It depends on the class right now. Every class have crazy burst potential but only a handful of classes can deal with the burst.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game