If You Was PvP Game Director ?

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

First thing i would do is Split the Queue,s Up , and also the leader boards into :

Guild queue : [ must have at least 3 guild members and be 5 man ] Ranked top 1000 Guilds in game Leader board

Solo Queue : Ranked top 1000 players in game leader board

Secondly i would run monthly ladder position tournaments for both guild and solo Ranked , with PvP exclusive Prizes to Promote more interest and get the community growing . Monthly Balance and map changes Also

Unranked Also has its place for teams to practice and recruit , and can be queued by anyone from solo + to a full team

The PvP exclusive rewards could be things like different colored little trophies added to your in game name etc , like Anet has the emblem on Employess etc , they could be gold/silver/bronze and reset every month with new season

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

I would also be adding more tiers to the champion titles and more Achievement Points for these , they would be back dated . Doing this will add Progression again because once you have all champ titles and are r80 the progression stops

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

• Create ranked and unranked 3v3 arenas! You can only play ranked arenas by establishing a team!
  • Relegate Stronghold, Courtyard, and conquest to a new queue called Casual!
  • Create 5 maps for arenas!
  • Create an MMR based team leaderboards for ranked arenas!
  • Remove current leaderboards! It will be burned and buried where nobody can find it!
  • Make MMR visible as ranks for all teams! Bronze, Silver, Gold, Master
  • Reaching a certain MMR will advance your team to the next division! Falling bellow a certain MMR will demote your team!
  • Reaching the next division awards gold, PvP exclusive titles, armors, weapons, finishers, etc! You will also be rewarded for staying in a certain division with a minimum game requirement!
  • Every month the Master division teams compete against one another for cash/gem prizes in the ESLGo4 whatever tournament on stream!
  • Balance the game to where the tankier you are, the less damage you deal and vice versa!
  • Balance will stop focusing on conquest and the game will slowly shift to being balanced around 3v3 arenas!
  • Balance patches will come out more frequently!
  • The Spirit Watch orb will grant a fixed movement speed and replace your weapon and utility slots with its own abilities!
  • Remove Skyhammer until it can be fixed!
  • Remove daily profession wins! Replace it with defeat x class where x is randomized for everybody!
  • Institute free PvP weekends where maybe one weekend per month, anyone can create a free GW2 account that’s restricted to the Heart of the Mists! Characters on these accounts will be unable to send/receive mail, whisper, use the trading post, and receive rewards from PvP! These accounts deactivate once the free weekend is over! Work in progress idea to make this game more popular since the addition of arenas will no doubt surge the PvP population in ways that we can only dream of!

And that’s just to start!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

(edited by ArrDee.2573)

in PvP

Posted by: Omnio.3652

Omnio.3652

Make PvP mode easy to buy or F2P. Maybe 5 dollars or something so there is more people who get into PvP. But first you’d need some tutorials to explain PvP by pros where they explain every movement in few battles and tactics people use and show how exciting PvP can be because to someone who doesn’t know this game it is just pure chaos.

Also first thing on PvP director’s plate should be balancing as often as possible and doing everything he/she can to make it possible for players to create multiple builds for a single class. That also means introducing new weapons or even radical redesign of any skills that are not used.

Was he swedish?
Yes.
A moose. It was a moose.

in PvP

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Create a Guild Based Arena.

*Set up similar to normal sPVP, but different number combinations(3v3, 5v5, 10v10, etc) and arena style added.
*Wins or Higher ranks will give points/currency/addons for your Guilds Stronghold.
*Ranked will give higher rewards than unranked.
*This arena style can be used to settle certain engagements in Guild WvW.

Guild Worlds/Stronghold

*Your guild stronghold will be placed in a PVP zone along with a set number of other guilds.
*Guilds will be matched based off of avg size, avg AP, etc. Anet could also monitor guild activity to match based of off peak hours.
*Maps will last for 1 month then “reset” rematching guilds on new maps.
*There are no friendly to all NPC factions or areas..
*The world is a mix of dynamic events, NPCs, other PVE entities.
*Completing dynamic events helps expand your guilds territory. Granting you resources, money, and protection.
*Resources will be used to expand and improve your stronghold.

The idea is to make a pseudo-sandbox within the instancing limitations. While it utilizes similar aspects of WvW it should be designed to be more like a sandbox version of GW2, which would incentivize players to “live” in there.

In short giving meaning and purpose to PVP and create a PVP “endgame”.

E: Realize now this thread seems more directed at sPVP, where as my contribution wasn’t. My Bad.

(edited by BrooksP.4318)

in PvP

Posted by: Zork.2517

Zork.2517

1. Let me see the Scoreboard after a match is over while I’m in the PVP lobby.
2. Give me one or two metrics to judge how I’m performing with a particular class.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

• Create ranked and unranked 3v3 arenas! You can only play ranked arenas by establishing a team!
  • Balance the game to where the tankier you are, the less damage you deal and vice versa!
  • The Spirit Watch orb will grant a fixed movement speed and replace your weapon and utility slots with its own abilities!
  • Remove daily profession wins! Replace it with defeat x class where x is randomized for everybody!
  • Institute free PvP weekends where maybe one weekend per month, anyone can create a free GW2 account that’s restricted to the Heart of the Mists! Characters on these accounts will be unable to send/receive mail, whisper, use the trading post, and receive rewards from PvP! These accounts deactivate once the free weekend is over! Work in progress idea to make this game more popular since the addition of arenas will no doubt surge the PvP population in ways that we can only dream of!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Have my children Anet hire pls

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

If I was PvP game director, I probably would know how to conjugate.

lmao /15char

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

• Create 5 maps for arenas!
  • Create an MMR based team leaderboards for ranked arenas!
  • Remove current leaderboards! It will be burned and buried where nobody can find it!
  • Reaching a certain MMR will advance your team to the next division! Falling bellow a certain MMR will demote your team!
  • Reaching the next division awards gold, PvP exclusive titles, armors, weapons, finishers, etc! You will also be rewarded for staying in a certain division with a minimum game requirement!
  • Every month the Master division teams compete against one another for cash/gem prizes in the ESLGo4 whatever tournament on stream!
  • Balance will stop focusing on conquest and the game will slowly shift to being balanced around 3v3 arenas!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

This is why Vee Wee is my favourite person on the forums.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Modes:

- I’d bring back Stronghold as soon as they’ve done sth. with all the feedback from the open beta. Yepp, it’s a potential selling point for the addon, but if stronghold is a good mode, you wanna release it as soon as possible; PvP-players will buy the addon anyways if they love stronghold, just to get the new skills/class etc.
But if you have a good mode thats IMHO pretty ready for PvP and you just keep it and w8, ppl will find another game and loose interest, maybe even when the addon is released.

- Split into Solo-Q and Team-Q (full 5man) instead of ranked/unranked. Both for conquest and Stronghold.

Balance:
- I think balance is pretty kitten good atm, so I’d focus on buffing some skills/traits/weapons/runes/sigils that no1 uses – there are tons of them.

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

I don’t usually agree with vee wee, in fact his/her post give me headaches.

But those were some solid ideas.

Next stop: hire new employees.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

• Profession specific dailies in ranked queue would be gone
  • Solo queue/Ranked queue split
  • Weekly automated tournaments for gems
  • PvP/PvE/WvW Skill splits
  • Wouldn’t belittle the players by trying to sell them on my ideas. Would honestly explain why changes are happening. That way if I am wrong about a decision, I am more likely to get an honest response.
  • Fix in-game scoreboard to reward players playing format properly
  • Skill tweaks every few months to shift meta to keep game fresh
  • Orichalcum/Platinum/Gold/Silver/Bronze placements for player groupings in 6 week long ladders
  • Buff loot to match Silverwastes loot levels
  • If a player has all champion profession titles, special title awarded
  • 100 gems per month for playing at least 25 matches to get more people playing
Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

• Create 5 Resize/Edit maps for arenas! ie, beach in forest of nymph by walling off extra space
  • Create an MMR based team and soloq leaderboards for ranked arenas!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

whats left is what was good. plus a little more

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

And the clause reads.

“Can only start on said project in 1 month intervals. Only one project can be done, and completed, at any one time.”

Now, reorder what you want done from highest priority to lowest priority.

Go!

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Mooncow.6847

Mooncow.6847

lmao

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

If I was the GAME director, NOT PvP director since you have no real authority over let’s say Colin and his sandwich powers.

I would probably have ended development of PvP since it doesn’t bring any significant amount of income and focus on where the money is at. In the world of LoL you either provide it for free or you don’t bother. Again, I am speaking as a game director and not a player. From a business standpoint it would make sense to shut it down.

lmao

Winning!!!

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

If I was a Game Director, I’d do whatever I felt was right. After spending a good portion of the day reading threads, it’s easy to see players are very poor developers.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I would add only one thing, that is many things:

Autobalancing.

With this I don’t mean the “team evener” system put in place in hotjoin, but a secondary layer of mechanics that balance the game regardless of skill properties and effects, and additional measures that kick in only in extreme cases to prevent things that are too much.

For example: 1-3 warriors follow you spamming CC? Nothing happens. 5 warriors stack on your kitten and spam more CC than any stability in the world could stand? Autobalancing kicks in after enough CCs within a short enough time, “juggle breaks” and gives you a very short CC immunity.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!