If you want to win solo queue....

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Public service announcement

If you want to win solo queue, Just roll a turret engi. Takes no skill and still does extremely well. I like to play it while I am catching up on emails and texts. Sometimes I go grab a snack mid match. It is way more effective than the last no skill setup, the spirit ranger (before the nerf).

Now, no more complaints about how solo queue is random. Just play the build above and you will be set.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Completely agree with you. Heck I use to play a sumo bunker engy that requires skills, but ever since they nerfed automated response by 50% I’ve just been playing this no skill bunker build instead. Now I bunker better and deal good damage at sametime!

Thanks anet for me not having to do much and bunkering better and annoying the enemy with a bunch of npc turrets. So much easier than having to time dodges and staying alive under 25% hp so my automated response would work. But ever since you nerfed it to 50% its not viable but now this build is viable and its a million times better!

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Could you guys please post the turret engi build. I’ve seen different variants posted by Jebro and others but I don’t know what to run.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

It’s funny because it’s true. Turret engis = soloQ champions.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here retired #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

I’m sorry my frands but Turret Engineers are pretty useless! Take it from me! Vee Wee! Retired #1 Engi NA! If you want to play Engineer, don’t put any points into the Inventions tree! It’s pretty awful!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

The engis are playing turret builds because it works. We can’t handle condi classes so we need AI

in PvP

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

So much easier than having to time dodges and staying alive under 25% hp so my automated response would work.

Yes, when I assault a point that has a turret Engineer on it I actually consider it a personal victory if I can get them to dodge at least once. If they dodge twice then I have truly won against the build even though there is zero chance I am actually going to kill them and take the point.

It is especially awesome if I can get them to drop their Supply Crate. Nothing like having more turrets on a point than the actual number of players you have on the map!!

It’s the little things sometimes that mean so much…

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

linkk full build plz for turrent engie and bird engie

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

staff eles like this thread

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Actually…even if you build this supposedly unbeatable bunker engi, and you place your butt on close point, you wont have your assured win, cause even if you bunker a point your team might still loose teamfight mid, specially if they have a roaming comp and they fight 4v5 mid.
This way you’ll find your team with only close point, while enemy team will have close and mid.
This said, if they are smart, at the proper time they’ll rush far with 2 or 3 ppl to shut down that engi quickly, and its not that impossible since that build only got 1 breakstun with kitten cd, only 1 condition removal on heal with 20s cd, and it does totally nothing without turrets, so the way to go is AoE dmg (with stability if melee), conditions and CC.
The build might be something like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlUUpyq1WxqKseNCdBF6VUwXI6GekR/pAA-TJRBwAB3focZAQXAAAPAAA

Guess what, 2 widely used specs have got what you are looking for: Hambow and DD ele, both have stability, CC, area dmg, and burning and they can mutually stack might with eachothers combo fields/finishers.

in PvP

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Tourette* Engi.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Maybe it’s just my luck but when I tried it I had enemy classes destroying my fortified turrets pretty quickly and then coming after me.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Turret Engi works well in Solo Q not because it’s OP, but because Solo Q are full of people with Hot Joiners mindset, which have almost 0 communication or team work.

When facing coordinate teams, they can usually spend 2 people and chain CC/ immobilize the turreter and spike him down very quickly due to the lack of invulnerable, lack of block, lack of stealth, blink/movement skill, and lack of stability,
The turreter will have half of it’s dps cut in around 40 seconds.

I’d still say it’s more of a L2P issue than turreters being OP.
It does make condition class a lot more difficult to perform well, which is actually a good thing consider how OP they already are in PVP.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: Laowel.2879

Laowel.2879

What’s with all the hate? If a build works, people will play it. And then they’ll play the anti-build (anything with AoEs, here).
Wonder why there are so many hambow wars currently? And a sudden increase in assassins?
Chill.

in PvP

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

When facing coordinate teams, they can usually spend 2 people and chain CC/ immobilize the turreter and spike him down very quickly due to the lack of invulnerable, lack of block, lack of stealth, blink/movement skill, and lack of stability,

Lack of invulnerable:
Elixir S
Self-Regulating Defenses

Lack of block:
Static Shield
Gear Shield
Armor Mods (gives Aegis)
Gadgeteer (gives Aegis upon Throw Mine)

Lack of stealth:
Toss Elixir S
Cloaking Device
Various smoke fields plus blast/leap finishers

Lack of movement skill:
Elixir H (randomly)
Elixir B
Drop Stimulant (with Med Kit)
Elixir F (with Elixir Gun)
Toss Elixir B (randomly)
Infused Precision
Speedy Kits
Experimental Turrets (upon using Net Turret)

Lack of stability:
Elixir X
Mortar
Rumble (tool belt skill for Thumper Turret)
Toss Elixir B

Yep, they sure are lacking access to any of those… Only a few traits and skills for them…

Now it is true that a Turret Engineer won’t have access to ALL of those, but they are not as vulnerable or as lacking as you are thinking they are.

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Lack of invulnerable:
Elixir S
Self-Regulating Defenses

Lack of block:
Static Shield
Gear Shield
Armor Mods (gives Aegis)

Lack of stealth:
Toss Elixir S
Cloaking Device

Lack of movement skill:
Elixir H (randomly)
Elixir B
Toss Elixir B (randomly)
Infused Precision
Speedy Kits

Lack of stability:
Elixir X
Mortar
Toss Elixir B

Yep, they sure are lacking access to any of those… Only a few traits and skills for them…

Now it is true that a Turret Engineer won’t have access to ALL of those, but they are not as vulnerable or as lacking as you are thinking they are.

Thanks.

I’m not talking about the general engineer’s skill list, but as being a turreters.

They sacrifice 2~3 slots for turrets, so they literally have no space for invulnerable, invisibility and stability. They also need one kit to activate kit re-generator.
Also a Hybrid Celestial engineer is using a rifle mostly, thus you won’t have block.
Why do you bring out a full list that turreters don’t usually use?
Are we talking about the same subject or are you talking about different engineer set?

I do play turret eng now in solo Q since my main is engineer anyway.
And I did encounter situation that I mentioned above, being chained CC by warrior while another class dps me heavily.

Also swiftness =/= movement skill.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Lack of invulnerable:
Elixir S
Self-Regulating Defenses

Lack of block:
Static Shield
Gear Shield
Armor Mods (gives Aegis)

Lack of stealth:
Toss Elixir S
Cloaking Device

Lack of movement skill:
Elixir H (randomly)
Elixir B
Toss Elixir B (randomly)
Infused Precision
Speedy Kits

Lack of stability:
Elixir X
Mortar
Toss Elixir B

Thanks.

a turret build literally will only use 2 of those, 3 at maximum, you do understand that a turret engi has to drop trait points into turret traits and take turrets right?

also you can take gadgeteer and armour mods since they are both gm traits, you don’t use any elixirs in a turret build, using any of the many blast finishers means blowing up a turret which means less damage, you can’t take any traits to improve survivability in inventions since they are needed for turrets, turret engineers don’t use elixir x or mortar, even if you count the p/s defensive options they have a lengthy cooldown which anyone can easily take advantage of.

now I’m not defending turret engineers but atleast make some sense when you make an argument

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

No offense, but if you’re struggling against a turret engineer, you need to learn to play. And I run a turret engineer. I know exactly what can completely own me without batting an eye.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

No offense, but if you’re struggling against a turret engineer, you need to learn to play. And I run a turret engineer. I know exactly what can completely own me without batting an eye.

Basically you’re a horrible player.
The only reason turret engi isn’t a massive problem is bc good players refuse to run it and the people who do are horrible at it (hence the no dodging BS)

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

If you find a turret engi on a point range then until you get help if your a class without aoe power attacks or just let then have the point and go take the other two 5v4 since that engi isn’t going to be much help on those. Similar to how you would deal with an MM. Although I would a argue MM is easier to beat by leashing the minions and abusing z axis.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

The only reason turret engi isn’t a massive problem is bc good players refuse to run it and the people who do are horrible at it (hence the no dodging BS)

good players don’t run it because its not very good as far as competent players goes, however its literally the best scrub destroyer ive ever seen

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

A good player running turret engineer could cause problems even against strong players. It’s not optimal, but, just like most troll builds in the game, it can be effective at all levels by leaving the burden of skill on the other player. They kitten up once, they die. You kitten up twenty times, you still kill them. Nobody’s perfect.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Turrets are too prone to being countercomped. Sure you can kill my ranger when your drop crate, but I’ll swap to d/d ele or staff ele and make your turrets sad.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: SchiTown.7598

SchiTown.7598

From the perspective of another engi, the key is to stop playimg defensive builds in solo queue. You don’t need both elixir s and toolkit, nobody is on ts screaming to focus the engi. Bombs are so good against ai builds. Bomb when their reflects are up, nades inbetween
It is so straight forward and easy to deal with this build.

-spoon

Spoon Girl

in PvP

Anton.1769

May be when you come to top 1000 you will see how people deal with turret engi

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

is turret engi really such a big thing in soloq? i see them in teamq now and then and they usually just get steamrolled. i’ve taken some down by myself (i’m playing grenade power engi), even with granades this turret cluster is cleaned up pretty fast since the bubble only lasts some seconds. should be even easier with bombs.

(edited by zaced.7948)

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

BTW Anton, Moobs is at 149 on team queue boards right now. Just an FYI.

in PvP

Anton.1769

BTW Anton, Moobs is at 149 on team queue boards right now. Just an FYI.

really? http://www.gw2score.com/PvP thinks different

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

Erm…. shows 149 for me too lol

Same website doesn’t seem to show Anton anywhere… maybe it’s broked.

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

Erm…. shows 149 for me too lol

Same website doesn’t seem to show Anton anywhere… maybe it’s broked.

rekt.

but anton is eu. It shows highest soloq ~500, highest team que ~300.

Vipassana

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

He’s on NA. Current rank 149. Highest rank 66.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Oh weird, did they reset rankings? Says my top is 17, should be 1.

I think this is largely a l2p issue. If you go face tank a turret engi you will die. But, atm, it seems the spec is easily outplayed. Granted, the number of “good” players in this game is very low and I bet a “good” turret engi could be a force to be reckoned with. However, that can be said about any spec.

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

“Highest rank is the highest rank since 28-1-2014”

in PvP

Anton.1769

http://c2n.me/iugcvu.jpg something intresting with that site

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

What is interesting….. lol I did forget to look at EU… but that does explain the attitude

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

true the most skillless build ever

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

Actually…even if you build this supposedly unbeatable bunker engi, and you place your butt on close point, you wont have your assured win, cause even if you bunker a point your team might still loose teamfight mid, specially if they have a roaming comp and they fight 4v5 mid.

It’s a game of chances. What would you say is more likely: meeting a competent roamer comp that can coordinate in solo queue or meeting an average (random) 1 close 4 mid comp ?
Over one thousands solo queue games (the biggest the sample, the more significant the results) you will notice that your success rate is much higher with a turret engi.
Besides turret engi stack, the more you have the better, even if you already have 4 turret engis in your party you won’t have to reroll as opposed to, let’s say, 4 mesmers.