Is anybody actually happy with Season 2?

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

This season and meta is much worse than previous. Not enjoying it at all.

The season? Yes but not the meta dude. This meta is a lot better than last one. The last meta was about capping the first two points, then gg.

Conditions are way too strong.
They should nerf chill to its old use (slower cooldowns and runspeed), poison should not stack in intensity, torment should be deleted and confusion back to only do damage if you use skills.
And some classes can still tank godlike in 1v1

I agree about the condi frenzy!!! But overall dude, this season meta seems a lot better to me than the bunker one. But you have some strong points. Confusion is INSANELY OP, and every class has at least one viable condi build expect eles( I believe).

in PvP

Posted by: jessiestiles.9437

jessiestiles.9437

I mean take a look at the professions – revs, scrappers, eles, mesmers and reapers are considered meta. Meta will consist of 5 profs if we are taking no-class stacking perspective, simply not room for more. Out of the remaining 4 classes – Druids are in a good spot and can compete with eles for support. A well-played DH is contestant for sure , you can do a lot for the team. That leaves thieves and warriors. A good thief is great for shifting the fight in your teams favour – making those 1v1s into 1v2, 2v2 into 2v3 and so on, and they retain the status of the most mobile profession . And I mean at least the way I see it thieves shouldn’t be frontier fighters, goes against proffesion fantasy. And that only leaves warriors, who once again can do well with a decent build and skill. So what is exactly would you want to happen, since most if not all classes offer viable options? Do you simply want the current meta to turn into wet noodles with no sustain or damage out of spite?

Eles/reaper/scrapper/revs just need to be toned down a bit. Your post is reductio ad absurdum.

However I have seen thieves sans stealth thinking they are warriors and fighting melee.
It’s funny.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

I mean take a look at the professions – revs, scrappers, eles, mesmers and reapers are considered meta. Meta will consist of 5 profs if we are taking no-class stacking perspective, simply not room for more. Out of the remaining 4 classes – Druids are in a good spot and can compete with eles for support. A well-played DH is contestant for sure , you can do a lot for the team. That leaves thieves and warriors. A good thief is great for shifting the fight in your teams favour – making those 1v1s into 1v2, 2v2 into 2v3 and so on, and they retain the status of the most mobile profession . And I mean at least the way I see it thieves shouldn’t be frontier fighters, goes against proffesion fantasy. And that only leaves warriors, who once again can do well with a decent build and skill. So what is exactly would you want to happen, since most if not all classes offer viable options? Do you simply want the current meta to turn into wet noodles with no sustain or damage out of spite?

Eles/reaper/scrapper/revs just need to be toned down a bit. Your post is reductio ad absurdum.

However I have seen thieves sans stealth thinking they are warriors and fighting melee.
It’s funny.

Now that’s a thief I wouldn’t mess with… lol … a sight to be revered indeed

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

…What bores me the most is the talk about 20 game loss streaks … the main problem imo is that everyone thinks they are a diamond or legendary quality player..

The last time I had a losing streak like I’m having now was when I first started playing pvp. I’m an average player, 51% win rate with over 2000 ranked games. I don’t believe I’ve some how gotten so bad that I only have a 30% win rate in ruby.

Some of the mistakes are on me in games. I make mistakes, but I’m not as bad as my current record indicates based on 2 years of prior experience.

Will I play out the season, probably. Though I am taking a short break. The meta is decent. The matchmaking not so much, but to fix that I’ve just cut down on how much I play.

(edited by Mysticjedi.6053)

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

This season match making TRYS to make blow out matches. Enough said.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

There is NO way to recover atm. You get on the loosing side, you stay on the loosing side.

Why? Because as soon as you get on the loosing side, you get matched with players that are worse than you. The system keeps matching you with those players against teams with 2-3 good players and 2-3 luckers. Now, some matches you get 3 luckers and you can carry 4 against 3 luckers. Thats when you break your loosing streak.
Most matches you get 3 good players (and I mean by good in NO way ESL niveau… just people that know to watch sidepoints) and it is impossible to carry 4 players against that.

So, as soon as you lost too many matches, this season is OVER for you in anything but 5 man premades. Because the system simply does not let you recover. It is designed to not let you recover. Get good? Sure, maybe if you instantly get to the level of an ESL player. But I dare any ESL to try to carry the teammates my mainaccount gets. Try to “carry” if your team fights a 4v2 on mid all the match and no matter what you do (+3ing that, which is just plain stupid to even have to do, or pushing side points, or pushing map extras, YELLING at them) you cant get them to start rotating.

So, you got hit by a loosing streak in the beginning, when all the “better” players blew through amber? Might as well stop playing immediately. The highest you will get is ruby, and only with tons of work.

Want to keep playing pvp because you love it so much? Just make a F2P account with a fresh mmr and ride the luck train all the way to at least diamond.

Thats how you get “happy” with this season’s mechanics.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

This season has been great. Ruby made me step up my play for sure, although it meant switching to meta builds instead of fun rogue builds, but then I got through it. Losing teaches you far more than winning.

What I enjoy more though is reading these forums and loving the salt of the same few players over and over in every single thread. I could list the names here but thats against the TOS and I have been suspended enough from these forums already.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

The people enjoying the game are probably you know, in it playing and not crying on the forums. The people who are not happy will always be the loudest and that’s why it is mostly what you will see.

So you are enjoying this season? Or you are crying about people crying and not playing? Or both? Or you are not enjoying this season and are simply crying about other people crying? This is confusing.

This season is 100 times better than season 1 so yes I am enjoying it, I can play less matches and progress just as fast.

I pop onto the forums once or twice a day to see if there is anything good posted but its usually just a page about people crying for nerfs or crying about bad team mates. Occasionally there is something interesting or something worth reading though, plus the whining can be funny at times.

Honestly if people hate PvP so much they should just stop playing it. They know there will be no changes till the end of the season, and they aren’t doing themselves any favours. Lots of people are only participating for the back pack so they can easily go PvE in the meantime instead of bashing their heads into a wall.

Drgast’s point was that logically, by posting you are invalidating what you are saying.

You also belittle and flatly ignore the validity of LOTS of people’s opinion.

I think you’ll find that people complaining on these forums don’t HATE, but LOVE PVP and because of this are upset when the game mode they LOVE gets ballsed up.

The OP was asking whether people are enjoying this season, not asking for people’s opinions about other people’s opinions…

…On topic:
Love GW2 PVP.
Don’t love matches where the outcome is obvious 1 min into match.
Don’t love that the balance difference between the Meta and Non-Meta proffs is unreasonably large.
Don’t love MMR not being reset at beginning of season.
Don’t love that you can’t go down divisions.
Don’t love being individually judged in a TEAM game with no Solo Q only option.
Don’t love quite bit atm…

(edited by Dirtyrascal.1023)

in PvP

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

Completely disappointed with Season 2.

The whole “it’s more skill-based now” is a complete and utter bullkitten. The grind is still there, and for some people it’s easier than before – they just get lucky. I know people who for the majority of their games solo queued and went on a 50 games winstreak. Don’t tell me it’s not luck. Something is definitely very wrong with matchmaking this season. I was Diamond T5 last season, the games were equally matched, less raging overall… this time around I can’t get out of Ruby because I get complete monkeys on my team who never PvP’ed before. My winrate of ~70% dropped to ~40%.

Edit: before anyone says “git gud”, I consider myself an above average player with 6500 pvp games played, I multi-class, mechanically-skilled, map-aware, and always doing my best. My team placed in top 25 end of last season, and in AG semi-finals.

(edited by Dariya.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

I am personnaly happy with season 2, since it is way better than season 1 and that’s all it is about since it can’t be perfect.

I felt a progression during all my travel through divisions( i.e players in amber/emerald weren’t really good, which wasn’t the case in s1 where i could face literraly anyone), and chain wins/chain loses aren’t that big( they exist, but there’s lot of exxageration). I haven’t seen any 4v5 or people afking quickly( i remember year ago maybe 1 out 3 matchs were like that), so that’s really good

in PvP

Posted by: Artixera.5107

Artixera.5107

I made it to Legend as a DH this season aswell so i won’t complain about the meta, but i still don’t like Revs tanking capacity as a full zerker =3

Edit: Make warrior work xD

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I am not.

No single character should be able to do more damage than they can take, while taking more damage than a freaking Forest NPC can take.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I’m not. I have no idea how the MMR stuff works, sometimes I beat a 3 man premade easily 500-100 and then next game they’re on my team which means insta lose cuz they’re bad.

I’d rather have some semblance of fun matches rather than stuff that’s decided from the start. Very few of my wins are clutch wins, either landslide wins or losses even in diamond.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

I’d really love to know what the formula is for “carrying” a team of 4 people against 5 other people in a game that requires you to be in 3 other areas capping points. These people constantly insisting they’re “carrying” their team must be pretty skilled to be able to be in so many places at once and take on entire teams of people.

Please, share your secrets so I can get done with this division and be out of this perpetual hell.

Also, would love to know why people think that possessing mid grants you more points or why it isn’t strategic to go far which is practically empty distracting them instead of dying with the rest of your teammates in an aoe kittenfest.

I’m just beyond sick of the people in solo queue, sick of this meta, sick of this season, and sick of the apathy from the devs.

I sincerely hope people leave by the masses.

Hmm, I’m not sure what division you’re in, but if people in your division believe that going far is a bad idea, then it sounds like you might be emerald or sapphire. No judgement there.

The general idea for carrying means that you, as the player carrying, are keeping in mind the things that your team probably isn’t aware of due to skill level. Such as, team comp and which team has a better chance of winning team fights and because of this, is going mid beneficial, or will your team just wipe, meaning that you’re better off going far right out the gates and letting them distract your opponents. Another carrying example is if you, as assumed carry, are more mechanically skilled or playing a stronger class than your teammates, meaning you have to quickly figure out who the kill target is in the first fight, call said target, then do your best to down and kill them ASAP.

Being very aware of the map is really important, and if you’re carrying, your teammates probably aren’t as aware of the map; how many enemies are about to rez, where they’re likely to go, watching out for your lord, pushing into their lord when no one else thinks to, etc.

Basically, the mindset behind carrying is if you’re generally more aware of various factors that result in a win than the rest of your team, and using that awareness to make snap decisions and lead them to victory. (granted they listen to you and help out as they’re able).

Here’s a great guide by Zoose of PZ that can really help you to understand the maps more and lead your teams to victory.

Cheers! o/

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

There is NO way to recover atm. You get on the loosing side, you stay on the loosing side.

Why? Because as soon as you get on the loosing side, you get matched with players that are worse than you. The system keeps matching you with those players against teams with 2-3 good players and 2-3 luckers. Now, some matches you get 3 luckers and you can carry 4 against 3 luckers. Thats when you break your loosing streak.
Most matches you get 3 good players (and I mean by good in NO way ESL niveau… just people that know to watch sidepoints) and it is impossible to carry 4 players against that.

So, as soon as you lost too many matches, this season is OVER for you in anything but 5 man premades. Because the system simply does not let you recover. It is designed to not let you recover. Get good? Sure, maybe if you instantly get to the level of an ESL player. But I dare any ESL to try to carry the teammates my mainaccount gets. Try to “carry” if your team fights a 4v2 on mid all the match and no matter what you do (+3ing that, which is just plain stupid to even have to do, or pushing side points, or pushing map extras, YELLING at them) you cant get them to start rotating.

So, you got hit by a loosing streak in the beginning, when all the “better” players blew through amber? Might as well stop playing immediately. The highest you will get is ruby, and only with tons of work.

Want to keep playing pvp because you love it so much? Just make a F2P account with a fresh mmr and ride the luck train all the way to at least diamond.

Thats how you get “happy” with this season’s mechanics.

My advice to you is that if they’re getting 4v2’d at mid is that you have one person sit on home to watch it against a mid invasion once they cap it, and have 2 more 2v1 far and cap that, then instantly have one person run home as the two dead teammates rezzing will easily 4v4 home, then decap mid, and 5v4 home. Bam, created some momentum for your team.

It really is possible to carry bad players. The thing about “bad” players is that their actions and rotations are usually pretty typical and basic. Such as, “Oh hey, I see enemies at mid,” and like lemmings, they all go mid without thinking. “Bad players suffer from massive tunnel visions.” Now, a more skilled player might think, “Ok, we have an engi on home, and their support Ele is dueling them. Well, the Engi has no issue with this, so I’m going to go elsewhere to be more effective than +1’ing a fight that will take too long anyways.”

You have to think about how you can be the most effective asset to your team at every given moment, depending on your class and role. I really suggest watching an ESL player that plays your same class/spec on twitch/youtube as you’ll learn a lot. Also, PROBE THEIR MINDS. O_O Fo’real, just as them anything. Ask them what’s going through their head in a certain situation.

The only way to get better is to emulate the mindset of those that already are. This game is 3 parts knowledge of the map and rotations, and 1 part mechanical skill of your class.

(edited by Anomaly.7612)

in PvP

Posted by: drgast.1469

drgast.1469

Question still remains to all. Are you enjoying season 2? I’d also be curious as to in what way are you playing? i.e. solo all the way, a mix of soloing and grouping, or all grouping.

Also, I think a rating of what you thought the most fun division you’ve played in was and what the least fun division you’ve played in was.

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I’m not. There are way too many blowout/‘uncompetitive’ matches. Winning 500-70 simply isn’t fun. Balance is still nonexistent as well. I’ve pretty much stopped playing since I finished my wings. On the bright side, GW1 has been fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I’m not. There are way too many blowout/‘uncompetitive’ matches. Winning 500-70 simply isn’t fun. Balance is still nonexistent as well. I’ve pretty much stopped playing since I finished my wings. On the bright side, GW1 has been fun.

JW what progress did you make?

I kinda want to run a poll which compares division vs experience.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

This season is awful. Here’s the final of my most recent match. Yes, it was full premade vs full PuG.

I was top score on Blue.

Attachments:

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Sarrs.4831

This season is awful. Here’s the final of my most recent match. Yes, it was full premade vs full PuG.

Why did you black out the grouping brackets

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Sorry Anomaly, but “getting” anyone to do something, even if nicely asked… usually doesnt work. Either I get a “stupid/arrogant/whatever <insert swear word here>” answer… or I get no answer at all because nobody is reading chat.

Id love to get someone sitting on close, but I think you understood that backwards… my team is the “4” and they try to kill for example ele and engi/ranger. Ive had this situation several times already and no matter what I do… go mid and try to push one into downstate to end this endless fight… or try to cap sidepoints… try talking… pinging… make cute little pictures on minimap… they just keep on going…

90% of the players I have to deal with atm are zombies. They run 4-1 no matter what (and if I dont go close, nobody goes there… Im serious about that)… they dont look at enemy comp and see “oh, they have 3 necros, lets push sides instead”… no, they run mid, they die mid, they respawn and run over close of course again to mid… if they didnt get farmed at close first… of course they dont rally somewhere together, no… they run in solo. Zombies.

If I try to sneak far, they follow me to far and die on the way. If I try to win the teamfight, they dont stomp even though I drop gravity well on it… the examples are endless.

No, Im extremely unhappy atm in ranked, which is why I quit playing ranked on my main account. Unranked with all its noobs is way better atm, at least they somewhat listen… or if they dont, at least the enemy team usually doesnt have good players too.

The really really sad thing is… on my second account I have the opposite. I get easy matches in ranked thrown at me, with teammates that know exactly what to do, nobody rushing far after mid cap etc.

THATS actually what makes this even more frustrating. Seeing both sides… and seeing how screwed up it really is.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I think lots of the remaining players are on tilt and on the verge of leaving, which means they won’t be left to farm anymore and the goalposts will shift. Lower MMR players quitting due to losses means you’ll be the lower MMR for that pip range, then you too will quit out of frustration and the cycle continues.

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I was around t2 diamond when I finished all the achievements for wings, ~t4 now from doing dailies since then. Amber was pure win streak, sapph/emerald was mostly win streak with a few losses because I was playing profs I wasn’t very familiar with for profession achieves. Ruby was ~75% W/L back on main prof. Win streaks made progression way faster this season.

in PvP

Sarrs.4831

I was around t2 diamond when I finished all the achievements for wings, ~t4 now from doing dailies since then. Amber was pure win streak, sapph/emerald was mostly win streak with a few losses because I was playing profs I wasn’t very familiar with for profession achieves. Ruby was ~75% W/L back on main prof. Win streaks made progression way faster this season.

Ahhh. I experienced pretty similar; I chewed right through Amber thru Sapphire and then started tempoing out at the end of Ruby.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Love the meta, love the season…been getting great games in ruby lately…a couple 490+to 500 comebacks

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Posted by: BthreeGroover.5018

BthreeGroover.5018

No. The system picks the winner and the loser.

And winners don’t seem to realize that the system is allowing them to farm people on teams it has designed to lose.

Just played a team with 1 engi, 2 revs, and 2 dhs. My team had 3 rangers and 2 wars.

This is spot on. Those that are winning think it’s because they are good; no, it’s because the system purposely puts lower MMR teams against better MMR teams and punishes the lower MMR players even further by placing them in an endless spiral.

It also doesn’t even try to class balance the teams. The opposing team has three necros and two engis? Good luck with your two mesmers, warrior, thief, and DH! You can tell before the match begins 99% of the time whether it will be a win or loss. And most games are blowouts.

The system is broken and it will harm PvP overall as more people leave. Most of my friends have stopped playing the game altogether. There are so many other games to play, why put up with a system that is rigged for you to fail? A system where less than half the classes are viable in PvP and only if you play a certain build of that class?

in PvP

Sarrs.4831

It also doesn’t even try to class balance the teams. The opposing team has three necros and two engis? Good luck with your two mesmers, warrior, thief, and DH! You can tell before the match begins 99% of the time whether it will be a win or loss. And most games are blowouts.

…I would probably put my chips on the balanced team, or at least call it an even match. The necro/engi team has very little support. Warriors aren’t so hot but there’s that rifle build that mulches people. Having thief and mesmer allows you to +1 with huge benefits.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Bleak.5796

Bleak.5796

Well, I didn’t quit after 10 days, because of the boring meta like last season. Also from what I see in Diamond, everybody can get to Legendary.

in PvP

Yasi.9065

…I would probably put my chips on the balanced team, or at least call it an even match. The necro/engi team has very little support. Warriors aren’t so hot but there’s that rifle build that mulches people. Having thief and mesmer allows you to +1 with huge benefits.

The only way to win with that comp against 3 necros is going for a sidepoints split in the beginning.
Whoever gets more incoming bails and caps mid.

BUT… sidepoint split is never optimal, especially in the beginning…

Sure, if you face good players and your necros arent good – or are even running mm builds – you are kittened with 3 necros on your team.
But if those necros are slightly good… you will have a really hard time pulling the win off, because they just need to keep sitting on two points, with 1-2 necros running to outnumber…

Especially in uncommunicative teams, the more necros and rev you get… the less you have to worry about loosing.

Here’s the thing though… if you remove those from meta, you get back to a bunker meta. So, you cant really do that… you cant even really tone them down… the only way to solve this, is for Anet to implement no-stacking in ranked.
Which isnt easy.
Until then… we will have to live with one or two professions getting stacked and tbh… Id rather have 3 necros facing me than 3 bunker chronos from last season’s meta. In that regard, Im quite happy with the current meta…. just not the rest.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

in PvP

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

The season? Yes but not the meta dude. This meta is a lot better than last one. The last meta was about capping the first two points, then gg.

They should nerf chill to its old use (slower cooldowns and runspeed), poison should not stack in intensity, torment should be deleted and confusion back to only do damage if you use skills.

Um yeah, chill is indeed just slower cooldown and movement speed unless paired with a grandmaster reaper trait. So if they nerf Deatly Chill they would need to buff sth else in order to rebalance the reaper. Folks like you are fast to call nerfs without much consideration so are you as good with buffs ? What should they tune up if they tone deathly chill down?

in PvP

drgast.1469

Um yeah, chill is indeed just slower cooldown and movement speed unless paired with a grandmaster reaper trait. So if they nerf Deatly Chill they would need to buff sth else in order to rebalance the reaper. Folks like you are fast to call nerfs without much consideration so are you as good with buffs ? What should they tune up if they tone deathly chill down?

Not sure if Chill or Deathly Chill is the real issue. Chill is probably overpowered as a condition. It should probably switch with Cripple in movement speed -% imho. Deathly Chill is (still) really strong. Not sure if you continue to nerf damage directly or possibly the DoT application to 2 seconds instead of every 1.

Regardless, this is more a discussion for another thread, I’m sure.

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

The pip farming needs to be removed from the game until they can figure out how to create fair match ups for even solo que players. Since this pip farming was introduced, I have seen more players get burnt out, frustrated and leave the game than ever before.

My spvp guild is hurting for activity since the launch of season 2. People were excited and awaiting real fixes but they did not receive anything acceptable as a “fix” so they began leaving Guild Wars 2. Not taking breaks, leaving.

Guild league ladder on the other hand works great and there has never been a problem with match making when it comes to premade vs premade.

More about solo que issues that make me unhappy:

• I was able to push through amber/emerald/sapphire/early-mid ruby rather easily. Then I hit t5-6 ruby and suddenly every other match I get is a kitten team stack that is impossible to work with vs. a superior meta stack comp. Situations like: I get rolled with Thief, Warrior, Scrapper, Some Ele trying to run glass vs. Rev, Rev, Tempest, Reaper, Reaper or something like that. I’ve been stuck at the end of ruby for a couple weeks now due to this. There are 2 problems here: #1 the MMR system does not identify classes when placing teams so what you land with is purely luck. #2 Bad class balancing makes this problem worse. I shouldn’t have to cringe, ask and hope for my teammates to swap classes to have a chance of winning at all. Right now, the team that lands a more thorough meta stack is almost always the team that certainly wins.
  • Early Diamond players joining my games while I am at the end of Ruby, who are tanking MMR and purposely throwing matches to set themselves up for a win streak. I see pretty often actually and it’s one of the biggest reasons why pip farming needs to end as it promotes this kind of bullkitten.
I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

in PvP

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

I was top score on Blue.

Right thats why you blacked out the grouping brackets and I am sure it wasn’t two 3 mans and two solos on each side right???

Just HAD to be a full five man premade ESL NOSCOPE 360 team vs. you and 4 other scrappy PUGs.

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Better than season 1, but that’s not really saying much. It would have been hard to screw up this season more than last season unless you were trying.

There’s still some huge failings in their mmr, and the 3/2 premade against full solo or 4 man premades still creates imbalance.

ANet PvP design philosophy.
“Sometimes we get it, a lot of the time we have no idea”.

Attachments:

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Well compared to the dynamic SKILL based ranking system of 2013-2014, the season 2 is not fun.

If I win versus TOP players, I want it to show on my RANK. (like it was)

Now, when I win a TOP or a below average player, I only get a PIP.

It’s not fun. Grinding games to go Legendary with many other grinders that don’t play good is not fun.

Been match versus players that don’t know rotations, don’t know how to burst or CC is not fun at all.

I want my games to have challenged along the way. Each time I win versus GOOD players, I want it to SHOW it NOW. Not in 4 weeks of 8 hours play a week. If I am good enough now, to be considered a GOOD player, I want it now… not because I can grind games 30 hours a week.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Skill-based-or-Grind-based-rank-system/first#post6045595

The worse is… If I soloq I get easy games. When I play with my mid tier team in TRAINING, it’s harder in Diamond. Fine… we are diamond… but the system is borked. No one should get it easier in SOLOQ than TEAMQ.

This means… that GOOD player don’t have incentive to JOIN team. They simply soloq.

So, people like me, who like to TRAIN with a group got the Last Straw.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: LordCanti.7124

LordCanti.7124

Well compared to the dynamic SKILL based ranking system of 2013-2014, the season 2 is not fun.

If I win versus TOP players, I want it to show on my RANK. (like it was)

Now, when I win a TOP or a below average player, I only get a PIP.

It’s not fun. Grinding games to go Legendary with many other grinders that don’t play good is not fun.

Been match versus players that don’t know rotations, don’t know how to burst or CC is not fun at all.

I want my games to have challenged along the way. Each time I win versus GOOD players, I want it to SHOW it NOW. Not in 4 weeks of 8 hours play a week. If I am good enough now, to be considered a GOOD player, I want it now… not because I can grind games 30 hours a week.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Skill-based-or-Grind-based-rank-system/first#post6045595

The worse is… If I soloq I get easy games. When I play with my mid tier team in TRAINING, it’s harder in Diamond. Fine… we are diamond… but the system is borked. No one should get it easier in SOLOQ than TEAMQ.

This means… that GOOD player don’t have incentive to JOIN team. They simply soloq.

So, people like me, who like to TRAIN with a group got the Last Straw.

I support this message.

in PvP

Posted by: LordKage.9135

LordKage.9135

Extremely happy with the results of Season 2. Players are exactly where they belong but I suggest allowing players to lose divisions. This might fix the problem of bad players getting a lucky win streak and somehow managing to get to ruby.

Try Tô Kill Me // Engineer/Warrior/Revenant

in PvP

drgast.1469

Extremely happy with the results of Season 2. Players are exactly where they belong but I suggest allowing players to lose divisions. This might fix the problem of bad players getting a lucky win streak and somehow managing to get to ruby.

Losing divisions will make it more enjoyable to play? I’m sure that might make it feel better for some, but overall I think it’d make the experience even more tedious.

in PvP

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Season 2 is better than 1 so improvments

in PvP

Yasi.9065

Losing divisions will make it more enjoyable to play? I’m sure that might make it feel better for some, but overall I think it’d make the experience even more tedious.

I dont think so… because then people would get paired with and against players of their own mmr again, they can recover and gather momentum (winstreak) and maybe cross further than before. Players would distribute themselves more evenly along the ladder, instead of all congregating around one point (sapphire t4 to ruby t1).
And I mean what is so terrible about dropping a division? you made it across, it counted for your achievement… so yeah… whatever… you get better matches this way… and you get room for improving…. so maybe next time you start a winning streak it is because of your own accomplishments and you can keep it running beyond ruby t1.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Don’t know how winning over 80% of matches from amber to ruby is luck. adding loss of divisons serves no purpose whatsoever. There are enough tiers in the higher divisions to force players to improve and prevent less experienced players from climbing by luck.

All they need to change for now in the league system is the profession achievements. There is no reason why players should be encouraged to risk losing ranked matches for their teammates by using a profession they are not good with

in PvP

drgast.1469

I dont think so… because then people would get paired with and against players of their own mmr again, they can recover and gather momentum (winstreak) and maybe cross further than before. Players would distribute themselves more evenly along the ladder, instead of all congregating around one point (sapphire t4 to ruby t1).
And I mean what is so terrible about dropping a division? you made it across, it counted for your achievement… so yeah… whatever… you get better matches this way… and you get room for improving…. so maybe next time you start a winning streak it is because of your own accomplishments and you can keep it running beyond ruby t1.

Well, in my mind it’d be dreadful. I am of the opinion that lost progress in a game is never good. PvP or PvE or whatever. Lost progress = lost time = wasted time = find something else to do. In my book at least.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

It’s much better than S1, but atm. it’s not much fun, since 5 pips before legend, I went from a 90% win rate until diamond and about 70% in diamond to a sick loosing streak. And no, I didn’t play perfectly, but in most of the games I had some very suspicious teammates that just simply played wrong at first glance.

It’s just a salty solo-Q pip-grind. Compare this to what we used to have with tournaments:

- They actually made you wanna team up with 4 ppl.
- They had appropriate rewards.
- A loss didn’t set you back, but just didn’t gave you the rewards you were looking for and you simply q’d again.
- It had a simple implemented difficulty-curve; “winner stays in tournament”.

It was just so much better.

in PvP

drgast.1469

It’s much better than S1, but atm. it’s not much fun, since 5 pips before legend, I went from a 90% win rate until diamond and about 70% in diamond to a sick loosing streak. And no, I didn’t play perfectly, but in most of the games I had some very suspicious teammates that just simply played wrong at first glance.

It’s just a salty solo-Q pip-grind. Compare this to what we used to have with tournaments:

- They actually made you wanna team up with 4 ppl.
- They had appropriate rewards.
- A loss didn’t set you back, but just didn’t gave you the rewards you were looking for and you simply q’d again.
- It had a simple implemented difficulty-curve; “winner stays in tournament”.

It was just so much better.

I think the point about wanting to group up is a very true statement.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

i got legend in under 90 matches playing only thief

so i can say im happy with it i guess

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

I didn’t mind. Got Legend yesterday and felt like this season was a definitive up in skill from the last one in the latest divisions. Diamond had some really fun matches.

Balance could use work but its miles better than facing Bunker Mesmers.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

I consider this the best PvP season ever.

There is one problem though: I do not PvP.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

in PvP

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

If enemy team don’t have any scrapper, herald, daredevil and/or druid, then yes, pvp is quite good.

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

in PvP

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

I’ve seen lots of complaining on here and just about every match is people voicing their displeasure. Lobby is full of unhappy people. Just want to know if anybody is actually happy with the way things are? Matchmaking, meta, all of it.

meta is.. weird, but a lot less awful than season 1.

The matchmaking and progression are much better than in season 1. It took me a lot less effort to reach ruby, and i didn’t get a single one of those lucky endless win streaks.

Now, i have to decide whether to try to reach diamond or just quit, because i don’t play nearly enough to reach diamond before the season ends (unless i get 75% win rate which, playing late at night, is almost impossible)

in PvP

Posted by: vulneraria.4865

vulneraria.4865

not happy at all with s2, is math broken MM.
in this season the league don’t represent the skill at all….i get ruby without play a real single match(maybe 3 or 4).I’m quite bored.
there are too few match where your skill can change the outcome, you can go afk and still win 500-100.
maybe they can add this, if your team is mmr high and win gain nothing, if lose, lose a division.
the opposite for low mmr.
if low beat high the mmr is swapped.

btw, will be a nice to know this stat, how many time low mmr team have win?

sUk Clan