Is my Necromancer the cause of unbalance?

in PvP

Posted by: Krayiss.4926

Krayiss.4926

Im wondering how Non-Necromancers Spvp’ers feel about the new build (What counters if any can be done?)

[b]28 seconds of invulnerability on a 1 minute cd
Sarmor 8sec x2 Last Gasp at 50%
Swalk 12 sec

With 25k hp and plus 30% LFpool which even at 2% = 650 hp back and 8% is 2.2k back in life force and again thats per hit!
So thats 28 seconds of invulnerability on 1 min cd. Ive done it the past 2 days in Tpvp vs 3 guys by myself when my team is always dying. I also do 2-3k piercing life blasts plus all my regular 1406 condi dmg terror fears and thats not on squishy targets.[/b]

Build
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=;044Z-FKlHFI0A4ZJ-K0;9;49T;0T5;0389;458BWNH7;2h;51FI
Hi I’m running the new 10/30/0/0/30 build 6/4, 9, 10/6, 9, 12 Carrion, Necro runes, Earth and Corruption Sigil.
Spectral wall, Spectral Armor, Spectral walk, Conditions heal and Golem.

Idea is a Amulet with high Vitality Greatly increasing Life force along with trait like Soul Reaping 30% more Life force, while dealing high burst and condi dmg.

Playstyle
Basically the playstyle is use DS as much as possible.

-Dps rotation; Use conditions #2+5 from scepter/dag Grasping dead+ Enfeebling blood> swap staff Condi #2+3 Mark of blood+Chillblains> apply terror fear> Then DS around 50% Lifeforce> Life blast for 2k+Piercing(applying vul x2+might) until 10%> Then DS #5+4 Tainted shackles+Life transger and use w/e LF you gained for more Life blasts repeat [saving doom DS #3 and Spectral wall for max dps or interupts]

-Defense rotation; Spectral armor> DS immediately (soaking up Life force)> Life Transfer> Spectral walk away> Chillblains+putrid mark (Chill+poison+weaken)> Grasping dead+enfeebling blood (cripple+weaken again)[since having Spectral walk lasting 12 secs soaking up life force)> DS again [saving fears and tainted shackles immortalize for interrupting major bursts]

These are the 2 general rotations while mixing in fears+golem charge for heal interrupts and team peels.

Synergies and Stats
1700 power
1406 condi dmg
18% crit 88% in DS
30% crit dmg
25k HP
30% Life Force soul reaping 30 points

DS Death Shroud Reapers Might vi life blast grant might, Weaking Shroud iv enfeebling blood, Furious Demise 15Fury on DS, Unyielding Blast iv Life Blast pierces+vulnerability x2, Deathly Perception 30 50% crit DS
Condition Duration Spite 10%, Necro Runes 10% cond dur & 50% fear master of terror
2 stun breakers Spectral armor and Spectral walk & teleport
2 condition transfers & Consume conditions, heal per condition.
Death Shroud Shield
2 Dodges 3 on sigil
3 Fears Reaper’s Mark, doom & Spectral wall Great for fear chain, 4-6 thru runes and traits
Spectral attunement is great increases all 3 Spectral durations & grants about 5% life force on use.

Disadvantage
Dhummfire + 20 condi dur from spite
and thats about it

1. So how is this build compared to the old 30/30/10 and how meta is it going to be. Haven’t seen any tournaments with the number 1 teams? (Only been playing this in solo 4-500 LB’s)
2. How will this work in the upcoming mist tournament?
3. Where is might necromancer sit with all the other classes?

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

(edited by Krayiss.4926)

in PvP

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

I don’t think you are the cause of the imbalance sorry.

Skullclamp

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

anet is.

/thread

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Necromancers have a lot of counters that people basically ignore. From what the meta was before, condition damage wasn’t that goo.d The only class that applied condition damage a lot was engineer, and they were very very easy to focus down and all their AOE condi applications was Skill shot, slow moving projectiles. They were easy to dodge and negate the damage and weren’t fast application.

Now the meta changes and the class that was supposed to be about conditions is actually good at condition damage and people actually have to worry about condition damage are freaking out because they’re not sure how to counter it. Engineers have some of the best condi removal in the game. Elixir gun + healing turret and you can make necromancers useless. Then you have guardians with save yourselves and more.

The best way to counter a necromancer is either someone on your team change up their build to have some condi removal. Necromancers are very very susceptible to CC. We don’t have a whole lot of stunbreakers. When I play with friends on my engineer and we see a necro, we focus them right away. They know with my CC and their burst damage, we can take down the necro by stunlocking.

I’d be mad if they nerf us again. Since release people have kittened and moaned about mesmers, guardians, and thieves. The response to those who did that was always “learn to play newb” or some variation. Now they buffed another class that brings a whole new aspect to the meta, and those who told people to “learn to play” are now the ones kittening and moaning; and what happens? They nerf necromancers next patch. If they nerf us again I’d be very upset because our counters are so dam obvious.

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

The best way to counter a necromancer is either someone on your team change up their build to have some condi removal. Necromancers are very very susceptible to CC. We don’t have a whole lot of stunbreakers. When I play with friends on my engineer and we see a necro, we focus them right away. They know with my CC and their burst damage, we can take down the necro by stunlocking.

The build I’m talking about in the OP doesn’t have problems with cc even once everyone is focusing me.
2 (3) stun breakers + Spectral walk doubles as a teleport and not only that when you jump into DS they are like a invulnerability (If you have High vitality+30% LF pool . Then Spectral armor gives protection and +8% life fore which is alot due to the fact Im running Spectral attunement increasing the duration and granting more LF on use making all that damage you take for 8 seconds basically healing you. Thats the longest invulnerability I know of!!! It also happens at 50% Last gasp.

In mid fights even if I have to jump on point and really take full focus I can spectral walk lasting 12 and when the thief and mesmer jump on me along with a warrior and ele charge its easy to teleport back to the ledge or Sarmor DS the whole thing,
This is a very high condi spec and haven’t faced another class besides necro running plague signet has enough condi removals. But again This build doesn’t care about that; because it also has Life blasts cause piercing+vulx2+might+70% crit for over 3k on heavy golem.

So would you still just say CC this build because you can do that against any player if you have 2+ focus someone on a team that doesn’t support, but against Im fine with that using this build even w/o support.
And GG Anet nerfing Dhummfire from 4 to 2 seconds you nerfed terror 17% you could have tried nerfing the fire 3 seconds 1st

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Wow now having played this build for the whole day. Its extremely powerful. I can Spectral armor+DS tank for 8 seconds then once I hit 50% Spectral armor pops again and I can do it vs 5 guys easily. Which has happened a few times. I have no toughness and its pretty great damage 2.5k piercing life blasts do insane dmg, vulx2 + might stacks and 70%crit +bleed on crit.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

Not all classes are susceptible to CC as much as Necros, especially that you don’t have stability. If you take stability instead of crit in 30 SR, your overall damage will decrease a lot. Now, it is true you are running with two stunbreaks, but their cooldown is still a lot. The “invulnerability” you speak of is a l2p issue. Just like you know you shouldn’t blow your cooldowns when elementalist goes mistform, when a Necro has his spectrals up, just CC him around until it ends, then burn him down.

So you aren’t “causing unbalance”, other people need to learn to counter Necromancers better.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

True but not attacking a necromancer for 8 seconds on Spectral armor then again at 50% is hard +Spectral walk fro 12 seconds granted 2% isn’t much unless a fast hitter. But ccing a necro for 16 seconds is pretty hard while Fear, Chillblains and I still have all the condi dmg at 1406.

And Again trying to cc a necro DS for 8 seconds while Doom,Terror, and then Life blast that get through its piercing you for 2.5k-3k is hard.
I use Swalk> DS and even if cc’ed the whole time by the time it runs out The cd is back up and I’ll pop Sarmor>Heal> right back in DS then you need to cc me again for 8 seconds. and then Im finally out at 50% Sarmor pops right back in DS. Its pretty good.

Also not sure why I was forgetting but Im like really good at doding in DS and always make every1 waste cc on me

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

And if anyone knows or not 2% on a 25k hp life force pool is 500? +30% from soul reaping so 800.

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26

in PvP

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

only reason why necro seemed Op , is cause of 4 aoe’s in 1 weapon set ( staff)

now they nerfed terror and dhuumfire ,
its gone work for a little while till people realize the problem wasn’t terror or dhumm but the access to more then 2 aoe’s on a single weapon set.

as long as some characters got easy access to a lot of aoe’s on a single weapon set there will never be any real balance possible.
( we playing a game where the aoe’s are the same size like the point you need to hold / take and the aoe’s do around same or more then single target hits. )

so balance out aoe’s before touching anything else , thats the correct way of balancing pvp.
Anet just likes to do it the other way around , screw up everything before realizing what the real problem is.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Why wouldn’t you just use a build calculator?
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=

in PvP

Krayiss.4926

Why wouldn’t you just use a build calculator?
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=

Thanks for that; Updated OP

Necro 10/30/0/0/30 7/26