Is this a joke ?

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Eristina.5967

Eristina.5967

I only have one question :
When will Ncsoft budget some money to get this game esport ? Is it still planned after the false advertising at launch ?

Origine-online – http://www.twitch.tv/ooeristina
Mains Thief – Necro – Mesmer

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

The worse about Engi nerf →

They didn’t only replaced the individual cooldown with a global 10 sec cooldown.

THEY ADDED IT.

So we have an individual cooldown, and a global cooldown.

Thanks!

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

Yeah sorry, but I’m out.

I enjoy MMOs because of the constant evolution.

This game (and game-play) is evolving so slowly it feels like watching paint dry.

Hell, we already have such a limited number of abilities and viable builds yet there seems to be no changes in sight.

When you have such a shallow game, at least make regular changes. I don’t want to be doing the same shmuck for months on end.

ontop of only 1 game mode (the least popular in any other game) + no real reason to play it

yeah, that’s about it. 6+ months for 1 minor meta change, a few kittenty maps of the same mode, and reverting paids back to beta

if it wasn’t fun before, why would it be now. people aren’t going to come back for this.. then we have to wait another 3 months for another “big” pvp patch? lol

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

The worse about Engi nerf ->

They didn’t only replaced the individual cooldown with a global 10 sec cooldown.

THEY ADDED IT.

So we have an individual cooldown, and a global cooldown.

Thanks!

Quoting this. That needs a fix asap if true. its clearly a bug.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Such a disappointment all this time waiting for the big patch and this is what we get? Good joke Anet you will get far saying “When it’s ready”.

WHen its ready….lol

If that was true even with them saying it then Id have given this game another 2 years before launching….maybe fire a bunch of people and get talented developers and what not. Kinda like what Final Fantasy 14 did.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Yeah sorry, but I’m out.

I enjoy MMOs because of the constant evolution.

This game (and game-play) is evolving so slowly it feels like watching paint dry.

Hell, we already have such a limited number of abilities and viable builds yet there seems to be no changes in sight.

When you have such a shallow game, at least make regular changes. I don’t want to be doing the same shmuck for months on end.

ontop of only 1 game mode (the least popular in any other game) + no real reason to play it

yeah, that’s about it. 6+ months for 1 minor meta change, a few kittenty maps of the same mode, and reverting paids back to beta

if it wasn’t fun before, why would it be now. people aren’t going to come back for this.. then we have to wait another 3 months for another “big” pvp patch? lol

QFT!!!

One game mode and the worst game mode possible.

This game mode was not popular at all even in GW1.

How can these people screw up so bad.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: luxen.8376

luxen.8376

All I ever wanted was balance

Luxen – Engineer, Elementalist & Warrior

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: sirnibb.4709

sirnibb.4709

Pin Down: This ability now applies bleeding to targets that it hits.
Smoldering Arrow: This ability is now a full projectile finisher.

Guys, it’s cool. They buffed the warrior’s longbow. -_-

Rank 80 guild wars 2 player.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Miaz.8521

Miaz.8521

Totally agree with the OP thread. I don’t understand why they buff/nerf spec/skills what don’t need to be changed.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Kouryuu.4213

Kouryuu.4213

I think they need to focus on getting custom servers and observer mode out so the community can salvage what’s left of this mess.

Forever unranked.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

There are some updates missing from the notes. We are tracking down those, but some changes to the D/D and S/D ele build are in this patch despite not being in the notes.

Thank you for clarifiying, I look forward to seeing what those changes are.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.6257

Zoose.6257

I think they need to focus on getting custom servers and observer mode out so the community can salvage what’s left of this mess.

This and a ladder.

What a mess of a pvp balance. Disappointing really…I’ve been so positive and a big advocate of this game as well. You can only be disgusted by so much.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Should bring out CA so people can host their own tournaments at the very least.
Works for the fighting genre.
I’ll watch people play if moneys on the line, makes it more exciting.

The great forum duppy.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Drstranglelove.4391

Drstranglelove.4391

soooooooo………… is Anet back from christmas vacation yet so we can actually do something with this game

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

Have not played since December hoping they get their acts together. I can’t expect any good pvp features like dueling, custom arenas, and different game modes anytime soon so why not wait for the right balance. They nerfed the engineer yet again, and all the ele issues went right over their heads. I can see me coming back to this game in about one year and it will be the game I want it to be.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Zzyzx.8906

Zzyzx.8906

This is what happens when you only have a group of internal testers instead of public or source, especially when you have people like Java that are the ones in it.

This patch was such a complete joke. This was suppose to be part 1 of “THE” patch to save this game and to start bringing it back to life. You really dropped the ball with this one and I think you may have killed your game after the first couple days of playing the new map. Hope you guys push out some more stuff this week ASAP.

Do me a favor and send me an e-mail when you guys actually push out a REAL patch. This was just awful. I’ve officially lost my faith in you guys. Off to playing another game that starts with an S and ends with a mite.

Your game was on life support and you guys just pulled the plug…. (coming from one of your biggest supporters and most faithful fans since GW1. Been playing GW2 since BWE#1 and I think I’ve officially hit my mark)

(edited by Zzyzx.8906)

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Fire.7459

Fire.7459

OMG this patch it’s a joke…..ahahah In new map no ress….NO LADDERRRRRRRR AGAIN…..WHEN THIS GAME BECAME COMPETITIVE?

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Khalifahaze.6045

Khalifahaze.6045

This patch killed what little competitive aspect this game had left gg anet.

QT Khalifa [Cute] – Necromancer

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: EaGrimdarK.7849

EaGrimdarK.7849

What kittening garbage. This was supposed to be the spvp patch and yet literally every other facet of the game got way more attention. kitten this game I quit.

If you are that upset at GW2 then you just look like an idiot for sticking around. -Bongwizard Slubs

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

If I had to guess, A-net is low on man power for programmers that we have to wait so long for very little.

Classes, Class balance, and skills should take a priority beyond this living world crap, and is sooo much more needed for a healthy game beyond expanding the world in both PvE and PvP.

I get PvE people love it and eat it up ect ect. But what’s the point of having a big world if everything the players do in the world is broken, clunky, unwieldy, or pointless?

I’m not unrealistic all MMOs need some sort of balance and change as time progresses however the initial statement(s) of “ready when it’s ready” is not really true.

What we have now is just bare bone, or raw ore not even smelted.

Solution: Stated as a need before – > more man power dedicated to all classes and class balance.

Side (possibly very flawed) opinion –
Stop trying to make a game balanced for territory control people want to get the kill. and should really be balanced around such. having a silly gimmicky build that can contest and cap a point for 5 seconds and thus is viable is silly, and no one is going to view it like that, so the meta will not shift.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

You people need to shut up.

Balance isn’t even the breaking point for sPvP. It’s the lack of systems. Always has been, always will be. Ladders, spectating, eliminating queues (and making solo queue separate from premades). The minor differences in balance (only seen by .001% of the tPvPers who care enough) is the least of your crybaby concerns.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

EaGrimdarK.7849

Balance isn’t even the breaking point for sPvP. It’s the lack of systems. Always has been, always will be. Ladders, spectating, eliminating queues. The balance is the least of your crybaby concerns.

You’d rather have less people tell ANet whats wrong with their game? So you want less people to voice their concerns so ANet will think not as many people think somethings wrong?

You’re a kitten!ng idiot lmao

If you are that upset at GW2 then you just look like an idiot for sticking around. -Bongwizard Slubs

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Necro’s still boring as hell and a total design failure. Time to roll a ranger!

Yay! PvP officially forgotten.

Leman

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Balance isn’t even the breaking point for sPvP. It’s the lack of systems. Always has been, always will be. Ladders, spectating, eliminating queues (and making solo queue separate from premades). The minor differences in balance (only seen by .001% of the tPvPers who care enough) is the least of your crybaby concerns.

You must be playing ele or mesmer.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Xeph.4513

Fact is I don’t care that there is no mmr, custom games, spectator mode etc, I understand that those things will come later, because hey those are big changes that require a lot of time and Arenanet has already confirmed that these things are coming.
I worry when balance becomes a joke, because that is the fundementals of the game; and if Arenanet fails at doing that, then they have failed at the most basic aspects of making a game successful.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

Balance isn’t even the breaking point for sPvP. It’s the lack of systems. Always has been, always will be. Ladders, spectating, eliminating queues. The balance is the least of your crybaby concerns.

You’d rather have less people tell ANet whats wrong with their game? So you want less people to voice their concerns so ANet will think not as many people think somethings wrong?

Petty ad hominem.

I’m just calling it as I see it. There’s no intelligent discourse here. Just a bunch of whining. Am I on the WoW and Diablo 3 forums? Wah wah my profession is underpowered, buff me and nerf others.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: dimyzuka.7051

dimyzuka.7051

well what about when they fail to release any pvp systems, can’t we expect them to atleast balance the game? is that too much to ask?

+1 for dueling in the mists.
+1 for 3v3 or 2v2 deathmatch

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Fact is I don’t care that there is no mmr, custom games, spectator mode etc, I understand that those things will come later, because hey those are big changes that require a lot of time and Arenanet has already confirmed that these things are coming.
I worry when balance becomes a joke, because that is the fundementals of the game; and if Arenanet fails at doing that, then they have failed at the most basic aspects of making a game successful.

+1. However they seem to have corrected balance more than initially it seemed so I am fairly content now with the patch. Those ele changes should help shake things up. I am quite happy.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

EaGrimdarK.7849

Petty ad hominem.

I’m just calling it as I see it. There’s no intelligent discourse here. Just a bunch of whining. Am I on the WoW and Diablo 3 forums? Wah wah my profession is underpowered, buff me and nerf others.

How is pointing out that we should all have a voice of our issues an ad hominem? LMFAO Stay in school, kid.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: DXIEdge.2789

DXIEdge.2789

Wait Java Is on the PTR?

Is PZ on the PTR? Cuz Powerr posted thatch read pretty early

Who IS on the PTR. Don’t we have a right to know?

And, as an ele, it’s sad that I’m actually happy there are more nerfs coming, as this wasn’t enough.

Is there a leaderboard comin soon?

Is necro and warrior allowing people to rally yet?

Something has to give a net

R40! Ele/Ranger for GW2 Esports Guild
@DXIEdge on twitter.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Munkee.3542

Munkee.3542

There are some updates missing from the notes. We are tracking down those, but some changes to the D/D and S/D ele build are in this patch despite not being in the notes.

There’s a shocker. I thought another Dev specifically told us EVERYTHING in the initial patch notes was all that’s changed and there was no such thing as stealth nerfs? I must just be stupid or something, I dunno.

Mesmer
Pinnacle Of Responsibility [Mom] – Yak’s Bend

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: arrownin.3128

arrownin.3128

Bwahahaha… I really need to stop giving my hopes up for patches, I’m just letting myself down.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Who IS on the PTR. Don’t we have a right to know?

I know of 2 EU teams. Can’t say much about NA, or if there’s more people from EU.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Since October I started making a pot of jasmine tea before every major patch.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

This game was going to be great. But then ANET just happens to be a bunch of pathetic jokes.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Can we stop this thread and move to the one discussing the actual ele changes? This thread seems dated now.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

EaGrimdarK.7849

This game was going to be great. But then ANET just happens to be a bunch of pathetic jokes.

QFT

So much QFT running around today.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

lol, the overreaction here is making my slow afternoon at the office quite amusing. Calm down. It’s a game.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Skyro.3108

Skyro.3108

The funny thing is is that ANet’s “slow and steady” approach to balance is the exact opposite of what they need right now. Slow and steady balancing works for mature games with healthy populations. Games where there are ongoing tournaments and whatnot where drastically changing the metagame would have significant ramifications.

What ANet needs to do is actually focus on significantly buffing underpowered weapons/skills/traits. In fact, many balance teams overbuff underpowered aspects of their game to draw interest in them so people use and test them out so they can get a large set of data to then gauge if a following nerf is necessary.

The PvP balance in this game is in its infant stages, and wild swings of the metagame should not only be expected, it should be welcomed. At the end of the day, the teams playing 12hrs a day are the minority, and balance at the top should be of very little concern. ANet should be focused on the casual playerbase and making the core game fun, and that is done by having multiple effective builds and roles for each class.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Xeph.4513

lol, the overreaction here is making my slow afternoon at the office quite amusing. Calm down. It’s a game.

People have the right to an opinion, regardless if its a game or not and these forums are provided for people to express those opinions in any form or manner they choose.

I understand that it might seem like people are overreacting, but they’re angry, this will probably die down by tomorrow.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: QtHman.9510

QtHman.9510

They haven’t said how they gonna reset MMR and all those games that i’ve played were for nothing…..I officially quit this kittening game.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: rylark.3418

rylark.3418

We know it’s just a game, but it’s something that you payed for, we payed 60€ to have tons of fun and epic battles. But all we get is disappointment and slaps on the face from Anet.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

Come now, Xeph, surely you don’t want the double ele teams (that are such a joy to play against!) to go away now do you?

Rejoice! More games of us getting our close point decapped 24/7 without being able to punish it by any shape or form.

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Rasket.5912

Rasket.5912

People have the right to an opinion, regardless if its a game or not and these forums are provided for people to express those opinions in any form or manner they choose.

I understand that it might seem like people are overreacting, but they’re angry, this will probably die down by tomorrow.

Yeah, it will die down because we will all have just left. This was it. This was the big PvP patch. This is the best they’ve got. It’s bamboozling.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

The funny thing is is that ANet’s “slow and steady” approach to balance is the exact opposite of what they need right now. Slow and steady balancing works for mature games with healthy populations. Games where there are ongoing tournaments and whatnot where drastically changing the metagame would have significant ramifications.

What ANet needs to do is actually focus on significantly buffing underpowered weapons/skills/traits. In fact, many balance teams overbuff underpowered aspects of their game to draw interest in them so people use and test them out so they can get a large set of data to then gauge if a following nerf is necessary.

The PvP balance in this game is in its infant stages, and wild swings of the metagame should not only be expected, it should be welcomed. At the end of the day, the teams playing 12hrs a day are the minority, and balance at the top should be of very little concern. ANet should be focused on the casual playerbase and making the core game fun, and that is done by having multiple effective builds and roles for each class.

“But E-sports!”

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Well…. I guess its back to League of Legends.

Bah. League of Legends doesn’t feel anything like this game, even if it is well done for what it is.. It seems more like SC2.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: rylark.3418

rylark.3418

Yeah, it will die down because we will all have just left. This was it. This was the big PvP patch. This is the best they’ve got. It’s bamboozling.

Agree with this sir, don’t know if they mean it but many people are leaving Guild Wars for TERA.

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Angry Flying Squirrel.3041

Well…. I guess its back to League of Legends.

Bah. League of Legends doesn’t feel anything like this game, even if it is well done for what it is.. It seems more like SC2.

Try SMITE. It has a much more MMO feel.

Setnnex-Necro

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: gab.7645

gab.7645

Anyone tried Forge?

Is this a joke ?

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

I fully agree and tbh my favourite part of gw1 for some time was the balance patches and seeing everything change.

My thief traps still broken.

The great forum duppy.