Issues vs'ing the same pre-made team(s)?

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Out of curiosity is there anything to deter the constant re-matching vs the same opponents?

I realize there is a lot to discuss to improve the system, but as a test subject during this ‘test season’ I figured I’d share my input and what has been bothering me most.

There are many times where I have faced the same team 4+ games in a row. Sometimes we’re on the winning side and sometimes we’re not, but the games rarely ever go back and forth. For example, one night I lost to the exact same team 8 games in a row (I know Justin will check my math and I’ll admit right now that I wasn’t counting, but it was at LEAST 5 and felt like more). That was not fun. Sure you could tell me to Q-dodge them but 1) why should players have to try and weasel around the system when the system should encourage a diversity of games; and 2) there was another team that was Q-dodging them which was equally as hard to beat.

I tend to play with anyone who invites me, so sure you can try and blame me for being bad or w/e but I don’t take it to heart since I play for fun and with anyone who shows a genuine interest in the game and is pleasant.

That being said, it’s also not fun when I have a pre-made that stomps the same players over and over again for hours. Things like that lead to them coming and posting on the forums calling the MM bs.

Perhaps there could be a way to address this issue if others feel it is also a problem.

As an aside, the LB is not reflective of skill, but I guess getting PM’s for being #1 is inevitable (I just -REALLY- want glorious armor for my main account), but people keep asking for tips and in the past I’ve wrote semi-lengthy, helpful, responses for solo Q mentality since I do both teams and yolo Q. If you’re looking for my input then I would refer you to these topics and the posts therein—not just my posts:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Noob-if-you-do-Noob-if-you-don-t/first#post4262607

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/How-do-I-carry-in-solo-queue/page/2#post4346822

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Given the new matchmaking system, a poor pleb like myself that was top 100 in the previous system (team) is only 76% now. Since the new leaderboards give people the opportunity to grind out more games, if you actually want to get better I would assume you would want to play in the 5v5 custom servers, because rank is meaningless, and you actually have more fun playing with random team comps (with people you would recognize) and try to win in private servers over trash rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Well, I don’t like the changes either, but there are a lot of premade teams now that farm pugs like it’s a COF p1 speed run and they seem to be enjoying it. I can only hope anet isn’t trying to cater to people like them, but with how farmy the rest of the game is, it wouldn’t surprise me any. :/

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Well, I don’t like the changes either, but there are a lot of premade teams now that farm pugs like it’s a COF p1 speed run and they seem to be enjoying it. I can only hope anet isn’t trying to cater to people like them, but with how farmy the rest of the game is, it wouldn’t surprise me any. :/

Well, in some cases dungeons are probably more challenging

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: SYPHA.9283

SYPHA.9283

That is exactly what Anet is doing. That was obvious when they removed solo queue. They are catering to top players in this new bullkitten pvp build. They are forcing people to group or get destroyed or gtfo. Id say move onto another game. Rift PVP is actually doing quite well and hasnt been kittened with since beta. They learned dont try to fix what isnt broken.

I know of 40 people that have quit gw2 pvp SO far and now play rift. Cmon over, were on seastone