It's a you issue.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

You can carry low rank teams. Matchmaking isn’t bad. Class stacking isn’t an issue. You’ve just got to be good enough to carry an entire team. If you’re not then you belong where you are.

Swapped to guard myself, the other three didn’t know how to swap characters/ didn’t have any ready. But that’s not their fault, it’s a me issue. The also didn’t know how to rotate. But that’s not their fault, it’s a me issue. They couldn’t target called target, but that’s not their fault, it’s a me issue. I just gotta carry harder. Two of the thieves had duo queued together, but that’s not their fault, it’s a me issue. Also, one of them bailed about a minute before the end of the match and I still lost ranking, but that’s not their fault…. it’s a me issue.

It’s in no way an issue with the system; I’m just terrible at the level of these other players.

Attachments:

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

That is just depressing to see. I feel for ya man.

If only there was some sort of queue that allowed you group with teammates you knew you could rely on.

Or no class stacking alowed.

Or better matchmaking.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I find this post very poetic.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

No you can’t and no it’s not. Until you’re there and have tried it, don’t make these posts kids

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

It’s very hard to carry a team though some builds are more suited for it. I do agree that people immediately blame their team mates when they lose and absolve themselves of any wrongdoing. I suspect that many of these people are good but not great and get exposed in matches that require them to do more than the basics.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: LinhZeri.6412

LinhZeri.6412

Lol no one else feels so off constantly being made to “carry teams” to enjoy a game? lol… I swear this game really changes peoples mentality on what is enjoyable… it is quite amusing. This term I only here mostly on Guild Wars 2 Its like you saying CARRY YOUR SPORTS TEAM TO VICTORY… lol. But seriously there needs to be a rank max of 50 to 80 on newer players and Anet finally make some tutorial (Even Guild Wars 1 had this in ascalon starting area to teach fundamentals) on what the heck sPvP is instead of just throwing them into the swarm of bees. HINT HINT ANET this is needed I hope you read this.

1] Rank 50 to 80 limit on entering ranked (Yes you must have a set amount of experience to set foot in a League system)

2] SPvP Tutorial before entering your first game. (Don’t allow skipping as well… complete missions to advance to areas and clearly teach how this game mode is done.. you will see results im sure and no more noob hating will be done)

3] Do NOT reward losing. Sadly we have too many snowflakes in the year 2k.. please change that where if you lose you don’t gain anything. Simple as that. (Sorry im harsh but people tend to do the least to obtain the most… im sure you know this by now.)

(edited by LinhZeri.6412)

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Glael.7643

Glael.7643

Depressing to see…. Guess this season is breaking us all. I really loved and enjoyed pvp- until now. I swear if I got my ascension (I doubt I can finish it this season with those teams) I will never play ranked anymore.
You just can’t carry a team which doesn’t want to coorperate.

main necro,thief
nerf thief, nerf it all

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

This thread.

Attachments:

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I’ve already waved my white flag at this season. My reasoning behind this is the same as you. I suck so bad that I can’t carry 4 other player who simply just want to yolo feed matches or just have no clue on how to even play PvP at all, just their for easy ascended armor and weapons, yet their are in supposed competitive matches with me. One that could care less about Ascended gear since have have mountains of weapons and armor already.

Simply put I’m just that trash teir’ed. So I admit my faults and move on to some thing else I can play and be competitive in. Actually I’m in queue right now as I type this post. Hopefully my other 2 team mates don’t go afk or DC in this match, but then again I’ll just count my cherries that’s all I have to worry about in this dedicated PvP game.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

This happens if you let players in ranked without learning how to play in unranked first.
And it happens if you give rewards on losses there …. what a bad idea.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

You can carry low rank teams. Matchmaking isn’t bad. Class stacking isn’t an issue. You’ve just got to be good enough to carry an entire team. If you’re not then you belong where you are.

Swapped to guard myself, the other three didn’t know how to swap characters/ didn’t have any ready. But that’s not their fault, it’s a me issue. The also didn’t know how to rotate. But that’s not their fault, it’s a me issue. They couldn’t target called target, but that’s not their fault, it’s a me issue. I just gotta carry harder. Two of the thieves had duo queued together, but that’s not their fault, it’s a me issue. Also, one of them bailed about a minute before the end of the match and I still lost ranking, but that’s not their fault…. it’s a me issue.

It’s in no way an issue with the system; I’m just terrible at the level of these other players.

If this is of any comfort to you yesterday I had some guy in enemy team with dragon rank finisher at bronze 2. As no one went close I did, after few seconds it turned out that he killed all my teammates 2v4 (1 guy from their team went their close and the other 2 came to me). Sometimes I see higher skill cap in low bronze then when I was closer to 1k rating.

I think it is as you say, you just have to carry, but then when it ends? If you are stuck at 1400 you also have to carry those games to get higher rating or the team is more competent already? At which rank people know maps? At which rank people know particular map mechanic like buffs? I was in a game in temple of the silent storm, tranqulity spawns, all enemies ran to steal it and my teammates were defending mid xD

I don’t require much, I would just want to start from rating bracket where people simply know what to do without communicating with each other. Right now even when I ask to do particular thing no one listens anyways, two guys go close in legacy of foefire, thief goes waterfall and other guy probably having no better idea follows him. Of course we all got wiped, then I ask to recap our close and then go mid, no people run waterfall 1 by 1 and get steamrolled by the enemy.

Often people just ignore the cap points and chase the enemy. This is so common. Enemy caps your base and my wonderful teammate instead of recapping it chases the guy who capped it costing us points. People pull svanir and die or let the enemy steal the buff. You start at mine and some “elitists” try to cap henge, and still fail even though they go 2v1, meanwhile rest struggles to recap/hold the keep. Pretty sad. But yesterday I won a 1v3 fight and someone from my team told me I am good xD But to be honest our enemies were horrible.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

lol , when the game only have solo and double queue. All balance problem since HoT patch are coming. Look that DH meta. Look that Spam. Look that brainless Condition stacking. Look that block block block 1234 rotation. Look at LoL. Look at DoTA. That is a result of you want to balance a game in 5v5. Hey, Who want to get a team today? Teamwork is a old-fashion. Now day, nobody want it.

Are you Ready? Anet~

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Sad to see.

It’s always ‘a you issue’ unless the ‘you’ is you, then it’s never a “you” issue.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

xeonage.1253

In GW2 you can’t carry your teammate that who cannot stand here for 5 sec. Even more unfortunate, when you finishing an enemy. They always come and down in DH trap for a SEC and help enemy revival. A SEC that mean they even don’t know how to make a dodge. Don’t know how do spam their rotation! If your carry them go to high MMR. You just hurt other people.

Noob and Low skill player also can’t make any damage in this block block block 1234 rotation system. They don’t know when is the window of that brainless rotation. They don’t know how to burst. They ALL just a trouble for your team. A chance for enemy revival. That why no one want to play with them.

Anyway, you can see that poor player base. New player do not have any chance in this game.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I don’t like the word “carry.” It implies the other 4 people on the team are practically NPCs. As if they just /sit while one person does all the work. A carry is no participation required by the the person(s) being carried. That’s never the case.

If you want to move up in ranks, I think a better way to put is to say you need to overperform at lower ranks. That’s all there is to it. And that should be easy if you truly are much better than the players in the lower ranks and belong in a higher rank.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

xeonage.1253

I don’t like the word “carry.” It implies the other 4 people on the team are practically NPCs. As if they just /sit while one person does all the work. A carry is no participation required by the the person(s) being carried. That’s never the case.

If you want to move up in ranks, I think a better way to put is to say you need to overperform at lower ranks. That’s all there is to it. And that should be easy if you truly are much better than the players in the lower ranks and belong in a higher rank.

Ya, they are not NPC. They don’t /sit. Ho! They are resource of enemy revival.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

Starting out far close with 4 good thiefs it could be winable, but ofcourse you got 4 bad thiefs so no, it wont happen. You need to get like 4 rank 500 thiefs, not rank 50 to make it happen.. XD

It's a you issue.

in PvP

SteepledHat.1345

Rally bots.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Pinkunicorn of Dethecus.3217

Matchmaking isn’t every anecdotal match that the random player comes and kittens about, but the amalgamation thereof. Until people can recognize that, this forum is basically an echo chamber.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

Starting out far close with 4 good thiefs it could be winable, but ofcourse you got 4 bad thiefs so no, it wont happen. You need to get like 4 rank 500 thiefs, not rank 50 to make it happen.. XD

So are you telling people to hope RNG smiles more in their favor? Rather then get good enoth to be able to stand on 2 points at the same time? Wow that is a chance. Most would tell the people still playing GW2’s Ranked that unless they can stand on two point and snipe the enemy team from across the map “no scope style” then you belong there.

But I agree with you sig. In this game’s Ranked all is vein.

But at least I admit it!

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

So are you telling people to hope RNG smiles more in their favor? Rather then get good enoth to be able to stand on 2 points at the same time? Wow that is a chance. Most would tell the people still playing GW2’s Ranked that unless they can stand on two point and snipe the enemy team from across the map “no scope style” then you belong there.

What I want to say is, this is how system works. It just punished those 3 thieves for other players sake, eventually ignorant thieves will lose their division. Out of 10 players only 2 who didn’t deserved to lose…

(edited by REGGADO.1237)

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Sad to see.

It’s always ‘a you issue’ unless the ‘you’ is you, then it’s never a “you” issue.

The ol’ “it’s not me it’s you” routine.

Even works in relationships!

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Reaper Alim.4176

What I want to say is, this is how system works. It just punished those 3 thieves for other players sake, eventually ignorant thieves will lose their division. Out of 10 players only 2 who didn’t deserved to lose…

I see you point. I’m not going to argue this. What was the point of this new system anyways? I honestly forgot, not that I personally care much at this point anyways. I just find it funny that you get people that are taking that “I can’t see past the horizon therefor the world is flat. If you say otherwise then you are just a dumb kittened person.” stance here.

It really is time for ANet to come out with something less social based, say 3v3 stronghold where people can’t heal the npcs? Too much trying to force causals who gives no care about competition into a supposed competitive environment.

I understand that I am responsible for my matches. But what others needs to understand unless ANet gets rid of the capture and hold system. Or stop class stacking in Ranked. Or make it much more harder for PvEers to just come in and troll rank. Then I can so see the queue times rising to Season 4 status, what were they? 20 minute plus queues?

Yes this is also feeling like a echo chamber. But I guess in the end. It is what it is.

But at least I admit it!

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Carrying a game as a solo queue is hard as hell. I wish ANet would show us the MMR of our teammates. I feel like teams are composed of players from a wide range of MMR.

I think if you play a support class like Ele/Druid or a class with mobility like a Thief/Mesmer, then you can carry pretty hard, but for me, a DH, there’s a limit to what I can do. :/ I really wish everyone had to solo queue, lol

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

ele is dam hard to carry with. Supporting a bad team with heals works poorly ….
You have to do damage and mitigate damage. Healing and rezzing is bad in low tiers …

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Thief is always a secondary class unless you are Sindrenerr. Everybody else should have another class/character ready to go, possibly 2. Or 5 as I do.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

mrauls.6519

ele is dam hard to carry with. Supporting a bad team with heals works poorly ….
You have to do damage and mitigate damage. Healing and rezzing is bad in low tiers …

Eles are a great support. If your team lacks DPS, then yeah, an Ele won’t really shine

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Starbreaker.6507

Starbreaker.6507

I don’t get what everyone is complaining about.

According to the PvE circle-jerk on Reddit this season is a blast slumming it down in bronze and sub-30% winrate your way to some sweet gear and if you can’t have fun while doing that then you’re not playing PvP right.

Anet will listen to their joy and pencil this in as “greatest season evah”

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Carrying a game as a solo queue is hard as hell. I wish ANet would show us the MMR of our teammates. I feel like teams are composed of players from a wide range of MMR.

All that will really solve is everyone being able to yell at the lowest-MMR’d person on the team, whether it’s their fault or not.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

All that will really solve is everyone being able to yell at the lowest-MMR’d person on the team, whether it’s their fault or not.

Lol. way to think so close mindedly. If a person has high MMR but did jack kitten on the team, will you not yell at him?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Rally bots.

1v5 any group in a custom game. Let me know how that works for you. if the other 4 people on a team are indeed useless, then carrying yourself to a win should be no issue.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Lol. way to think so close mindedly. If a person has high MMR but did jack kitten on the team, will you not yell at him?

My opinion is you’re being naive if you think that it won’t just be a new place for player toxicity.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

I don’t get what everyone is complaining about.

According to the PvE circle-jerk on Reddit this season is a blast slumming it down in bronze and sub-30% winrate your way to some sweet gear and if you can’t have fun while doing that then you’re not playing PvP right.

Anet will listen to their joy and pencil this in as “greatest season evah”

This post made me laugh. Thank you, and if this was on the reddit I’d upvote ya

It's a you issue.

in PvP

phokus.8934

I think if you play a support class like Ele/Druid or a class with mobility like a Thief/Mesmer, then you can carry pretty hard, but for me, a DH, there’s a limit to what I can do. :/ I really wish everyone had to solo queue, lol

They absolutely need to show other people’s MMR or at the very least, the average MMR for both teams.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

SteepledHat.1345

They absolutely need to show other people’s MMR or at the very least, the average MMR for both teams.

That would be quite nice.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

mrauls.6519

Two teams’ average MMR could be close to one another’s but still consist of a wide range of MMRs. That’s why most surveys use the median.

Team 1’s MMRs: 1,900; 1,800; 1,750; 1750; 800 (1,250 average)
Team 2’s MMRs: 1,800; 1,300; 1,250; 1,000; 1000 (1,270 average)

I know which team I’d want to be on if I saw each person’s MMR…

It’s actually pretty crazy how small the population of people that are between 1,800-1,900 MMR is. Makes me wonder what the MMR of the people I get teamed up with is when I solo queue… Smells fishy

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

(edited by mrauls.6519)

It's a you issue.

in PvP

phokus.8934

Two teams’ average MMR could be close to one another’s but still consist of a wide range of MMRs. That’s why most surveys use the median.

It’s actually pretty crazy how small the population of people that are between 1,800-1,900 MMR is

No I get that but right now we have no idea about anything related to who is on our team or their rating. At least with a team average, you’ll know if the variance is lopsided.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

mrauls.6519

It’s actually pretty crazy how small the population of people that are between 1,800-1,900 MMR is

No I get that but right now we have no idea about anything related to who is on our team or their rating. At least with a team average, you’ll know if the variance is lopsided.

True, we have no idea right now. It’s the same type of mystery we had when we didn’t know our MMR but ANet could look it up. I strongly believe ANet doesn’t want us to know the MMR of our teammates, because then we might realize something. An average will lie to us. I’d rather we use the median

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

It's a you issue.

in PvP

phokus.8934

True, we have no idea right now. It’s the same type of mystery we had when we didn’t know our MMR but ANet could look it up. I strongly believe ANet doesn’t want us to know the MMR of our teammates, because then we might realize something. An average will lie to us. I’d rather we use the median

Haha I hate conspiracy theories but I honestly think this is the reason why we don’t see them.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

mrauls.6519

Haha I hate conspiracy theories but I honestly think this is the reason why we don’t see them.

Me too… but when I think about how small the population of people between 1,800-1,900 MMR is… I wonder who I’m teamed up with

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

(edited by mrauls.6519)

It's a you issue.

in PvP

SteepledHat.1345

I wonder why they don’t give us population data, average number of games played, distribution of players broken down by rank and division, and other useful statistics.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

xeonage.1253

Rally bots.

1v5 any group in a custom game. Let me know how that works for you. if the other 4 people on a team are indeed useless, then carrying yourself to a win should be no issue.

lol. The main point is no need four. Just one or two. You will broken. Or see which team get the worst noob. I have a match that save ppls *8 times. Do you believe that? Noob and No exp player just go in DH trap and down then wait for your help. No more. How to carry them? How to stop them run in those trap? Or How to teach them use range attack consume the sustain of Dragoncancer first? I am no time for typing in a match when ppls down dwon down …….

(edited by xeonage.1253)

It's a you issue.

in PvP

xeonage.1253

Rally bots.

Let see a video learn why they down fast. In a SEC, ya! This is real! OMG!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeWtUkr-1MA

YA! But I don’t think this is responsibility of Noobs , New player , Low skill player. This is a responsibility of Anet. They make that horrible AOE skill.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I guess if its not just me i guess i should get gud.

Your words of wisdom has made me realize its all my fault.

If you cant beat them you should join them.

Attachments:

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Pache.9406

Pache.9406

This is so true. The system is not horrible, I am, for my incapability to carry a whole team. But I see the light at the end of the tunnel, I will use my DH, and the planets will align with the stars, as the dawn of the new “pro level OP meta only” world approaches. “I once was blind, but now I see…” Thank you, dear lord baby Jesus!!!!

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Sorry, but I couldn’t help it and read “it’s a me” with a Mario voice every time.
Anyway, good summary of all the humble-bragging threads floating around OP.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

SteepledHat.1345

Sorry, but I couldn’t help it and read “it’s a me” with a Mario voice every time.
Anyway, good summary of all the humble-bragging threads floating around OP.

That was not my intent, but that’s even better. Lmao

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

There’s a definite limit to how much any one player can conceivably “carry” a match. At some point matches can simply become unwinnable if there’s only one or two people on the losing side who are really trying to win. But to some degree this lack of caring is a rational response on the part of players. Why try to win if you’re still going to get points for just showing up?

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenral.3958

Zenral.3958

This thread sums it up more than well.

It's a you issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

I highly doubt that players carry an entire team. That point of view is generally incorrect and somewhat arrogant. You need help to win a match in 5v5. You may contribute more than some of your members but chances are there are others on the team performing competently.

It only takes 1 or 2 unskilled players on a team to sink the match. It may feel as if the whole team stinks but it’s usually only one . Other times you have competent team mates but the team just doesn’t come up with a valid strategy and ends up disorganized or pushing too many points.

In the matches I’ve lost, it’s usually not because the other team was better, just that my team didn’t organize well. Got +1d in every fight, etc. but individually as players they were ok.