Jon Peter's please read....

in PvP

Posted by: NovaBlue.2460

NovaBlue.2460

Q:

Right you have recently posted in a ranger forum saying this

“There are >500 skills in this game, 480 traits, and 2 designers working on this. Even then often we are bottle necked by other issues. I’m not going to say we are not working on these things, nor can I say there are things we could have changed but just ran out of time on, but this was a patch that contained ranger improvements and it will not be the last one that does so. Maybe you want more than honesty but that is what I currently have to offer.”

this is crazy if i am correct ( which i may not be ) you have just 2 people working on the balance of the game. If this is true no wonder bugs are STILL not fixed.

In light of this i would ask if you intended to make this an esport then why have you only placed 2 people to work on it ?
Because how ever much you say it will become and esport if you put this little commitment into balancing you will and are have more problems with the community.

[TSU] NovaBlue/Fattest Ele EU – Tsunmai’s Ele/founder and leader

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggy.7319

Ziggy.7319

I bet you those two play Thief and Warrior

(also in before thread deletion like the other one in general forums, lol at trying to clean this up)

in PvP

Posted by: OneArmedBandit.7936

OneArmedBandit.7936

Jon Peters isn’t responsible for resource allocation at ArenaNet. Go point your pitchforks elsewhere.

Durrrrr [EU]

in PvP

NovaBlue.2460

Jon Peters isn’t responsible for resource allocation at ArenaNet. Go point your pitchforks elsewhere.

Im not necessarily blaming him i just want to know whats going on ?

in PvP

Posted by: Edell.1286

Edell.1286

I don’t know and I don’t care if they’re only 2 working on balancing that game.

However I think it wouldn’t hurt if Anet was selecting a few “Profession senator” among the very best players of each classes (could be a public vote for each, idk), just to have direct and reliable feedback, instead of having to sort all the BS and the truth going on in these forums.

The Prof Senators would ofc have to discuss with the community and see which issues should be brought to the game designers.

in PvP

Posted by: NakNak.5840

NakNak.5840

Maybe anet managers should think about whether it is worth to make a bad copy of existing pve games instead of fixing pvp.

My respect for Jon and the other guy doing the balancing. Although I’m quite disappointed with the patch, this is a fundamental management fail and not caused by bad game designers.

in PvP

NovaBlue.2460

Maybe anet managers should think about whether it is worth to make a bad copy of existing pve games instead of fixing pvp.

My respect for Jon and the other guy doing the balancing. Although I’m quite disappointed with the patch, this is a fundamental management fail and not caused by bad game designers.

Ye i agree kudos to those 2 guys probably working there kitten of and putting up with a load of community bullkitten from people.

in PvP

Posted by: denyitbattle.2609

denyitbattle.2609

Yea, I could agree more. If there is really just two of you working on balance and esport feature, you are truly working your kitten off.

On the other side… that is an incredible lack of buy-in, and heck, even honesty on the part of Anet regarding the role of PvP in their game.