Let the good times roll.
And by good times…I mean death.

“Those dolls they were making underground… Did you think they look like me?”
-Vivi

Ladder / ranking / custom tournaments

in PvP

Posted by: Nosfe.4062

Nosfe.4062

All three of these features are planned, yes. It is our tradition to not discuss in detail any feature until we have it fully implemented enough that we can talk about it with confidence, as we don’t want to promise a feature to work one way and then end up having it work a different way. We’ll save details on all of those until they are ready to be talked about.

Chaplan will be putting out a blog post in the next few days that summarizes where we stand with PvP right now, and where we’re headed. From there we’ll continue to update as other Esports features come online.

Our focus right now is making sure absolutely all of the potential issues/bugs with base tournaments and rewards are 100% cleaned up before we introduce any form of more serious competition. We’re also trying to make sure we’ve given enough time for the base strategies to develop, and for any skills/builds that are out of balance are identified. Once we’re totally convinced things are in a solid state, you’ll start seeing a roll out of major PvP esports features and we’ll get this thing going like crazy. Take this opportunity now to learn your classes, learn your builds, lockdown strategies for your teams and get ready! Once we start rolling out the esports features, it’ll build up rapidly from there.

it is good to have an answer, but i think the time to figure the early game pvp scenarios and builds has already pass. The game is gettin old without the tools to compete. We need several features to keep the competitive pvp running, but the most important at the moment is the chance to create custom games, so the big teams will be able to face each others, and the small and medium communitys would have the tools to make their own tourneys.
sry for the bad english, not my native language.

twitch.tv/nosfeh

in PvP

Posted by: kiro.8125

kiro.8125

All three of these features are planned, yes. It is our tradition to not discuss in detail any feature until we have it fully implemented enough that we can talk about it with confidence, as we don’t want to promise a feature to work one way and then end up having it work a different way. We’ll save details on all of those until they are ready to be talked about.

Chaplan will be putting out a blog post in the next few days that summarizes where we stand with PvP right now, and where we’re headed. From there we’ll continue to update as other Esports features come online.

Our focus right now is making sure absolutely all of the potential issues/bugs with base tournaments and rewards are 100% cleaned up before we introduce any form of more serious competition. We’re also trying to make sure we’ve given enough time for the base strategies to develop, and for any skills/builds that are out of balance are identified. Once we’re totally convinced things are in a solid state, you’ll start seeing a roll out of major PvP esports features and we’ll get this thing going like crazy. Take this opportunity now to learn your classes, learn your builds, lockdown strategies for your teams and get ready! Once we start rolling out the esports features, it’ll build up rapidly from there.

I think the time has come, me and my team just stomp the living out of 90% of the teams we meet, we need a ranking system, we need something. The more time you waste, the faster we get bored of farming people on free tournaments.

I’m dead serious this is a warning, the longer you take the faster the top teams get bored and start to lose hope on gw2 as a renown esport.
Act, and soon, please. For the sake of gw2 as an esport.

in PvP

Posted by: Irishbrewed.6537

Irishbrewed.6537

^this guy clearly has never had a job. It all takes time and money and employees etc..etc… You can’t just snap your fingers and create a product. Microeconomics 101. Just slow down lest you become your own kiljoy

in PvP

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Sweet! can’t wait! It takes time for this to be accomplished the right way. Whoever quits before these features are implemented will simply come back once they are realeased. It happened several times before the game annouced its released date and I’m sure it will happen again.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in PvP

Posted by: Wheeping Song.6423

Wheeping Song.6423

I think the time has come, me and my team just stomp the living out of 90% of the teams we meet, we need a ranking system, we need something. The more time you waste, the faster we get bored of farming people on free tournaments.

I’m dead serious this is a warning, the longer you take the faster the top teams get bored and start to lose hope on gw2 as a renown esport.

Jeez dude, give it a break will ya?

Not every person playing GW2 has the time to play this game like you do. its not even been a month since release and you guys are already getting bored? if your “dead seriouse warning” is true, why not take the easy way out and do smth different (including RL) than “stomping 90% of the teams”.

I promise, youll look forward to GW2 when youve had a whole day of doing smth different than playing GW2

Regards
Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

Thank you for the update, Colin. Hopefully it will give players some peace of mind. You guys are doing a great job. Letting the pvp game develop and getting all of the bugs and balancing issues sorted out before you release ranked/ladder, is very smart in my opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: Zyd.4352

Zyd.4352

it is good to have an answer, but i think the time to figure the early game pvp scenarios and builds has already pass. The game is gettin old without the tools to compete. We need several features to keep the competitive pvp running, but the most important at the moment is the chance to create custom games, so the big teams will be able to face each others, and the small and medium communitys would have the tools to make their own tourneys.
sry for the bad english, not my native language.

^ This.
The time for testing strategies and learn our classes has reached the limit, we are on a point that we need competitive tools to develop better strategies and learn or create new builds so the game develops even further. If you guys were listening to the eSport community you would know this for a long time, we are tired of playing tournaments and 1/10 you get to play with someone of your same level; its not fun for us, its not fun for the people that just play it for fun with their friends when they get roflstomped by more experience or organized teams.

Show us some love, we need features to improve our community, not blog posts about the state of PvP and eSports, we already know where we are, isn’t late yet.

Zyd – Zydness – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Bloodtau.4672

Bloodtau.4672

Until they actually balance the game, this kind of stuff means sweet jack all.
Also, the promise of an e-sport? Don’t make me laugh.

in PvP

Posted by: Pray.9751

Pray.9751

Oh you planned them already! That is splendid indeed! Amazing that it is in the wonderful state of “planned” albeit being basically a selling point of GW2 for anyone looking at the “e-sport” part.

“Planned” as in someone thinks it is worthy of being implemented “soon”.
“Planned” as in we haven’t actually done anything yet but saying that straight to the folks might upset people that we blatantly lied to in oder to sell copies.

Chaplan will be putting out a blog post in the next few days that summarizes where we stand with PvP right now, and where we’re headed.

It is a wonderous business in which creating a few lines of texts explaining yourself takes weeks.

From there we’ll continue to update as other Esports features come online.

Implying there are any e-sport features in the game already. Nope.

Our focus right now is making sure absolutely all of the potential issues/bugs with base tournaments and rewards are 100% cleaned up before we introduce any form of more serious competition.

I could come up with a better excuse in a heartbeat. Oh yeah you just want to make everything look shiny before you start doing anything… Not to mention that tournaments rewards aren’t working, again.

We’re also trying to make sure we’ve given enough time for the base strategies to develop, and for any skills/builds that are out of balance are identified. Once we’re totally convinced things are in a solid state, you’ll start seeing a roll out of major PvP esports features and we’ll get this thing going like crazy.

Yes makes sense. Because you can identify problems with the meta-game without actually properly playing the game. Because pro-teams will develop such refined strategies when they face pub/random groups 99% of the time and are not allowed to scrim against each other either. Makes perfect sense.

Take this opportunity now to learn your classes, learn your builds, lockdown strategies for your teams and get ready! Once we start rolling out the esports features, it’ll build up rapidly from there.

As it looks right now 75% of the community will be gone once you start “rolling out the esports features”.

in PvP

Irishbrewed.6537

Thank you for the update, Colin. Hopefully it will give players some peace of mind. You guys are doing a great job. Letting the pvp game develop and getting all of the bugs and balancing issues sorted out before you release ranked/ladder, is very smart in my opinion.

Agreed! It makes perfect sense. Don’t just rush a ranking out if your not happy with your metrics or data feedback just yet. It’s not even been a month.

in PvP

Posted by: Duckzor.4327

Duckzor.4327

Oh you planned them already! That is splendid indeed! Amazing that it is in the wonderful state of “planned” albeit being basically a selling point of GW2 for anyone looking at the “e-sport” part.

“Planned” as in someone thinks it is worthy of being implemented “soon”.
“Planned” as in we haven’t actually done anything yet but saying that straight to the folks might upset people that we blatantly lied to in oder to sell copies.

Chaplan will be putting out a blog post in the next few days that summarizes where we stand with PvP right now, and where we’re headed.

It is a wonderous business in which creating a few lines of texts explaining yourself takes weeks.

From there we’ll continue to update as other Esports features come online.

Implying there are any e-sport features in the game already. Nope.

Our focus right now is making sure absolutely all of the potential issues/bugs with base tournaments and rewards are 100% cleaned up before we introduce any form of more serious competition.

I could come up with a better excuse in a heartbeat. Oh yeah you just want to make everything look shiny before you start doing anything… Not to mention that tournaments rewards aren’t working, again.

We’re also trying to make sure we’ve given enough time for the base strategies to develop, and for any skills/builds that are out of balance are identified. Once we’re totally convinced things are in a solid state, you’ll start seeing a roll out of major PvP esports features and we’ll get this thing going like crazy.

Yes makes sense. Because you can identify problems with the meta-game without actually properly playing the game. Because pro-teams will develop such refined strategies when they face pub/random groups 99% of the time and are not allowed to scrim against each other either. Makes perfect sense.

Take this opportunity now to learn your classes, learn your builds, lockdown strategies for your teams and get ready! Once we start rolling out the esports features, it’ll build up rapidly from there.

As it looks right now 75% of the community will be gone once you start “rolling out the esports features”.

Lol, okay, 75% of the community will be gone… nice one.

EVEN if that ever happened (it wouldn’t)… all you whining craving content hungry impatient heathens would be back the instant they announced new features.

Thief WvW Solo Roam Video

http://youtu.be/MHEU8oCFxrE

in PvP

Posted by: Rayzor.2548

Rayzor.2548

Yeah, because League of Legends launched with a ranking system and a spectator mode and… Oh wait!

in PvP

Nosfe.4062

Jeez dude, give it a break will ya?

Not every person playing GW2 has the time to play this game like you do. its not even been a month since release and you guys are already getting bored? if your “dead seriouse warning” is true, why not take the easy way out and do smth different (including RL) than “stomping 90% of the teams”.

I promise, youll look forward to GW2 when youve had a whole day of doing smth different than playing GW2

you made your point, and if we were talking about casual pve/leveling or some other stuff you would be right, but here’s the thing: considering a game as an “esport” ( as a company ) will always mean that you are trying to satisfy a small minority who spend most of their time practicing and trying to get better at the game, without this tools you are limiting that capability. The big teams should be able to face each others to practice properly so when the big tournaments arrive they can bring high quality matches for the viewers/casual players. At the current state of the game no team could say where are they at(in terms of skill level), because of the lack of encounters between the teams of renown, and the “free tournament practice” becomes obsolete when most of the time you are facing pugs. So whats left to do as a “trying-to-be” pro gamer? sadly, just sit tight and wait.

twitch.tv/nosfeh

in PvP

Posted by: uMad.5719

uMad.5719

Its weird how people seem to be forgetting theres nothing chaining them here while they wait for the new features to be implemented. You already paid for the game there are no subscription fees. If you are that miserable go play something else in the mean time.

Everyones kittening will LITERALLY not do anything. Its not going to make kitten some how magically happen right away. Stop acting like 8 year olds.

Honestly some of the MMO community is just deplorable. Complain when something is not here, then complain if there are bugs after its release because you wanted it right now. Then complain that they didnt better do bug fixes and didnt release it when its ready. All this is so aggravating to read. Soon companies will just stop making MMOs or games people want to play due to entitled kitten complaining every 2 seconds.

(edited by uMad.5719)

in PvP

Posted by: Farry.8259

Farry.8259

Please first make the combat more responisve.
1 example: On my Charr warrior (Axe mainhand – Warhorn off-hand), when I use my ability nr5, the casting takes about 2 seconds before the ability is activated. But after that it takes a nother second before I can use my other skills. All these small “pauses” between each attack makes me very uncomfortable playing GW2.

in PvP

Nosfe.4062

trust me, most of the balance you’ll be doing, will be after you release custom tournaments. Because there’s where the high tier builds and compositions will show up. In sc2 most of the balance patches comes when someone figure a build that just blow off most of the timings or styles in the game, and it takes time to figure a strategy like that.

twitch.tv/nosfeh

(edited by Nosfe.4062)

in PvP

Irishbrewed.6537

Its weird how people seem to be forgetting theres nothing chaining them here while they wait for the new features to be implemented. You already paid for the game there are no subscription fees. If you are that miserable go play something else in the mean time.

Everyones kittening will LITERALLY not do anything. Its not going to make kitten some how magically happen right away. Stop acting like 8 year olds.

Honestly some of the MMO community is just deplorable. Complain when something is not here, then complain if there are bugs after its release because you wanted it right now. Then complain that they didnt better do bug fixes and didnt release it when its ready. All this is so aggravating to read. Soon companies will just stop making MMOs or games people want to play due to entitled kitten complaining every 2 seconds.

You sir spoke my mind. Half the ppl clamoring about esport support have never been to an actual esport event, less alone competed. But the majority of GW2 fans aren’t complaining nor visiting this forum. It really is a minority.

in PvP

Posted by: Fuzion.7613

Fuzion.7613

Thank you for not releasing anything further until you have polished and fixed what is already out, many MMO’s make the mistake of releasing stuff before they fixed what was already out.

Keep up the good work.

Fuzion
Necro – Team U S A [USA]

in PvP

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

While I am happy about the acknowledgement of what is going on, its a little disconcerting that we are told a blog post will be up in a few days when I believe a week ago we got pretty much the exact same message from Chaplain himself, but still no blog post.

I would like to give you guys the benefit of the doubt but after how Trion strung PvPers along in Rift with future promises, words just aren’t good enough for me to believe game devs.

in PvP

Posted by: Ayraswag.3761

Ayraswag.3761

Tbh the time for a ladder or atleast some sort of ranking is now or maybe 1-2 weeks ago.
Most of my team mates/people i know from other e-sport teams/guilds are getting super bored.

So far i have played around 400 tourn games and maybe 10 of them were a challenge and 30 of them vs people who were in a premade group.
I love GW2 and i love the way a-net is doing things but the community does need some way to be competitive because it’s going to die out as soon as mists comes without legitimate competition for people to take part in.

Just my thoughts…

www.youtube.com/ayraswag

Best guardian universe (:

in PvP

Posted by: Qtin.6940

Qtin.6940

We’re also trying to make sure we’ve given enough time for the base strategies to develop, and for any skills/builds that are out of balance are identified.

:D

in PvP

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

What would be stopping you from coming back when the update comes out?
Remember, there’s no sub fee, you aren’t paying.

in PvP

Posted by: Spaghetti.3862

Spaghetti.3862

How much longer do you expect us to wait? A blog post isn’t going to do much for us a month after release, when nearly every problem sPvP related remains unfixed. Hell, even tournament chests are broken again.

Point is, we’re well past your “early time to develop strategies” since this game is pretty low-skill and shallow. No more excuses.

in PvP

Posted by: Kykeon.8572

Kykeon.8572

Some people need to find some hobbies and drop gaming a bit on their top priority list…go to the gym,get into cooking.Chill out and be patient,such processes are lengthy and quite tricky.How can you be “bored” with such a top game,have you tried WvW?I doubt.

Watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk

Kids these days….

in PvP

Posted by: Nyota.7062

Nyota.7062

You sure know how to tease…

Very soon, I’ll be posting blogs about the things we plan to do, so watch for those. You know our policy – we try not to make empty promises, and we try to tell you about things only when we feel they’re ready to be talked about.

(a week ago…)

But yeah, take your time with it. Noone would want rushed information/content.

Dolyak Engineer/Thief – Kodash (EU)

in PvP

Posted by: KaMiKaZe PiG.2590

KaMiKaZe PiG.2590

The people saying that “oh you just need to go outside more” don’t “get” esports and they don’t get serious gamers. I’m not a serious gamer, but guess what? Serious gamers drive esports. They make the strats you’ll try out. They make the builds you’ll try out. They make the YouTube videos you watch.

And those posters here are absolutely right: it’s beyond time for some kind of serious ranking system in GW2. This game was sold as a PvP game, and it’s currently very painful to try to play PvP at any reliable level. I know it’s harsh, but with every week there’s no decent elo-style system, you’re losing good players. Will they come back? Maybe. It’s free, so there’s that going for it, but momentum is a terrible thing to lose.

in PvP

Posted by: fiesta.3964

fiesta.3964

What about Paid Tournaments??? They were in during beta weekends and they shoulda been in at release!! So whats up with that?

Oh and btw, a blog post? really? Thats not going to change anything if you take another 1-2-3 months before implementing stuff that shoulda been in at release!!(not talking about spectator mode here, cuz i know it wasnt for release :P)

(edited by fiesta.3964)

in PvP

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

Most of the top E-Sport games did not become E-Sports within the first month or two.

LoL, HoN, Starcraft (the original probably wasn’t an E-Sport for years), WoW Arenas (if you can call it an E-Sport), etc.

You guys saying people will “jump ship” if GW2 doesn’t push E-Sports now are wrong. This isn’t a subscription game. There is nothing preventing teams from coming back. There is no gear grind to sPvP. You just log in and play. That’s as easy as MMO E-Sports get.

E-Sports in this day of age tend to be defined by what’s popular on Twitch and YouTube. As long as the casting and spectating tools are available, and the game has E-Sport features, E-Sports can thrive for GW2.

GW2 dropped off the front page of Twitch, but that’s not surprising considering it lacks proper E-Sport tools: ladders that are publicly viewable in-game and through a website, casting and spectator tools, etc. Dueling is also important. Dueling won’t increase Twitch viewers but it will attract more serious PvPers because a lot of people view dueling as an important training tool to understanding your opponent’s class mechanics.

An addendum: I think WvW has potential to become a highly-watched E-Sport if you were to give proper scoreboards and ladders that anyone can view in-game or on a website. Additionally make the WvW scores viewable on-screen without having to open a UI interface, so Twitch viewers can see the current score of the stream they’re watching. WvW currently fuels more competitive emotions than sPvP. It fits a niche no other game currently fits.

in PvP

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

What this game needs to enhance sPvP and take it from novelty to a strong reason people buy the game:

1.) Tournaments for the casuals (current system is all about the best of the best). You need some algorithms on the server to classify the hardcore players and keep them grouped away from the more casual types who want to Tournament (think NBA and NCAA). It’s not good enough to expect anything less than the best to be taken care of by private tournaments. That may work in other games, in GW2 90% of your base are PvE gamers who have day jobs and can’t commit the time to hardcore PvP play. If you pit them against those who do not play as often or at the same level will stand no chance.

2.) Free practice mode. Team Arena’s would be nice, but something better would be for players to select who is going to be on each 5 v 5 team and then select a map and go at it. eSport teams need to be able to have controlled practice environments and should not be charged for this.

in PvP

Gilgamesh.2561

Colin, I might add please make hot-join 5v5. It’s a heavily requested feature by the sPvP community. I realize you can solo-queue tournaments, but the possibility of ending up against a team ruins it.

Hot-join is what serious PvPers do when they’re bored and not doing tournaments, and generally speaking it would condition and further tournament interest if the format of hot-join was the same as tournaments.

in PvP

Posted by: Tinsa.2810

Tinsa.2810

Colin, this is wonderful news. Thanks for update and the good news!

in PvP

Posted by: Xahz.8406

Xahz.8406

You released a game pandering to PvP players with absolutely no competitive PvP content. Four maps (all 3-point conquest), no ranking system, no real tournaments system, no hub for competitive PvP, etc… And now you won’t even give us a timetable as to when we’re actually going to see what we paid money for.

For sPvP players right now there’s literally nothing to do. Grinding ranks is basically impossible after 30 since the glory requirement is more than all the other ranks put together. Paid tourneys give crap rewards and aren’t competitive in the slightest. Hot Join was boring a week after release.

Do whatever you want, but people aren’t going to wait. They’ll flock to MoP or League or whatever once the hype dies down, and you won’t get those players back when you decide to add content and balance the game a couple months down the line. Your game was built off hype, the only reason its popular beyond GW1 fans is because people are so disillusioned with basically every MMO since WoW.

(edited by Xahz.8406)

in PvP

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

They has taken a game that could have had a grat E-Sport future and could have built on what GW1 already had and instead they focused almost every effort on PVE and Zerg V Zerg (aka WvWVW)

sPVP has gotten the big green kitten shoved brutally into it.

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

If you’re still reading Colin. I understand you’re holding off on balance changes, but will there still be changes to traits overall? Such as weeding out more of the dull traits such as “5% more X”, and replaced with more traits such as “Chill on Blind” or “X skill now also does Y”?

in PvP

Posted by: Zyd.4352

Zyd.4352

You released a game pandering to PvP players with absolutely no competitive PvP content. Four maps (all 3-point conquest), no ranking system, no real tournaments system, no hub for competitive PvP, etc… And now you won’t even give us a timetable as to when we’re actually going to see what we paid money for.

For sPvP players right now there’s literally nothing to do. Grinding ranks is basically impossible after 30 since the glory requirement is more than all the other ranks put together. Paid tourneys give crap rewards and aren’t competitive in the slightest. Hot Join was boring a week after release.

Do whatever you want, but people aren’t going to wait. They’ll flock to MoP or League or whatever once the hype dies down, and you won’t get those players back when you decide to add content and balance the game a couple months down the line. Your game was built off hype, the only reason its popular beyond GW1 fans is because people are so disillusioned with basically every MMO since WoW.

Problem is, doing free tournaments is pointless in every aspect you can think of..
Practice = Can’t if you don’t get matched with people of your same level.
Grinding = Customization, not worth the grind to 100.
Learn = If you play the same amount that the people that BUYED this game for the eSport aspect or even the general sPvP aspect, you know that you’re capped until you get to compete against other teams.

ArenaNet doesn’t realize that because of them not adding party invite for hot-join, making it 8v8 and being free tournaments the only feature that lets you queue as a party is killing the PvP.

Balance comes after you get this features (ladder, custom matchs, spectator mode, etc), not before, you’re going to keep balancing the game always, but you won’t have the player base forever if they left the game and get hooked into something else cause the company failed to deliver something in the right moment, just because the game is free after you purchase it, doesn’t means that players are going to get back to play it.

Every game that focuses on being an eSports comes with almost all this features (and no, League of Legends it’s not an example, it never was designed to be a eSport), SC2, Dota 2, CSGO, they all have the basic tools from the start to make them an eSports. A lot of people purchased this game for the PvP and eSports aspect only, and you guys failed to deliver the most basic stuff, but we waited, and we are going to keep waiting, but not for too long.

Zyd – Zydness – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Gilgamesh.2561

They’ll flock to MoP or League or whatever once the hype dies down, and you won’t get those players back when you decide to add content and balance the game a couple months down the line.

Hyperbole much?

This game isn’t a month old.

Also, it’s really easy to jump into this game and sPvP. A lot easier than, say, grinding for weeks in WoW just so you can have decent gear to PvP in their “E-Sport” a la arenas.

You say people won’t come back to GW2? Who are you, the ambassador of E-Sports?

People will come back when they see Twitch streams and realize how the skill-cap and balance of high-level sPvP is beyond any other E-Sport capable MMO today.

All GW2 needs is ladders. E-Sport players are all about proving themselves. Once they see GW2 ladders and the Twitch streams and realize their name isn’t on the list, they’ll flock in numbers.

(edited by Gilgamesh.2561)

in PvP

Posted by: spellchekc.5409

spellchekc.5409

Looking forward to seeing all of these features. It will be a boon to the game to have similarly skilled players matched up appropriately, and being able to watch matches (hopefully with commentary or an announcer of some kind) will be entertaining and educational.

in PvP

Posted by: HDguildwarsTwo.7159

HDguildwarsTwo.7159

As a caster, thank you so much for support the GW2 eSports community needs =]

HDGW2 – sPvP Caster

in PvP

Posted by: ShRNA.4376

ShRNA.4376

Please just bring back the Random Arena/Team Arena structure in GW1. It is so much better than the Hot-join zerg fest /Free T premade pug stomp we have right now. And it should be easy enough to do so.

in PvP

Posted by: miracle.4216

miracle.4216

Please just bring back the Random Arena/Team Arena structure in GW1. It is so much better than the Hot-join zerg fest /Free T premade pug stomp we have right now. And it should be easy enough to do so.

Oh my god YES PLEASE /agree

-I can swallow the fact GW2 PvP is a pet/clone fest (This is a fundamental flaw devs implemented for whatever reason and will probably never be fixed. Whatever, I can “deal” with this flaw.)
-I can swallow the fact there is obvious class imbalance at the moment and a number of other bugs. (This will probably be fixed eventually.)

However, I simply cannot stand the cap/conquest mode. I despise it and never played Jade Quary because that’s just not my thing. Old school Guild Wars players know RA and HA is essentially what the game was founded on. I can’t believe TDM isn’t even an option at the moment.

I’ve reached rank 20 and I’ve found that once the allure of getting “sexier armor”(which still I’ve yet to unlock the ones I want) has ceased, that I practically have to force myself to play GW2 to grind away glory to god knows what level just to get it. I’m over it already. Conquest is so BORING, I’m not having fun along the way. It’s not what I nor many here consider to be real PvP. “Guild Wars 2” has become this forum for me now.

in PvP

Posted by: Clockwork.7964

Clockwork.7964

Lmao so many people raging about this, its coming guys, chill out.

Go outside, play some other games, it will come.

Not even a full month in and people are so upset about these features that weren’t even planned to be in at launch.

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

im disgusted by the amount of complaining in this thread, after Colin took a few minutes out his insane schedule to respond. game (and the esport scene) will do just fine without ya if u get bored by the time this rolls out. go play LoL i guess. take a break from GW2, because it seems it’s all youve been doing over the last 3 weeks.

the pvp offerings on release were more than generous. all profs (even some necro specs) are in a good shape, and will only get better. i cant believe how hungry everyone is! youre just devouring this game. good sign i guess.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

(edited by nerva.7940)

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

I’ve reached rank 20 and I’ve found that once the allure of getting “sexier armor”(which still I’ve yet to unlock the ones I want) has ceased, that I practically have to force myself to play GW2 to grind away glory to god knows what level just to get it. I’m over it already. Conquest is so BORING, I’m not having fun along the way. It’s not what I nor many here consider to be real PvP. “Guild Wars 2” has become this forum for me now.

this is so sad. i guess youre addicted or something? im almost rank 20 and i could play for another 20 ranks just on my guardian perfecting my builds and unlocking ill armor sets.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in PvP

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

These kind of responses will suffice. You don’t need to talk in details, yet, just let us know what you have generally planned.

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

Thanks for answer Colin, i think we have to wait for Chaplan´s blog post then.

But please keep in mind there is more levels of play and more different gamesr. while some still feel they need time, the hardcore ones allready killing every team they meat and they dont feel any competition or resistance.

In my opinion, we dont need e-sport immediatelly, but we need competition and matchmaking in order to get opponents of same level. Only this can make the game challenging and only from these games you can learn and improve your general gameplay or team tactic.

At this moment a lot of organized teams can´t improve.. as they are allready wining almost everything. I played whole night yesterday and i had one fight that was “challenging”. Rest just easy victory with like 200+ advantage.

in PvP

Posted by: hauskamies.9683

hauskamies.9683

Guess what people, this game doesn’t have a monthly fee. You are not required to play day and night while you wait for the features. LoL, which is now the biggest esport in the world, took a really long time to add all the necessary tools and it is doing “just fine”(unless we take into account the imbalances of that game but they are causing this by adding new champions all the time without properly fixing the older ones).

And Conquest is so much better than any kind of TDM. It actually requires communication, roles and teamwork. You need to have map awareness, know where enemies are and move around in an organized way. TDM would just be a big zergfest. No need for bunker builds, no need for roamers. Less variety, less skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

What’s with the “this game isn’t a month old” ever-popular line? It’s not like anyone is demanding that a 3 year old child performs a Michael Jordan slam dunk from the free throws line.

This game was in a long development process. They had WoW and other MMORPGs as examples – whether they want certain features or if they don’t. It seems to me that they were so obsessed to actually steer as far away as possible from anything that remotely resembles WoW that they neglected what’s gonna work, what’s gonna be good or bad.

Their motto was when it’s done. Now it’s supposed to be done. But then we get the “oh it’s still early” crap and the game is clearly not done. It feels like one huge unfinished tutorial for 9-year olds.

Maybe I should have paid 20$ for the game, and said “hey I’ll pay the rest later on, it hasn’t been a month yet”?

in PvP

Posted by: hauskamies.9683

hauskamies.9683

Maybe I should have paid 20$ for the game, and said “hey I’ll pay the rest later on, it hasn’t been a month yet”?

You also could’ve not bought the game. The information was out there on what was in the game and what was not. This game isn’t up to your standards? Vote with your wallet.

And ok, let’s speculate. What if they had taken three more months to make the features. The game would’ve released in November(with a very much working PvE side that would’ve been sitting on it’skitten for three months). Now, how does this differ from you taking a break and coming back in November when the features are there?