Leaderboards... for real this time

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

It should be completely obvious to any competitive gamer that it’s based off your ELO rating.

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

It’s not the number of wins that matter but the quality of those.

if 7 wins against top level teams puts you top 50 then their rating system is horrid.

Not really. 7 wins is consistent enough for the system to place the guy rather high in the ranking. I think Microsoft MMS in the XBox Live is confident about your ranking after 4-5 games already. This guy did 11 games.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

if 7 wins against top level teams puts you top 50 then their rating system is horrid.

Not really. 7 wins is consistent enough for the system to place the guy rather high in the ranking. I think Microsoft MMS in the XBox Live is confident about your ranking after 4-5 games already. This guy did 11 games.

but they if there is match making they wouldnt be playing the top rated teams unless there were only 2 teams queuing which is likely impossible.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

I can’t see any ELO. There are people in the Top 100 which have not played for more than a months. There are people with less than 20 games and a w/l ratio lower than 65% in the leaderboards. And the leaderboard is changing drastically. For example Awu was rank 23 when the website went online. Now he is rank 35..30 minutes later.

Sorry but there is really no pattern.

in PvP

Posted by: Apocalypthoss.7046

Apocalypthoss.7046

rank 100++++? wait, wait, wait, i guess it’s invisible, cause some random bug appeared!
Of course ANet will fix it in, wait two invisible weeks with some invisible DEV’s!

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

It doesn’t make any sense! HEAD SPLOSION

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

We need classes listed so I can see how many of these guys play ele

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

We need classes listed so I can see how many of these guys play ele

HA!

ZING!

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

in PvP

Posted by: brunohstein.9038

brunohstein.9038

That’s a really basic leaderboard. I was expecting more.

Can’t see my position and there is not even a filter by server.

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

“The PvP leaderboard is ordered by PvP rating. At this point, we’re not exposing the actual rating formula itself”

Hmkay might explain nothing ! ^^

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

just to add, since blizz actually shares their ranking system. Their K value is 32. So MAX you can gain for a win is 32 points assuming a massive rating differential. So if some leet team did a remake, it would take them 50+ wins (and this is assuming the most ideal matching ever and not hitting a near equal ranked team for almost every game) vs the top teams and 0 losses to get around 2700 and top 50 assuming top teams around 2800. Because the higher rank you get you wont be getting max 32 points anymore. This rating system is completely broken.

Can’t wait until they add rewards and the win trading starts since it appears to be extremely easy.

(edited by Sprawl.3891)

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

rank 100++++? wait, wait, wait, i guess it’s invisible, cause some random bug appeared!
Of course ANet will fix it in, wait two invisible weeks with some invisible DEV’s!

dude dont jump on the troll train cuz its not working for you, they said there would be just 100 players at first, so dont go that way.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

This don’t tell me anything, super inaccurate. I don’t know if its based off of your pvp rank, or what. The Wins and Loses don’t tell me anything because they don’t go off of them. Zoose is 12 wins 5 loses but hes ranked higher than people with more wins A LOT more.

I just played yesterday and won 11 games and lost 3 games, I should be higher ranking than Zoose.

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Who said ANet uses an basic ELO system? They already were using the Glicko-2 variant for WvW matching. The variant uses the same principles as XBox Live MM btw, and it is very fluid for the first few games of a new player to hasten his placement at the correct place.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

If “quality of wins” is a factor in ranking shouldn’t that be displayed on the leader board as well? It doesn’t make much sense to me to see #2 and #3 with more matches, more wins, and a higher win% than the #1 without some other kind of determining factor. Maybe adding something like “avg. opposition rank” or whatever it is that is being factored into the rankings but not displayed?

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: kaplis.7195

kaplis.7195

Yay, since i’m not on top 100 it’s useless for me now and for the next 2 months knowing ANet’s speed of implementing of things.

+ today i was matched against all 5 top 5 players as a pug while i’m not even on top 100. WTF?

(edited by kaplis.7195)

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

The <<decay>> system will effect the <<Rank>> or the hidden rating ?

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

Who said ANet uses an basic ELO system? They already were using the Glicko-2 variant for WvW matching. The variant uses the same principles as XBox Live MM btw, and it is very fluid for the first few games of a new player to hasten his placement at the correct place.

11 games is extremely low and the likelihood they would have been facing a top 5 team is extremely low unless match making is broken as well.

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

Well I am happy they are released, but all I see is a bunch of bull. Only players that know people to play with are on basically going to be higher ranked on this Leaderboard.

Can’t wait for ratings to be visible.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: mursie.3681

mursie.3681

I think this is a tremendous effort and I’m really glad to see they were able to achieve rankings that accounted for things like solo que’ers matches and ratings versus premade pug stomp matches and ratings. Overall great job!

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

I think this is a tremendous effort and I’m really glad to see they were able to achieve rankings that accounted for things like solo que’ers matches and ratings versus premade pug stomp matches and ratings. Overall great job!

lol

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

System must be bugged.

I also don’t care who are the first top 100 people, I want to know where I stand, and where my enemys are standing….

A week ago I played my first few matches since December, but ended up playing against one of the Top Rank 25 player.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: knight.8926

knight.8926

post their proffesion

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Just so you know, you have a bug on your leaderboards.

Click on Europe. Then it will give you a list. Click Next to view the next people past 25, and it will show you North America 26-50 and not Europe 26-50.

Quick question, how do some people have a thousand QP but on this leaderboard no one has a thousand wins?

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Posted by: Art.9367

Art.9367

I really hope that the core functions of the leaderboards will be up soon. I want to see ratings, classes, match history, personal position (rank) in relation to others, and all the sort of things you’d expect. Hopefully a dev will give us a little more details other than a “in the coming weeks/months” blanket statement. This is a step in the right direction, and I want ArenaNet to continue to alleviate the anxiety of waiting and wondering if and when we’ll see more developments with sPvP.

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

So they could have posted this a week ago, but they saw some bug and fixed it and did nothing to improve the leaderboard for the whole week. A lot of people seem downed about this leaderboard, and that’s because it don’t tell you jack squat except that some people got 7 wins and 4 loses Aeites.7469 49th place and you got people 46 wins 12 loses LightningBlaze.4913 96th place.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

in PvP

Posted by: WaffylesYay.9735

WaffylesYay.9735

Looks really solid. Can’t wait for the additional data. Glad it is true MMR and not just win/loss ratio.

http://www.twitch.tv/waffylesyay/
Someone said this was GvG – Pug -
Rizen From The Ashes -Ra-

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

We knew it wasn’t going to show rating, we knew it was going to start with top100…. They said this. Don’t cry now. Just hope they’ll expand on it soon.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

mursie.3681

So they could have posted this a week ago, but they saw some bug and fixed it and did nothing to improve the leaderboard for the whole week. A lot of people seem downed about this leaderboard, and that’s because it don’t tell you jack squat except that some people got 12 wins and 5 loses and are on the leaderboard (45th place)

you really need to stop trolling. The info on that board is almost overwhelming. I not only know your account name… but your last name character used… your wins and losses, a quick ratio on wins/losses in the forms of a percentage… and last but not least.. I know what server you play on. Do you realize how important that last part is? Let’s say that I’m in the mists and I wanted to see your toon. Until this leaderboard, I had no clue what mists you were in. Now I do. Which means I can now go and guest on your server and actually SEE you in the mists. This is huge. I’ll be able to learn what you do while idle… or how you practice your dmg on golems. Honestly, it’s ppl like you that never appreciate the monumental things others do.

Thx anet for bringing us quality. While all players ^^ may not appreciate your efforts..the vast majority of us do. I love you guys

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

This sarcastic post pretty much says it all. Also, can we get a clarification on whether dropping from a match effects your w-l because some of these percentages seem bogus to me or at least the high number of people winning over 80% of the time seems bogus.

in PvP

Posted by: Walorx.5129

Walorx.5129

So now that the top 100 players know where they stand, are you happy with how the rating system is at the moment? To be honest, I’m not sure how people are where they seem based on only the amount of wins/losses. Was hoping for more of a glicko system, but how do you all feel about the leaderboards now that they’ve finally arrived? Happy with how it turned out, or wish it could have been different?
~Vöz

Vöz – “Stand in the red circles, they heal you”
YOUTUBE.COM/VOZTACTICS

in PvP

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

So they could have posted this a week ago, but they saw some bug and fixed it and did nothing to improve the leaderboard for the whole week. A lot of people seem downed about this leaderboard, and that’s because it don’t tell you jack squat except that some people got 12 wins and 5 loses and are on the leaderboard (45th place)

you really need to stop trolling. The info on that board is almost overwhelming. I not only know your account name… but your last name character used… your wins and losses, a quick ratio on wins/losses in the forms of a percentage… and last but not least.. I know what server you play on. Do you realize how important that last part is? Let’s say that I’m in the mists and I wanted to see your toon. Until this leaderboard, I had no clue what mists you were in. Now I do. Which means I can now go and guest on your server and actually SEE you in the mists. This is huge. I’ll be able to learn what you do while idle… or how you practice your dmg on golems. Honestly, it’s ppl like you that never appreciate the monumental things others do.

Thx anet for bringing us quality. While all players ^^ may not appreciate your efforts..the vast majority of us do. I love you guys

7/10 mostly for infraction avoidance

This sarcastic post pretty much says it all. Also, can we get a clarification on whether dropping from a match effects your w-l because some of these percentages seem bogus to me or at least the high number of people winning over 80% of the time seems bogus.

not hard if you 100% play with a premade, but seriously? that’s pretty boring to do

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I think in this version PvP leaderbords are almost useless, but finally we have it and it’s a first step.

Split the queue and create a solo queue/duo leaderbords and team premade leaderbords, add the option to sort results for Country, Classes, other stats etc. you can do A LOT of this things in this way.

But FIRST, you need to split the queue and create separated leaderbords for solo queue/duo and team premade.

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Rank 38. I solo queue the most of any top player (I have the most losses of anyone on the leaderboard)

I think I should be higher but c’est la vie. At least I can take credit for davinci and sataar being lower than gasmask, lolol

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

mursie.3681

not hard if you 100% play with a premade, but seriously? that’s pretty boring to do

Umm.. I think playing 100% of the time with a premade is actually very hard to do. I’d say there is only about 100 ppl in the entire game that can currently even achieve that kind of game play format at all times. So, I really think you should re-evaluate your statements before making very broad and mostly unfounded generalizations!!!

Umm.. I think playing 100% of the time with a premade is actually very hard to do. I’d say there is only about 100 ppl in the entire game that can currently even achieve that kind of game play format at all times. So, I really think you should re-evaluate your statements before making very broad and mostly unfounded generalizations!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

fail I hope this is a joke there are guys with less than 15 matches if win % is all that matters it kind of screws the people that actually play spvp alot and que random. 90% of my matches a day are random que.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I don’t see the point in this especially with the way the matchmaking pits premades against solo queues. I also don’t get how people with barely any games played are even eligible

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Yeah, it’s going to be a lot about your premade team, shouldn’t be suprising.

Same with the guys with low wins. I’d assume they joined a premade with players that were already high ranked, got matched against high ranks, and got their wins there.

Again, more info would be appreciated, but this is a great start.

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

They are putting people in the rank based on a few things

Wins out of games played, win percentages, and pvp ranking points. Sadly we can’t see these pvp rank points. You are right though, someone with 11 games played being in 49th doesn’t make any sense to me personally. We’ll see how much it changes over time. I’d love to see how many rank points I have.

in PvP

Posted by: Ulalume.9584

Ulalume.9584

The info on that board is almost overwhelming. I not only know your account name… but your last name character used… your wins and losses, a quick ratio on wins/losses in the forms of a percentage… and last but not least.. I know what server you play on. Do you realize how important that last part is? Let’s say that I’m in the mists and I wanted to see your toon. Until this leaderboard, I had no clue what mists you were in. Now I do. Which means I can now go and guest on your server and actually SEE you in the mists. This is huge. I’ll be able to learn what you do while idle… or how you practice your dmg on golems. Honestly, it’s ppl like you that never appreciate the monumental things others do.

Beautiful post. I will so look for you in the Mists from now on. If things go well, I might even copy your dye scheme. Thank you ArenaNet!

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

So on the Achievement Leaderboards, how do you search to find your own name? I mean, I assume I’m in the thousands someplace and don’t want to go through hundreds of pages to find it.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

There would be a great benefit in making solo/duo queues seperate from trio-5man queues while taking into account the number of players solo/duo queueing with trio-4mans. Right now the system is flawed and punishes solo queuers (like myself) and punishes those players at the top who don’t solo queue but lose to solo queuers. This skews the leaderboards so they’re NOT legitimate.

I personally think that I ruined davinci and sataar’s chances at being at the top of the leaderboards because I beat them a lot recently in gasmask, shan’s and lily’s group. They deserve it wayyyy more than those three IMO. It’s a shame, really. The guys who worked the hardest at it got screwed over by the guys who just started playing hardcore again and picked a few games off the guys who should be at the top. While they DID end up beating the top players, having someone like me with a terrible ratio because I solo queue beat them just makes it far, far worse.

Your system is flawed a-net. Please address this quickly

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

sorry but if 7 wins against top level teams puts you top 50 then their rating system is horrid. Take WoW for example, you start at 1500 rating. Even if you played the #1 team and beat them over and over it would take you 50+ games to get top 50.

seriously. 7 Wins, 4 Losses.

I’m not sure you should use Wow rating system as an example as you clearly don’t know how it works.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1820952130

in PvP

Posted by: Think.8042

Think.8042

• The leaderboard use the wrong login URL (account-live.ncplatform.net instead of account.guildwars2.com) – phishing risk!
  • If I login, it just replaces the “login to view your stats” message with blank space instead of my stats.

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

There is something not right about this first you cant follow the file path to get to the page. Second its and external site to the site we are on. Third I’m not logged in on the link but am here. Fourth why wouldn’t they post it in pvp. If i were you guys I wouldn’t log in on his site you may lose your account.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

ok, leaderboards are up, not split the kitten solo from premades since solo queing and getting premades ALL THE TIME is getting boring.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: hrkljus.1243

hrkljus.1243

Random suggestion: If I select EU leaderboards can you show the update/next update time in GMT or CET?

Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Let me understand…if i go solo and i lose it counts the same as loosing with my premade? And winning with solo counts the same as winning with premade vs poor pug random guys? Or there’s some sort of hidden stuff that makes differences on those cases…? We’re going to see only premades here…and noone (including me) would never soloq again all afternoon waiting for his mates…is this a sort of an hidden hotjoin funnel? u.u

Byebye solo…it was fun while it lasted….now you can only play for win i guess…time of solofun is over..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

It seems legit though. It’s accurately updating games won/lost. I don’t know how anyone would get that info outside of a-net.

Although I really have no idea. If you’re afraid then you best just wait for a bit until a-net confirms it’s truly the leaderboards. Personally I think they are.