Leagues!

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

<3

Please be gud.

Edit: – Icon next to your name like the map completion star.
- Legendary backpiece linked to leagueplay.
- Different divisions (duh)

Edit2: Info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41ZMj4Iyi1U
Edit3: Article + vid (http://www.curse.com/news/guild-wars-2/50718-exclusive-gw2-announces-new-leagues-system)

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

(edited by butch.8136)

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Finally!…omg, finally a real reason to buy HoT ^^..now hoping for Druid to be what I hope but meanwhile, here take my money

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

weeps… who is joining me in bronze?

Leagues!

in PvP

butch.8136

It’s exciting. But they need to get a lot of things right.

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

We will be able to unlock new colors of Mini Llamas depending on our league color I can’t wait

HYPE

Ranger//Necro

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Operator.6523

Operator.6523

legendary backpiece is meh, where dem weapons at

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowrainer.8321

Shadowrainer.8321

Do we even have enough players to even support a healthy league system? xD

This is probably going to end up as a fail lol

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

There will be an influx with the expansion, although retention is a different thing.

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Leagues!

in PvP

Shadowrainer.8321

It’s not just the playerbase, I also presume they are going to keep the existing que system.

So I could que solo in my league, and get smashed by a premade? So I go down in my league because of it? That’s still going to be a problem. :/

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Two years ago I’d have been all over this. We were discussing this being in the game over two years ago.

ArenaNet, you guys dropped the ball.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Leagues!

in PvP

butch.8136

Two years ago I’d have been all over this. We were discussing this being in the game over two years ago.

Hey, we can kitten all we want. It should have been in game since launch.
Lets just hope it’s a good system.

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

I like the badge of your division next to your name, thats awesome!

I do wonder if ppl can also see your badge out of HoTM?
Any dev can respond?

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

Leagues!

in PvP

butch.8136

Any dev can respond?

Why not? It’ll be like the map completion star.

Anyway, more info will be released later today by Curse.

Leagues!

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Any dev can respond?

Why not? It’ll be like the map completion star.

Anyway, more info will be released later today by Curse.

Didnt they say blog will be Monday? :o

And who’s Curse? xD

Leagues!

in PvP

butch.8136

Blog on monday.
Some info by Curse Gaming. (an organisation)

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

Badges and titles makes me hyped!

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

And who’s Curse? xD

That’s a joke right?

Well, in case you were not sarcastic; Curse. is an important company when it comes to sponsorships, time and dedication for games. They used to sponsor a team within GW2 but it got disbanded a long time ago – and most assumed the competitive scene got destroyed by that.

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Leagues!

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

And who’s Curse? xD

That’s a joke right?

Well, in case you were not sarcastic; Curse. is an important company when it comes to sponsorships, time and dedication for games. They used to sponsor a team within GW2 but it got disbanded a long time ago – and most assumed the competitive scene got destroyed by that.

Well I thought Curse was a certain person, never know they meant the company..

And yes, I remember Team Curse, VoTF, CC…
Never knew they meant that “Curse”

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

hmmm we might see curse voice integration then

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Leagues!

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

That would be godly.. If that’s true, I can cry of joy
I think its also necessary with the leagues..

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

i cant see any other reason for them to be involved with curse

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Leagues will not be good unless they fix the matchmaking. 5 man pug vs 5 man premade matchups will ruin it all.

Leagues!

in PvP

butch.8136

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Crying about that won’t change the reality.

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I was sure they were working on it after 2 test seasons pvp.

We’ll wait for the mondey blog but i hope also 2 other issues will be fixed with HoT

1) Queue time only in the Mist
2) Not grind Leaderboard/League.

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

And will still be using the same queue for solo and party pvp…

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Hopefully this means there will be a new matchmaking system. The current one is a fail and so its needed if they want a successful league.

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

I wanna be in the weakest league!

Tour

Leagues!

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

i cant see any other reason for them to be involved with curse

They didnt mention it in their Curse Announcement though.
However, they did announce couple of other things!

Leagues!

in PvP

butch.8136

It all depends on queue changes.
Will guilds farm the queue like it is now? Then guild team LB’s mean nothing.
Will there be hard limit on opponents based on division? Only legendary against legendary?
What’s being done against farming? I could just get 2 other guys and sell the other two spots to let them progress through the tiers/pips.

It all comes down to the queues.
Reward skill over time. Make it happen!

Leagues!

in PvP

Shadowrainer.8321

We all know this is likely to end up working so poorly. Which will cause it to be scrapped, remade, and reintroduced 2 more times through HoTs life.

Then in expac 2 they introduce another PvP infrastructure.

I don’t want to be ‘that guy’ but I think we’ve seen enough on how the devlopment side of PvP operates.

Please prove me wrong anet, can you fix it once and for all? Please?

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I really don’t understand Arena Net. Why this over actually doing something for sPvP like adding more maps, better Reward Tracks with exclusive items, or splitting the game modes to let players pick their style of PvP.

Things that have been requested for 3-years are ignored in favor of yet another ‘system’ that’s probably going to have little-to-no long term effect in player retention outside of those already dedicated to PvP.

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Ristillath.6745

Ristillath.6745

I really don’t understand Arena Net. Why this over actually doing something for sPvP like adding more maps, better Reward Tracks with exclusive items, or splitting the game modes to let players pick their style of PvP.

Things that have been requested for 3-years are ignored in favor of yet another ‘system’ that’s probably going to have little-to-no long term effect in player retention outside of those already dedicated to PvP.

http://imgur.com/HDCzlix

Leagues!

in PvP

butch.8136

But no1 wants that.
We want a competitive infrastructure which rewards skill over time.

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

But no1 wants that.

Dont ever speak again , in behalf of the PvP community ….
Never again ….

Just like your old prediction that because of Hotjoins existed , ppl where turned off the PvP side ….. while in reality we had 200 +200 teams sign up for the Lama tournaments , while Hotjoin + 8v8 existed ….

Leagues!

in PvP

butch.8136

But no1 wants that.

Dont ever speak again , in behalf of the PvP community ….
Never again ….

Just like your old prediction that because of Hotjoins existed , ppl where turned off the PvP side ….. while in reality we had 200 +200 teams sign up for the Lama tournaments , while Hotjoin + 8v8 existed ….

I’ll do what I want. Thank you.
Especially if he concludes that his suggestions add more to PvP. Its more of the same. It didn’t and won’t work.

And wut? Hotjoin has caused a lot of problems in this game. Ofcourse people will sign up for the tournament for a near free mini….

So ye… Your point?

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

But no1 wants that.

I’d like to see just how wanted leagues really were within the community. I know there’s been a few threads about them over the years, but those threads dwarf the amount requesting new maps, better rewards, and splitting queues.

While leagues are cool, don’t get me wrong, they just aren’t going to change a whole lot in the long term.

Leagues!

in PvP

butch.8136

But no1 wants that.

I’d like to see just how wanted leagues really were within the community. I know there’s been a few threads about them over the years, but those threads dwarf the amount requesting new maps, better rewards, and splitting queues.

While leagues are cool, don’t get me wrong, they just aren’t going to change a whole lot in the long term.

Leagues require splitting queues. Otherwise they’ll be a failure. I said that a few comments higher.
Leagues also always come with a reward structure that rewards skill over time. That’s almost a given.

So yeah, those two things are included in leagues if they get it right.

New maps are just fluff. Doesn’t add much longevity. It’s fun for a while but thats it.

New gamemodes? Cool also, I dont mind that much. But they are dangerous for your game, especially if you envision esports/competitive game (Anets words for 3 years).
Why dangerous? Splits your resources, your focus and more importantly your playerbase. Which can make it detrimental to PvP overall.
Even a game as big as LoL adds new gamemodes in a temporary fashion.

Anyway, we’re getting off-topic. It’s about leagues.

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

This is a huge step in the right direction! If you are a naysayer, shut up! Anet is finally doing something right and we all need to bask in this rare moment of glory without any negativity! What I want to know is, will the rewards, titles, badges, and anything else that comes with the league system be available to people who did not purchase HoT?

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Ironcloud.3892

Ironcloud.3892

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m sort of under the impression that leagues are essentially just improved reward tracks that lean more towards skill>time. It seems like something completely separate from mmr, or is the idea that the divisions are meant to accurately represent your skill level (as a replacement for the lb)? Regardless, finally having an incentive to win is great.

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Anything that gives a feeling of progression in PvP is by default better than what we have now.

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

I’ll do what I want. Thank you.
Especially if he concludes that his suggestions add more to PvP. Its more of the same. It didn’t and won’t work.

And wut? Hotjoin has caused a lot of problems in this game. Ofcourse people will sign up for the tournament for a near free mini….

So ye… Your point?

Dude really you broke my heart when you reported my post and now i have 3600sec between posts ….
I thought we where trading some e-sport drama punches at each other …..

I thought we where having some conversation about our pasts …..
About:
a) Insisting the removal of Hotjoin for soloque (hense some signatures)
b) 3 days are after the Implantation of Soloque , the sameperson asked the removal of Hotjoin for an Unranked Mode
c) And now having the coversation about splitting the community too much , is bad
thing :P

I expected much from a old GW1 player …
Btw how ‘’War Mach…..ette’’ from the GW1 GvG scene is doing ?
I heard they where top dogs in GW1 for 7 years , but based on their (Human-Warrior Sword/Shield +2handed Hammer) Leader they flamed this game as a ‘’Anti-Meele game’’ and they left at lauch :P

Maybe we should ask them how to make an e-sport game :P
Or ask them if they wish to keep powercreeping other classes and let their specs unerfed :P
Listening to other ppl or companies about what is ’’Right’’ , and not calculate that different games have different audience , will shine any game ……….

Maybe we will have a contest of your Predictions in the future , vs my whine-fortune tellings as a person devoted to the goddess of agriculture :P

Or you know …… dont mess with some areas you dont belong and their opinion they are offering ………..

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Poliator.7021

Poliator.7021

I wanted to drop a comment here, seeing all these “Solo being farmed” comments. Remember that although the current queue system isn’t by any means perfect, we are talking about Ranked play. They made the points system in a manner that, even losing you still get points/don’t lose any, which translates into rewards.

I guess this will be translated accordingly to the Leagues. This means that, although matchmaking can be unfair sometimes, you can still get rewarded when losing. So, as unfun as it’s losing, let’s not lose our heads because we will still progress.

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow Dragon Ad.2409

Shadow Dragon Ad.2409

I wanted to drop a comment here, seeing all these “Solo being farmed” comments. Remember that although the current queue system isn’t by any means perfect, we are talking about Ranked play. They made the points system in a manner that, even losing you still get points/don’t lose any, which translates into rewards.

The issue is that at the higher levels you are losing pips and tiers (though not divisions) and the simple fact is, the higher ranked you are the more competitively minded you’re likely to be. Also the higher ranked you are the more likely you are to want to have a good match and actually fair competition (i.e. not a stomp) however you’re not going to get that because you might run into premades (something solo queue removes completely). This is further compounded because premades are more likely to be higher ranked in general and the higher ranked you are the more important communication becomes.

Essentially getting through the Legend division as a solo player will be a nightmare because you’re more likely to run into good premades and premades have even more of an inherent advantage at that level, imo at least.

Shadowplasm – Thief
Daphne Laureola – Necromancer

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Poliator.7021

Poliator.7021

The issue is that at the higher levels you are losing pips and tiers (though not divisions) and the simple fact is, the higher ranked you are the more competitively minded you’re likely to be. Also the higher ranked you are the more likely you are to want to have a good match and actually fair competition (i.e. not a stomp) however you’re not going to get that because you might run into premades (something solo queue removes completely). This is further compounded because premades are more likely to be higher ranked in general and the higher ranked you are the more important communication becomes.

Essentially getting through the Legend division as a solo player will be a nightmare because you’re more likely to run into good premades and premades have even more of an inherent advantage at that level, imo at least.

I can’t disagree with that. It will indeed be hard to get into Legendary League, but as you said, you can’t drop out of it. I wonder how everything will end up being. I’d say it won’t be as rough as it sounds.

Let’s hope the community grows much larger (supposedly thanks to competition and rewards added via this League system) and that they stay, so ANet tries in the end to bring Solo Queue back! This is in the end great news right?

Leagues!

in PvP

butch.8136

Snip

Don’t really understand what you’re trying to say. So we’ll leave it at that.

Edit: a word

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

So one of the league’s name is Amber Division. I think the name’s too gory, and it might put off some new players. Amber = dried sap of a tree, sap of a tree = blood of the tree. That’s like saying you’re in dried blood league. I propose changing the name of Amber League, I suggest renaming it to Wood League, which is more appropriate, since wood is sturdy and used in a variety of things.

Another change that would be nice is the arrangement of the gems league. Right now it’s Emerald League, Sapphire League, Ruby League, Diamond League, then finally Legend League. Since I like Pokemon Blue the most, and Red the least, I suggest rearranging it instead to Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Black Lion Gems, then Legends League.

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Funny how an indie game already has leagues, leaderboards and matchmaking as part of the core game, I won’t mention the name but it is not hard to guess and yet anet struggles to even implement something competitve, two years for leagues better be good.

Leagues!

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

I am glad that it is an infrastructure improvement, and hopefully this solves the leaderboard void.

Still we need queuing freedom to return. But I did not expect that to be announced on such a stage, because that would be admitting that they (ANet) were wrong (plus it isn’t a new feature to advert). Maybe some day they will ninja patch it back in. Until then, enjoying the frequent 4v5 matches that you sought to prevent…

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]