Legend Player Can't Make It Out Of MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Top tier players simply don’t want it to exist because if it is actually properly fixed then next season these players wont have as easy of a time.

You’re being unfair here. Many top tier players that actually bothered to address the issue agree that there are problems. If it get fixed they will still win and progress, do not fear, but their matches will become more enjoyable. I doubt it’s much fun to get blowout after blowout if what you are after is challenge.

Most of those that try to deny the problems are either whiteknights that always defend Anet, or, more often, people that got carried high above their skill level.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

So, clearly we have an issue with matchmaking. Clearly people want the issue resolved.

What is not clear is how that is to be done? Just saying “remove MMR” doesn’t cut it, because there needs to be something to fill that shoe — otherwise matchmaking would be pure chaos.

So, my question is:

How do you propose A-net should build their matchmaking system?

uhmm isn’t the div system a replacement? .. you win you move up , you lose you don’t. pretty simple.

Wouldn’t that be akin to a delayed reward track? Considering it is not degradable.

Make teams and matches both solely on tier and pips….

This seems so simple and problem-less that I can’t help but feel there is a problem somewhere, haha.

Can anyone see anything that could go wrong with this?

Edit: I suppose one thing could be increased queue times. Maybe.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: kit miller.5806

kit miller.5806

Thank you for this post with screen shots !!!! I am in MMR hell and it is awful … makes me want to quit …it is so frustrating !!!!

Friends don’t even want to queue with me because of my MMR and I don’t blame them

Trixy Lorane/Spanky Pigtails/Vitra Fast Fingers
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] Veteran
Northern Shiverpeaks

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

So, clearly we have an issue with matchmaking. Clearly people want the issue resolved.

What is not clear is how that is to be done? Just saying “remove MMR” doesn’t cut it, because there needs to be something to fill that shoe — otherwise matchmaking would be pure chaos.

So, my question is:

uhmm isn’t the div system a replacement? .. you win you move up , you lose you don’t. pretty simple.

Wouldn’t that be akin to a delayed reward track? Considering it is not degradable.

in Ruby + you can lose everything. Heck just make it so you can lose divs from amber to legend . nice and simple you will arrive at your skill level when you get 50% win rate.

in PvP

Posted by: foogison.5067

foogison.5067

I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that people are still arguing about whether or not MMR hell exists or not. It’s ridiculously obvious to me.

Top tier players simply don’t want it to exist because if it is actually properly fixed then next season these players wont have as easy of a time.

Feel free to provide me with an account in “MMR hell”. I will stream the results and you can all watch me get Legend within 24 hours.

I’d thoroughly enjoy hearing the backpedaling and excuses as to why that “doesn’t prove anything” so people can cling to the hope that they aren’t awful.

Cool it boss, you’re not gonna get my acc. info

in PvP

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

From ruby MMR hell is real, but if you can’t get out of emerald or sapphire, that means you’re a trash, really, with honesty! How in earth some ppl can’t win 3 ina row? or 4 in a row? For me it is unreal when I see players saying that’s not their fault they can’t get out of those divisions!

well even in the lower tiers its a struggle to win3 in a row when your MMR is in the pits and u are teamed with 4 other bad players afker’s trolls etc every single time, then yes you can get stuck in emerald and sapphire even if your skill improves MMRHell exists in emerald and sapphire as well absolutely and I am not trash

in PvP

Posted by: foogison.5067

foogison.5067

You’re being unfair here. Many top tier players that actually bothered to address the issue agree that there are problems. If it get fixed they will still win and progress, do not fear, but their matches will become more enjoyable. I doubt it’s much fun to get blowout after blowout if what you are after is challenge.

Most of those that try to deny the problems are either whiteknights that always defend Anet, or, more often, people that got carried high above their skill level.

I agree. Many of the top players do sympathize with the average player base, however I don’t think that group of players is enough to form a vast majority.

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that people are still arguing about whether or not MMR hell exists or not. It’s ridiculously obvious to me.

Use common sense here: look at you teammates, do they play the same as you? Look at all these “top players” streaming, do their teammates play the same as them?

When you see some ESL player streaming from a brand new alt acc with a fresh MMR of 1 (which can be argued as above average) and they start going at it, the players they are paired with get closer and closer to their level as they proceed – Hence this absolutely DOES NOT disprove MMR hell.

When you see a GOOD player streaming who claims they are stuck in MMR hell, look at their teammates, look at what their teammates do, it is so obvious to me. When you see someone winning 1v2s while they have 2 teammates capping home at the start of a game, or you see the same person constantly running far and dying the whole match… It’s just so obvious.

I’m disappointed in the community on this issue.

The only way an ESL player will prove it to me that they can pull out of MMR hell, is if they make an alt char and deliberately tank the mmr to a substantially low mmr (presumably something around a 47% win/loss ratio) and THEN start streaming their crawl back to the top. Then we can really see how hard it really is, and we can also see how frustrating an experience it is for them.

Until then, they just need to be quiet and more humble.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Use common sense here: look at you teammates, do they play the same as you? Look at all these “top players” streaming, do their teammates play the same as them?

When you see some ESL player streaming from a brand new alt acc with a fresh MMR of 1 (which can be argued as above average) and they start going at it, the players they are paired with get closer and closer to their level as they proceed – Hence this absolutely DOES NOT disprove MMR hell.

When you see a GOOD player streaming who claims they are stuck in MMR hell, look at their teammates, look at what their teammates do, it is so obvious to me. When you see someone winning 1v2s while they have 2 teammates capping home at the start of a game, or you see the same person constantly running far and dying the whole match… It’s just so obvious.

The only way an ESL player will prove it to me that they can pull out of MMR hell, is if they make an alt char and deliberately tank the mmr to a substantially low mmr (presumably something around a 47% win/loss ratio) and THEN start streaming their crawl back to the top. Then we can really see how hard it really is, and we can also see how frustrating an experience it is for them.

people already did that

in PvP

Eater of Peeps.9062

From ruby MMR hell is real, but if you can’t get out of emerald or sapphire, that means you’re a trash, really, with honesty! How in earth some ppl can’t win 3 ina row? or 4 in a row? For me it is unreal when I see players saying that’s not their fault they can’t get out of those divisions!

You obviously didn’t play days 1 and 2 of season 2 solo q for 10-12 hrs ea day and get unlucky. I got trounced on day 1 by pro leagues blasting thru and afkers who thought seas 2 was the same as seas 1 and brand new players on free alt accts with vanilla builds and completely clueless about strategy.

If I am “trash” player how did I make it up to ruby? Wth – more of the sos. And believe me, it was not fun carving up out of emerald to ruby w. a low mmr. How did I have a 54% win/loss ratio at beginning of seas 2 but now its below 45%? How does that happen – really? I got that much worse in seas 2 than in 1 – and how am I ruby now, if I am a “trash” emerald player where I belonged. Wth, more rudeness and cluelessness.

Also, is the OP who is legendary really just a “trash” ruby player or is he a great legendary player? Why couldn’t he/she get out of mmr hell on his account, yet breeze to legend on his alt acct? How do u explain this = and is he garbage or not?

Really, what u r seeing is the same thing I saw immediately – ppl get stuck and they get stuck at different levels – and while it can have something to do with their personal skill, and may in fact be 100% due to their personal skill, it can also, just as easily be due to other factors besides their personal skill, and have 0% to do with their personal skill (as evidenced by OP’s “proof”).

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

people already did that

No.

in PvP

Eater of Peeps.9062

people already did that

No one has tanked their mmr/win/loss ratio and then streamed it. No one has shown a win loss ratio of about 47/48% and then moved up. Losing 15 games does not create low mmr and does not even necessarily start the loss train. They need to tank it good – 40 or 50 straight losses, 100% solo que with no exploits, and then some more either losses consecutively or intermittently. Then stream the ladder climb. They can do it just as an experiment (though the poor people they play with!) and see what happens and how fun an experience it is.

But no one has done this thus far. No one. And saying they have just makes it seem like what people are saying isn’t true, which it is. Someone needs to do it. Really lose hard. Just do it and prove it. And incidentally, even if one pro player is successful at doing it, which I doubt they will be without a lot of time and aggravation and frustration, how many other players (especially those average ruby or diamond players who presumably make up the bulk of the pvp player base) will be able to replicate it without giving up or quitting altogether. And why should they have to – they actually have to work harder at playing then if they caught the win train. Fair, I think not.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

people already did that

No one has tanked their mmr/win/loss ratio and then streamed it. No one has shown a win loss ratio of about 47/48% and then moved up. Losing 15 games does not create low mmr and does not even necessarily start the loss train. They need to tank it good – 40 or 50 straight losses, 100% solo que with no exploits, and then some more either losses consecutively or intermittently. Then stream the ladder climb. They can do it just as an experiment (though the poor people they play with!) and see what happens and how fun an experience it is.

But no one has done this thus far. No one. And saying they have just makes it seem like what people are saying isn’t true, which it is. Someone needs to do it. Really lose hard. Just do it and prove it. And incidentally, even if one pro player is successful at doing it, which I doubt they will be without a lot of time and aggravation and frustration, how many other players (especially those average ruby or diamond players who presumably make up the bulk of the pvp player base) will be able to replicate it without giving up or quitting altogether. And why should they have to – they actually have to work harder at playing then if they caught the win train. Fair, I think not.

the win train seriously don’t bring people that far away from average…why are people still kitten over it…it was kinda reasonable at the beginning, because it made all esl players on one side during low division, but now.. really?..

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

I agree there is a such thing as MMR Hell.

I also agree that last season was more beneficial to lower MMR players.

What I truly view as the problem is not enough players are playing this game and that is why MM is so hard to adjust for everyone.

My personal preference between the two is that season 2 > season 1 in terms of MM. Now I don’t agree its perfect at all, but its better than season 1 by miles.

Now moving forward I think some tweaking is needed, and I do not think a MMR reset is completely the answer. This is due to too few players queuing up for PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

I’ve made it to legendary, but I have to say I’m so disappointed that I want to cry; every were I see is a legendary thieve, who is lost on the map, dies a lot… How in earth these players are in legendary? I even saw legendary players against us full diamonds ( when I was diamond), and we won, they were super bad, and I don’t get it, they grind-grind-grind? Or they got a choo-choo train with winning strikes, got carried?!
This is a trend that you get legendary and after that you get out of the closet your thieve suit and go bouncing like a clown?

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

people already did that

No one has tanked their mmr/win/loss ratio and then streamed it. No one has shown a win loss ratio of about 47/48% and then moved up. Losing 15 games does not create low mmr and does not even necessarily start the loss train. They need to tank it good – 40 or 50 straight losses, 100% solo que with no exploits, and then some more either losses consecutively or intermittently. Then stream the ladder climb.

Lmao, what a joke. People have streamed all kinds of accounts to legendary. I have personally have already done a no-HoT f2p warrior.

Not good enough. We have to throw FIFTY games first. As in cause 200 other players to lose, intentionally. I don’t think I could lose 50 times if I were AFK, not to mention what a kitten move it would be to even try.

Ya’ll are grasping at straws looking for any excuse to avoid the obvious: you are not very good.

in PvP

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

people already did that

No one has tanked their mmr/win/loss ratio and then streamed it. No one has shown a win loss ratio of about 47/48% and then moved up. Losing 15 games does not create low mmr and does not even necessarily start the loss train. They need to tank it good – 40 or 50 straight losses, 100% solo que with no exploits, and then some more either losses consecutively or intermittently. Then stream the ladder climb.

Lmao, what a joke. People have streamed all kinds of accounts to legendary. I have personally have already done a no-HoT f2p warrior.

Not good enough. We have to throw FIFTY games first. As in cause 200 other players to lose, intentionally. I don’t think I could lose 50 times if I were AFK, not to mention what a kitten move it would be to even try.

Ya’ll are grasping at straws looking for any excuse to avoid the obvious: you are not very good.

f2p accounts have 50% mmr which is much higher win ratio then an account with a loss streak. So no its not grasping at straws, you need to lose about 50 times so you can simulate low MMR and the situation that creates. If you make a new F2p account and you win you will get good teamates and win streaks, this proves nothing. Did you even read my post?

getting into a situation where your MMR is low and you are on a loss streak is the most important factor to MMR hell, any other factor, such as streaming on a f2p account with a non meta build is almost irrelevant to this variable.

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

f2p accounts have 50% mmr which is much higher win ratio then an account with a loss streak. So no its not grasping at straws, you need to lose about 50 times so you can simulate low MMR and the situation that creates. If you make a new F2p account and you win you will get good teamates and win streaks, this proves nothing. Did you even read my post?

getting into a situation where your MMR is low and you are on a loss streak is the most important factor to MMR hell, any other factor, such as streaming on a f2p account with a non meta build is almost irrelevant to this variable.

Yeah, I read your post. I also read the part where you thought full capping far by yourself was a good way to carry a bad team.

I asked for an account in so-called MMR hell. Nobody wants to pony up. I’m not throwing 50 games and causing 200 teammates to lose. That’s the opposite of what I do.

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Yeah, I read your post. I also read the part where you thought full capping far by yourself was a good way to carry a bad team.

I asked for an account in so-called MMR hell. Nobody wants to pony up. I’m not throwing 50 games and causing 200 teammates to lose. That’s the opposite of what I do.

You realize we cannot share accounts, right? So how would you ever experience what we’re experiencing? Simply teaming with you would skew the match because matchmaking would never place you in the team. From a lower MMR perspective, the game experience you have had has been and will always be different from what others are having. More so if we play Stronghold and you do not.

For me, as I posted elsewhere, this season is nothing more than a “Snowflakes Paradise”. Where work and effort are not only meaningless, it’s detrimental. If I’m having a losing streak, I want to work and earn my way out of it, right then and there. Instead, in this system, I’m supposed to log and not play PvP for a few days. Yes, that’s an incredibly bad message to give players. Like right now, I should be playing but, not even logged in. After yesterdays 12 game tilt, there’s no way that I can.

GFG Anet… GFG

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

no one is going to share an account with you, and your basing your opinion about me based on one example i gave, wow. Pretty short sided You must be so much better than me, with me being in legendary and all.

You can’t carry when your teammates are afk at start or run into a 1v4 multiple times die instantly, then sit there afk at start and give up. Try winning with those variables… Take the time to lower your MMR so you can experience this yourself. I’m not impressed.

and good players lost a lot in amber when the season first started, and MMR and divisions weren’t part of the equation. I got in this situation with my alt account because i actually experimented with builds and subsequently lost to pro teams while experimenting in amber. So loss streaks can happen to anyone, even good players.

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

in PvP

Posted by: BthreeGroover.5018

BthreeGroover.5018

For anyone stuck in this scenario you have my sympathies, if you get to around 45% win ratio it completely ruins pvp and makes it unplayable and really NOT fun at all.

Thank you for posting this. The problem has been evident since the first week, imo. Last season I got to diamond mostly solo queue. This season I struggled mightily to get out of sapphire and now I’ve been stuck in the lower tiers of ruby for three weeks.

I’m not the best player, I know that. But I am good; I almost always have the highest score (yes I know personal score doesn’t matter but if you’re two or three times higher than everyone else, that says something), I understand how to play the game, where to be on the map, how to support my teammates, and I rarely lose a 1 v 1. Yet I am continually paired with teammates who obviously do not understand the game. My win/loss ratio was 54% going into Season 2. It is now 48% and tonight I lost five games in a row, games that were not even close. My teammates continually made extremely poor decisions, did not focus targets, kept running far to die, ignored buffs, etc.

I can not make any progress. I’ve gotten as high as tier 3 in Ruby. As soon as I do, the games get even worse; blow-outs, horrible team comps, no communication among players, and just downright stupid play.

I’ve teamed up with some really good players and they have experienced the horribleness of the match-ups that anet gives me. Most won’t play with me anymore, so I’m stuck soloing and hoping that my teammates are decent. More often than not, they are extremely mediocre or just plain bad. Even more of my friends have just quit playing.

Those that deny MMR Hell; it’s really easy to see it for yourself. Make an alt, tank the win/loss ratio purposely, and then try to get out. Do it.

As I’m typing this, someone in map chat is saying that they just hit Rank 20 in PVP and they lost their first game in ranked. They were on a 20 game win streak.

To deny the problem is simply ridiculous.

in PvP

Eater of Peeps.9062

people already did that

Taking a new char w. a 50/50 win/loss or 50%mmr is not the mmr hell ppl are talking about. The fact that you state what you state makes it perfectly obvious you don’t understand how the system works. And yes, I acknowledge the problems associated with tanking your mmr only to claw your way back up the top, and the hurt that would be involved to other players – however, unless a person does this, there is no other way (except believing them and empathizing with them – something you clearly won’t/don’t do – tho u should ask yourself y so many ppl r in here complaining so vociferously) to experience the unnecessary punishments the present system inflicts on ppl caught in a downward loss cycle. I don’t recommend anyone actually do it, but until someone does do it, all I can say is that the naysayers/trolls that constantly admonish that ppl caught on the loss train qq too much should just recognize that they don’t understand the severity of the problem and can’t imagine what it’s like until they actually experience it themselves and show it via streaming so ppl understand and get the proof they claim they so endlessly need. I would think that OP’s posts should prove the mmr hell is a very real thing and has little or nothing to do w/ personal skill.

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

The OP is absolutely onto something.

I’ve switched to alt account that I basically play on when I’m 100% down with my plays on w/e proffs I can dominate with. So I have no doubt my MMR is high on this acct.

The games I’ve played have been a joke, an absolute joke. Great for me, my win ratio is through the roof but I’ve been getting games where I win 501-186, 565 – 80, 502 – 145. These are just the last few games I played! I lose maybe once every 8 – 10 games.

It’s hilarious that were seeing some of the NA ESL players play their alt account by stomping the same players they stomped to make it through the first time around. Basically gaming the system again like season 1 with their alt account in amber teaming with higher division players. They know they can maintain a high enough MMR to get matched with equally good players. (ANet espurts rofl)

I mean I was tier 1 ruby on my alt, getting matched with 3 diamonds against a full ruby team. That’s just a joke.

Anet maybe thinks that lesser players will keep playing or that the number is infinite. But they absolutely are getting farmed and if you have an acct that has for w/e reason a low mmr, your going to spend a long time trying to pull your mmr up because the system absolutely is not helping you.

EDIT Added my alt accts SS winning streak, my main acct is so jelly. Ive actually posted a few different SS around the PvP forums. The winning streaks on my alt acct have been pretty constant.

Attachments:

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

(edited by SoPP.7034)

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Pass me the account info. I’ll get it out of “mmr hell” and into legendary for you.

Sure you will. If you’re so hot, do it. You can do it all by yourself. Just make an alt account. Deliberately tank the character – get the win/loss ratio at about 47% or lower – usually takes about 100 losses – you usually need a long consecutive streak to catch the loss bus. Now start streaming. Breeze your way to legendary from there. Do it. Prove it.

Or shut up.

Sorry I upset you. Pass me your info too and I’ll get you out of emerald.

in PvP

godsie.2864

can ppl please stop promoting handing over their acc info team up with them instead no one is going to nor should threaten their acc security and risk hack

in PvP

Posted by: Casta.5697

Casta.5697

This is yesterday and this is today. I can’t win today no matter what I say or do or try. I try to talk and post tatics in chat before the match. I swap professions as needed. There’s just nothing….
From T5 Ruby to T2 now …

Editing to add, my last match, I was even barked at by two players for being “rude” for swapping. Yes, you read that right, rude for swapping. And, it was a match of 5 Ruby’s vs 4 Ruby’s and a Sapphire. Guess which side I was on and which had the Sapphire? Yeah, I’m basically nothing more than cannon fodder. I’d love to let someone use my account and experience this. There’s just no words to describe it really.

Are you me? 2 days ago everything was going fine 9 wins out of 10 games. Slowly climbing ruby as I play only few games per day. So yesterday I log in and merely start my pvp session in the morning.. and what do you know? last 10 games 8 losses 2 wins(7 lost in a row) Went from Ruby t5 to t3. People I’m teamed up with aren’t just bad at pvp they literally have no understanding how pvp works, what are the rotations, they are snowballing mid and die 1 by 1, die to an animal, keep farming far and die repeatedly, refuse to swap professions when it’s obvious we gonna loose before the match even starts.

WTF happened? did I go from half decent pvper to utter kitten in one night while sleeping?

Have they tweaked matchmaking with Tuesday update? Seriously what is happening?

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Noone sane is going to give out account info to someone they don’t know personally. That’s a good way to lose that account.

And that’s even when ignoring that account sharing is forbidden by gw2 rules.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

godsie.2864

This is yesterday and this is today. I can’t win today no matter what I say or do or try. I try to talk and post tatics in chat before the match. I swap professions as needed. There’s just nothing….
From T5 Ruby to T2 now …

Editing to add, my last match, I was even barked at by two players for being “rude” for swapping. Yes, you read that right, rude for swapping. And, it was a match of 5 Ruby’s vs 4 Ruby’s and a Sapphire. Guess which side I was on and which had the Sapphire? Yeah, I’m basically nothing more than cannon fodder. I’d love to let someone use my account and experience this. There’s just no words to describe it really.

Are you me? 2 days ago everything was going fine 9 wins out of 10 games. Slowly climbing ruby as I play only few games per day. So yesterday I log in and merely start my pvp session in the morning.. and what do you know? last 10 games 8 losses 2 wins(7 lost in a row) Went from Ruby t5 to t3. People I’m teamed up with aren’t just bad at pvp they literally have no understanding how pvp works, what are the rotations, they are snowballing mid and die 1 by 1, die to an animal, keep farming far and die repeatedly, refuse to swap professions when it’s obvious we gonna loose before the match even starts.

WTF happened? did I go from half decent pvper to utter kitten in one night while sleeping?

welcome to season 2!

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Anet’s MMR……….. who knows what it thinks sometimes. In my experience, when you’re on a winning streak, DO NOT STOP ON PAIN OR DEATH. Seriously, cancel your date, txt your mum and tell her you’ll call tomorrow.

When you hit those losing streaks though, stop. Wait till the following days reset, before you try again. Even if you planned to have a 5hr marathon, don’t do it.

PS. I classify 3 games in a row as a losing streak.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

godsie.2864

Anet’s MMR……….. who knows what it thinks sometimes. In my experience, when you’re on a winning streak, DO NOT STOP ON PAIN OR DEATH. Seriously, cancel your date, txt your mum and tell her you’ll call tomorrow.

When you hit those losing streaks though, stop. Wait till the following days reset, before you try again. Even if you planned to have a 5hr marathon, don’t do it.

PS. I classify 3 games in a row as a losing streak.

well I have tried taking breaks until reset does not work – basically screwed whatever season was over long time ago for me

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Here’s a tip for anyone who thinks that they’re stuck in any sort of “MMR Hell” or w/e:

Play a high mobility, high spike DPS roaming class.

Here’s why: When you play a meta team fight class, you do great in even fights and even fights slightly against your favor. However, when you have teammates making bad rotations or not supporting you, then you’re at a big disadvantage.

With a roaming class, you can adapt to bad rotations and +1 fights to turn the tide or at least decap points if you have teammates charging into outnumbered fights. You can also quickly rotate to steal beast kills and such, which is a lot easier in games with lower skilled players.

Consider the Thief, Revenant, or to a lesser extent, Mesmer class (mesmer isn’t the roamer it used to be with the old power shatter builds shifted out of the meta, but it’s still not bad).

Think of it this way: Being an expert dog trainer is great when you’re paired up with dogs, but if you’re in a room full of cats, you’ll get a lot farther following the cats and reacting to what they are actually doing than trying to teach them to do what they should be doing.

in PvP

Posted by: Jack Daniels.5270

Jack Daniels.5270

MMR hell is no excuse for being less than ruby. You just need to get lucky and draw a good team 3-4 times in a row. I have usually 15-20 loss strikes, than i go 5-10 pips up in ruby than again 15-20 loss strikes, but that should be enough to go trough the lower divisions.

in PvP

Eater of Peeps.9062

Pass me the account info. I’ll get it out of “mmr hell” and into legendary for you.

Sure you will. If you’re so hot, do it. You can do it all by yourself. Just make an alt account. Deliberately tank the character – get the win/loss ratio at about 47% or lower – usually takes about 100 losses – you usually need a long consecutive streak to catch the loss bus. Now start streaming. Breeze your way to legendary from there. Do it. Prove it.

Or shut up.

You didn’t upset me. I’m in ruby. Why on earth would I pass my acct info to u? Just pair up w/ me and get me out of ruby. Or, make an alt acct yourself, tank it, and then stream the ride up. GL!

in PvP

Eater of Peeps.9062

MMR hell is no excuse for being less than ruby. You just need to get lucky and draw a good team 3-4 times in a row. I have usually 15-20 loss strikes, than i go 5-10 pips up in ruby than again 15-20 loss strikes, but that should be enough to go trough the lower divisions.

You obviously didn’t play day 1 of seas 2. If you did, you obviously caught the win gravy train.

in PvP

Eater of Peeps.9062

Here’s a tip for anyone who thinks that they’re stuck in any sort of “MMR Hell” or w/e:

Here’s why: When you play a meta team fight class, you do great in even fights and even fights slightly against your favor. However, when you have teammates making bad rotations or not supporting you, then you’re at a big disadvantage.

With a roaming class, you can adapt to bad rotations and +1 fights to turn the tide or at least decap points if you have teammates charging into outnumbered fights. You can also quickly rotate to steal beast kills and such, which is a lot easier in games with lower skilled players.

Consider the Thief, Revenant, or to a lesser extent, Mesmer class (mesmer isn’t the roamer it used to be with the old power shatter builds shifted out of the meta, but it’s still not bad).

Think of it this way: Being an expert dog trainer is great when you’re paired up with dogs, but if you’re in a room full of cats, you’ll get a lot farther following the cats and reacting to what they are actually doing than trying to teach them to do what they should be doing.

One of the classes I play routinely is meta rev. I also play meta reap and medi dh and meta ele. That’s all I play. Still stuck in mmr hell. Changing classes or skills or playing meta doesn’t help. Neither does “get gud.” Neither does pairing w/ pros (unless I can find a 4 man pro team to “carry” me at this point. You fail to realize the problem, and the extent of the prob. There is no easy fix to mmr hell.

in PvP

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/My-path-to-Legendary/first#post6058292

PROOF – you can make it out to legendary with a messed up start to the season.
This is with < 46% WIN/LOSS For the Season – so my MMR is way way messed up on my main account.

I can also upload all my match data for the entire seasons if you want with win/loss exact numbers/time of match / map.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

One of the classes I play routinely is meta rev. I also play meta reap and medi dh and meta ele. That’s all I play. Still stuck in mmr hell. Changing classes or skills or playing meta doesn’t help. Neither does “get gud.” Neither does pairing w/ pros (unless I can find a 4 man pro team to “carry” me at this point. You fail to realize the problem, and the extent of the prob. There is no easy fix to mmr hell.

Yea, I’m still not sold on that, but w/e. Even if there is an “MMR hell”, I really don’t think it’s happening to most of the people who say they’re going through it.

in PvP

godsie.2864

Yea, I’m still not sold on that, but w/e. Even if there is an “MMR hell”, I really don’t think it’s happening to most of the people who say they’re going through it.

Believe me it is

in PvP

godsie.2864

You obviously didn’t play day 1 of seas 2. If you did, you obviously caught the win gravy train.

absolutely agree day 1 of S2 finished my season no doubt

in PvP

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I didnt catch the win train on day 1 of S2 – you can check from the stats/info posted.
In fact I actually lost a lot of games to start with – it is possible to climb out of the MMR Hell – and get legendary !

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in PvP

Browrain.7346

Or shut up.

You didn’t upset me. I’m in ruby. Why on earth would I pass my acct info to u? Just pair up w/ me and get me out of ruby. Or, make an alt acct yourself, tank it, and then stream the ride up. GL!

Why would I team up with you to carry you out of ruby when the whole point is to show that getting to legendary can be done solo even with low mmr as long as you improve your game.

People need to stop making excuses and improve at the game. Coming to the forums and complaining about mmr hell is never going to help you.

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Or shut up.

Why would I team up with you to carry you out of ruby when the whole point is to show that getting to legendary can be done solo even with low mmr as long as you improve your game.

People need to stop making excuses and improve at the game. Coming to the forums and complaining about mmr hell is never going to help you.

I’m already legend, how am i supposed to “improve at the game” on my alt ruby account when i get teammates with downs syndrome?

Played 2 matched today, on my alt account, solo capped mid, won a 2v1 at mid and also won 2 other 1v1’s while capping home and supported others at initial mid fight and won that fight as well and also helped in various team fights on different nodes… still lost because the enemy team as a whole out rotated us and my team members were doing i dunno what while i was soloing 2 ppl.

regardless of what you say I am having to play at 120% to even remotely win a game in ruby, the amount of effort is 10x that of legend games, where as in legend if i play normally like not having to do 2v1 bullkitten to turn the match around, i can win because my team mates support me.

I played 5 games on my legend account today and won all 5 games – some were close but still won.

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Eater of Peeps.9062

Or shut up.

I play 10 hrs a day. I spend 20 mins a day on forums. Nuff said.

Getting to legend w. mmr hell is not doable, possibly impossible. Ur talking about getting to legend solo, and getting better as u rank up. That’s not what the rest of us r talking about or complaining about. MMR hell is a losing streak that can’t be broken, until it ruins ur mmr and tanks ur win/loss ratio and then u get matched w/ more kitten players against better opposition, and u lose more, and the cycle repeats endlessly. Real fun.

U know not what u r talking about, cuz ur talking sunny oranges when the rest of us r talking bad apples.

in PvP

Browrain.7346

Or shut up.

Getting to legend w. mmr hell is not doable, possibly impossible. Ur talking about getting to legend solo, and getting better as u rank up. That’s not what the rest of us r talking about or complaining about. MMR hell is a losing streak that can’t be broken, until it ruins ur mmr and tanks ur win/loss ratio and then u get matched w/ more kitten players against better opposition, and u lose more, and the cycle repeats endlessly. Real fun.

U know not what u r talking about, cuz ur talking sunny oranges when the rest of us r talking bad apples.

What are you basing these assumptions about mmr on? Did you get a quote from an Anet employee saying these things, or are you just taking them off the top of your head? It seems like the ladder. MMR is hidden, nobody knows what their mmr is. Even if you lose a bunch of games in a row, it doesn’t mean you have low mmr.

in PvP

Eater of Peeps.9062

Or shut up.

I’m already legend, how am i supposed to “improve at the game” on my alt ruby account when i get teammates with downs syndrome?

Played 2 matched today, on my alt account, solo capped mid, won a 2v1 at mid and also won 2 other 1v1’s while capping home and supported others at initial mid fight and won that fight as well and also helped in various team fights on different nodes… still lost because the enemy team as a whole out rotated us and my team members were doing i dunno what while i was soloing 2 ppl.

regardless of what you say I am having to play at 120% to even remotely win a game in ruby, the amount of effort is 10x that of legend games, where as in legend if i play normally like not having to do 2v1 bullkitten to turn the match around, i can win because my team mates support me.

I played 5 games on my legend account today and won all 5 games – some were close but still won.

U just need to get better at ruby, cuz rt now, in ruby, ur where u belong!

As for legendary, w/ 5 straight wins … well, idk, just play like the ruby player u r, and maybe you will lose! Get gud! Get a better build! Get a better class!

Wtf r these ppl talking about on here?

in PvP

Eater of Peeps.9062

Or shut up.

What are you basing these assumptions about mmr on? Did you get a quote from an Anet employee saying these things, or are you just taking them off the top of your head? It seems like the ladder. MMR is hidden, nobody knows what their mmr is. Even if you lose a bunch of games in a row, it doesn’t mean you have low mmr.

I don’t know what my mmr is. All I know is I am in a losing streak that basic math would indicate is not statistically possible unless the game is skewed for me to lose. And yes, anet devs have discussed the coding and many players have provided proof of how the calcs/coding work, and have provided proof that mmr hell is real.

Me thinks u doth protest too much my friend. Me thinks u got carried, and u think ur special, or else u r a snobby pro that thinks somehow the rest of us, whose game play has been ruined on gw pvp, are jealous or not as good or that our play time doesn’t matter. I’m mad, not cuz I cant have a stupid backpack, or be a pro (don’t think I’ll ever be that good!). I’m mad because all I do all day long is play w/ ppl who don’t know how to play, and after 14yrs of pvping on gw, I think I get how to play. Its not fun. Do you understand that? For the first time in all the years Ive been playing, the experience is hell – not fun.

Also, if all I do all day is play w/ kitten players, how do u think I’m supposed to get better, if the problem really is me? Which its not.

in PvP

godsie.2864

Or shut up.

I have improved since start of season – just not enough yet to carry teams

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

So, my question is:

Make teams and matches both solely on tier and pips….

+1

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

In legendary, more people are able to adapt to a teammate who is not necessarily performing to expectations. In ruby, this happens way less.

You have to understand this. You cannot just port legendary play style into ruby. It does not work a majority of the times.
The proof in this statement? I have taken ruby players into legendary, and they do not follow what is going on rotational wise.

So ruby rotations=/= legendary rotations

So I believe 100% that you can go to legendary, then on an alt account fail miserably. Because you are doing X when your team is doing Y.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

In legendary, more people are able to adapt to a teammate who is not necessarily performing to expectations. In ruby, this happens way less.

You have to understand this. You cannot just port legendary play style into ruby. It does not work a majority of the times.
The proof in this statement? I have taken ruby players into legendary, and they do not follow what is going on rotational wise.

So ruby rotations=/= legendary rotations

So I believe 100% that you can go to legendary, then on an alt account fail miserably. Because you are doing X when your team is doing Y.

I actually think this is the biggest thing that separates Legendary players from Diamond (and Ruby though with Ruby there are more factors).

I am far from the most skilled mechanical player, however I know how to cover up for my mechanical errors by making proper rotations. Now proper rotations aren’t covered in a set of given rules that anyone can set out for you, but are based on a number of factors.

I think another big thing besides rotation, though it does bleed into rotations, is know your win condition. Zoose said it well in his guide saying that you should know your win condition, but also know that it can change throughout a match. You have to be able to adapt to what is happening around you throughout a match and be flexible in how you approach it in order to maximize that window for the win condition.

A Diamond player knows their role and what their teammates role should be, a legend player knows this, but also knows the limits of their class and their teammates to an extent that allows them to exploit weaknesses in the other team while covering up your own weaknesses.

And yes I know these are all vague terms that lack real foundation, but its just my quick thoughts on the matter. I’m debating doing a few commentaries of recorded matches from legend queues (wins and losses though I might start out with losses) and just talking through thought process and how I approach the game (not saying that its the best or only way, but it is effective) in order to give some more concrete examples.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer