Legend Player Can't Make It Out Of MMR Hell

in PvP

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

So I just hit legendary rank today on my main account, I’ve prob played with a couple of you in diamond. Did it 100% solo q as a dragon hunter from amber to diamond and then necro from diamond to legend.

I have an alt account in which I play the exact same classes/builds as my main. I play on this account occasionally to test builds, and as such got a loss streak on my alt account of about 15+ at the very beginning of the tournament when I was in amber. My alt account is now ruby. Whenever I play on my alt account, I hardly win any games at all, mostly because my teammates are so horrible. The more I lose because of my teammates, the lower my MMR goes and the crappier teammates i get.

On my legend account I get good team support and make quite a lot of game saving plays as I am a good player. On my alt account those plays are wasted as team members do stupid things like not fighting on points, engaging in 1v4’s and not raising teammates, or my personal favorite, 1 goes home, 2 go mid and 2 go beast – gg.

This MMR is BS and as a solo q player it doesn’t even remotely reflect the skill level of the individual. When you get trapped in low MMR Hell it is nearly impossible if not impossible to get out of it with solo q. Once your win loss ratio drops below 50% you are screwed, you get afker’s trolls and even people in lower divisions, such as people who are in amber and emerald. -the enemy team is of course composed of full rubies.

In addition to this you get everyone that is considered a “bad Player” regardless of skill – trolls who throw matches, afkers, ppl who dont know how to play pvp at all + people with bad internet connections as well as people who don’t even own HOT and are playing vanilla builds

-I don’t know why as a paying customer of HoT that I should be pared with people who don’t even own the expansion pack and cannot even make any of the meta builds or be seriously competitive.

and don’t say form a team as a solution, as forming a team negates MMR and completely takes it out of the equation. I’m doing this to see how MMR works and its abysmal in soloq and needs to be completely reworked.

In addition to this when you get in low MMR you cannot even form a team as nobody wants to join with a player who has low MMR as it might lower theirs or ruin their win streak – Teams ALWAYS ask if you have a win streak or loss streak and they also ask you your win % ratio vs total games played, if they are serious.

For anyone stuck in this scenario you have my sympathies, if you get to around 45% win ratio it completely ruins pvp and makes it unplayable and really NOT fun at all.

Update – I played 6 matched on my legend account today 3/25 and won all 6 games, some of them were close but still won, all on my necro build.

I played 4 games on my alt account in ruby today all on my necro, and lost all 4 games in a row. In one of the games i won a 2v1 and 2 seperate 1v1’s resulting in me capping a node as well as solo capping mid, all in the same match and winning the initial mid fight. I still lost this same game, because my team was out rotated and I’m not sure what my team mates were doing at far or why they were fighting on the treb for 2 minutes straight or why one of the 2 dragon hunters on my team wouldn’t switch to necro or revenant or some other build besides 2 dragon hunters, especially when the enemy team deliberately re-rolled engi to counter them. This is just one example of many.

I am having to play 10x harder on my ruby account to even remotely have a chance of winning compared to playing on my legend account, and even that is not enough in most cases and most of my good plays are completely wasted as stated above.

Edit – added screenshots -
1st pic – my character
2nd pic – legend account stats
3rd pic – ruby alt account stats – playing same necro build on both accounts on the same day.

Attachments:

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

in PvP

Posted by: elixirtrip.5204

elixirtrip.5204

Any screenshots to prove your words regarding to accounts?

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

go ahead and add me, I’m in pvp lobby most of the time

Attachments:

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Pass me the account info. I’ll get it out of “mmr hell” and into legendary for you.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I don’t know why as a paying customer of HoT that I should be pared with people who don’t even own the expansion pack and cannot even make any of the meta builds or be seriously competitive.

When Anet decided against (the promised) elite specializations as “sidegrades” and made them OP compared to core specializations, they created this problem.

It either makes players quit the game (leading to longer queues) or torment players like you with their underpowered builds. And poor sales of HoT make this problem even worse.

in PvP

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

Pass me the account info. I’ll get it out of “mmr hell” and into legendary for you.

Why not just team up with OP instead of having his account info

(edited by godsie.2864)

in PvP

godsie.2864

@OP I am in exactly same situation as you describe and agree entirely
I am in sapphire MMRHell at the moment paying for mistakes I made at the start in Amber which tanked my MMR and I cannot escape even though I have shown improvement personally I get stuck with the same team players you describe and make it impossible to gain wins to even try and vaguely improve MMR. And teaming up does not seem to help as then you can get paired against full pre made teams

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

This is yesterday and this is today. I can’t win today no matter what I say or do or try. I try to talk and post tatics in chat before the match. I swap professions as needed. There’s just nothing….
From T5 Ruby to T2 now …

Editing to add, my last match, I was even barked at by two players for being “rude” for swapping. Yes, you read that right, rude for swapping. And, it was a match of 5 Ruby’s vs 4 Ruby’s and a Sapphire. Guess which side I was on and which had the Sapphire? Yeah, I’m basically nothing more than cannon fodder. I’d love to let someone use my account and experience this. There’s just no words to describe it really.

Attachments:

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in PvP

godsie.2864

This is yesterday and this is today. I can’t win today no matter what I say or do or try.
From T5 Ruby to T2 now …

That looks so familiar
Same for me

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

This is yesterday and this is today. I can’t win today no matter what I say or do or try.
From T5 Ruby to T2 now …

After 2 losses in a row you need to walk away.

If you HAVE to play you need to party up with players of your own skill level so you can get some wins.

in PvP

godsie.2864

From T5 Ruby to T2 now …

If you HAVE to play you need to party up with players of your own skill level so you can get some wins.

Have done both those tips – walked away for 24-48 hours – not worked MMR still the same also have tried teaming up but that’s a struggle too and then you open yourself to full pre made teams sometimes of much higher rank

end result still the same

in PvP

DeWolfe.2174

From T5 Ruby to T2 now …

Oh no, I just use my time in Q to cultivate my rage and research VooDoo. There’s certainly some folks that’s are going to get a whammy.

You have to be some seriously hateful folks to make a system like this.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Browrain.7346

Why not just team up with POP instead of having his account info

Because I don’t need to team up with anyone. I did it solo. My friend did it solo. Hell, half the people in my guild are diamond or legendary at this point. Most of them solo or duo q’d. But we must ALL be blessed to have great teammates every game and high mmr amirite?

in PvP

DeWolfe.2174

Because I don’t need to team up with anyone. I did it solo. My friend did it solo. Hell, half the people in my guild are diamond or legendary at this point. Most of them solo or duo q’d. But we must ALL be blessed to have great teammates every game and high mmr amirite?

What was your MMR before and how did you perform in Amber and Emerald? I have another account that has only been used in Custom Arena’s and I’m really tempted to go use it. Though if I did, and sailed to Diamond, I’d quit the game outright. Any system that could be so utterly hateful and bent, I could not support.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Browrain.7346

What was your MMR before and how did you perform in Amber and Emerald? I have another account that has only been used in Custom Arena’s and I’m really tempted to go use it. Though if I did, and sailed to Diamond, I’d quit the game outright. Any system that could be so utterly hateful and bent, I could not support.

There’s no way to know what your mmr is. It’s hidden.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Why are you running full traps? Taking some condi removals would help a ton im guessing, the traps are good for damage but dont provide as much support as dropping one or two for a couple meditations…

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Posted by: Gunlaugr.2716

Gunlaugr.2716

You lose games because of crappy teammates, which leads to a drop in your MMR that leads to even crappier teammates. This is what you claim.

According to what you say, it is not your fault that you lose the games. OK
By any stretch of imagination, if you keep dropping in MMR and get paired with more crappy teammates, you also face more crappy opponents. If it is not your fault that you lose these games, you should be able to tip the balance in favor of your team. That is how the system works. Or are you convinced that the system treats you in biased fashion and specifically provides YOU crappy teammates while the opposing team consists of better players?

This is a load of rotten cabbage, just like every other thread in this forum that complains about the imaginary concept of ‘’MMR hell’’.

in PvP

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

You lose games because of crappy teammates, which leads to a drop in your MMR that leads to even crappier teammates. This is what you claim.

By any stretch of imagination, if you keep dropping in MMR and get paired with more crappy teammates, you also face more crappy opponents. If it is not your fault that you lose these games, you should be able to tip the balance in favor of your team. That is how the system works. Or are you convinced that the system treats you in biased fashion and specifically provides YOU crappy teammates while the opposing team consists of better players?

This is a load of rotten cabbage, just like every other thread in this forum that complains about the imaginary concept of ‘’MMR hell’’.

With the mkitten of “Blowout” Screenshots on the forums. I would wholeheartedly say the latter. Being in diamond atm I’ve seen the exact same things, diamon players who trickle to points. Go into 1v3’s go to points where it shows multiple friendlies dead there, only to walk into 1v3’s.

So I’m inclined to believe him.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

By any stretch of imagination, if you keep dropping in MMR and get paired with more crappy teammates, you also face more crappy opponents.

That’s not how the system works. Out of the available players, the opponents of his own mmr are what he’s the least likely to face (because they will be matched as his allies)

If it is not your fault that you lose these games, you should be able to tip the balance in favor of your team. That is how the system works. Or are you convinced that the system treats you in biased fashion and specifically provides YOU crappy teammates while the opposing team consists of better players?

…yeah, that’s how the system works. It creates imbalanced matches.

Remember, your opponents are not matched according to skill/mmr. If you are in bottom 30%, you have 70% of getting opponents from the pool above you. And the players of your own mmr are first selected as your allies, so there’s even less chance of getting them as opponents. Especially within less populated divisions/outside of prime time.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

Lol that’s me standing next to you. I thought your name was hilarious because you were complaining.

I don’t know how many times this has to be repeated with the same evidence until people stop asking for proof. The devs explained how the system works and people are still trying to deny it. Dunning Kruger goes both ways.

(edited by SneakyTouchy.6043)

in PvP

DeWolfe.2174

By any stretch of imagination, if you keep dropping in MMR and get paired with more crappy teammates, you also face more crappy opponents.

See… THAT…. that right there is where you are mistaken. Matches are made with two teams and within each team are players of similar MMR. Though the MMR range is exclusive to the individual team only. The teams MMR is not taken into consideration for pairing against, only Pip range. So you can in fact have one team comprised of very high MMR facing off against another team of much lower MMR. That is the issue with this season and these lop sided streaks. That it is by design forcing lopsided matches to push high MMR players into Diamond and Legendary quickly. Though no consideration was given to all the other players that are being used as cannon fodder.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

So I just hit legendary rank today on my main account, I’ve prob played with a couple of you in diamond. Did it 100% solo q as a dragon hunter from amber to diamond and then necro from diamond to legend.

I have an alt account in which I play the exact same classes/builds as my main. I play on this account occasionally to test builds, *and as such got a loss streak on my alt account of about 15+ at the very beginning of the tournament when I was in amber. *My alt account is now ruby. Whenever I play on my alt account, I hardly win any games at all, mostly because my teammates are so horrible. The more I lose because of my teammates, the lower my MMR goes and the crappier teammates i get.

On my legend account I get good team support and make quite a lot of game saving plays as I am a good player. On my alt account those plays are wasted as team members do stupid things like not fighting on points, engaging in 1v4’s and not raising teammates, or my personal favorite, 1 goes home, 2 go mid and 2 go beast – gg.

This MMR is BS and as a solo q player it doesn’t even remotely reflect the skill level of the individual. When you get trapped in low MMR Hell it is nearly impossible if not impossible to get out of it with solo q. Once your win loss ratio drops below 50% you are screwed, you get afker’s trolls and even people in lower divisions, such as people who are in amber and emerald. the enemy team is of course composed of full rubies.

In addition to this you get everyone that is considered a “bad Player” regardless of skill – trolls who throw matches, afkers, ppl who dont know how to play pvp at all + people with bad internet connections as well as people who don’t even own HOT and are playing vanilla builds

-I don’t know why as a paying customer of HoT that I should be pared with people who don’t even own the expansion pack and cannot even make any of the meta builds or be seriously competitive.

and don’t say form a team as a solution, as forming a team negates MMR and completely takes it out of the equation. I’m doing this to see how MMR works and its abysmal in soloq and needs to be completely reworked.

In addition to this when you get in low MMR you cannot even form a team as nobody wants to join with a player who has low MMR as it might lower theirs or ruin their win streak – Teams ALWAYS ask if you have a win streak or loss streak and they also ask you your win % ratio vs total games played, if they are serious.

For anyone stuck in this scenario you have my sympathies, if you get to around 45% win ratio it completely ruins pvp and makes it unplayable and really NOT fun at all.

Well maybe they will listen to you since you are legendary?? Been there, never don’t that but my teammates did. Funny thing is experienced this from amber to ruby ( now ruby T5). So folks who claim that MMR hell doesn’t exist are either:

- Delusional
- don’t want to look at the data anew

Anyone who undertsand math, who knows that MMR wasn’t resettled last season, who understand the MM algorithm CAN’T SAY that MMR hell doesn’t exist.

in PvP

Posted by: Gunlaugr.2716

Gunlaugr.2716

See… THAT…. that right there is where you are mistaken. Matches are made with two teams and within each team are players of similar MMR. Though the MMR range is exclusive to the individual team only. The teams MMR is not taken into consideration for pairing against, only Pip range. So you can in fact have one team comprised of very high MMR facing off against another team of much lower MMR. That is the issue with this season and these lop sided streaks. That it is by design forcing lopsided matches to push high MMR players into Diamond and Legendary quickly. Though no consideration was given to all the other players that are being used as cannon fodder.

No, I am not mistaken. You are correct that teams are only matched against each other by pip-range, but you imply that pip-range does not reflect skill level. Are you saying that, on average, I will find an equal number of ‘’high mmr’’ players in amber tier 3 +/- 15 pips as in sapphire tier 4 +/-15 pips? If you don’t accept the notion that divisions reflect the average level of player skill in that division, then this discussion is pointless, of course.

The more time passes, the more the divisions reflect a particular range of MMR. There will be an accumulation of low MMR players in lower divisions. This also means, if you are losing games, you will, on average, face players of lower MMR. If for some reason you end up in this situation as a great player, you should be able to tip the balance in favor of your team.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Lol that’s me standing next to you. I thought your name was hilarious because you were complaining.

I don’t know how many times this has to be repeated with the same evidence until people stop asking for proof. The devs explained how the system works and people are still trying to deny it. Dunning Kruger goes both ways.

By the devs?? Who do you mean? The spvp dev tram posted on reddit that they were aware of the problem and already working on a something different ( I supposed) for S3? Which devs are you referring to, post a quote in this thread, and I’ll dumb it down for you.

in PvP

godsie.2864

I thought you were offering help to the OP not the other way round! I assumed you did not need any help

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I find it funny how the mmr hell deniers used to say well if you are stuck you must be bad. Now that player after player who made it into legend came out and say mmr hell exist , these people are still saying the same thing..
So let me get this straight, you are a bad player now if you point out mmr hell is real even if you make it into legend?… lol

in PvP

Posted by: elixirtrip.5204

elixirtrip.5204

I find it funny how the mmr hell deniers used to say well if you are stuck you must be bad. Now that player after player who made it into legend came out and say mmr hell exist , these people are still saying the same thing..
So let me get this straight, you are a bad player now if you point out mmr hell is real even if you make it into legend?… lol

I think they will say that it was fortuity, that u get to legend and still this is your place where you will serve for all your sins in hell that does not exist XD

in PvP

Posted by: LordOtto.2650

LordOtto.2650

Honestly, to get to legend is more doable then in season 1, it’s luck and grind based!
I have 26 pips in diamond, played with several legendary players, and still there are who doesn’t know the basics, or think normal, seriously I sometimes ask my self how in earth they are in legendary?! Yes, sure I saw good legendary players too, I have to admit, but the half is kitten trash!
I often solo, and often duo-trio, and still there is one person in the team, who can kitten all up, so no matter what you do 4, the opposite 5 is better….
I don’t care if ppl calling me toxic player, I flame all the trash players; why?! because you tell them what to do, and why, and they don’t listen, " they are smarter", so the hole team gets wiped out, then I rage, and I’m the toxic player!

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Can you provide a GW2 efficiency link for your alt? Or SSs of your wins/losses on your alt?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Can you provide a GW2 efficiency link for your alt? Or SSs of your wins/losses on your alt?

here’s screenshot of my alt in ruby – been playing mostly necro on it.

Attachments:

aka. “The Complainer”

(edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108)

in PvP

Posted by: Eater of Peeps.9062

Eater of Peeps.9062

Sure you will. If you’re so hot, do it. You can do it all by yourself. Just make an alt account. Deliberately tank the character – get the win/loss ratio at about 47% or lower – usually takes about 100 losses – you usually need a long consecutive streak to catch the loss bus. Now start streaming. Breeze your way to legendary from there. Do it. Prove it.

Or shut up.

in PvP

LordOtto.2650

My win rate is 5 win 3 loss, consecutive, in week-ends I don’t play anymore, the MMR hell is there..so I think I can get to legendary this way…
If you meet trash people 2 times consecutively, than stop playing, ‘cause they drag you more down, get a rest, go play 3 hours after.
I think of my self a kitten carry player, but when 1-2 player doesn’t even watch the map, or they forget the color they have, kitten happened, than you can’t do much…

(edited by LordOtto.2650)

in PvP

Eater of Peeps.9062

This reply is a load of rotten garbage. There is a MMR hell and you’ve obviously never gotten stuck in it. Is that cuz you’re so good? You can sway your team? Prove it. Do what I said above.

I was stuck on my main pvp character on the second day of seas 2. I got stuck in emerald tier 1. I got there from day 1 players thinking they should manipulate system by afking again, pro teams blowing through on ts, pre-mades okittenainst solo players, vanilla builds, brand new players who came on free accounts, dc’ers, and just plain noobs. I play a lot. I had a loss streak of about 100 give or take. Once I started losing (not realizing I should quit, cuz it was day 1 afterall), I just played harder and harder – no not grinding. I still lost. One good player, and sometimes even or 3 good players cannot turn a game.

The entire time I was stuck in emerald tier 1, I heard stuff like this. Just get good. Its all garbage – you’re where you belong. Its personal skill. I can tell you those responses are a load of garbage from a bunch of smug jerks who rode the win train to the top – yes the win train – not personal skill – at least not entirely – they were paired with other winning players. I was consistently paired with losing players. And our opponents were often pros on their way to leagues. Yah, completely fair. I can remember compositions of 4 pro players and a solo (3 necros, an ele, and some random) against my entire team of solos – thief, necro, 2 mes, war, and all on vanilla builds but my meta reap. Carry that right?

I am now on my same account in ruby. I made it the hard way. Solo que up out of mmr hell. I will never make it out of ruby. I can remember days, no weeks, of teaching people literally how to pvp. They are better players for it, but I have the losses.

What I want to know is – am I an emerald player with emerald skill – cuz I was stuck there for almost three weeks of solid game play 10-12 hrs a day or am I a ruby player – now to be stuck in tier 1 forever (cuz with a win loss ratio now approaching something abysmal I will never progress out of ruby) or am I a ruby player with ruby skill?

Just answer that please. Am I emerald where I belong or am I ruby where I belong – cuz my skill hasn’t changed. After 14 years of pvping on gw, and since pvping in gw2 since beta (my fav thing to do on the game) I didn’t all of a sudden “get gud” in a few weeks (less than a full season 2) to progress from emerald to ruby.

On the other hand, if I’m a ruby player, where I belong, then how do you explain my getting stuck, and being at the bottom teaching ppl how to play for more than 3 weeks (which believe me, there is no other hell than that in all the games I’ve ever played in my life – it was the worst experience ever). How can I have such a garbage win/loss ratio when at the start of the season it was 54%. How can I have a loss streak of 100 games if I’m a ruby player.

Give me a break.

Most importantly, why would anet think it would be nice to make losing players play losing players. They would never have a chance to win. Even if all the losers actually lost because of only their own personal skill, and it was truly reflective of only their personal skill, and then they were all thrown in a pit together to lose together endlessly, why would anet think this would be a fun experience for anyone?

(edited by Eater of Peeps.9062)

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

here’s screenshot of my alt in ruby – been playing mostly necro on it.

here is a screenshot of my main account in legend

Attachments:

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

thanks for confirming that the system is bias

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in PvP

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

here is a screenshot of my main account in legend

It’s appalling, the only close score I see it’s your only defeat in temple.

It’s patethic to what lengths some players go in order to justify this awful match making system, guess they’re all on the right side of it.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Then explain why this player gets victory after victory on one account while getting loss after loss on the other account? Surely his skill didn’t suddenly change when playing the one or the other.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Posted by: foogison.5067

foogison.5067

I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that people are still arguing about whether or not MMR hell exists or not. It’s ridiculously obvious to me.

Top tier players simply don’t want it to exist because if it is actually properly fixed then next season these players wont have as easy of a time.

Use common sense here: look at you teammates, do they play the same as you? Look at all these “top players” streaming, do their teammates play the same as them?

When you see some ESL player streaming from a brand new alt acc with a fresh MMR of 1 (which can be argued as above average) and they start going at it, the players they are paired with get closer and closer to their level as they proceed – Hence this absolutely DOES NOT disprove MMR hell.

When you see a GOOD player streaming who claims they are stuck in MMR hell, look at their teammates, look at what their teammates do, it is so obvious to me. When you see someone winning 1v2s while they have 2 teammates capping home at the start of a game, or you see the same person constantly running far and dying the whole match… It’s just so obvious.

I’m disappointed in the community on this issue.

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Thanks for the reply OP. I think ANet needs to make our MMR visible to us. I don’t understand why they keep it hidden. I thought our division would give us a good idea of where we stand, but maybe it doesn’t to the degree I thought it did.

I think the next step someone in the community should take is record games they play on a fresh or alt account, so we can analyze them, their teammates, and the overall gameplay

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in PvP

Eater of Peeps.9062

I’ve been saying this since day 2 of seas 2. MMR hell is real, and I am so tired of ppl saying its not, or that its my fault. From what I can see, my being trapped and pitted with crappy players has little to nothing to do with my personal skill. I’ve even started playing worse now, partly because I don’t care anymore (too demoralized) and partly because that’s all I see, so my own gameplay is now sinking to the lowest common denominator. I never get the chance to get better cuz I’m not around players who play well anymore so I wouldn’t even know what it looks like to “get better.”

What was the purpose of all this? Really, just so legendaries could have a quick time getting to the inevitable top? And the game is ruined for the rest of us? Really? I love gws – I hate to think how many people have quit cuz of this stupid decision and lazy coding with no respect for those not in legendary status.

in PvP

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

This was obvious the first week. But someone was blind to their design and ‘prestige’. Stubborn design and implementation.

in PvP

LordOtto.2650

From ruby MMR hell is real, but if you can’t get out of emerald or sapphire, that means you’re a trash, really, with honesty! How in earth some ppl can’t win 3 ina row? or 4 in a row? For me it is unreal when I see players saying that’s not their fault they can’t get out of those divisions!

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that people are still arguing about whether or not MMR hell exists or not. It’s ridiculously obvious to me.

Top tier players simply don’t want it to exist because if it is actually properly fixed then next season these players wont have as easy of a time.

Feel free to provide me with an account in “MMR hell”. I will stream the results and you can all watch me get Legend within 24 hours.

I’d thoroughly enjoy hearing the backpedaling and excuses as to why that “doesn’t prove anything” so people can cling to the hope that they aren’t awful.

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Feel free to provide me with an account in “MMR hell”. I will stream the results and you can all watch me get Legend within 24 hours.

I’d thoroughly enjoy hearing the backpedaling and excuses as to why that “doesn’t prove anything” so people can cling to the hope that they aren’t awful.

you really think you can win, when you solo cap far, kill 2 enemy teammates on the way and then look over and your entire team is dead? Just happened to me last match.

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

So, clearly we have an issue with matchmaking. Clearly people want the issue resolved.

What is not clear is how that is to be done? Just saying “remove MMR” doesn’t cut it, because there needs to be something to fill that shoe — otherwise matchmaking would be pure chaos.

So, my question is:

How do you propose A-net should build their matchmaking system?

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

So, clearly we have an issue with matchmaking. Clearly people want the issue resolved.

What is not clear is how that is to be done? Just saying “remove MMR” doesn’t cut it, because there needs to be something to fill that shoe — otherwise matchmaking would be pure chaos.

So, my question is:

uhmm isn’t the div system a replacement? .. you win you move up , you lose you don’t. pretty simple.

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

So, my question is:

uhmm isn’t the div system a replacement? .. you win you move up , you lose you don’t. pretty simple.

I think so too.. right now there’s a ladder within a ladder… doesn’t really make sense.
If legendary players are really as good as they claim, why do they need the MMR to boost them up, can’t they simply do that on their own?

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Are you saying that, on average, I will find an equal number of ‘’high mmr’’ players in amber tier 3 +/- 15 pips as in sapphire tier 4 +/-15 pips?

Relative difference between high and low mmr players will be similar, yes (so, if you will be at lower pip range, you might get weaker enemies, but you will also be getting crappier allies to compensate). And there are not many meaningful differences inbetween safe spots anyway.

If you don’t accept the notion that divisions reflect the average level of player skill in that division, then this discussion is pointless, of course.

But it doesn’t. Because matchmaking is broken.

The more time passes, the more the divisions reflect a particular range of MMR.

Problem is, at this time it seems that this process takes way more time than the length of the season. So, you won’t actually see that happening to any reasonable degree before season ends. Also, the system distorts MMRs of many players away from any representation of their real skills, which complicates the situation even more.

There will be an accumulation of low MMR players in lower divisions. This also means, if you are losing games, you will, on average, face players of lower MMR.

Due to the same effect, you would also get worse allies. Besides, you forget that due to the safespots you won’t slide back that far – no more than to the start of your division (or not even that much if before ruby).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

So, my question is:

Wouldn’t that be akin to a delayed reward track? Considering it is not degradable.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Tenebria.7239

Tenebria.7239

So, my question is:

Wouldn’t that be akin to a delayed reward track? Considering it is not degradable.

Make teams and matches both solely on tier and pips….