Let us use pve gear in custom servers

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Now that we can rent server with OUR money and set the rules, why not allow us use pve gear if we want to?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Because gear in PvP is a question of bragging rights with those who know how many hours of PvP play it must have taken to get that gear.

Since PvP and PvE share the same armor designs, it would be incredibly misleading and there would be no way to tell the real PvP pros from those who just jumped in from hotjoin.

And Anet is shifting entirely to custom servers so…

in PvP

Nuka Cola.8520

Well if there’s any kind of indications such as spectating/progression i don’t see any problem with pve items in spvp. If you want to brag about your rank 50 armors play in a server that doesn’t allow pve items, that simple.

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

If you want to brag about your rank 50 armors play in a server that doesn’t allow pve items, that simple.

well, we do … and …

we do,

we call it the Mists.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in PvP

Nuka Cola.8520

If you want to brag about your rank 50 armors play in a server that doesn’t allow pve items, that simple.

well, we do … and …

we do,

we call it the Mists.

that’s why you’ll have a choice of joining a server with pve items or one that everyone wears spvp item only. When you’re in the Myst (not in a server fighting) i don’t really care if they limit items seen on other players to spvp ones only, i just want to use my own pve gear in combat.

in PvP

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

I believe it would require way too much work, because you’re in a completely different setup on the mists and it could be hard for them to separate and make it work like WvW. But yeah… If they could make it happen for guys who want that, it’d be good for them.

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

I believe it would require way too much work, because you’re in a completely different setup on the mists and it could be hard for them to separate and make it work like WvW. But yeah… If they could make it happen for guys who want that, it’d be good for them.

Since it is cosmetic it would take too much effort for literally no reward. When so many other issues are needed for PvP that require coding I wouldn’t want any developers time taken up with this idea.

in PvP

Nuka Cola.8520

Since it is cosmetic it would take too much effort for literally no reward. When so many other issues are needed for PvP that require coding I wouldn’t want any developers time taken up with this idea.

no wouldn’t be just cosmetic. Im talking about EVERYTHING ascended gear and mods such as Cavalier included.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

I’d like this…

…If it were a cost-free way for me to try out builds that aren’t possible in sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

no, go away plz

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

in PvP

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

no wouldn’t be just cosmetic. Im talking about EVERYTHING ascended gear and mods such as Cavalier included.

Personally I think this is a horrible idea.
Some people have dedicated their time to this specific area of the game and do not have access to the ascended gear. Same goes for people new to the game btw.
The entire idea is that people fight on equal terms. Introducing ascended gear would ruin that.
Besides how can it in anyway be fair to punish those that are dedicated to pvp by introducing items that are not available through pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Lol i dont think you have understood what he is talking about
He just wants a way for him and his friends to organise duels and small fights in a controllable environment but with stats and variables found in wvw and not spvp.
That is something that cant be done in gw2 atm
I dont find anything bad in this even though its something entirely different than what hotm represent..but you have to take into account that custom arenas are not free and this request is not some kind of evil crusade to destroy the purity of even playing field in spvp..lol
(though devs havent got time or the staff to finish more important things so..dont hope much :P )

in PvP

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

You may be right that I misunderstood
I don’t see it as some evil crusade either. But if A-net wants to push the game towards custom arenas, I still don’t think it is fair that pvp’ers (or new players) should have less options as to which arenas they can join.
(Then again – I might have completely misunderstood that as well :P)

in PvP

Avead.5760

You may be right that I misunderstood
I don’t see it as some evil crusade either. But if A-net wants to push the game towards custom arenas, I still don’t think it is fair that pvp’ers (or new players) should have less options as to which arenas they can join.
(Then again – I might have completely misunderstood that as well :P)

hehe im pretty sure that if these guys buy a custom arena then it will be password protected so there is no limiting of your options anyway :P

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

no, PvE gear doesnt belong into PvP…

in PvP

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

Why do u even want PvE gear in PvP?
Even if you gonna play with your friends on custom it will have less point as with pvp gear [it is more balaced]. I Don’t undersant ,why ppl alway what to mix pvp and pve ???
In PVE you have WvW , isn’t that enough:D

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Now that we can rent server with OUR money and set the rules, why not allow us use pve gear if we want to?

Time to bring out the ultimate forum weapon again…here we go..

Sorry but this is not wvsw where you can stomp ppl just because you’ve a better gear…You’re bad? You lose.

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: shimzor.6057

shimzor.6057

Well if there’s any kind of indications such as spectating/progression i don’t see any problem with pve items in spvp. If you want to brag about your rank 50 armors play in a server that doesn’t allow pve items, that simple.

This is PVP game, if you wish to pwn ppl without max lvl gear you can always go back to WoW.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

still cant believe i read this for real

no. simple – no.

best reply to this is the forum weapon, posted above.

still cant believe it…

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Avead.5760

Im always amazed by how stupid people can be..
Did you even bother reading his posts..?
Besides why do you care what he ll do with his own paid custom arena?? :S
Or are you afraid of seeing those pve arenas in your server browser? What he is asking has nothing to do with spvp..isnt it obvious?
kitten people..

in PvP

Archaon.6245

What he is asking has nothing to do with spvp..

I think you already answered yourself here…

in PvP

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

pve gear has no place in spvp, go to wvw if you want to kill players with pve gear

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

in PvP

Avead.5760

What he is asking has nothing to do with spvp..

I think you already answered yourself here…

Still you respond like he is asking to redesign spvp..

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I’d say it has no place and this idea is silly.

However I find the method of requiring upkeep when there could have been better more consumer friendly options to monetize custom servers I don’t see it as a totally horrible option. I could see a hard core WvW/PvE guild trying to keep the upkeep with gems via gold and have a place to train his WvW buddies in a giant 20 player game, to to mention sPvP not having certain builds.

Now personally idc either way, but I don’t see it being that bad. As long as it doesn’t dominate the server lists.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Avead.5760

Its not bad idea at all..considering the game doesnt even have the option of dueling in pve (or pvp) i d say pve guys absolutely can demand their own version of custom arenas.But this is not the forum for this

in PvP

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

On the technical end of the spectrum, it would require 1.) porting every single armor set in PvE to PvP and 2.) making sure that the ported items are inaccessible to the Mists directly.

Issues that can spring up?
With 1.), any balance changes done to PvE items will affect those items as well and other related subsystems that have PvE interaction to traits be modified (zoning out buff glitches come in mind.
And 2.) it can cause trouble with people using Mists PvP, as the armor sets might bleed through to some crazy happenings, which in turn, would be bad and would make balancing a hell lot harder.

There’s a possibility this might be implemented, but by a very long (and I mean very long, kinda like how long bug fixes happen for class traits that have textual errors, or model errors, like how sword and shield NPC’s don’t use their faction weapons [i.e Whisper/Vigil shield/sword users using Seraph weapons, etc]) shot.

in PvP

Posted by: Farry.8259

Farry.8259

Because gear in PvP is a question of bragging rights with those who know how many hours of PvP play it must have taken to get that gear.

Since PvP and PvE share the same armor designs, it would be incredibly misleading and there would be no way to tell the real PvP pros from those who just jumped in from hotjoin.

And Anet is shifting entirely to custom servers so…

What about a good profile and a ranking system huh? Really.. sPvP sucks so bad…

in PvP

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

SPvP is not so bad. Mostly there are still balancing problems [map balancing and class balancing] , but mostly it is fine as it is team based.
If they add PvE gear in it it will make it all worst and even more ppl will leave the game.

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

It’s cool as long as those custom servers hosting pve toons won’t give you rank points.

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

It’s cool as long as those custom servers hosting pve toons won’t give you rank points.

or show up AT ALL in the pvp browser.

i think they have something already psuedo set up for what Cola wants, it’s called the Borderlands and Eternal Battleground.

Find a reasonably quiet corner, go duel. Opponents can guest on opposing shards.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

in PvP

Avead.5760

or show up AT ALL in the pvp browser.

i think they have something already psuedo set up for what Cola wants, it’s called the Borderlands and Eternal Battleground.

Find a reasonably quiet corner, go duel. Opponents can guest on opposing shards.

nah ..you cant guest in wvw..its only pve :P
The game literally gives no option for a bunch of friends to casually fight against each other with their pve items.Unless you consider paying gems to switch servers for a fight in a non instanced spot !!

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

You could request this idea until you go blue in the face and Anet still won’t pay attention to it.

Because its a crap idea is why. No need for pros, cons or even workarounds. It’s just a straight up crap idea and thank god it won’t be implemented (yes, I’m confident this will never see the light of day).

It goes contrary to every single system and direction that the devs are working on, for a third time, crap idea is crap.

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

You could request this idea until you go blue in the face and Anet still won’t pay attention to it.

Because its a crap idea is why. No need for pros, cons or even workarounds. It’s just a straight up crap idea and thank god it won’t be implemented (yes, I’m confident this will never see the light of day).

It goes contrary to every single system and direction that the devs are working on, for a third time, crap idea is crap.

Custom server is rented using ONE’s OWN MONEY and can BE PASSWORDED, as the OP said. If they want to play with pve gears, let them be. as long as it won’t be a rank farm server. They could make a 40/40 server with a unique map so WvWvW people can do a “GvG” on it.

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

in PvP

Nuka Cola.8520

This is PVP game, if you wish to pwn ppl without max lvl gear you can always go back to WoW.

first off i never played or even tried wow so ill let that to u or whoever played that crap before gw2 was released. 2nd what im asking is what was available in gw1 from day one (pve gear in pvp OMFG)… Third, if ascended gear is too much that’s fine, i would be perfectly fine if they downscaled them to exotic level. The main reason i want this is not to be “OP” (even tho if everyone on my server has ascended gear the OP gear becomes none existent) with ascended gear but use mods unavailable in spvp (in 8+ months we still don’t have cavalier and many many others) and most importantly, i don’t want to use stupid presets made by anet with spvp amulets., i want to tweak all accessories for my liking and that is impossible in spvp.

in PvP

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

god. it’s an OPTION. why do you people have to oppose everything? if people want to do this with their custom arenas, LET THEM. IT’S AN OPTION.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Call it an option all you want, it will never see the light of day.

in PvP

Posted by: Mujen.2089

Mujen.2089

“This is PVP game, if you wish to pwn ppl without max lvl gear you can always go back to WoW.”

- lawls?

I don’t see a problem with the request but the game either gets slightly better or slightly worse with every patch so idk what the future holds. But probably don’t hold out for this option.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

Or are you afraid of seeing those pve arenas in your server browser? What he is asking has nothing to do with spvp..isnt it obvious? kitten people..

yes i read it.

thats why its stupid.
but if he meant just unlock the skin, thats another point.

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Nuka Cola.8520

Or are you afraid of seeing those pve arenas in your server browser? What he is asking has nothing to do with spvp..isnt it obvious? kitten people..

yes i read it.

thats why its stupid.

i cared about skins when i had fugly spvp armors, now its not skins i want but to run builds you can’t make with amulets. Please explain to me what exactly is stupid in bringing pve gear in CUSTOM/PRIVATE servers? i really want to know cuz you make a lot of sense here. Did you knew that in all gw1 pvp you could bring your pve gear? and i clearly stated that if ascended gear would unbalance spvp then it could be downscaled to exotic tier… Now, a person comes with its pve jewels/weapons/armor and plays against one that never set foot outside spvp, how the F is he overpowered? Tweaking your build for your likings with available rings/backpack/amulet/accessory is OP now?

And if you’re against playing against people with pve gear (for some laughable reason) no one asked you to join a server that says PVE ITEM /ON, play what you’re now… its not like current servers are gonna vanish.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

yes i read it.

thats why its stupid.

i cared about skins when i had fugly spvp armors, now its not skins i want but to run builds you can’t make with amulets. Please explain to me what exactly is stupid in bringing pve gear in CUSTOM/PRIVATE servers? i really want to know cuz you make a lot of sense here. Did you knew that in all gw1 pvp you could bring your pve gear? and i clearly stated that if ascended gear would unbalance spvp then it could be downscaled to exotic tier… Now, a person comes with its pve jewels/weapons/armor and plays against one that never set foot outside spvp, how the F is he overpowered? Tweaking your build for your likings with available rings/backpack/amulet/accessory is OP now?

And if you’re against playing against people with pve gear (for some laughable reason) no one asked you to join a server that says PVE ITEM /ON, play what you’re now… its not like current servers are gonna vanish.

Cause gw2 pvp (Like gw1) must be skill based, not gear based…we dont want mindless pve farmers able to do something just because they kill mobs all day. You need to be better in order to win, you already have wvsw if you want cheesy wins without skills involved…no matter how much you play, if you’re bad your gear (Or the uber zerg behind you) won’t save you from the deserved faceroll here…if you really want it just ask for arenas in wvsw enviroment…this is just the wrong place, pvp world is something on it’s own with his own rules made to make it as fair as possible and even considering this is far from being really balanced already. Again ask for a team arena in wvsw where you don’t get glory and pvp stuff…it’s a bit stupid asking for an arena where you actually get glory/honor if you didn’t deserve it fighting a fair match..do you want to match up with friends in pvp? Get an arena and fight them all at the same level…this is the only way to prove who’s really better than others…stop asking to bring a gun into a knife fight, bring your knife as everyone else and show your skills..

PvE items don’t belong to pvp world..it’s like asking to bring a zerker amulet to wvsw or a spammable treb in dungeons…no matter if into a private arena or not, different worlds have different items and rules, and you must follow them or get out. End.

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

Call it an option all you want, it will never see the light of day.

then say “I don’t think this is at the top of the priority list and I’d rather see XYZ first” instead of “kitten you noob kitten you want pve gear in pvp? here’s a grand list I’ve composed of what anet has ever said about gear in pvp. also kitten you”

this is why we can’t have nice things…

(edited by pullnointer.1476)

in PvP

Posted by: The Grump.3209

The Grump.3209

I think it would be a fantastic addition to SPvP, to add specific PvE gear servers where people can join.

There is nothing unfair about this since if you don’t want to fight people with max level gear, go into the PvP gear servers.

The reason for this is that for people like me who spend many hours getting their characters the best possible gear, builds, strategies and combos; want to fight people.

This just isn’t possible at the moment because if you enter WvW you will almost never find solitary people or small groups, and any 1v1/1v2/2v2 fight etc, quickly turns into a 1v10/1v50.

The very best builds cannot be recreated in SPvP as there aren’t enough item choices to allow you to do so.

Working for a long time to get the best armour and then not be able to use it in non zerg situations is a real letdown, I’d love to be able to fight in my full gear, against other fully geared people.

Just my thoughts.

edit: ain’t mad that i bumped a 5 month old thread, it’s the only one i could find that held any relevance

in PvP

Archaon.6245

The very best builds

You mean broken op builds with kitten crit dmg, confusion and so on right?

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

pls, no.

in PvP

The Grump.3209

The very best builds

You mean broken op builds with kitten crit dmg, confusion and so on right?

I have 3 level 80s that each destroy those builds, so no, not right.

I just want a chance to fight either 1v1 or in small teams using the gear I’ve spent hundreds of hours gaining, against other people who have their own armour they’ve spent their own time gaining.

I can’t think of any possible reason to not have this as an option on private PvP servers.

in PvP

Archaon.6245

because pvp, as it was in gw1, must be balanced only around player skill…not around gear and how much time someone spent killing ai mobs…pretty obvious…that’s why wvsw is included into pve world and totally separated from pvp, as it should be…

in PvP

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

Be cause Pve is not PvP…If you want to see your Pve gear…go WvW…

in PvP

Archaon.6245

This…long story short…

in PvP

The Grump.3209

This…long story short…

This just isn’t possible at the moment because if you enter WvW you will almost never find solitary people or small groups, and any 1v1/1v2/2v2 fight etc, quickly turns into a 1v10/1v50.

Yeah, I already addressed that.
Please explain why it shouldn’t be an option for those who want it.

in PvP

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

This…long story short…

Yeah, I already addressed that.
Please explain why it shouldn’t be an option for those who want it.

It should not be an option because it does not make sense. If something does not make sense. It is not right or true. Basic rules of the way things are. Having said that, I also believe that it is the last thing the PvP community should be worrying about. The game is a dying breed. Letting one wear PvE gear in a CA is just not something that is going to make the game better as a whole. Stop being selfish.