Lets talk Quickness

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Fiesbert.9816

Fiesbert.9816

I claim Quickness is bad for the game and think it should be severly nerfed
Here are my reasons

• 1) 100% increase in damage per second is too much, regardless of the circumstances
  • 2) its not available to all professions yet too powerful not to
  • 3) it eliminates strategic gameplay by reducing the time to kill (ttk from here on) to shooterlike levels (<3 seconds)
  • 4) countering and applying quickness becomes the most determing factor in a duel
  • 5) it puts offense scaling way behind defense scaling
  • 6) it trivializes 2vs1 fights
  • 7) by increasing frequency of attacks instead of damage itself, the 100% increase is applied to all other damage modifiers overpowering them as well
  • 8) http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Rage and http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Critical_Haste makes dice rolls a deciding factor of combat
  • 9) It makes having cooldownless attacks for the Thief utterly broken while quickness is active
  • 10) Speeding up all actions Quickness allows for an almost uncounterable finishing blow and heal in addition to its huge offense value

Data I made the diagram with https://dl.dropbox.com/u/75936190/DamageModifier.ods

[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/75936190/dmgModifiers.JPG[/img]

• Physical training applies to slot skills only. Yet 100% seem way too much. I’d guess physical abilities are underwhelming damagewise without it – can a warrior experienced player please comment on this
  • Downed damage increase is fine. The only situation I can imagine this to be really helpful is in a downed duel. Which is a rather rare occurence. Still thats something to be looked at. 50% is still too much of a percentage. It either has to be lackluster before the increase or be too powerful after the increase.
  • the single highest modifier of all other damage modifiers of the entire game is Merciless Hammer which increases the damage to disabled targets by 25% http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Merciless_Hammer . This like all other damage modifiers in the game is situational and most (>80%) don’t apply to all damage a player deals

Which leaves Quickness to stand out as the by far most powerful damage modifier in the game.

Burst mechanics are fun and removing mechanics outrages players. So I think Quickness should stay but be changed. The Sigil of Rage and Critical Haste need to go.

• Hand Quickness out to all classes but put it into the healing slot
  • Reduce Quickness from +100% to +33% haste and remove its drawbacks, this would put it in line with defensive cooldowns
Necro autoattack/minion DPS http://tinyurl.com/8wd6lv6
DS battle tank http://tinyurl.com/8dv5q9p

(edited by Fiesbert.9816)

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Kronos.4876

Kronos.4876

You oversee the fact that most builds have at least one disable/knockback/stun. Save that for when you see the quickness buff on your enemy and his burst is practically nullified. Plus most of these bursty builds that center around quickness have their burstcombo using a few CDs (i.e. 100b usually uses 2-3 utilityskills) which is why these builds are really weak right after they used their burst. And by the way, the drawbacks are what makes quickness somewhat balanced, at least for someone who knows what exactly the quickness skills do.
I find stealthstoping thieves far more annoying than quickness tbh.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Fiesbert.9816

You oversee the fact that most builds have at least one disable/knockback/stun. Save that for when you see the quickness buff on your enemy and his burst is practically nullified. Plus most of these bursty builds that center around quickness have their burstcombo using a few CDs (i.e. 100b usually uses 2-3 utilityskills) which is why these builds are really weak right after they used their burst. And by the way, the drawbacks are what makes quickness somewhat balanced, at least for someone who knows what exactly the quickness skills do.
I find stealthstoping thieves far more annoying than quickness tbh.

No, I didn’t.

• Reaction time and lag will give you at least 1 second of free damaging, which Quickness turns into 2 seconds.
  • Current destealth lag adds another seconds
  • Its possible to use stability in conjunction with Quickness. Quickness nature doesn’t allow you to take the time looking through your opponents boons for stability.
  • Quickness lasts longer than most CC abilities
  • Quickness can and will be applied more than once a fight by its secondary sources (Sigil of Rage, Critical Haste)
  • Having no CC ready while being jumped with Quickness turns it into an “I win”-button

The only real counters to quickness are invulnerability skills, which again not all professions have access to. Even if they did it would make for quite a boring metagame.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Kronos.4876

Kronos.4876

Okay, well, looks like Im just gonna avoid this thread if your last resort is ~i cant react properly and therefore this skill is OP (oh and also, lags)~

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

Support the OP by pressing +1 button.

The 1 second lag factor is good point which ensures frenzy always hits somewhat. In addition in the heat of battle with all the spell effects going off to expect a player to react instantaneously to frenzy is not fair NOR FUN.

That is the most important thing. Frenzy takes the FUN out of sPVP.

I prefer longer fights, even if I loose, because atleAST i got a lot of time to PLAY my character. That is the reason FRENZY is not fun. Because it takes away time you actually get to play and control your character, by making you die in 2 seconds.

(edited by gwawer.9805)

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Oracle Fefe.5078

Oracle Fefe.5078

Kronos, your second post is taking quite an immature turn honestly.

This game isn’t an FPS. Milliseconds of reaction time is impossible due to the slight delay of a skill activating when you press it and many other elements being used against you (Checking your conditions, health, cooldowns, how many enemies there are, lookin at your opponents animations.)

The destealth lag is real due to the bug in the system that renders a stealthed character much slower then you would expect. From the time you get backstabbed by a rogue they are still stealthed and can get a few extra hits.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: BakBakaa.2453

BakBakaa.2453

I agree quickness needs looking at. I play engineer so I am in the category of no options for reliable quickness but lots of cc options. I can tell you right now that even if you can get past an enemies might and your endurance isnt gone already from avoiding it is only a matter of time for them to get you with one or the other. It isnt so much that it isnt a good mechanic cause it can be made to be balanced AND useful. The issue is it’s status as an I win button (as described above) that makes it tip over the edge. The fact that a bad player will have nothing to do after a quickness combo when attacking or that a bad defender wont be able to react in time isnt so much the issue as it is about two evenly skilled players coming out on top relatively evenly. As of right now it ia in favor of the player with burst, quickness, and or spammable skills. That is where the imbalance liea.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

I’m a Thief and I agree Quickness needs to be fixed, for all classes. I would rather see it removed, but would settle for the options you put forth.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Marxo.3829

Marxo.3829

In addition to CC, invulnerability/duration blocking, invisibility as counters, there is also confusion, reflection and retaliation (granted retaliation is a weak counter) which can seriously harm the player using quickness.

So it’s not like it’s uncounterable. Yet, I would suggest making quickness counters more powerful – ie. retaliation and perhaps confusion too both of which many classes have access too.

(edited by Marxo.3829)

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

BakBakaa.2453

I would agree making the counters to quickness stronger could achieve the same thing as nerfing quickness. The decision of which of the two is better comes down to what is better in the grand scheme of all classes and abilities over all gamemodes.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Fiesbert.9816

In addition to CC, invulnerability/duration blocking, invisibility as counters, there is also confusion, reflection and retaliation (granted retaliation is a weak counter) which can seriously harm the player using quickness.

Confusion and retaliation both don’t counter but rather mitigate Quickness. Reflection, if duration based and Quickness being used for projectile attacks does counter Quickness.
Confusion, to my knowledge, has to be frontloaded, so it can’t be used reactionary to counter Quickness.
Stealth does somewhat counter Quickness if you’re mobile. You can attack thin air with almost all attacks, if you happen to be stealthed within that thin air…

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: madatom.5218

madatom.5218

the biggest issue with haste is it doesn’t scale equally across all classes

elementalists for example

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Fiesbert.9816

The best thing Quickness currently does is pointing out other issues with the game.

• Like the interface being insufficient for assessing the situation quickly
  • stealth render lag
  • how bad the targeting is

I’d kill for powerAuras and nameplates with customizable boon/condition display.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

The premise for quickness in the first place was to double the activation time of skills, so why not just add aftercast delay. They did the same thing in GW1, with Rspike, and later, shadowstep chains.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Eurosdown.6072

Eurosdown.6072

@Bakbakaa: Engineers don’t have quickness? They actually do, it’s called Elixir U.

OT: I do think quickness is a bit ridiculous, even if it has counters (killing a ranger with reflection if just priceless). 40-50% extra speed would still be a sizable amount, 100% is just unfair to the professions that don’t have it.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Parakeet.6083

Parakeet.6083

I think frenzy on warrior is quickness done right. Let people keep their quickness just have it make you take +50 or 100 percent damage when you have it on.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

BakBakaa.2453

@Eurosdown: I miss-spoke. The deal with quickness is not that it is not available to engineers so much as it is terrible to use as the downsides are catastrophic and not able to be reliably predicted. That in and of itself is a discussion for another thread though.

Thank you for pointing that out so I could clarify it.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Hopeless.8195

Hopeless.8195

Attack speed buffs in GW1 were 33% and usually for around 8 seconds. This worked very well and did not unbalance the game.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

I’ve tried every single weapon spec with a warrior. Lots of trait combinations. I always end up having to spec frenzy, no matter if it’s with hammer, sword, greatsword or axe.

The reason is a warrior is completely kitable. He suffers from knockbacks, snares, immobilises and out of every class suffers the biggest dps drop if he isn’t next to his target.

Warrior frenzy is 4 seconds of haste + 50 percent increase damage TAKEN…(did you read that properly?) every 60 seconds.

Without haste the HB attack is pretty much useless, unless the person stands there for the entire 4 seconds (never).

So you want to negate any dps a warrior has in its entirety.

I never have issues with other players having haste, that’s why i carry a shield in the 2nd set + escape abilities. Are you really having issues avoiding people for 4 seconds?

Whenever I see an anti haste post all I can see is ‘I don’t want to spec my character with any sort of defence/escape abilities, I just want to go all out attack and because the only time I die is to haste thieves or warriors so could you nerf those please because then i’d dominate everything…’

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Fiesbert.9816

I’ve tried every single weapon spec with a warrior. Lots of trait combinations. I always end up having to spec frenzy, no matter if it’s with hammer, sword, greatsword or axe.

The reason is a warrior is completely kitable. He suffers from knockbacks, snares, immobilises and out of every class suffers the biggest dps drop if he isn’t next to his target.

Warrior frenzy is 4 seconds of haste + 50 percent increase damage TAKEN…(did you read that properly?) every 60 seconds.

Without haste the HB attack is pretty much useless, unless the person stands there for the entire 4 seconds (never).

I never have issues with other players having haste, that’s why i carry a shield in the 2nd set + escape abilities. Are you really having issues avoiding people for 4 seconds?

Whenever I see an anti haste post all I can see is ‘I don’t want to spec my character with any sort of defence/escape abilities, I just want to go all out attack and because the only time I die is to haste thieves or warriors so could you nerf those please because then i’d dominate everything…’

So you’re saying a broken mechanic should stay because its fine on your Warrior?
Besides:

And yes, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shield_Stance like all invul abilities counters Quickness best. But not all Professions have invul abilities and certainly won’t have them available as often as an attacker has Quickness available.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Manji.3801

Manji.3801

“I think frenzy on warrior is quickness done right. Let people keep their quickness just have it make you take +50 or 100 percent damage when you have it on.”

Actually it’s done wrong,…. No Heals for 5 (Engi) and Thiefs (Cost all stamina + no stamina regen for a while) is WAAAAAY better!

Yeah Quickness has to be 1) nerfed 2) redone or 3) taken out!

It’s unfair if you don’t have it, not because of DMG (meh, maybe but it’s not THAT important)

MORE Unfair is the Finishing with Quickness…. you can’t do anything! If you don’t have it you are way behind your Opponents!

And the fact that warr gets 50% more DMG while others gain ONLY 5 “no heals” during that time,…

Does not make sence that warriors who should be in the Frontline, get the DUMBEST Drawback for them….

For me as Engineer … i don’t care about the “no heals” stuff,… lolrange anyone?

For a warrior i can just pop it when i Bullcharged someone, else i get stomped!

Stupid design …. very very stupid!

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I agree with the OP, if this forum weren’t so buggy and I could give +1 I would.

Quickness simply isn’t a healthy ability to have in game and it should be replaced and removed.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

phaeris.7604

You can close with bulls charge…but what then?. Spam your weapon 1 button and hope you arn’t snared/knockedback/stunned/immobilised?

Because if you hadn’t noticed snare seems to be a constant prescence in this game as a melee. You probably don’t as a necro since you put out so many conditions and have viable ranged offence, but believe me, if i’m not being snared by some aoe, some ranged ability or everything else i’m amazed.

You’ve clearly never used throw bolas. If you had you would never have suggested it. It misses 99/100 times. The only time it works reliably is if you bulls rush and then use it after they’re knocked down. Never ever use it at range. Waste of time.

Signet of stamina? a 45 second signet which slightly increases your endurance regen. You still can only do 2 dodges in a row and have to wait slightly less time before you can dodge again. How exactly would that stop kiting?

Charge – have you ever used charge?. It stops short of a character or goes past them, you can be snared during it or immobilised. Best use of charge? To get as far away from a fight as you can.

I can see you play a necro. You’re tired of getting stomped so you want to nerf all the classes who stomp you.

Actually all classes have accesss to invulnerabilities.

Warrior-endure pain + shield block (90 second timer/30 second timer)

Ranger – Protect me/camoflage (60 second timer)

Guardian – retaliaton/bubble/signets – SO many ways to negate damage all on timers <60 seconds.

elemenatlist – mist form/arcane shield/lightning dagger spec. (75 seconds for shields, dagger knockback and escape abilities < 1 minute)

engineer – that thing where they shrink (cant be bothered to look it up). (60 seconds)

Mesmer – SO many abilities to stop damage/evade attacks on <1 minut etimers.

Necro – Spectral walk (60 seconds), Reapers protection (90 seconds), stand inside fear marks?

Thief – roll for initiative.

So yes…everyone has the ability to avoid a 4 second haste burst. You just choose not to spec for it.

If i choose not to take a stability ability i’m not suprised when I get knocked down/feared/knocked back/stunned all the time. I don’t come here crying that cc needs to be removed from the game.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

The game is designed to have high risk/high reward builds available. GW1 was also like this. Millisecond reaction times were required, particularly of monks. This is not your typical mmo pvp combat. It’s true quickness like we have now did not exist in gw1, however its playstyle did exist, not only at the team level but also at individual.

Just to give an example there were warriors or assassins with hammer and daggers that would perform their attack chains and literally give you no time to react or attack back (because you were permanently on the ground). If you found this in random arenas, you were simply unable to do anything until a teammate got on them to help you, or you were intelligent and slotted a defensive skill to break their chain. Again, here in gw2, the same mentality is going into game design: if none of your skills can break you out of those situations, you just need to accept the fact that you will lose to them. (aka bring stunbreak)

(edited by milo.6942)

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Yup, it’s just not healthy for the game.

It will keep the classes that use them too simple (and boring), and will either be mandatory or useless the way it is.

The game is designed to have high risk/high reward builds available. GW1 was also like this. Millisecond reaction times were required, particularly of monks. This is not your typical mmo pvp combat.

Funny, the massive burst and super short TTK makes this feel like pvp in most MMO’s. Was really hoping fights would be slower and take more skill.

(edited by Knote.2904)

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Detahmaio.2014

Detahmaio.2014

The game is designed to have high risk/high reward builds available. GW1 was also like this. Millisecond reaction times were required, particularly of monks. This is not your typical mmo pvp combat. It’s true quickness like we have now did not exist in gw1, however its playstyle did exist, not only at the team level but also at individual.

Necro/ele don’t have high reward specs sorry.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

milo.6942

It will keep the classes that use them too simple (and boring), and will either be mandatory or useless the way it is.

If you are going for burst damage in those classes, then you must bring quickness to be competitive. Yes. That’s the long and short of it. However it’s not true that to play those classes you must necessarily go for burst damage.

Funny, the massive burst and super short TTK makes this feel like pvp in most MMO’s. Was really hoping fights would be slower and take more skill.

Fights would not end in 3 seconds if you had some defense and stunbreaks, then you would have 45 seconds minimum to kill your opponent before the next burst.

All classes are different. Each has specialties.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Parakeet.6083

“I think frenzy on warrior is quickness done right. Let people keep their quickness just have it make you take +50 or 100 percent damage when you have it on.”

Actually it’s done wrong,…. No Heals for 5 (Engi) and Thiefs (Cost all stamina + no stamina regen for a while) is WAAAAAY better!

Yeah Quickness has to be 1) nerfed 2) redone or 3) taken out!

It’s unfair if you don’t have it, not because of DMG (meh, maybe but it’s not THAT important)

MORE Unfair is the Finishing with Quickness…. you can’t do anything! If you don’t have it you are way behind your Opponents!

And the fact that warr gets 50% more DMG while others gain ONLY 5 “no heals” during that time,…

Does not make sence that warriors who should be in the Frontline, get the DUMBEST Drawback for them….

For me as Engineer … i don’t care about the “no heals” stuff,… lolrange anyone?

For a warrior i can just pop it when i Bullcharged someone, else i get stomped!

Stupid design …. very very stupid!

What I’m saying is that the penalties that the other classes suffer for having quickness need to be uped to be on par with the penalty that warriors suffer. In other words quickness needs to be nurfed/suffer bigger penalties on the other classes.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Parakeet.6083

Actually all classes have accesss to invulnerabilities.

Necro – Spectral walk (60 seconds), Reapers protection (90 seconds), stand inside fear marks?

I can’t speak to the other classes that you mentioned because I haven’t played much of them, but for necromancer you have no idea what your talking about.

Spectral walk does nothing to damage, reapers protection fears when someone stuns you on a 90 second cool down and you have to trait for it, fear mark is on like a 50 second cool down on the staff.

None of these are invulnerability, or could even be argued to be similar to invulnerability. I don’t really have an opinion on the rest of your post but this part and a few others make me feel like you have no idea what your talking about and words are just gushing out of your mouth pointlessly.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Parakeet.6083

Just to give an example there were warriors or assassins with hammer and daggers that would perform their attack chains and literally give you no time to react or attack back (because you were permanently on the ground). If you found this in random arenas, you were simply unable to do anything until a teammate got on them to help you, or you were intelligent and slotted a defensive skill to break their chain. Again, here in gw2, the same mentality is going into game design: if none of your skills can break you out of those situations, you just need to accept the fact that you will lose to them. (aka bring stunbreak)

Hi there. In GW1 hammer could keep you on the ground for quite a while, but the trade off for hammer cc was that it didn’t do as much damage. You were also vulnerable to damage yourself since you did not have a shield. You really could not be full health killed by a hammer while cc’ed because it just did not have enough damage to do so. A good hammer warrior could get you close to death while cc’ed but you still had enough time on your feet that you could respond, and it took a lot longer to build the adrenaline back up to do another knockdown chain. That does not seem to be the case in gw2.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Parakeet.6083

I loled because its so true.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Candiru.5279

Candiru.5279

Not warriors hundred blades or Thiefs pistol whip are the problem…quickness is! I hope Anet will realize this…

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

When I cast time warp on my mesmer, you can see the drastic results, time warp is so valuable in WvW when defending a keep or pushing back a zerg.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

milo.6942

Hi there. In GW1 hammer could keep you on the ground for quite a while, but the trade off for hammer cc was that it didn’t do as much damage. You were also vulnerable to damage yourself since you did not have a shield. You really could not be full health killed by a hammer while cc’ed because it just did not have enough damage to do so. A good hammer warrior could get you close to death while cc’ed but you still had enough time on your feet that you could respond, and it took a lot longer to build the adrenaline back up to do another knockdown chain. That does not seem to be the case in gw2.

I don’t want to be rude, but it’s obvious you haven’t played the game in a while. I was talking about w/a and a/w combinations that quick swapped between daggers and hammer to chain kd and dagger attacks. I used to run a similar variant with my a/p dagger/spear and permanent daze+cripple (it was vicious). And anyway a regular hammer warrior did considerable damage with his attack sequence, and was completely capable of killing defenseless players that weren’t prepared or specced properly. My point was, these things were known. You always slotted a defensive skill if you were a squishy class in random arenas (or team arenas when that was around), because if a burst caught you, it was over. Sure there were lots of players (we’ll call them ‘newer’ players) that didn’t spec for health and toughness and didn’t have a shield set and and defensive skills… these were the players that were easy to kill without any effort. And here we are in gw2, in a topic about over the top burst, from players that (probably) aren’t specced properly and feel that they shouldn’t have to slot a stunbreaker just for those pesky burst characters.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

If you are going for burst damage in those classes, then you must bring quickness to be competitive. Yes. That’s the long and short of it. However it’s not true that to play those classes you must necessarily go for burst damage.

Fights would not end in 3 seconds if you had some defense and stunbreaks, then you would have 45 seconds minimum to kill your opponent before the next burst.

All classes are different. Each has specialties.

I do take and use defense and stun breaks lol. The TTK in the game is still tiny and is twitch gameplay.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Marxo.3829

Marxo.3829

Confusion and retaliation both don’t counter but rather mitigate Quickness. Reflection, if duration based and Quickness being used for projectile attacks does counter Quickness.
Confusion, to my knowledge, has to be frontloaded, so it can’t be used reactionary to counter Quickness.
Stealth does somewhat counter Quickness if you’re mobile. You can attack thin air with almost all attacks, if you happen to be stealthed within that thin air…

Well no the idea isn’t that you pop confusion/retaliation/reflection and do nothing else to counter quickness, you are still free to use your other abilities which evens the playfield somewhat. As stated I would like to see these counters improved as well.

As for frontloading confusion, you’re right about that for a 100b warrior who will take no additional damage after activating 100b since the skill is already used, but for thieves and most other classes that use quickness, a decent sized stack and some +condition damage will mean confusion damage to themselves will often be more than the damage they are inflicting (and they are still free to use other attack skills) – obviously this statement will vary in truth depending on the skill used.

Imo making counters like retaliation and confusion stronger are a better solution. Buffs make people smile, taking something away that people are used to makes them cry and rage.

(edited by Marxo.3829)

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

That is EXACTLY the reason it should be removed. You will forever be balanced around it in its current form.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

phaeris.7604

If they were to remove quickness from a warrior they would have to severely up the weapon damage to compensate. Especially for the greatsword as it would gut the effectiveness of HB.

That or make HB a mobile cast. That I could live with.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Fiesbert.9816

If they were to remove quickness from a warrior they would have to severely up the weapon damage to compensate. Especially for the greatsword as it would gut the effectiveness of HB.

That or make HB a mobile cast. That I could live with.

Its not about Quickness on Warriors its about Quickness in general. Although I wouldn’t mind it being removed, I’d rather see it changed.
By the way your reliance on Quickness to pull of 100B is just another hint how broken Quickness is and how it dumbs down gameplay. If you can build your playstyle around a single ability, there is something wrong with it.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

The problem with quickness is that it has the potential to turn otherwise balanced abilities, such as pistol whip, into gimics. Currently though, the skills it interacts with to create issues is fairly short, and the draw backs of using any quickness skill turn it into “use this skill, skilled players now pop burst”.

On a side note, you don’t need frenzy to land 100 blades, hell you don’t even need 100 blades to kill people on great-sword warrior.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Fiesbert.9816

The problem with quickness is that it has the potential to turn otherwise balanced abilities, such as pistol whip, into gimics. Currently though, the skills it interacts with to create issues is fairly short, and the draw backs of using any quickness skill turn it into “use this skill, skilled players now pop burst”.

On a side note, you don’t need frenzy to land 100 blades, hell you don’t even need 100 blades to kill people on great-sword warrior.

If you have either invul abilities or Quickness yourself, yeah it can be a fair battle. Unless your enemy happens to gain Quickness through its secondary sources:

I know some of you are enjoying being overpowered by Quickness and easy kills a lot but believe me, it’ll get old very fast and its bad for developing skill.
Like Quickness Thiefs complaining about Retaliation. I bet they don’t even know about http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Purity or that conditions are ignored by Retaliation.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Fiesbert.9816

Quickness remains to be the most pressing issue in combat. Please adress it sooner than later.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Decrease the speed to 1.5. Make the use punishments more dangerous to stress the risk/reward value. Minor buff to duration.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I totally disagree with the notion that Quickness is broken in GW2, I even think it’s underpowered, especially on the Warrior.

Just compare it to Frenzy in GW1:

It was only a 33% DPS-increase, but it had nearly no CD and you could cancel the stance and therefore the double amount of DPS taken, with another Stance. In Gw2, It has 60 Seconds CD and the Stance cannot be cancelled.

Furthermore, even on other classes, that can reduce the CD of their Quickness down to under 50 Seconds, almost every class has Stunbreakers and very effective defensive Tools, with about the same CD, so it’s no problem at all to make the Quickness used by a class totally useless and severely punished by the drawback associated with it.

IMHO, the best way to use Quickness is for Stomps and because we don’t see that as often (because the best classes for quickness+Stability-Stomps are Ranger and Warrior and they aren’t played as much and in no way OP atm) I really can’t argue about whether or not this is balanced.

Another important point is, that Quickness is almost never coupled with an Overpowered Build. Almost no Engi uses it, Warriors and Rangers aren’t OP at all and Thiefs do better with backstab, which uses no Quickness.

I think Quickness is a good Idea, because it requires a build to heavily invest into DPS and has a rather big drawback. You loose 1 Utility-skill and most classes need to invest in an immobilize/stun or get assistance by their teammates to ensure that the risk they took with investing in DPS is justified.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: OneManArmy.5617

OneManArmy.5617

I agree with the OP, quickness is way too effective and doesn’t allow your opponent time to react. Reduce its effectiveness to 50%-33% speed increase instead of 100% or remove it completely from pvp.

Surrender is not an option!

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

I would just reduce the quickness duration to 2 seconds on all skills/traits/sigils/runes. 2 seconds are nice for a small burst, 4 seconds just feels overpowered. The duration on Time Warp should also be reduced to 4 seconds. 10 seconds of AoE quickness is just completely ridiculous. I’m not sure what ArenaNet were thinking there. I don’t even like to use Time Warp when I’m playing Mesmer, because it makes me feel like I’m braking the game..

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

Nobody cares about rangers because rangers are bad. Even with quickness.

Random procs are bad for comp in principal, but this game does a pretty decent job of blending it to be a non issue. Not saying the game wouldnt be better without it, but i think the game is tolerable with…

Quickness is a pretty dubious thing. Im opposed to several examples of it, infact all… rangers need a good class mechanic and buffed / tooled weapons, this quickness bs is fine on them, but they could be more fun to play with and against if their mechanics were better ironed.

The little bit of challenge i get from throwing up a reflect, dodge, los, whatever when i see a ranger go quick just isnt
orth it.

Quick on thief is stupid and unfun all around.

On warrior m torn. With the mace i really think its perfect. With the gs i hink its less than optimal, with stomping im back to stupid but thats got more to do with rally than quickness its self.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Fiesbert.9816

100% is simply too much. Just recently http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Signet got changed from 150% once to 15% for five attacks. Why? Because any modifier above 50% is just plain stupid.
The damage alone is broken with quickness adding stomping and reviving to the list should leave no doubt how out of place this skill is. If the devs insist on keeping it as is, it should be handed out to all professions and removed from PROCs entirely.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Psychrome.9281

Psychrome.9281

i guess that depends on your version of high rewards both necros and eles have strong bunker specs that can be used to change the tide of the fight. Also necros are one of the strongest buff stripping /condition specs in the game, condition removal is useless against a good one. necros also are one of the few classes that can where a shamans amulet and still have 20k hp.

elementalists are only slightly below engineers in terms of CC, they are strong in regards to team support and can drastically negate alot of damage. they are probably the closest thing in the game to a true healing class and does that job extremely well.

as far as damage in the form of burst, if that is what you mean by high reward then perhaps you should try mesmer or thief or even warrior if that is what you are looking for.

in regards to the quickness discussion. quickness is truly powerful and while not all classes have it at least one class in particular actually needs it for effective on demand burst: the ranger. with all of the constant pet AI quirks, the pre release nerf to ranger weapon damage, and all around poor design of weapons skills. this class is mediocre at everything and the only thing that allows a spec outside of conditions/traps build is quickness. while i agree that quickness is over powered and dreadfully out of hand in classes like the thief which can spam any ability they want regardless of the damage done or even the warrior somewhat, removing quickness is only possible if the ranger gets some really really good buffs on the 15th. most of us in the ranger community are excited for the changes, however most arent thinking that this is going to be all of the changes we need.

while i see pistol whip or death blossom quickness being ridiculous, quickness for the most part is a well balanced ability. personally i believe most people have learned that warriors with 100blades spec is a very niche build, and is probably the only build new players are arguing about in regards to warriorquickness.

my solution remove the initiative system so that thieves wont be able to abuse quickness and instantly spam 4 pistolwhips in a row or whatever high damage attack they want. At the same time offer other classes the ability to use quickness as a utility, so they can use or not use it as they see fit.

Lets talk Quickness

in PvP

Posted by: Ickorus.4518

Ickorus.4518

I’d rather see Warriors balanced so haste isn’t a necessity than leave haste in it’s currently broken form.

Something funny though, I actually like the quickness finishing/ressing, it’s the increased attack speed and that alone that bothers me.

I think choosing a target to quickly finish or ress could be a very cool tactical choice for players, particularly given the long cooldown of quickness for most classes. (Ranger would need to be looked into though)

Guild: Afterlife [AFTL] (Piken Square)

(edited by Ickorus.4518)