Locked out of tournament - "Network Error"

in PvP

Posted by: Kuishen.6140

Kuishen.6140

Let me paint a picture for you:

Me and 2 other friends go to do a free tournament for the monthly pvp achievement, this is our first time delving into the pvp tournaments. We win a fairly close first match. We all comment on how awesome this is. We then proceed to win our second match after making a pretty large comeback. We’re ecstatic and glad that we decided to do this because it is great fun.

The option to join Round 3 pops up.

After hitting “Go Now” we all get teleported back to Heart of the Mists. Wait, that’s not right, what’s going on? Network Error pop up. Oh kitten The pop up to join Round 3 appears again, we all hit “Go Now”, all get network error. This happens several times until the counter eventually hits zero and my two friends get sent to Round 3. Meanwhile I’m stuck in Heart of the Mists and get one final Network Error and then no more pop ups.

At this point I’m pretty distressed and angry. I log in and out a couple of times, only to get a pop up to join Round 1. What? No. That’s wrong game. This happens for the next 8 minutes as I listen to my friends on Ventrilo losing a match that we probably could have won. They proceed to get 2nd Place Tournament Chests and I get nothing.

Anybody else encounter this problem? I’m quite pissed about this and I’m now turned off from doing tournaments again until I at least see a dev comment on whether or not this is a common issue.

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

yep occasionally. waited 6min. got into the map.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuishen.6140

Kuishen.6140

As an aside I did end up getting tournament rewards like 2 hours later when I logged on again, but yeah, this is still bullkitten.

in PvP

Posted by: gab.7645

gab.7645

This happened to me as well as another teammate.

1st round, all ok.
2nd round, network error when trying to go to the map. When the game was starting I was transported to the map – missing 10-20 of the first seconds of the match.
3rd round, me and another player are unable to get into the map at all, kept getting the network error messages up until it started, then nothing.

in PvP

Posted by: Brutilicus.8570

Brutilicus.8570

Just happened to me as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Surplusbuds.4132

Surplusbuds.4132

This also just happened to me. I was in a pug group and we won the first round, pop up for second round showed up, clicked go now, nothing happens for a few minutes then i get a network error message. About 10 seconds after the match had started, myself and one other teammate were ported to the map where we were promptly destroyed by a full team of 5 that had no trouble joining the match, I asked them in chat.

in PvP

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

This happened to me yesterday, granted it wasn’t in a tourney it was on a server me and my buddies were on training. I left the server to swap toons, and couldn’t get back into the server kept getting the network error message. I tried right clinking their names in the party and hitting go to and nothing, I ended up not getting back in. Extremely frustrating. Then first round of the tourney I received the infinite loading bug. Annoying as hell.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in PvP

Posted by: Immo.9217

Immo.9217

Happened to me couple weeks ago 4/5 of our team got locked out of the match.

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

Its a nice bug that props up in the last map quite a bit. What seems to work is after you find that you have the “network issue” stop clicking go now, just leave it up. When the countdown ends it will port you inside, if you keep on clicking go now you will be locked out for the entire game. Also if you get booted from the game you will be unable to get back into it as well. As for the tournament rewards not showing up, they only appear on a map change. So after the full tournament is over a character swap or map change should give you the chest.

in PvP

Posted by: Maethar.5627

Maethar.5627

As said before, oftentimes waiting will get you sucked in.

If that doesn’t work join a hotjoin match quick to reset your loading and that should fix it.

in PvP

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

Happened to me too, ended up getting in the last minute with one teammate only. Also, once I reached final stage to find only 1 player against us (all his teammates were unable to join)

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

i believe it can happend when there is patching going on.

you basically have two tournaments running – one in new instance under new patch, one still running at old version.
since both version use same database structure, they do get different meassuress and there we go.. error.. or empty instance or you canĀ“t join.. whatever.

I think thats the main reason if issues like this.