MLG team comps?

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

Where can we find the team comps, builds etc from last week’s tourney?

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

I want to know how many viewers their were. I need a good laugh.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

1.5k, but it was probably the best gw2 tournament so far, both in match quality (except for dc’s) and match breaks.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

1.5k, but it was probably the best gw2 tournament so far, both in match quality (except for dc’s) and match breaks.

And out of those 1.5k how many could follow what was happening and how many were actually players and not AI. (the last part was a joke)

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

any help on my initial question?

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

Around 1.5 thousand, but keep in mind that it was announced only 2 days before the event and held during what was a very inconvenient timeslot for many people IMO.

I think someone is currently working on compiling them into a more presentable document, standby for a few days and Ill try to squeeze it out.

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

is 1,500 spectators to be considered a lot?
It does not look like it is a lot, but honestly I am not an expert on this so i will seek for more educated opinions.

[ROCK]
Desolation

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

If you compare it to other games right now, it’s pretty low, but not bad! There’s definitely some room for improvement, and we’re talking about ways we can help with that for future tournaments.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Give the prizes to the viewers (joke) I laughed, would bring in more of them

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

Allie, you guys need to add observer mode akin to Guild Wars 1 observer mode. “Spectator mode” as it is in it’s current form is useless. The reason being, we have no way to watch high end matches. We should be able to watch high-end tpvp matches from anywhere in the world at any time.

Also, similar to the system in place with LoL, (I remember when it was first introduced with LoL, it was atrocious, so I understand it may take time), there needs to be better camera operations to the spectators. We should be able to scroll through the map with ease to follow action that’s relevant to us. I think there also needs to be a menu option like the Guild/Hero/Map/WvW/PvP options at the top of the screen for ease of access.

The best way to get more viewers is to make users aware! Little notification, late notification, or notification that’s hard to find is what’s currently hurting viewership more than anything. You guys need to be BLASTING us with links and information regarding spectating. LoL makes the entire game menu a giant link to spectating the high end matches complete with photos of the players, team icons for players to rep their favorite teams, youtube videos embedded, etc. There’s just so much you guys can do (and should be doing!).

Lastly, this is the most important. The game needs to be fun to play for the masses before anyone will enjoy watching it. I know this is a major generalization but it’s true and it’s important and I can’t stress it enough. We need strong balancing, we need more game modes, we need more incentives and progression. Leagues for spvp/tpvp are needed to generate the interest.

-Zero (Achilles)

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

1.5k is a joke when you compare it to the 5k you had when custom arenas came out, and 5k was bad. Can’t really deny it anymore, PAX killed the already dying scene.

Yes your numbers in PvP may be increasing, but how many are on a level that would be considered ‘esports’ and how many are playing for anything more then the quickly daily achievement points?

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I am also extremely interested in the comps for the tournaments but not actually interested in watching… some text based resources would help immensely

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

(edited by Moderator)

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

You guys need to be BLASTING us with links and information regarding spectating. LoL makes the entire game menu a giant link to spectating the high end matches complete with photos of the players, team icons for players to rep their favorite teams, youtube videos embedded, etc. There’s just so much you guys can do (and should be doing!).
-Zero (Achilles)

Do you immagine if they bring back the hologram dragon in the Lion’s Arch (or something smaller) , advertising the channel ?
And a bottun at the options , so the RP guys cant see it ?

For example :
(some letter on the sky) <<Come and see the braviest of heros in an epiq battle !>>

(dragon sweep throught the letters / the letters fade)

<<At www.@.com in 21 days !>>

(dragon sweep throught the letters again / restart after 30 sec)

That way we dont have to force any1 to come in the PvP side
But rather enjoy the show , and come on their own if they wish , for the glory of the internet !!!

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

If you compare it to other games right now, it’s pretty low, but not bad! There’s definitely some room for improvement, and we’re talking about ways we can help with that for future tournaments.

Re posting this as it is a valid Idea.

How about a 15v15 GvG tournament?
all we will need is an arena where we we can use out WvW armor/accessories/food. I dont think that will be to hard to do.
I can name at least 10 guilds (10×15 = 150 players) that would jump on this tournament in a heartbeat!

just think about all the views this can get, its a win win for both sides

WvW guys always make me lol.. you guys would wipe in a blink of an eye in an actual PvP situation, and use the huge numbers (15v15) to shield you.

Also, Guild DeathZergmatch isn’t GvG. For educational purposes, this is GvG: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gvg

If ArenaNet would actually make a real GvG, most of theWvW guys couldn’t get to the top 1k… I bet.

Fun fact: GW1’s competitive GvG scene had more than 10k dedicated players. And it was only 1 gamemode. Your 150 is pretty meaningless.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Around 1.5 thousand, but keep in mind that it was announced only 2 days before the event and held during what was a very inconvenient timeslot for many people IMO.

I think someone is currently working on compiling them into a more presentable document, standby for a few days and Ill try to squeeze it out.

Hey blu, I’m the one who pinged you on reddit/twitter. I have the first match (vVv vs Sync) done and i’m going to try and finish the others by tomorrow.

In the future it’d really help if casters would make sure to mouseover the armor + weapon sets for each character for at least a second or two. I missed almost half the runes/sigils because the casters never even checked them!

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

Fun fact: GW1’s competitive GvG scene had more than 10k dedicated players. And it was only 1 gamemode. Your 150 is pretty meaningless.

10k dedicated guilds*

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

all we will need is an arena where we we can use out WvW armor/accessories/food. I dont think that will be to hard to do.
I can name at least 10 guilds (10×15 = 150 players) that would jump on this tournament in a heartbeat!

WvW guys always make me lol.. you guys would wipe in a blink of an eye in an actual PvP situation, and use the huge numbers (15v15) to shield you.

Also, Guild DeathZergmatch isn’t GvG. For educational purposes, this is GvG: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gvg

If ArenaNet would actually make a *real* GvG, most of theWvW guys couldn’t get to the top 1k... I bet.

If im not mistaken [GF] beat [CC] in this most recent tourney.

your argument is invalid since this isnt GW1.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

^ GF didnt beat CC..DC beat CC..i heard dc is very strong in gw2 :P

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

If ArenaNet would actually make a real GvG, most of theWvW guys couldn’t get to the top 1k… I bet.

Say GvGers are bad and cant get into the top 1k…. person saying this isnt even in the top 1k… Funny

Even funnier that I myself now GvG, I was a top PvP on a top NA team. So yea… your opinion is wrong.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Brando.1374

and who wont the tourney?
oh yea they also wont the first match due to a DC but I dont hear any complaints there.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

10k dedicated guilds*

Seeing as a guild only had to play a match or 2 to get on the leader board where you are getting your stats from, and GvG guilds in GW1 had multiple smurf guilds your numbers are WAY off.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

1.5k is a joke when you compare it to the 5k you had when custom arenas came out, and 5k was bad. Can’t really deny it anymore, PAX killed the already dying scene.

Yes your numbers in PvP may be increasing, but how many are on a level that would be considered ‘esports’ and how many are playing for anything more then the quickly daily achievement points?

This.. Unfortunately.
I’ve been very positive about GW2 and always defended it against “game is dead” type of people, but we have seriously reached a point where advertisement is not the issue.
It’s the gameplay.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

About 1,000 during the finals. Never hit 2,000 viewers. However, it was a well produced and casted tournament. And had some great matches.

The future growth argument doesn’t work with this saturated genre. Next year the next shiney MMO will get all the eSport love.

(edited by Xcom.1926)

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

About 1,000 during the finals. Never hit 2,000 viewers. However, the weird thing was it was fun to watch (mostly) and there were some great matches.

The future growth argument doesn’t work with this saturated genre. Next year the next shiney MMO will get all the eSport love.

Its actually kinda funny, for all the hate GvG is getting in this thread it stands probably the best chance of catching on as a 15 v 15 RPG style open combat game mode is unheard of in the industry. GW2 has the only current RvR game mode in the industry which is why they are trying to capitalize on that with leagues now.

There is a reason its pulling in near the same numbers of viewers when casted (without any fancy tools like spectator mode and custom servers) as sPvP events.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

oh yea they also wont the first match due to a DC but I dont hear any complaints there.

Yeah denial won cause of dc but then they followed this unfair benefit they got by winning all other teams they faced and stomping hard sync (the team that was at pax!) at the final. Denials winning cause of dc just proves that NN is a good team adn deseved a chance.It doesnt degrade denials performance and strength at all compared to the rest of the competition on that tournament.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

FYI – Nobody is stopping you 15v15 supporters from hosting your own tournaments. Just sayin’.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Say GvGers are bad and cant get into the top 1k…. person saying this isnt even in the top 1k… Funny

Even funnier that I myself now GvG, I was a top PvP on a top NA team. So yea… your opinion is wrong.

I’m talking about a top 1k GvG ladder.

And try searching in EU. I am at 97% Team Arena because my team stopped 4 months ago and ladder decay got me down from the top 200. 63% winrate.

But atm I’m still top 200 soloque.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Brando.1374

Yeah denial won cause of dc but then they followed this unfair benefit they got by winning all other teams they faced and stomping hard sync (the team that was at pax!) at the final. Denials winning cause of dc just proves that NN is a good team adn deseved a chance.It doesnt degrade denials performance and strength at all compared to the rest of the competition on that tournament.

Im not trying to take away the work they put in. im just pointing out that they to won their first round because of a DC.

but by you saying the rest of the competition pretty much sucked is just wrong. we had a WvW guild enter the tourney and take out the current champs of spvp.
and by all the hate and talking down we get you guys should have mopped the floor with us regardless since most people thing we rely on 15 players to be good.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

FYI – Nobody is stopping you 15v15 supporters from hosting your own tournaments. Just sayin’.

Logistics certainly are. How are you to find the ‘best GvG’ team when you cant at will play against another servers teams? You cant accurately schedule at the moment either as there is no guarantee you can get all 30 people into the BL by a set time.

It right now can only be a nice side game created by the community while we continue to petition you guys to actually add support for it through either expansion of custom arenas or a full fledge mode.

Good try though.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Brando.1374

in that case help us by creating an option is use out WvW gear/skills/food in a custom arena so we can get away from the current WvW bloodlust issue.
make it more expensive than a normal arena if you have to.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

No offense, but if you think that is the issue, you don’t get it. Is bad advertising and a bad time slot the reason for the abysmal participation rates in sPvP? If people aren’t playing, it people aren’t going to watch it.

You need to first make the game itself playable and fun and populated before thinking about advertising and marketing the eSports element. Without a solid foundation, you can market it to hell and back, but people aren’t going to be watching it.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

And try searching in EU. I am at 97% Team Arena because my team stopped 4 months ago and ladder decay got me down from the top 200. 63% winrate.

One hell of ladder decay… I stopped over a month ago and I have dropped to 400 from 150. Certainly not 800 spots.

Also SoloQ, lol. Ok.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

best game in the tourney imo Denial vs NN match 1

You can watch all the games on Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IOYBWQPOPQ
on MLG channel

would have prefered more player cam over the fixed ones

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

One hell of ladder decay… I stopped over a month ago and I have dropped to 400 from 150. Certainly not 800 spots.

Also SoloQ, lol. Ok.

Y soloque is luck based (and i am unlucky as hell). But you, despite playing a ranger (i assume spirit).. I’m amazed you aren’t shown.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Errant Venture.9371

Err where? They can’t do it in WvW anymore b/c bloodlust makes for unfair matches. They can’t do it in Custom Arenas b/c they’re TINY and have a 10 per team cap.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Mirror.7125

Mirror.7125

First u should add features, new game modes, even if they are just for fun, rewards, reset leaderboards, fix matchmaking, leaver penalty, new spectator mode, less animations, more interesting and actual skill orientated balance.
Because if you now, get new players into the game with tournaments, streams etc. they will not stay, why would they? There is absolutly no initiative to keep playing, you actualy feel like getting punished when you play.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Also SoloQ, lol. Ok.

Y soloque is luck based (and i am unlucky as hell). But you, despite playing a ranger (i assume spirit).. I’m amazed you aren’t shown.

Im not shown of SoloQ (I assume there is where you are looking) because after going 4-1 and having no real effect on the outcome of the match I just stopped playing it and went back to team queue.

Edit: While yes I was the ranger for [Soup], I predated the Spirit Ranger. Its not like I sat there and leached rank on my team. In fact I started as a Guard Bunker, played Necro, played Warrior, played Engi and then finally landed on Ranger when it became mandatory in a team comp.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Also SoloQ, lol. Ok.

Im not shown of SoloQ (I assume there is where you are looking) because after going 4-1 and having no real effect on the outcome of the match I just stopped playing it and went back to team queue.

Most likely went back to Zergmatch instead.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Also SoloQ, lol. Ok.

Someone not familiar with the NA team scene… are they… Wow.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Also SoloQ, lol. Ok.

Yes I should watch the NA mediocore scene all day all night :P

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Also SoloQ, lol. Ok.

Yes I should watch the NA mediocore scene all day all night :P

And we wonder why the PvP community is so hostile when you have responses like this.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Give the prizes to the viewers (joke) I laughed, would bring in more of them

Made me rofl hard lol

[WM]give us in game ladder

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Errant Venture.9371

How did this thread get so far off topic from the MLG team builds?

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Decrypter.1785

Because of angry gvgless people lol

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

Because of angry gvgless people lol

Or it was the second post which asked a completely unrelated question about viewership that has now taken over the thread and lead us here. But good troll try.

kitten

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Decrypter.1785

Also nobody is stopping you doing 15 v 15 gvg + ladder just sayin :P

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Are you saying for us to use the champs as guild lords? and what of the flag? but I see where this is going.

and what about the fact that

When will Custom Arenas be out of Beta?
-We have not set a date for the end of Beta. We want to get feedback from players on usability and shake out any bugs before opening it up to the general public.
-We are conducting a small closed Beta. Who can participate?
-Top players from our QP leaderboards will receive a Custom Arena and early access as part of their prize package.
-Some press and media sites.

If you purchased a Custom Arena while they were accidentally available on the gem store then you will be able to activate them at this time.
Additionally we are considering a small number of active community members.

Does that section need to be updated? Are they open to the general public?

~X

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Actually resources is stopping them, the fact that game doesn’t do too well when more than 10 people are in 1 area.

The fact that gvg only appeals to a small but vocal bunch that will evitably be the first to jump ship, like they always do anyways.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

i hope i’m not perpetuating the derailing of this thread but isn’t 15v15 an exploit? the only reason it has any footing is the mass amounts of loot bags obtained

MLG team comps?

in PvP

Decrypter.1785

Actually resources is stopping them, the fact that game doesn’t do too well when more than 10 people are in 1 area.

The fact that gvg only appeals to a small but vocal bunch that will evitably be the first to jump ship, like they always do anyways.

True theyve allready jumped shame