MMR hell explanation

MMR hell explanation

in PvP

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i dont get it

you say i need to play much much more games to get to legendary.

so good player will get there faster while bad player if play enough games will be there too.

what does it mean at the end of the season

who is good player
who is not

so why legendary mean as title

so if i am ruby atm (only 5 games per week max as i started to get clueless ppl so stop playing and started to test build instead) does it mean i am less skilled

so if legendary came out just to attract more pve players i get it but it sound like anet push it that community recognize skilled player. which is wrong atm by design

so i dont know if i am in mmr hell or used to be. i dont know if i need to play more games just to prove what . i am grinder pvp player.

i do know that when i play thief i manage to decap points and stomp and burst low ppl. while my team constantly died like in 10 sec in even or even uneven matches
i do know when i play mesmer and do 1v2 for 1 min my team cannot do 4v3
i do know when i play support mesmer i see ele dies in 3 sec on mid. while i manage to ress him and he died again over and over and over till i ask him to stay close and do nothing ( btw we won)
when i play guard (dwarf shiro build) i have fun and doing great if my team do rotation rights and not 3v1 on far while i am alone on mid holding it pinging the map like crazy….

so what legendary means?

MMR hell explanation

in PvP

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

I have to wonder what you guys that haven’t experienced this get out of constantly trying to explain to everyone how bad these players are. Do you feel compelled to justify your own win streaks.

Just to be clear, are you making the argument that you have a 20% winrate and it’s not your fault? I just want to make sure I know what you’re trying to say.

You’re also making a huge assumption with your math that people with poor winrates can play 100’s of games. I’ve maybe played 130 this season and I’m in legendary right now. And now I’m stuck because the progression gives me 3 wins… then 4 losses, rinse and repeat.

the ‘progress fairy’ doesn’t ‘give’ you 3 wins and 4 loses, you have simply progressed to the point where you are slightly below average. How else could it be, at some point this happens to all apart from the most skilled teams in legendary.

Slightly below average? The player pool is so small in legendary it keeps pitting me against people on the top of the leaderboards. So I don’t play it any more. And now people are complaining of hourlong queues in legendary. Funny how that works.

That’s not below average — that’s below the top players’ average.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

MMR hell explanation

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I have to wonder what you guys that haven’t experienced this get out of constantly trying to explain to everyone how bad these players are. Do you feel compelled to justify your own win streaks.

Just to be clear, are you making the argument that you have a 20% winrate and it’s not your fault? I just want to make sure I know what you’re trying to say.

You’re also making a huge assumption with your math that people with poor winrates can play 100’s of games. I’ve maybe played 130 this season and I’m in legendary right now. And now I’m stuck because the progression gives me 3 wins… then 4 losses, rinse and repeat.

the ‘progress fairy’ doesn’t ‘give’ you 3 wins and 4 loses, you have simply progressed to the point where you are slightly below average. How else could it be, at some point this happens to all apart from the most skilled teams in legendary.

Slightly below average? The player pool is so small in legendary it keeps pitting me against people on the top of the leaderboards. So I don’t play it any more. And now people are complaining of hourlong queues in legendary. Funny how that works.

But, you are in legendary? what do you expect to face? noobs?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

MMR hell explanation

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Why have matchmaking consider MMR range if it’s just going to ignore it half the time?

One foot out the door, yet again.

MMR hell explanation

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Matchmaking considers all legends as ‘the same’ for pip purposes, seems fine to me. If you aren’t good enough then you’re not good enough (like me, I’m not good enough).

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

MMR hell explanation

in PvP

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

No. But being pitted against the very very top of the top players every time? I’m in legendary, not E-Sports League.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

MMR hell explanation

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

No. But being pitted against the very very top of the top players every time? I’m in legendary, not E-Sports League.

^
“I’m in a volcano, not a hot place.”

NSPride <3

MMR hell explanation

in PvP

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

sorry, but i am on a 19 loss streak after i got to diamond…now whether or not i can finish League Conqeuror is beyond me..because as it stands that god kitten ed achievement to get wings is impossible NOW and will be next season due to my loss streak NOW