Match Manipulation

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

That amount of Dishonor essentially bans them for the entire season. I doubt they’d care if they were banned from the main game or WvW.

I would IP ban them all together, permanently, at least those who abused account sharing. Adding dishonor won’t do anything.

You can’t IP-ban knowing most clients in the world are using the same IPv4-address behind a NAT from their provider, to save money.
Thought you would know this.

Banning the IPv4 address could result in banning hundreds of people carelessly.
IPv6 isn’t really a thing in providers their NAT’ing, just so people know here.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Would personally prefer to see them all banned.

This route seems too light a punishment to me.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

That amount of Dishonor essentially bans them for the entire season. I doubt they’d care if they were banned from the main game or WvW.

I would IP ban them all together, permanently, at least those who abused account sharing. Adding dishonor won’t do anything.

You can’t IP-ban knowing most clients in the world are using the same IPv4-address behind a NAT from their provider, to save money.

Just blacklist the layer 2 address instead

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: neven.3785

neven.3785

While i know you dont want people messing with the precious esport, but can you also apply dishonour to WvW so you cant enter a map since its still a PvP mode

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

While i know you dont want people messing with the precious esport, but can you also apply dishonour to WvW so you cant enter a map since its still a PvP mode

Where is the logic in that?

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

There is such thing as blacklist and there is such thing as customer support ticket if by some chance “innocent” player got affected.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Frostball.9108

Frostball.9108

So now that you are talking, Gaile, I have a question:

Does ANET punish accounts by downrating them during the season so they get worse games? Was my account so punished? Is that why I got 68 straight losses?

I got inspired by this post. Id give 1k gold to see someone lose 68 games in a row and be able to prove it. I dont think itd be possible even if you tried.

It’s actually not that inconceivable. There has to be at any given point, a “worst player in the queue” that player presumably will be losing nearly all their matches, and if for whatever reason that player is really determined and does not give up, they could end up with a loss streak with no upper bounds.

It is. Try doing it yourself. The game forces you to win games.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Does ANET punish accounts by downrating them during the season so they get worse games? Was my account so punished? Is that why I got 68 straight losses?

I got inspired by this post. Id give 1k gold to see someone lose 68 games in a row and be able to prove it. I dont think itd be possible even if you tried.

It’s actually not that inconceivable. There has to be at any given point, a “worst player in the queue” that player presumably will be losing nearly all their matches, and if for whatever reason that player is really determined and does not give up, they could end up with a loss streak with no upper bounds.

Not really, the matchmaker grabs the ten closest players in terms of rating, and then matches them into teams. While someone with abysmal rating will almost certainly be matched with the better 4 of the 10, there is no guarantee of the bad player being forced to win.

Also being afk is not the worst thing a player can be. Players that can navigate to a fight but can’t target/activate skills consistently are far more detrimental than a afk.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

Incorrect. Although I will admit that this was during one of the early “competitive” seasons.

As a secondary question: I’d like to know if the game is still deliberately setting up a winning side.

My question is; Was it simply the system designed to give win streaks? Or, (as I was told, ) was my account deliberately downrated to be consistently on the losing side?

If my account was punished.. that is a singulary ineffective way to do it. When a player is kittened, make sure they lose more. That way they’’ll feel better and be less anti social. Oh and don’t tell them why they are losing.

else if my account was not being punished, why was the system set up that harshly biased and is it still biased?

If the bias is still in the system it could be an explanation for the current match quality. Was that code properly returned to making 50/50 matches?

I once tried to throw all my placements to experience the bronze life, couldn’t do it. Won 2-3 of the 10. One game I was rushing lord at start with a zerker staff ele and we ended up 3capping them because 3 of them started chasing after me to their lord.

Had to go afk because clearly, throwing the game had the opposite effect, but we had such a momentum the enemy couldn’t win in a 4v5.

And you say you managed to lose 60+ because Anet has nothing better to do than to mess with your account and make you lose? I don’t believe it, but if it’s true maybe you should make a guide about it.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Frostball.9108

Incorrect. Although I will admit that this was during one of the early “competitive” seasons.

As a secondary question: I’d like to know if the game is still deliberately setting up a winning side.

My question is; Was it simply the system designed to give win streaks? Or, (as I was told, ) was my account deliberately downrated to be consistently on the losing side?

If my account was punished.. that is a singulary ineffective way to do it. When a player is kittened, make sure they lose more. That way they’’ll feel better and be less anti social. Oh and don’t tell them why they are losing.

else if my account was not being punished, why was the system set up that harshly biased and is it still biased?

If the bias is still in the system it could be an explanation for the current match quality. Was that code properly returned to making 50/50 matches?

Its not incorrect.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

@ThreatTopic

I do think this is a good first step, but I do believe a harsher penalty is in order if the fixing/cheating is proven.

Someone suggested rewards be taken away from those involved. Such as any titles/skins achieved during the time.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Here’s the page; https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm

Scoring/Dishonor/@distance

Score added or removed based on the distance between the potential roster’s total dishonor and the total dishonor of all selected rosters, including both teams.

Scoring/Dishonor/@stack

Score added or removed per stack of dishonor the potential roster has on any of its members.

Dishonor also impacts matchmaking by preferring to place you with other players that also have dishonor. This isn’t a separate queue, but merely a suggestion to the matchmaking system.
It’s possible to have stacks of dishonor without having an active timeout because dishonor decays at a much slower rate.

Is that how ANET responds to reports? Are the match manipulators still able to play but with bad matches?

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Bergamont.2497

Bergamont.2497

Score added or removed based on the distance between the potential roster’s total dishonor and the total dishonor of all selected rosters, including both teams.

Scoring/Dishonor/@stack

Score added or removed per stack of dishonor the potential roster has on any of its members.

Since “dishonor” as it is normally understood would prevent the player from queueing, this appears to imply that there is another internal usage of “dishonor.”

Is that the case? If so, what type of dishonor did these people get? How is that “awarded” and by whom?

Is that how ANET responds to reports?

@Ithilwen.1529 please stop trying to make this thread about you and start your own thread, you are straying too far from the original topic. The odds of losing 60+ matches in a row is extremely low and I imagine extremely disheartening. I would not wish this on anyone. While I understand your concerns, it is off topic here and should get more appropriate attention in its’ own thread. I hope this never happens to you again!

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Frostball.9108

@ Frostball

You are factually incorrect. As the saying goes, “I was there.” I complained bitterly about it on forum at the time and was disparaged as “just bad” and quite a few other descriptions.

Another player reported 100 straight losses.. though that is only hearsay.

@ NotASmurf.1725

I’m sorry you chose to throw games. I was doing my best, every game. Ethics demanded it in my opinion.

Again, I’d like to know three things from ANET:

Was my account punished? (actually my alt account which I played through to getting The Ascension through sheer grind.)

Why were matches set up with such a harsh bias?

Is the matchmaker still making biased matches?

How hard is it to understand im talking about the current state of the game, the current matchmaking. Heres when i would say in all caps im not talking in past tense you —-— —-—. And again, no i am not incorrect.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

It’s clear that I’m wandering off topic and that I’m unlikely to get an answer. I apologize.

@ Frostball. I am talking about the current state of the game and the coding thereof. BTW it’s Ms, -.- -.- -.- -.- to you.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Scoring/Dishonor/@stack

Dishonor also impacts matchmaking by preferring to place you with other players that also have dishonor. This isn’t a separate queue, but merely a suggestion to the matchmaking system.
It’s possible to have stacks of dishonor without having an active timeout because dishonor decays at a much slower rate.

Is that how ANET responds to reports? Are the match manipulators still able to play but with bad matches?

if you think you have dishonor, just queue and don’t accept it. If you can’t play for more than 3 minutes you have stacks of dishonor.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Scoring/Dishonor/@stack

if you think you have dishonor, just queue and don’t accept it. If you can’t play for more than 3 minutes you have stacks of dishonor.

This wouldn’t work. The wiki states that dishonor stacks for the purpose of matchmaking decay at a much slower rate than the timeouts. You can play with a serious dishonor handicap and never know it.

Mesmerising Girl

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: NeedCoffee.1402

NeedCoffee.1402

Thank you for the good news Gaile. I was considering playing MxM for a while until the manipulation died down.

Asus RIVE * i7 3820 E @4.7 Ghz (on air) * Asus GTX 670 * Asus VG248QE * 16gb G-Skill Ripjaw z 2133

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Scoring/Dishonor/@stack

This wouldn’t work. The wiki states that dishonor stacks for the purpose of matchmaking decay at a much slower rate than the timeouts. You can play with a serious dishonor handicap and never know it.

read it again. Your timeouts are based on your “invisible” dishonor stacks. If you have them and miss a queue you will get a longer timeout. If you don’t believe me miss two queues in a row. the second timeout will be longer than the first.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Luci.7018

Luci.7018

A message from the PvP team:

We have received many reports this season about match manipulation both here on the forums and via in-game reports. Our investigation revealed that a few players were sharing a handful of accounts, which is clearly against our User Agreement.

While the investigation into this is still ongoing, at this time we have enough evidence to take action. As a result, we’ve decided to give dishonor to the offending accounts for the rest of the season. As our investigation continues, further action may be taken should we feel it appropriate.

So these players and their manipulation accs’ are getting Season length Dishonour for sharing accounts to enable ease of Manipulation. Are they being punished for violating the UA, or for the manipulation? One would assume for both but reading this, if these players Manipulated without sharing accounts (like many other players who queue dodge/sync), will they also be investigated?

I personally don’t think players who queue dodge. Cheaters, Throwers, or Trolls should be punished. More so when the game evaluate their rating vs the whole of the enemy team.

All the other stuff. It’s in my firmest belief that ANet. Should just go full frontal and show no mercy. As these players had no mercy, when they pretty much made PvP completely unplayable for some of us. Remember ANet, all you have to do is look a the account metrics to see the type of impact these cheaters and trolls had on population directly. I am 97% these people are mostly directly responsible of the low population in PvP atm.

This is coming from someone would used sPvP like no tomorrow. To now can’t be ask to be a sheep for the cheaters to boost off of. Any other MMOs I’ve played, would have started deleting accounts, because of huge negative impact these people had on their game’s population. I’m just going to recommend the same be done here.

I am pretty sure its the 96.999%

On break

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Good to see some action. I had given up hope.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

So have you punished Posi on his Alt accs aswell? Or still holding thé hand above his head?

He threw pretty much Every match Ive been in with him. Just saying

-Sâmbuca

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

There is such thing as blacklist and there is such thing as customer support ticket if by some chance “innocent” player got affected.

Customer Support? The very thing you are questioning yourself in many threads?
Punishing hundreds of innocent players for the sake of yourself?
Logic over 9000.

As I said, IP-banning is not possible in current networksystem.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Terrorsquad.2349

Just blacklist the layer 2 address instead

Just so you know; that’s only possible in a network. (eg a LAN since the switch(es) and data contains the MAC of the sender)
Going from PC 1 in America going to PC 2 in Europe through many servers, switches and routers; it does not contain the layer 2 information of the original sender.

However; this is being kept by the first switch and router from PC1’s side.
You can’t impossible demand a provider to show this information as its classified.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Since the gw2 client is installed, anet could demand whatever information they want from the client’s pc. If they can’t IP ban, they could use whatever they need from the client’s computer to ban.

Ranger | Elementalist

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I once tried to throw all my placements to experience the bronze life, couldn’t do it.

You’re the reason why I’m afraid to dream at night.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Customer Support? The very thing you are questioning yourself in many threads?
Punishing hundreds of innocent players for the sake of yourself?
Logic over 9000.

As I said, IP-banning is not possible in current networksystem.

They are actually relative quick on technical side… it is the player griefing that rarely gets attention.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: newbihack.7180

newbihack.7180

Good! but this came in way late, since people like me are already left or leaving for good. I am still on the game whenever I get the chance to play, but not like before.

Thank you for your services Anet.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Kaburro.4712

Kaburro.4712

Good! but this came in way late, since people like me are already left or leaving for good. I am still on the game whenever I get the chance to play, but not like before.

Thank you for your services Anet.

I feel you bro, Now I only play when Im drunk as kite (like now) just cos I got nothing better to do. today I found some ppl throwing matches on purpose but guess what! Dont give a frak

PS.: As Im writing this match is on progress… so you know

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Or make them walk naked from Lion’s Arch to Divinity’s Reach.

Shame! Shame! Shame! * ding *

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: NeedCoffee.1402

NeedCoffee.1402

It helped for like a day. Now manipulators are just playing bad on purpose. Rushing 1v3, x2 players cap far, leaving a cap half way before its capped. there has been a crazy amount of complaints in mapchat about bad players this weekend…..wonder why.

Asus RIVE * i7 3820 E @4.7 Ghz (on air) * Asus GTX 670 * Asus VG248QE * 16gb G-Skill Ripjaw z 2133

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

You forgot tying them behind the Dolyakcart and lashing them as they walk… I knew there were good things about being a late Medieval/ Renaissance MMO.

Mesmerising Girl

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: qbalrog.8017

qbalrog.8017

Dishonour on them. Dishonour on their family. Dishonour on their cow.

I’m good with them and family but the cow!?!

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

You forgot tying them behind the Dolyakcart and lashing them as they walk… I knew there were good things about being a late Medieval/ Renaissance MMO.

Too light. They should be drawn and quartered.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Demonftw.4705

Demonftw.4705

I would rather have Anet invest their limited resources into banning people who are actively trolling and ruining games for the 4 others who are trying to win instead of people who are acc sharing and have people who are also trying to win.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Lilyanna.9361

Lilyanna.9361

FINALLY.
Please, just start banning all of the ones who sit there laughing and twirling their mustaches like they are a Saturday morning cartoon villains.

I’d prefer them having harsher punishments, but for now I suppose this can do since there needs to be some form of investigations.

Continue what you need to do Anet!

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

with lasers.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Bergamont.2497

Bergamont.2497

A message from the PvP team:

We have received many reports this season about match manipulation both here on the forums and via in-game reports. Our investigation revealed that a few players were sharing a handful of accounts, which is clearly against our User Agreement.

While the investigation into this is still ongoing, at this time we have enough evidence to take action. As a result, we’ve decided to give dishonor to the offending accounts for the rest of the season. As our investigation continues, further action may be taken should we feel it appropriate.

@Gaile

So to be clear – they are being punished for account sharing primarily and not for match manipulation?

It would be beneficial to the community as a whole if Anet could release a clear and concise statement on where they stand when it comes to Match and Leaderboard Manipulation; and sticky it to the top of this forum.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

I’ve now reported the same player twice, with screenshots of him either admitting to match manipulation or asking me to DC, and yet I’m still seeing him in matches. Not really clear on who’s getting banned if I send incontrovertible evidence and nothing happens.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

What’s not real about it? If you have an IPv6 address then it’s there and it’s yours. An ISP might be using a NAT for IPv4 but that has everything to do with the cost of IPv4 and has nothing to do with IPv6.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Devilman.1532

Devilman.1532

Truly pathetic response Anet tho I am truly surprised you did anything at all. it took several season of likely thousands of reports and tickets and posts here and elsewhere for you to give these jerks what amounts to a meaningless alp on the wrist? LOL These cheaters are laughing at you right now straight up laughing. Laughing while they fire up other alt accounts to do the same cheater stuff they have been doing… lol dishonor lol…

What would it take for you to ban these terrible cheaters? Would they have to break into your offices and smash your potato servers to pieces with hammers? I mean come on….

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Nothing.4953

Nothing.4953

Truly pathetic response Anet tho I am truly surprised you did anything at all. it took several season of likely thousands of reports and tickets and posts here and elsewhere for you to give these jerks what amounts to a meaningless alp on the wrist? LOL These cheaters are laughing at you right now straight up laughing. Laughing while they fire up other alt accounts to do the same cheater stuff they have been doing… lol dishonor lol…

What would it take for you to ban these terrible cheaters? Would they have to break into your offices and smash your potato servers to pieces with hammers? I mean come on….

Their investigation is still ongoing, I’m sure there will be a follow up post about match manipulation once they’re done with their investigation. They may come down with harsher punishments for those who deserve it once they have a better idea of how bad things are.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

So have you punished Posi

random comment here, but Posi sounds eerily familiar to this Pocy character I faced in global agenda a long time ago…

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

This is nothing but kabuki theater. They don’t actually care.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Glad to see some action being taken, but I fear this won’t be enough. These accounts and any other accounts used by these players should be closely monitored and punished ASAP when an offence is committed.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

will there be a ban list to name and shame if this even happens?

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: JMoney.8207

JMoney.8207

I agree i think they should have banned them :/

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: Chilliporridge.6749

Chilliporridge.6749

I would rather have Anet invest their limited resources into banning people who are actively trolling and ruining games for the 4 others who are trying to win instead of people who are acc sharing and have people who are also trying to win.

Pretty ironic how you want Anet to ban trolls when you’re actively disrespecting players by targeting teammates for no reason and then claiming they have issues, playing the victim card and then going AFK.

Match Manipulation

in PvP

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Needs to be greater punishment for match manipulation, deliberate player idling, and cheating