Matchmaking doesn't seem improved

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Comparing the matchmaking from yesterday with todays matchmaking it feels really really strange.

Yesterday I played with and against know (ex Top 250) players, won most of the time (and ended the day with a + in points), so my matchmaking should not have taken a big hit.

Today I had both, good players and new-ish. F.e. a downstate-mesmer, people leaving spots open and not paying any attention and jsut running around to zerg and at the end even a ranger who used ‘Rampage As One’ right on the spawn / at the start of the game – on purpose – to get the swiftness – while having ‘Signet of the Hunt’ equipped.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Sars.8792

Sars.8792

I like the old set up a lot of match making and leader board …you’d wait a few mins more in queue but you’d get a better match imo.

The leader boards were also better they just needed to remove decay altogether and full reset it every so often.. and make it take a little more than 15 games or whatever to get your mmr up at start. That would have removed the only 2 problems i saw with it.

the new leaderboards… ogod

Also now you can just queue with 2-3 people that are decent get a pop in a min vs mostly soloq people with any mmr skill level is seems. and farm at 90% win rate or whatever… meh.

even soloq in old team queue was way better matches than this imo.

in PvP

Posted by: lindstroem.3601

lindstroem.3601

Last match: Whole team(!) got disconnect in load screen and got farmed from a premade 500:0 afterwards as a full soloq group. This game is so broken, cant fight words for it. Iam done for today. This aint getting better.

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

i get stuck with pugs way below my level of play all the time, sometimes to the point where it feels like they just got the game.

best way to handle it is just to go afk the rest of the game after you score at least once so that the game goes faster, meaning bad pugs end up wasting less of your time. fun way to punish bad players for queuing.

That makes no sense. You have a “feeling” that the people are new so you don’t play when your losing…. IDK sounds like you get outplayed don’t communicate well with your team and rage AFK….

I always give them a chance until they have proven they’re terrible by outright losing every even teamfight, repeatedly feeding the other team by walking into 1vX type scenarios, losing points/fights when they have number advantages, rotate like blind children, etc.

if my team plays well and we just get outplayed in a decently fair game im 100% fine with that.

but if anet wants to waste my time by pairing me with bad players i’m going to do everything in my power to make sure they waste as little of it as possible.

solo queuing in this game is like playing russian roulette

(edited by sinject.4607)

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

Easily the worst pvp update in the history of the game… it almost feels like the game is in beta again.

Getting fed to premades in solo queue… so dumb. And it happens too often.

Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Not just premades. Its generally imbalanced 90% of the time. Its either 500-50 or 50-500. No matter if winning or losing my contribution hardly ever matters. When I’m on the winner team, they could have done it with even 4v5, so me running around killing things does not change much. Maybe the match is over a little sooner, but thats all. And when losing… well then not contributing actually helps, because it allows you to get out of there sooner. Its really not fun, to run in, get ganked in less than 10 seconds, respawn, rinse and repeat…

Anet has to come up with some realistic personal MMR to compose balanced teams. And player skill level is the first priority when deciding a team’s potential. 5 skilled thieves can destroy a noobie meta setup team. But never the other way around…

So proper personal MMR first and foremost! This shltty matchmaking system is killing all the competitive feel from the game.

enthusiastic noob

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Actually idk if it because i talk to my team or make plans before hand or I just get lucky and get matched with cool people but i’ve had more matches end 350-500 or 400-500 then 50-500 or 0-500. Just my personal experiences. I’ve had more GGWP then GG lol.

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: SYPHA.9283

SYPHA.9283

I just fought a five-man with five solo players. Neither side had any fun.

I hope the developers are enjoying their vacation!!

Whats wrong with the leaderboards?
Isnt someone that cant play their class, has a 48% win ratio, supposed to be in the top 5
Versus much other skilled players with much higher win ratios and know their class???

RIP

in PvP

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Rank Points Name Character Wins Losses Win %
75% 9 Yumiko Ishida.3769 Hikari Kyoko Ishida 10 5 66.67%

This is what I have now with 20 wins ranked (12)+ unranked (8) on my guardian most used (67% or more) and I mostly play ele and guardian who are my lv 80s in PvE. As I feel strongly that a homegrown lv 80 in PvE is ideal for PvP instead of a fresh lv 2 class. I seem to have won about 2 to 5 games in a row usually every play session with no blowouts, yet I get a loss here and there with triple professions and lose by about 200-300 in both ranked and unranked once in awhile.

I’ll have everyone know that I just started out with ranked/unranked pvp outside of hot joins/customs with the allure of the reward tracks and the new system as it was friendlier for us “newbs” and we can farm the stuff for pve without too much stress or insults. Seeing my stats above, I seem to be doing quite well with my guardian and elmentalist and have won my solo joined matches on necro and engi when the daily is up using my own builds.

I only have to say I hate the fact I’m getting triple mesmers and engis on the opposite side with meta builds that seem to not be counter-able even when its not the daily for that class.

I had cases where I would die in one hit in half a second without seeing what they even did. That is not fun even for a beginner that knows their Guardian or Elementalist very well. The multiples of a single profession needs to stop.

Did I mention I only enter alone to be paired up with others?

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Just played a 5 pug vs abjured. Can we admit this new matchmaking is a fail yet?

in PvP

Posted by: Animus.6453

Animus.6453

I just fought a four-man group with five solo players. It was the second time in a row I, as a solo player, was matched up against them, except the previous match I at least had a three-man group (of three guardians) in my team to beat them with.

itok, we already know we are trash.

Vae The Spectre – Thief
[itok] We Already Know We Are Trash

in PvP

Posted by: singinggecko.5736

singinggecko.5736

Man I feel bad for this Justin guy. I think matchmaking is better for me and just wanted to make sure that people see it didn’t hurt everyone. Thanks for letting us know what’s going on. Sorry on the behalf of everyone else for any headaches.

in PvP

Posted by: santso.9201

santso.9201

i dont know if there should be different kind of arenas like in gw1( random arena which is like matchmaking now, team arena for only pre-made and some kind third ’’hc’’ arena like hall of heroes was in original game) and youneed to progress first throught random arenas(but tied to rank points rather than wins like it was in first game) to actually get in last tier. or something like that, im new in pvp in gw2 anywäy but liked it in original game.

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

Matchmaking is clearly better, i haven’t faced many premades recently, and matchs are close. Only issues are due to meta, not with MMR itself. However i think there might be a bug on leaderboards.

I just checked the #2, he has +1 win and + 3 loses but he remains at the same number of rating points. I mean, how can this even happen. Alternatively , for a few days, all my wins seem to be +1 only, but i’m only around #300..
If this is working as intended, then i will start to agree that this rewards maybe too much the number of games played..

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

Today ive been another victim of this bad matchmaking system. After 6th arena game i was vs 2 (maybe more) teams pros from 55hp monks and they destroyed us wihout any effort. Its no fun@!

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

Last games soloque team arena was perfect, maybe there was some ninja update.

And the truth is you don’t get soloquers vs premades (well, unless you going team arena not in prime time/late night, especially when getting same people). If you would ask your teammates if they are in party answer would be they are in 2-3 friends party, and you are only or 2nd soloquer in team.

And even somebody have many loses, it doesn’t mean they are bad. Most of games ended very close 401-500 / 499-500, plus random game disconnects that makes you instant lose.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

3 Bunker Guards in team again. I feel like most of my loses lately are just due to class stacking. And we can’t even change, because we lose ladder points on change.
GG Anet.

in PvP

Posted by: Obstacle.9253

Obstacle.9253

match making is joke

in 10 games i faced 3 full premade teams, and in another game i had 2 level 25 500ap players that had no clue what was going on

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

3 Bunker Guards in team again. I feel like most of my loses lately are just due to class stacking. And we can’t even change, because we lose ladder points on change.
GG Anet.

I’ve been seeing a lot of class stacking too. Played a team yesterday that was 3 rangers and 2 thieves.

Team balance matters.

in PvP

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

When solo queuing how many consecutive losses does it take for the match making to correct itself. You’d think after so many it would either team you with better players or against worse players. (ofc given said player is also one of/if not the top performer on team)

I wonder what the record for loses is? 20?

Serenity now~Insanity later

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@ANET: Nice try creating something new, but it hasn’t worked. I miss having good matches. The old system, although flawed, gave a much better experience.

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

@ANET: Nice try creating something new, but it hasn’t worked. I miss having good matches. The old system, although flawed, gave a much better experience.

This pretty much sums up my thought too. I’ve given the new system a chance and i don’t much care for it. I used to look forward to getting on each day to play solo queue, now when i get on i expect kittenty games and to rage quit within a hour.

in PvP

Posted by: Dragona.4062

Dragona.4062

after playing about 200 matches with the new system this it how it works for me:

1. I look at the comps we do have
2. I look at the achievement points my players have
3. I see how the first engage is going and how my team behaves
4. I decide to actually play the match or decide to afk the match and skype or whatever the kitten is more useful

Problem is definetely if you have a crap team, you might consider that not like in any other competetive e-sports game, you will not have the “turning point” moment ever in this game, so why would you play if your team is losing and you know it will be the same result, no matter how hard you try.
Any good player can tell after the first 2-5 minutes whether the game will be a loss or a win.

[FoF]

Call me Jack, Jacky or your Nightmare.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^ You decide to play the match or afk?….

Good attitude.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: kpeatop.9458

kpeatop.9458

Hi guys,

I have a few questions regarding the matchmaking system.
From lvl 1 to 25 at Unranked arena I was like 50 50.
From lvl 25 and above I`m on a constant losing streak – till now I think that I reached 20 games losing streak.
What happens at lvl 25?
Is it still Unranked arena or is it Team arena?

in PvP

Posted by: SYPHA.9283

SYPHA.9283

after playing about 200 matches with the new system this it how it works for me:

4. I decide to actually play the match or decide to afk the match and skype or whatever the kitten is more useful

Problem is definetely if you have a crap team, you might consider that not like in any other competetive e-sports game, you will not have the “turning point” moment ever in this game, so why would you play if your team is losing and you know it will be the same result, no matter how hard you try.
Any good player can tell after the first 2-5 minutes whether the game will be a loss or a win.

Actually, you can tell within the 1st minute. When i run to cap home and have it half way flipped and 2 just run there to half cap it….ITS A RAP

in PvP

Zoso.8279

A few days ago I was playing a match 350-430 we had far/mid capped and home contested. A teammate said GG and stayed in the camp AFK…. Our team ends up winning mid and neutralize/cap home we had 3 capped them and 3 were waiting to respawn but one enemy had ran their home and another to our home so it was a 1v1 home we had won mid BUT! Since buddy boy decided he knew soooo much he didn’t run to secure far! We had 3 capped for around 5 seconds if he had been on point we could of had it for longer and most likely won the match……………………… Sadly mid didn’t get to far fast enough and since we had to split from mid once buddy boy realized that he caused us the match and went back to help we had lost mid and far and went to losing the match.

I’ve had matches that start 0-100 and turn and end 500-400 so idk what you mean lack of “turning point” its called 3 capping or getting good… If you AFK your honestly just probably a bad player. Funny most ppl who rage and AFK complain they are always teamed up with new players or unskilled players….. hmmm maybe their is a reason for that.

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Had to post these because this is so hilariously bad.

1st game today because every now and then I think ranked matchmaking won’t be awful starts as a 4v5 against a full premade team full of capable players I recognize, then the chat in the first screenshot happened… Poor player who said they were put there from tutorial asked what color we were later in the match. This was about 9:40 ish AM EST.

I’m going to try to add a few more… they took place around 9:55 AM EST, 10:05, and10:40.

I’ve had bad runs of losses in the old system, but never complete blow outs like this. I really think something needs to happen with the matchmaking, not nearly as good as advertised. I would go back to the old way of waiting 5 or 6 minutes for a map I didn’t get to vote on if it meant the matches were more even.

Attachments:

(edited by Roe.3679)

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

The matchmaking for me this week has been interesting. When I’ve had a good game I’ve had a very balanced game where the players were of similar skill, but every game where there has been an imbalance I’ve been on the hilariously worse side. I’ve lost way more than I’ve won recently.

The first picture is an example of a good game. Then look at the second picture.

Attachments:

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

I’m actually wondering what’s happening when you do win a 4v5 from start. We won one earlier, and when checking the leaderboards, it did count as a lose( or didn’t count at all..)

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

they say it’s just a game, but playing unranked all day, and only have 2 wins to show out of over 20 games is severely depressing, and not fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Might I ask why you prefer to solo instead of find a team? Is it that you don’t like the time and effort involved with finding other people? Is it the casual aspect of being non-committed to others?

Also, why do you not enjoy being put against pre-mades? Is it that they have an advantage with communication?

Because of all of the reasons above.

Lets face it; making a team is a drag, making the team play in certain way is a drag, making the team get on TS is a drag, making ALL the team-members be online at the same time EVERY TIME is a drag. Finding people that fulfill all of these requirements is a drag.

There is a reason teams exist even though all of these dragfull things happen every time you want to make a team and it is because they have:

>Communication and coordination.

>Knowledge of their team-members personal skills, builds, etc etc..

>Willingness to cooperate with each other (aka build coordination, no purposely grieving, etc)

>Resistance to morale attacks (they are less likely to take constructive criticism bad and retaliate, personal attacks from enemy usually results on entire ally team retaliating agaisnt said person, increasing in-team morale, and I think we can all agree morale is very important to a team and a player since it promotes motivation and inhibits grieving/trolling)

Basically they have a GIANT edge over a 5 p.u.g. , assuming that the 5 p.u.g. are skilled/willing to cooperate/on top shape. There is no reason to believe the 5 man pre-made couldnt have any of these qualities too.

tl;dr given similar skills/willingness to cooperate, a 5 man-premade will always have an edge 5 p.u.g. of similar players.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Icaruk.5401

Icaruk.5401

I just played vs 5 man premade. In addition we were 4 randoms on my team. So fun!

(edited by Icaruk.5401)

in PvP

Posted by: Zaix.2480

Zaix.2480

Having half my matches be against premades makes me very disinterested in playing. They should be forced to play ranked or something.

Blackgate zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Shepherd.5839

Shepherd.5839

Yeah so seriously… when can we get team and solo ranked again please? Because merged I believe at least 75% of all my matches have been against at least partial if not full premades…. couple that with how overpowered celestial currently is means PvP is pretty depressing to play still. Started having fun playing this game again but with the current setup, pvp is off the table and I mean, full zerk pve gets boring fast.

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

^ You decide to play the match or afk?….

Good attitude.

good players are able to easily measure a team’s overall strength by gauging it’s composition and then gauging it’s individual players and their strength. comparing your own team, the enemy team, and both teams’ initial progress will usually tell you exactly how the game is going to play out. the more experienced you are the easier this is to do.

his “good attitude” is simply logical and level-headed. the concept of forfeiting exists for a reason, as it’s absolutely disillusion to think that any good can come from continuing to play and on a team that is clearly and unavoidably headed towards a loss.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

So… Afking is a sign of skill.

Kk, got it.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Zoso.8279

So… Afking is a sign of skill.

Kk, got it.

LMAO!!! +100000000000.

Only pros AFK didn’t u know?….. /sarcasm

A little scenario for you all.

“Skilled player” – Im always being matched with noobs wtf! So I AFK because they are so bad whats the point?
Good player – Why do you AFK? Don’t you know the closer the game is the more points you get and not only climb ladder but get paired with higher skilled ppl
“Skilled player” – No ANET has to fix this because Im good because well I say I am so its true!
Good player – L2P you AFK/Rage quit NOOB!

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Speaking solely from a systems standpoint, this is the worst state PvP has been in since matches required tournament tickets. Honestly, this game is in a disastrous state right now.

But I hope the developers are enjoying their vacations. Although I’m curious about the rationale behind dropping a buggy, problem-ridden set of features before AFKing for a month. I wonder how that would work out at my place of employment.

“We only do things when they are ready” -ArenaNet.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

(edited by Celtus.8456)

in PvP

Posted by: klarkc.3754

klarkc.3754

It’s so fair…

11:00 PM server time SoR server

Attachments:

(edited by klarkc.3754)

in PvP

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

I’m an average player, skillwise, at best, yet 2 hours ago I ended up on spiritwatch vs a team containing The Lord Helseth.

How does someone like me get put in the same grouping as the mesmer from TCG?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I think that matchmaking has improved significantly. A fair percentage of my games lately have been close and hard fought.

Others have been steamrollers, especially when I encountered the same team in 2 or 3 matches in a row.

My suspicion is that this is because there are relatively few players available. So bad matches are inevitable. The alternative would be very long queue waits.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

This matchmaking system is very frustrating and flawed. Sure I don’t mind facing premades when I am solo ranking/unranking, but always stacking them as my opponents and making me carry 3~4 other individuals who only zerg and fail to cap anything? I don’t care if you claim that matches are close because even 400 to 500 matches have huge gaps of mistakes and incomprehensible acts committed by my teammates. Now if I want to win I have no choice but to form a team and farm those poor soloers until I get really bored. Good job anet for screwing up just like you did with Trait NPE patch once again

Tour

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I’m an average player, skillwise, at best, yet 2 hours ago I ended up on spiritwatch vs a team containing The Lord Helseth.

You aren’t in the same grouping…. he’s got more points you just have him friended

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

You aren’t in the same grouping…. he’s got more points you just have him friended

Thats nothing to do with it, I friended him after for the screenshot to see where he was in leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

From experience and from reading through here, Pre-Made groups should only square off against other Pre-Made groups no matter whether it is ranked or un-ranked. The solutions to the Pre-Made ROFLstomps in GW1 was the Random Arenas and the Codex Arenas.

I’d go so far to say that Un-Ranked PvP should be ran like the Random Arenas in GW1:

• No Pre-Made groups
  • If your random team wins, you move on to the next battle together. I believe this was capped at 25 though.
  • No votes for maps, you get what is next in the rotation.

It won’t be long before Ranked PvP evolves into a Codex Arena type that prevents teams of the same profession. Though full implementation of the Codex Arena into GW2’s Ranked PvP would break up a lot of the Meta builds since the GW1 Codex Arena not only prevented, for example, 4 Mesmers from being on the same team, but it restricted what skills from each profession that could be used for the day. Make those that want to move up that Ranked Ladder earn their spot. I might even join in on that just to learn the skills that I don’t use often.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

+1, Premades should only compete vs. premades.

As an alternative, make a queue rule; no more than 2 of a previous team ( one to three matches previous ) may be in a subsequent group. This would make it inconvenient for the TS enabled groups to abuse the ranked queue.

EDIT: Ravion Hawk.4736 Having re-read your post, I am in total agreement.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

I’ve been pvping a over the 10 days (yeah im a bit late to the scene ;/), and I have about a 50/50 rate in unranked. Every time my team wins, it gets harder the next match (generally) and then after about 10 wins, its then 10 losses.
That is how its gone roughly for the last 200 games. 10 wins 10 losses.

And on average i’m quite alright winning 10 and losing 10. It’d be a LOT better if it was 1 win 1 loss, than a load of wins then a load of losses.

The thing that should really bothers me, and while i understand unranked doesn’t take pvp rank into account (at least i dont think so) is being @rank 40 being matched against people @rank 80. It’s not just a bit either. Its nearly every match, even after losing 10 times in a row sort of thing.

Edit- I know rank doesn’t mean a great deal, but if people are rank 80 they’ve either lost 2223~ matches or won enough to outweigh the losses. (obviously no one has gotten rank 80 purely on losing) Someone at rank 40 (ie. me) has only even played about 400 matches. Getting put up against people that have such an experience gap is a bit troubling.

Now again, that doesn’t bother me all that much. What really bothers me is when I’m matched against someone that I know has won 10-15 matches in a row (cuz friendlist and talk to them regularly, and they are regularly playing like that) and I’ve just lost 10 matches in a row. How does that make any sense?

Also, those daily level 2 engineers every day are super fun.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

(edited by Arietta The Broken.1875)

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

no the problem is you.
i have won many matches down 100-20, or 200-50. sometimes it takes a team of pugs a couple engagements to figure out how to play with each other. heck i had a game the other day were we were down 160 points and won the game with them only gaining 40 more points. that wouldnt have happened with a player like you on the team.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Thats nothing to do with it, I friended him after for the screenshot to see where he was in leaderboards

Ok… and you said you were in the same “grouping” which you have zero clue about since you can’t see his or your own MMR……… so please tell me how you are in the same grouping.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA