Matchmaking seems good. A lot more enjoyable.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

That may be for you.

I keep getting cheaters throwing their games for the friends on the enemy team. Some don’t even bother setting a different guild tag and even gloat about it.

And I can’t count the number of bugs people is exploiting, like getting you stuck with taunt or using skills that a bug made unblockable and undodgeable, ignoring stability, dodges, blocks and reflects.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

I have a perfect 50/50 win loss ratio. That’s what people are talking about when they say 50/50.

I keep talking about common sense over algorithms in this thread, but maybe it’s simpler to just ask common sense questions…

Should a bad player win 50% of their games?
Should a good player lose 50% of their games?
Should solo players face premades with teamspeak and optimal build/profession synergy?

If you agree with Anet on these questions, than this season makes perfect sense to you.

If you have common sense and logic, you realize it’s sheer folly.

in PvP

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

I have a perfect 50/50 win loss ratio. That’s what people are talking about when they say 50/50.

I keep talking about common sense over algorithms in this thread, but maybe it’s simpler to just ask common sense questions…

Should a good player lose 50% of their games?
Should solo players face premades with teamspeak and optimal build/profession synergy?

If you agree with Anet on these questions, than this season makes perfect sense to you.

If you have common sense and logic, you realize it’s sheer folly.

Yes, if their MMR accurately reflects their skill level because they will be playing against players of similar level. If by “bad player” you mean their “real” MMR is lower than what it should be, then they will probably lose games until their MMR hits the right value and then get 50/50 matches.

Should a good player win 50% of their games?
See the above answer but reverse the thought process.

Yes if there are insufficient players. No if there is. We don’t have the figures but Anet do so I’m guessing they’ve done their maths and realised that splitting the queues will probably significantly increase queue times and cause more people to leave compared to business as usual.

Question for you – do you think more/new players will play GW2 if they split? or will it simply make the solo queuers happy while causing grief to players who want to queue as a team?

Personally, I’m not bothered by facing premades and to be honest, I don’t even check at the end of the game to see who’s partied together. It generally doesn’t affect the outcome because there are hardly any super coordinated teams out there. I win just as many against premades as I lose against them.

Obviously, once in a while you’ll get a blowout game and lose to a premade but that happens just as frequent as against a team of solo queuers – nothing new outside the ordinary.

(edited by FLIMP.8172)

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

Should a good player win 50% of their games?
See the above answer but reverse the thought process.

Yes if there are insufficient players. No if there is. We don’t have the figures but Anet do so I’m guessing they’ve done their maths and realised that splitting the queues will probably significantly increase queue times and cause more people to leave compared to business as usual.

Question for you – do you think more/new players will play GW2 if they split? or will it simply make the solo queuers happy while causing grief to players who want to queue as a team?

Personally, I’m not bothered by facing premades and to be honest, I don’t even check at the end of the game to see who’s partied together. It generally doesn’t affect the outcome because there are hardly any super coordinated teams out there. I win just as many against premades as I lose against them.

Obviously, once in a while you’ll get a blowout game and lose to a premade but that happens just as frequent as against a team of solo queuers – nothing new outside the ordinary.

Not only does it sound like you agree with Anet (although they change their mind each season), but it appears as if Tic Tac Toe would be your favorite game using that “logic”.

You claim that new/bad players will love winning 50%. Under that logic, people should love playing Tic Tac Toe for hours, and they should even have a Tic Tac Toe leaderboards, rewards, etc.

The other problem is that your post is littered with things just pulled out of your rear.

“you’ll get a blowout game and lose to a premade but that happens just as frequent as against a team of solo queuers”

You’re seriously saying that a bunch of solo players blowout opposing teams just as often as the coordinated and experienced premades?

You say you don’t even check who is premades after the match, but somehow know you win just as much as you lose against premades. You argue with yourself in the same sentence!

As for your question to me, I already gave the solution. It’s actually the solution Anet chose in the first place – separate solo and premade ques make TOTAL 100% SENSE.

The ONLY drawback is potentially longer que times, but ask yourself how much time is wasted if you play a full game blowout. How meaningful are the leaderboards if only the coordinated premades can exploit the system and reliably run together a string of victories.

Your delusional if you think being solo is the same as being in a premade with this system. The two need to be separated or else you risk alienating one or the other. THAT’s what impacts new players and makes them leave. Any new/bad players that stick around just because they win 50% of games are in the small minority – like you.

in PvP

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

Had a 1+2+2 vs 1+1+1+1+1 match this afternoon where the partied team had a seemingly higher average division. Can you pls elaborate on this match and why it was considered to be better this way that two 1+1+1+2 teams?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I don’t think matchmaking is good at all.

I’m being GIVEN loses handed to me on a silver platter. Constantly being given the same exact players who do not own HoT or do not wish to win games. They suicide far over and over while we control 2 nodes already and don’t defend a node once the entire game. I’m also getting people who zerker amulet guardian and instantly die at the start of every team fight and then I ask very nicely if they could play more defensive and stay further back, they say no and say they’d rather feed and lose the game.

These are not winnable games. These are t2 sapphire games, but I still shouldn’t be getting completely unwinnable matches like this. It isn’t fair or fun to get these players.

When I’m intentionally avoiding players I get on my team by adding them to my friend list and not queueing until they’re in a game, something is really wrong with the matchmaking.

in PvP

Posted by: RedZebra.2345

RedZebra.2345

Shiyo why you are trying to blame the system with several posts. Even as many don’t like it, this is pvp (even a soft version of it, as you can progress at a win rate of 43%, or even less beneath ruby). Players are picked out of a pool around your lvl, same is for your opposing team, you have bad players, they have bad players maybe they communicate a bit better. As stated in other post enhance yourself or if not possible make a team. Change of winning while in the bad team should be 40/60% now so perfectly doable if you didn’t reach the division already were you belong.

in PvP

Posted by: Tengu Talons.7921

Tengu Talons.7921

This system isn’t very enjoyable for solo queue. Team queue its great, is that really the goal here?

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

I’m being GIVEN loses handed to me on a silver platter. Constantly being given the same exact players who do not own HoT or do not wish to win games. They suicide far over and over while we control 2 nodes already and don’t defend a node once the entire game. I’m also getting people who zerker amulet guardian and instantly die at the start of every team fight and then I ask very nicely if they could play more defensive and stay further back, they say no and say they’d rather feed and lose the game.

You’re not supposed to defend what you have, you’re supposed to maintain offensive pressure, keep tabs on their respawn, and suppress their efforts from every angle.

You choosing to sit on a point while the rest of your team “suicides” is exactly why you’re eating losses. If you have mid and home, it’s because you had momentum, and momentum is something you never want to let go of.

in PvP

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Matchmaking is completely broken. Its just blowouts. All I’ve to do is wait to see if I’ll end up in the winning team.

http://i.imgur.com/MGVzuQ8.jpg?1

[HUE]

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

You’re not supposed to defend what you have, you’re supposed to maintain offensive pressure, keep tabs on their respawn, and suppress their efforts from every angle.

You choosing to sit on a point while the rest of your team “suicides” is exactly why you’re eating losses. If you have mid and home, it’s because you had momentum, and momentum is something you never want to let go of.

I don’t think anything you said is right at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

Pretend logic, censoring people who create constructive logical threads, oh boy I must be in the gaming industry. Got to love pretend fake artificial bs. As someone who just finished their bachelor’s in computer science, and considers to be awake as far as how this world works globally, come on Anet stop with the pretend flawed logic lies.

I honestly don’t want to spend any more money in the gaming industry these days, that goes for all companies, it’s a joke. Crony capitalism at it’s worst. Like what’s the point in even playing video games in this generation?

Dumbed down world, companies producing dumbed down products. Come on Arena Net you’re trying to make your product “competitive” and you throw in a non competitive league system that deters players from wanting to participate in structured pvp? Yo you guys are super logical and programmers, you guys are soo over your customers head….yeah come on now.

Let’s stop lying to your player base and start introducing content that’s going to provide your customer with a more pleasant experience.

Hellion

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Some must lose so that others could win.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

Thank you, 4 hour cool down before I can post something, guess freedom and constructive feedback is gone forever, censor him if does not produce knowledge we do not condone.

Hellion

in PvP

RedZebra.2345

This system isn’t very enjoyable for solo queue. Team queue its great, is that really the goal here?

Speak for yourself, only max 2% of pvp players is posting here, maybe 70% are solo players. Thing is players who feeling fine wont rant on the forum, mostly it just that few % who has a bad time for some reason. I play 95% solo and i enjoy the system as others i know who will never post on forum.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I disagree vehemently I am just finishing a session in which I lost 23 straight matches. That’s in a single gaming session. I’m not an awesome player, but I made Ruby last season. This is not something that can be blown off with the famous “l2p.”

This is not “competitive” or “fun.” Competition presupposes at least a somewhat level playing field.

At this rate I will not be able to win the wings. This is really a trust issue. I came into this two seasons ago with the understanding that if I stuck it out.. I could win the wings. Now, after weeks and months of taking beatings, I find out the prize is out of reach? Really?

I have consistently seen groups that boasted 3-4 of some mix of war and dh. War is really OP at the moment. It’s approaching being as bad as it was in the Hambow era when we saw 5 man hambow teams roll over everything in the landscape. This was allowed to continue for weeks.

There is no reason whatsoever that a 4rth year player should be seeing 23 straight losses in a day. The matchmaking IS NOT WORKING.

Attachments:

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Toan.8562

Toan.8562

Does Sapphire only play rank with Sapphire. I match with so so much idiots and cant even pass Tie1. Rank PVP is serious enjoy but why do people not even know how to cap how to back door and keep fighting on road. I know i will get perma ban some days because of rage but I dont really care about that. 40$usd HoT is not an issue for me, please some one help me answer my question? I never never ever pvp again.

@Ithilwen.1529 I got same issue. God kitten it.
https://gyazo.com/1e50d6ee5a29d515564713300ef6f8b3

(edited by Toan.8562)

in PvP

RedZebra.2345

There is no reason whatsoever that a 4rth year player should be seeing 23 straight losses in a day. The matchmaking IS NOT WORKING.

For one there could be a specific problem with your account so maybe call support. Then again loosing 23 games a day, maybe you should take a brake, probably you wont be enjoyable after your fifth loss for your teammates. Claiming to be 4th year player is certainly not a reason to win or saying the matchmaking is not working.

in PvP

Posted by: RKyrk.4761

RKyrk.4761

I disagree vehemently I am just finishing a session in which I lost 23 straight matches. That’s in a single gaming session. I’m not an awesome player, but I made Ruby last season. This is not something that can be blown off with the famous “l2p.”

This is not “competitive” or “fun.” Competition presupposes at least a somewhat level playing field.

At this rate I will not be able to win the wings. This is really a trust issue. I came into this two seasons ago with the understanding that if I stuck it out.. I could win the wings. Now, after weeks and months of taking beatings, I find out the prize is out of reach? Really?

I have consistently seen groups that boasted 3-4 of some mix of war and dh. War is really OP at the moment. It’s approaching being as bad as it was in the Hambow era when we saw 5 man hambow teams roll over everything in the landscape. This was allowed to continue for weeks.

Sounds like a ladder problem (common in other games/stuff with ladders that divide players into skill groups). Might not be a problem with match-making.
Once you have settled in the division where you belong pvp will be more fun. Might take lots of losses if the starting division is too high. When you have become good enough you will be able to climb the division ladder to reach what ever goal you have set for your self.
Losing that many games is bad tho, would be nice with a option to reset the divison state for those players that are caught in a divison too high and end up loosing lots of games.

1 close 1 animal 1 far rest mid

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I’d love to take a “break.” Sadly, the bar for winning the wings has been set so high that I really can’t. With the matchmaking the way it is I have two choices; Throw away two season’s worth of work and quit or Grind every day as much as possible in the blind hope that I can get a lucky streak long enough to get across a division. If I can do that AND do the same thing next season… I could potentially win my wings.

I didn’t claim being in my 4rth year in GW2 entitled me to win. I implied that if I’m not a top level player, I’m also not completely incompetent.

As to being “where I belong;” Sadly, I can’t be “where I belong.” My goal in putting up with this craziness is to win the wings. Therefore, I need to cross divisions.

I’d like nothing more than to be in a division with relatively even matches. That won’t accomplish my goal though. I can’t win my wings by being “where I belong.” ANET has decreed that I need to get above “where I belong” by hook or by crook.

So this idea of separating players into appropriate skill levels directly opposes the reasons many of us are playing ranked in the first place, ie to win the wings.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

RedZebra.2345

or find someone to play with, which is the best way i think for you to get the wings. Maybe it’s a problem from Anet, they mixed achievments into pvp

(edited by RedZebra.2345)

in PvP

Posted by: Toan.8562

Toan.8562

idiot keeps fighting on road. I dont think that is fun in Ranked pvp, Im not top player but Im good enough to get Ruby and now can reach tie 1 Sapphire because of that problem.

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

I’d love to take a “break.” Sadly, the bar for winning the wings has been set so high that I really can’t. With the matchmaking the way it is I have two choices; Throw away two season’s worth of work and quit or Grind every day as much as possible in the blind hope that I can get a lucky streak long enough to get across a division. If I can do that AND do the same thing next season… I could potentially win my wings.

I didn’t claim being in my 4rth year in GW2 entitled me to win. I implied that if I’m not a top level player, I’m also not completely incompetent.

As to being “where I belong;” Sadly, I can’t be “where I belong.” My goal in putting up with this craziness is to win the wings. Therefore, I need to cross divisions.

I’d like nothing more than to be in a division with relatively even matches. That won’t accomplish my goal though. I can’t win my wings by being “where I belong.” ANET has decreed that I need to get above “where I belong” by hook or by crook.

So this idea of separating players into appropriate skill levels directly opposes the reasons many of us are playing ranked in the first place, ie to win the wings.

I’m guessing you blacked out your skill bar in the screenshot, because you’re still insisting on playing Mesmer, despite multiple people advising you that given your circumstances (and gameplay footage), that Mesmer isn’t a class you’re playing particularly well.

You seem to be putting way too much importance on that backpiece. Is it really worth all the anger it’s causing you? It’s your choice what you do, but this thing appears to be causing you a lot of grief. If it makes you feel any better, the stats on the backpiece won’t really help much.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

While sometimes matchmaking is great (better than last season) it can still be terrible. We just got outplayed but still, they had two guys in Ruby while I’m in T2 Sapphire.

Attachments:

in PvP

RedZebra.2345

400/500 is not outplayed. What you expect? Every time a win? 400/500 seams a good matchmaking. Strange everyone wants a higher then 50% winrate : sry not possible. Someone has to lose, and as for the game come on you need some challenge (i prefer better players in the opposing team : a win is more sweater in this way)

(edited by RedZebra.2345)

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Well not every time a win but we were outclassed. Some of my teammates were near Ruby while I’m in T2 and the other team had Exalted Legends. I have a winrate higher than 50% this season but whenever I lose it’s the matchmaker pulls from a drastically lower pool, dramatic class stacking (no hate against the three guardians I had on my team a couple days ago but c’mon man!) or get outclassed because the MM pulls from way higher pip ranges to the point of playing against those who made Legendary last season. I recognize the engi so I know my team had reasonably similar MMR.

I think a big problem I have on Revenant is I don’t switch from a teamfight mindset (saving abilities to help downed and interrupt rezzing) to a dueling mindset when the situation demands and the dissonance between where I think staff 5 is going and where it actually goes doesn’t help. Still, I’m decent with dueling but could be better.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

in PvP

RedZebra.2345

Matchmaking is good. Which means i’m not saying i suffer from the same problems as a solo player as you did . If you were in a party ok highest member counts (which is good otherwise there is, and was alot of misuse). For your team you’ll know you will be in the 40% sometimes, in that case try to organize ( i can say alot sometimes i also say nothing and just play). Sometimes not enough players are online in y pool or in higher pools so they join them and then you have a complete mismatch. But not the game y played in that case i think matchmaking is working correctly.

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Matchmaking is definitely not good when the best method to play to actually progress is to 2-5 queue. Solo queue is an absolute crapshoot, and you stand to lose games purely by whether or not you’re on the team that Anet’s algorithm stacked.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Posted by: RKyrk.4761

RKyrk.4761

Yep, the wings are a reward for the players that make it to the top div. Will be a grinding road for you if you want to improve and start your climb to the top. Once you stop losing and get settled in the right division for your skill it will be easier to start focusing on improving your skill and eventually rise in ranks.
Good luck and keep it up!

1 close 1 animal 1 far rest mid

in PvP

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

If so many of you are so extremely unhappy with matchmaking why don’t you get teams? Or make teams if you can’t get one. Seems to me pretty much every single person here complains about the rest their respective teams being so awful, why don’t you guys get together and play then?

Personally I wouldn’t play with you guys in a million years but the solution is right there really. If that’s too much effort or you have too much life to form a team and play a couple hours a week but you still want to be #1 or not play then well, the latter is probably the option for you.

Some people don’t have an option for it. Besides getting 5 decent players together at the same time can be quite hard actually.

So you’d rather spend frustrating hours with teammates who supposedly “can’t rotate” and “arnt good” and maybe progress 2 pips after 15 games than spending just 30min finding a team of people who “can rotate” and “are good” and maybe have a better time? Ok.

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

It’s a bit better than season 2, but meh. The system STILL stacks teams, it’s just that the MMR gap is smaller.

(edited by JTGuevara.9018)

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I have 29 losses and 2 wins in the past 2 days. Matchmaking is really awful. It’s to the point where I’m overjoyed that I just had another streak that was only 6 losses.

The bad part is the division climb. The matchmaking is ruining my chances to get the wings. That in turn means I’ve wasted at least two seasons pursuing something I was apparently never meant to be able to achieve in the first place.

I feel I’ve been a punching bag for the few.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

OK, I’ve ended my night because I’m too fatigued and depressed to continue.

On the heals of 23 straight losses last night, I just came off an 11 match loss streak.
Are you going to tell me that this matchmaking is in any way “fun”, “fair” or “competitive?” REALLY?

You know when Mesmer started doing better than average it was emergency nerfed. Now Warrior is just crushing it. I’ll wager it will be allowed to do so throughout the season.

Attachments:

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

On the heals of 23 straight losses last night, I just came off an 11 match loss streak.
Are you going to tell me that this matchmaking is in any way “fun”, “fair” or “competitive?” REALLY?

You know when Mesmer started doing better than average it was emergency nerfed. Now Warrior is just crushing it. I’ll wager it will be allowed to do so throughout the season.

You not doing well on mes is your personal issue. Mesmers are really good this season. MM is garbage tho, i agree on that.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

I don’t claim to be a great Mesmer. It’s the class I like and want to play.

No, Mesmer isn’t “really good” this season. The main useful Mesmer build is condi-chrono. Yet I’m facing multiple warriors in practically every match.

With the extreme cleansing of the warrior “bug” and 20 ish seconds of immunity to conditions… it’s like the bad old days a couple of years ago when a warrior’s healing signet would simply absorb more dps than a Mesmer could produce.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

I think I can identify the problems:

1.That is a lot of games. With 8 hours of work, 8 for sleep, and 8 for play that leaves 8 hours of Guild Wars 2 on school or working days while on days off that leaves 16. Consider resting.

2.You aren’t getting enough deliberate practice. I want you to scrim with a warrior 100 times. Just start a private arena and practice the duel. Not just a metabuild warrior but with many different weapons and utility skills to ensure you know how to read and react to each skill. When your winrate is over 50% against him then I want to see you duel two warriors. You now have to keep track of twice the information and both have heals and long periods of mitigation so good luck!

Actually, before you face off against two meta warriors I want you to watch Lord Helseth defeat two warriors so you can know what’s likely the best way of handling them. Then you’d try emulating what Helseth did.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Matchmaking is back to 50/50 odds whether or not this is unintentional, everyone I have talked to in game has said the same thing.

People where saying it’s 50/50 in season2 despite all the evidence (and dev quotes) to the contrary.

Some people are still living in season 1.

That’s because with average mmr you have an equal chance of ending up on designated winner or designated loser team. The system itself doesn’t try to balance it that way for you – if your mmr was in the top or bottom range in your pip/division zone, your chance would end up bigger/lower (because you’d end up on one side far more than on the other).

Once you have settled in the division where you belong pvp will be more fun.

The previous season has already shown that this does not actually ever happen. Either it takes more than 2 months for the things to settle, or the system is simply incapable of doing it at all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in PvP

Posted by: mysticalrk.9673

mysticalrk.9673

Another bost which can easily be replied with: Matchmaking is still flawed.
Sounds rude, but it’s exactly that easy.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

The thing is: Many players are attracted to the tournament by the promise of winning a legendary backpack, ( the “wings” .)

The matchmaking is deliberately set to prevent most from doing so. The tacit message is, “you’re not worthy.”

So if I, and many other players, don’t have an honest shot at the wings… why should I show up and support the tournament?

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

So if I, and many other players, don’t have an honest shot at the wings… why should I support the game?

don’t.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

If enough people recognize that they are wasting there time and not going to win the prize… Then there won’t be enough left to make a viable tournament.

That and lower population means worse matchmaking. Is that really what you want?

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Hyperionjr.5870

Hyperionjr.5870

I personally think MMR should be totally random within PIP range. There is no algorithm possible to determine how somebody is going to play their next match. You have one team of loss streaks vs. another team of win streaks. How could anybody see that as fair? Plus one premade completely blows any algorithm attempts out of the water.

Which leads me to this: Why isn’t their a solo queue separate from a teams queue? I can’t see how it would make sense to have a team of premades vs. a team of solo queues. If you ask me, nix the failing “algorithm” and fix what tangible aspect of queuing you can (read: premades).

Caz

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

I personally think MMR should be totally random within PIP range. There is no algorithm possible to determine how somebody is going to play their next match. You have one team of loss streaks vs. another team of win streaks. How could anybody see that as fair? Plus one premade completely blows any algorithm attempts out of the water.

Which leads me to this: Why isn’t their a solo queue separate from a teams queue? I can’t see how it would make sense to have a team of premades vs. a team of solo queues. If you ask me, nix the failing “algorithm” and fix what tangible aspect of queuing you can (read: premades).

Caz

If you feel like you’re on the losing end or going to be on the losing end of the range’s MMR then you could team with people you know in your pip range. You could team with higher, but those people are also facing people from higher up in some of their matches ensuring that you’d have them as competition for quite some time. You may stomp some lower, get stomped by higher, but those highers have people above who stomp them in turn.

Let’s say someone is low Ruby. They can face off against people in T2 Sapphire for pips, but go against people in high Ruby to take their pips away.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Today is the same old thing. Up against one team that is clearly superior after another. This is in “prime time.” I wonder how far the loss streak will extend today before I get physically sick and have to leave.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Hyperionjr.5870

Caz

If you feel like you’re on the losing end or going to be on the losing end of the range’s MMR then you could team with people you know in your pip range. You could team with higher, but those people are also facing people from higher up in some of their matches ensuring that you’d have them as competition for quite some time. You may stomp some lower, get stomped by higher, but those highers have people above who stomp them in turn.

Let’s say someone is low Ruby. They can face off against people in T2 Sapphire for pips, but go against people in high Ruby to take their pips away.

If I want to spend time looking for a group and hoping they are decent players, then I should play TEAM ranked. If I just want to get off of work and turn on the game and jump right into a SOLO ranked game, then I should be able to do so. The whole “get a team” argument is on deaf ears.

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Good my kitten .

in PvP

Agemnon.4608

Caz

If I want to spend time looking for a group and hoping they are decent players, then I should play TEAM ranked. If I just want to get off of work and turn on the game and jump right into a SOLO ranked game, then I should be able to do so. The whole “get a team” argument is on deaf ears.

But without a team (3 seems best) you won’t have full control over your comp. You can go warrior (or ranger), elementalist, and revenant and if the solos are also two of that class then one can switch it up.

in PvP

Hyperionjr.5870

Caz

But without a team (3 seems best) you won’t have full control over your comp. You can go warrior (or ranger), elementalist, and revenant and if the solos are also two of that class then one can switch it up.

I agree totally, but that’s a team-play argument. The point I am trying to make is there should be deviation between the people who want to run a team and people who don’t. I shouldn’t have to spend (possibly) hours looking for a mature decent team of players. If I stumble across that while solo queuing and we decide to team up, then we should queue TEAM ranked. It’s the most simple of concepts.

in PvP

Shiyo.3578

With the extreme cleansing of the warrior “bug”..

There’s really 2 major bugs actually ruining PVP and being exploited, giving the person using them a huge unfair advantage. The cleansing ire bug with longbow berserk skill and taunt making your character incapable of moving until you use a movement skill.

I’ve reported these both in game and posted them in the bug feeback forums. These are HUGE bugs that seem to be doing nothing about at all. They should’ve been hotfixed weeks ago and it’s actually really depressing that they are just keeping these easily exploitable game breaking bugs in the game. Are we going to go an entire season being CCed forever by taunt and warriors cleansing 6x the amount of conditions as intended?

I hope not, because that is not right at all. Why aren’t people mass spamming about these bugs?

On topic:

I get actually unwinnable games. I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do in games where I’m given someone who doesn’t own HoT and given teammates who suicide far over and over and never even contest it, or run zerker amulets and instantly get downed in any fight.

(edited by Shiyo.3578)