Mesmer OP, but not druids?

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

Geeze, everyone’s complaining about how OP mesmers are, but why is no one talking about druids?

Clearly you can see how unbalanced druids are here.

https://www.twitch.tv/vallunv/v/63531663?t=01h13m50s

It took this very skilled diamond ranked player almost 5 minutes to take down this one druid. How broken is this class when the pet alone can almost stalemate/take out a player and you need to have a +1 just to take out a druid!?

Anet nerf plz!

in PvP

Posted by: Nighthawk.4687

Nighthawk.4687

yeah when you only run conditions, you’re not gonna pressure down a druid with tons of condi clear, they are balanced. Heavy cc destroys them. Pet damage needs a little toned down but not in this meta. If we had more zerker builds that were actually viable pet damage would need toned down. Also the warrior in this twitch stream isn’t even good, if you can’t kill a druid with no weapon you are bad at the game. I take down other druids all the time, it’s really not that hard.

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

How is this any different from every other class bunker that ever existed and needed +1 to take down? That a druid could maybe take out a player after 5 mins compared to another bunker that would keep fighting quickly become pretty irrelevant, doesnt it?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

How is this any different from every other class bunker that ever existed and needed +1 to take down? That a druid could maybe take out a player after 5 mins compared to another bunker that would keep fighting quickly become pretty irrelevant, doesnt it?

Other bunkers didn’t have pet that is pretty much extra thief player.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Vicky.4563

The fact is, even a weaponless druid poses enough of a challange to the point it needs a +1 to be taken down in a reasonable amount of time.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

The fact is, even a weaponless druid poses enough of a challange to the point it needs a +1 to be taken down in a reasonable amount of time.

That’s probably just because the druid’s tanky strength doesn’t rely on their weapon as much as other tanky profession builds do. Rather, it’s bound to their utility and class mechanic.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

In this build, the druid will be almost evenly functional with or without weapon.

in PvP

Posted by: Nighthawk.4687

Nighthawk.4687

In this build, the druid will be almost evenly functional with or without weapon.

Lol no that warrior is just terrible

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I wouldn’t say “terrible,” but that is a contributing factor.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Ya, also that.

in PvP

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

This guy is like the worst, literally the worst warrior I have ever seen. Holy Kitten.
This is the kind of player you can kill within 30 seconds as thief with only offhand pistol by just stacking pulmonary impacts. Totally makes thieves OP, kappa.

No honestly, the warrior is just really, really, REALLY kittening bad.

Just random dodge all over the place, don’t dodge obvious attacks like entangle and then get shrekt by Bristleback F2 because you’re out of energy and too stupid to sidestep.

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

You should be more concerned with the match making in that match, than the druid or the warrior’s play.

That druid was 1v2 defending far the entire game but was given a team who couldn’t get anything done in an advantage 4v3 between home/mid.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/High-MMR-Punished-For-Solo-Que-2/first#post6140634

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

(edited by Trevor Boyer.6524)

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

yeah when you only run conditions, you’re not gonna pressure down a druid with tons of condi clear, they are balanced. Heavy cc destroys them. Pet damage needs a little toned down but not in this meta. If we had more zerker builds that were actually viable pet damage would need toned down. Also the warrior in this twitch stream isn’t even good, if you can’t kill a druid with no weapon you are bad at the game. I take down other druids all the time, it’s really not that hard.

You can beat Druids with Condi. I know because most of what I play is condi.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Cyanon.1928

Cyanon.1928

Do you know who Vallum is right?

He is a renowned streamer who has played multiple tournaments… The other guy Fivedawgs is a casual player. Point is, Vallun could probably do the same with any bunker spec class in Unranked.

This video means nothing in terms of a metric.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

The warrior is using greatsword.

in PvP

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Are you guys for real? The weaponless druid was just kiting a warrior, who did not even care about it, as he was just keeping control of the node for the whole game. In the end, the warrior’s team won by a huge margin…

In addition, the streamer was completely shameless: complaining about his team mates being kittens and going AFK (guess why they did that and what they thought of him), saying the opposing team had bad rotations (but why try-hard when the opposing team cannot obviously make more than 65 points)…

It’s okay to try and stream such content, after all it can be entertaining, despite the obvious lack of respect towards fellow team mates. However, seeking some sense about it is foolish. The druid class may have too much sustain, or not – but such a video is nowhere near enough to make a valid proof.

in PvP

Vicky.4563

The other guy Fivedawgs is a casual player.

Are you sure? I was under the impression he was a very skilled forum warrior with impeccable knowledge of the matchmaking system trapped in mmr hell.

Are you saying this was an unbalanced match up in unranked?!?

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

lol this thread is about me??? lmao, nice try… Try using GS and thanks at elegie .. And as far as the dodge, well thats a +10% dmg increase so go figure..

@vallun, are you telling me you werent bunky?? which amulet did you have? I d bet he had cleric, because i was pumping 10k dps per 100b.

The other guy Fivedawgs is a casual player.

Are you sure? I was under the impression he was a very skilled forum warrior with impeccable knowledge of the matchmaking system trapped in mmr hell.

Are you saying this was an unbalanced match up in unranked?!?

Yup, i am a very skilled warrior player, who refused to touch condi or rifle builds.

Are you guys for real? The weaponless druid was just kiting a warrior, who did not even care about it, as he was just keeping control of the node for the whole game. In the end, the warrior’s team won by a huge margin

In addition, the streamer was completely shameless: complaining about his team mates being kittens and going AFK (guess why they did that and what they thought of him), saying the opposing team had bad rotations (but why try-hard when the opposing team cannot obviously make more than 65 points)…

It’s okay to try and stream such content, after all it can be entertaining, despite the obvious lack of respect towards fellow team mates. However, seeking some sense about it is foolish. The druid class may have too much sustain, or not – but such a video is nowhere near enough to make a valid proof.

^^This.. and he wasn’t totally weaponless, and also what the vid doesnt show, is me telling my team to “1 vs 1” the druid because i thought he was using cleric…

And to all the noobs out there, you should learn from this video:

1- Focus on capping points, see how i did n chase the druids when he went off point? i could have finished him. However, capping is more important.
2- Communicate with your team, as you can see, i kept on telling my teammates to back off since the druid was tanky.
3-

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

in PvP

Posted by: Fizwitz.8240

Fizwitz.8240

Cleric Druid doesn’t have 22522 health, it was likely mender with dolyak rune

Ekonai

in PvP

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Look at the health. It’s standard menders dolyak.

If he really wanted to go for a troll Pokémon trainer build, he could’ve used GotL to buff his pets. Not seeing much milage out of AS.

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Or that, Well dont forget that i was using a non meta build myself… GS/ Sw Shield .. So i wondered who got really pawned..

And also, you should check his next game, he played with the same build but was able to win… You know why? i was the reason why he lost his previous game…

in PvP

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Are you guys for real? The weaponless druid was just kiting a warrior, who did not even care about it, as he was just keeping control of the node for the whole game. In the end, the warrior’s team won by a huge margin…

This, pretty much.

@ op: nice try

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

This, pretty much.

@ op: nice try

Thanks for saving me the effort, guess there’s no need to watch the video :p

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

The warrior is using greatsword.

rip power warrior, never viable, 4ever trash

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

The thing with druids atm is either nerf the heal or the pets, because having such great heals in a short cooldown is not cool when you have a little kittening animal hitting you the whole time and doing more dmg than a thief.

Any good/decent druid knows you can have your pet with 10s quickness and 25 might everytime plus heals and interrupts? yes please.

(edited by Elxdark.9702)

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Um yeah, I just wanted to pop in and say that Fivedawgs is a good warrior and is always a pleasure to fight with or against. That and what the heck? Five totally trashed the Druid so I don’t get the point the OP is trying to make.

The Druid got decapped in about 10s flat, then proceeded to loose the point shortly after. While he danced and ran around like a bunny rabbit his whole team got trashed and the final score was something like 450 – 60. Total fail. The kitten Druid got destroyed and probably would have done just as bad with weapons.

Nothing to see here, move along…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Um yeah, I just wanted to pop in and say that Fivedawgs is a good warrior and is always a pleasure to fight with or against. That and what the heck? Five totally trashed the Druid so I don’t get the point the OP is trying to make.

The Druid got decapped in about 10s flat, then proceeded to loose the point shortly after. While he danced and ran around like a bunny rabbit his whole team got trashed and the final score was something like 450 – 60. Total fail. The kitten Druid got destroyed and probably would have done just as bad with weapons.

Nothing to see here, move along…

:) .. Thanks, it mean a lot dude, and great analysis … Some people forget that this is conquest and not TDM..

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Listen peeps, I know y’all spent 3 years not having to worry about Rangers at all, but let’s not get dramatic here… It’s like some of you get your pixels crushed by a skilled player on Ranger then y’all go all video rage…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in PvP

Vicky.4563

So there are several situations happening here

1. The warrior is skilled, and despite that was brought down very low and stalemated by a weaponless druid (a skilled player but with very few hours on druid) and required a +1 from another ranger to win back the point.

Conclusion: Druid is pretty OP.

2. Warrior was not very skilled and was brought down very low and stalemated by a weaponless druid and required a +1 from another ranger to win back the point.

Conclusion: Druid maybe not as OP as in the first situation, but pretty OP. AND there’s something funky going on with matchmaking.

Imagine a situation where the druid actually had a weapon. Regardless of the warrior and druid’s skill level, the warrior probably would’ve died regardless. Druid is still pretty OP then right?

The only reason the game didn’t end that way because at least 3 out of 5 players on blue team were kittening around on alts. And one of them was trolling with a weaponless build. Which highlights another issue with unranked matchmaking.

Regardless of any of the situation, in what world is it sane to have a weaponless class still be able to almost kill a (skilled?) warrior and stalemate a node indefinitely. How is this balance? How is it healthy for the gamemode to have a class that can basically be carried by pet AI?

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

So there are several situations happening here

1. The warrior is skilled, and despite that was brought down very low and stalemated by a weaponless druid (a skilled player but with very few hours on druid) and required a +1 from another ranger to win back the point.

Conclusion: Druid is pretty OP.

2. Warrior was not very skilled and was brought down very low and stalemated by a weaponless druid and required a +1 from another ranger to win back the point.

Conclusion: Druid maybe not as OP as in the first situation, but pretty OP. AND there’s something funky going on with matchmaking.

Imagine a situation where the druid actually had a weapon. Regardless of the warrior and druid’s skill level, the warrior probably would’ve died regardless. Druid is still pretty OP then right?

The only reason the game didn’t end that way because at least 3 out of 5 players on blue team were kittening around on alts. And one of them was trolling with a weaponless build. Which highlights another issue with unranked matchmaking.

Regardless of any of the situation, in what world is it sane to have a weaponless class still be able to almost kill a (skilled?) warrior and stalemate a node indefinitely. How is this balance? How is it healthy for the gamemode to have a class that can basically be carried by pet AI?

What do you mean by that? What does trolling in game have to do with matchmaking?

And about that fight, i was typing whilst fighting to get my mates off… but i have never had any trouble killing a druid. So don’t use this video as a metric, like everyone else said… if you careful replay the video, you’d noticed that there were some times where i just stood still or aa’ing… i kept on telling my team " he is bunker, i can hold him"…

in PvP

OGDeadHead.8326

Rofl @ op – you simply will not give up?

in PvP

Vicky.4563

What do you mean by that? What does trolling in game have to do with matchmaking?

No one takes unranked seriously because matchmaking is a joke. The skill disparities within a team is so huge that the moment someone decides they don’t feel like carrying, the game turns into a blowout.

And about that fight, i was typing whilst fighting to get my mates off… but i have never had any trouble killing a druid. So don’t use this video as a metric, like everyone else said… if you careful replay the video, you’d noticed that there were some times where i just stood still or aa’ing… i kept on telling my team " he is bunker, i can hold him"…

Sure… At what point did you realize he didn’t have a weapon?

in PvP

Vicky.4563

Give up what? Proving the point that you might as well replace the druid profession with a pet and half the players in the game wouldn’t even notice?

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

The balance team needs to make a choice. Keep evades or keep healing. Druid shouldn’t have both.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

OGDeadHead.8326

Give up what? Proving the point that you might as well replace the druid profession with a pet and half the players in the game wouldn’t even notice?

Sounds like rangers needs a major buff then.

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Saying that druid would survive even without weapons is laughable and just proves that you dont even Know how the astral mechanic works. You get astral with attacks and healing so staff is important. Without you will even lose 1v1s against scrappers

Grimkram [sS]

in PvP

Vicky.4563

Saying that druid would survive even without weapons is laughable and just proves that you dont even Know how the astral mechanic works. You get astral with attacks and healing so staff is important. Without you will even lose 1v1s against scrappers

I’m sorry, it looks like it’s you who seems to not understand how the astral mechanic works. You get it from healing, attack, and regen. That means Signet of Wild, Dolyak runes, Natrual Healing, regen boon, all contribute to astral force gain. Even weaponless, a druid can still gain tics from regen from shouts, natural healing from the trait, and just plain healing your own pet. Slap on the signet to go overboard if you feel like it too.

You’d have to be a pretty awful druid if you can’t get the full bar every 10 seconds nowadays.