Mesmer PvP Dailies Incredibly Rare

in PvP

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Mesmers: easily replaced in PvE, portal/veil-bots in WvW, not needed in high-tier PvP. Bugged, nerfed in PvE based on PvP, ignored during encounter design.

The only thing that mesmers can efficiently do is annoy newbies who know nothing about mesmers – until those learn how to either run away or focus and melt the meta shatter.

But according to PvP profession dailies (designed to pull people into playing classes they do not play) in which mesmer appeared once (saying hi to necro), there are too many mesmers in PvP. And not enough turret engies, celestial engies and omnipresent guardians.

So, if we’re sticking to the current profession daily system (while I still think that profession dailies should be randomized per account), can we at least have RNG manually evened out?

20 level 80s and counting.

in PvP

Lishtenbird.2814

3 more days without mesmer dailies.

…and apparently no mesmers on the forum to be unhappy about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Daily rewards are so crap now I’m not sure why anyone would bother to get them. The only reason before was the laurel. You get those for logging in.

in PvP

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

As a person who hates playing as mesmer, I’m glad mesmer pvp daily has only come up a few times. Mesmer and thieve dailies I skip.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Well… How do I put this… It’s randomized! Randomized doesn’t mean well distributed, it means the output is random! If you keep tracking the representation of each profession and do stats in a year, the deviation will be smaller, but for know, there hasn’t been enough dailies to worry about this. But yeah, the rewards are not that good, so play mesmer if you want to.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I still think that profession dailies should be randomized per account

I agree with you on that!

in PvP

Lishtenbird.2814

Daily rewards are so crap now I’m not sure why anyone would bother to get them. The only reason before was the laurel. You get those for logging in.

Oh please don’t start the same daily discussion again – there’s a megathread for that. I’m using PvP for daily 10AP when everything else is worse, and I’m using it for a quick and dirty daily reward track boost to get the exclusive rewards (armor, rebreather etc.).

Well… How do I put this… It’s randomized! Randomized doesn’t mean well distributed, it means the output is random! If you keep tracking the representation of each profession and do stats in a year, the deviation will be smaller, but for know, there hasn’t been enough dailies to worry about this.

I found it very unlikely to have only 2 mesmer occurrences (counting the today’s one) in 30 days, having 8 classes and 2 of them each day. I’m not sure it’s pure RNG, looks like a rotation with a predefined low weight.

As a person who hates playing as mesmer, I’m glad mesmer pvp daily has only come up a few times. Mesmer and thieve dailies I skip.

As a person who plays only mesmer (and occasionally ranger) in PvP and hates everything else, I’m displeased mesmer dailies are so rare.

in PvP

Posted by: spectral.5298

spectral.5298

Yeah I also think it’s shame mesmer gets no attention at all.

When it comes to daily I thought of good altarnative (only PvP daily):

- PvP daily is generated per account (everyone get diffrent set of possible achis) to prevent one profession floods (those 4 man thief teams) as well as objective farming (5 people standing on point waiting for enemy to stomp to get defender – because as every PvP player knows – people do not go practice for daily but straight arena – which is supposed to be competitive). see Lishtenbird.2814 first post
+
- Profession pool generated from account slots, so you actually get profession you want to play and have certain degree of experience with. (Optional)

What do you guys think?

(edited by spectral.5298)

in PvP

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Maybe Anet knows everyone hates playing against mesmers? Well maybe except thieves.

One – Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Maybe Anet knows everyone hates playing against mesmers? Well maybe except thieves.

Let me correct those typos for you:

Maybe Anet knows everyone hates playing against mesmers? Well maybe except against teams without thieves

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

This really really needs to be randomized by account or changed altogether. I was hoping this would have been changed in yesterday’s patch.

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

I suggest the OP looks into statistics at some point.

in PvP

Lishtenbird.2814

I studied statistics and I found 1 occurrence in a month with 2/8 success probability every day to be worth checking.

I do not think they’re RNG. I think they’re on a fixed rotation or semi-RNG, just like dailies used to be before the update.

in PvP

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

If they make mesmer dailies more often, i hope they fix matchmaking first. I was just in a match with 7 mesmers, 2 thieves and a necro. Between all the clones, phantasms, minions and thieves guild, it was just a pile of bodies. Not fun in the least..

in PvP

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

http://stattrek.com/online-calculator/binomial.aspx

Input: .25, 30, 1.

Chances of there being more than 1 occurrence in a month in a pure RNG system: 99.8%.

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Micronumerosity issues.

It would be interesting to see the actual mathematics behind class dailies.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

The less Mesmers the better.

in PvP

Lishtenbird.2814

Whoever was saying that profession dailies were pure RNG – come and say it again:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/Table

• The profession winner achievements are somewhat odd, introducing a real profession bias.
  • Most liked professions are Guardian, Thief, and Engineer (11 times a month)
  • Least liked are Mesmer and Necromancer (only 4 times each)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2xnf7l/wiki_daily_achievements_preview_now_available/cp1o1d7

Professions – Frequency
Mesmer – 4
Necromancer – 4
Ranger – 6
Warrior – 7
Thief – 9
Elementalist – 9
Engineer – 10
Guardian – 11

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2xnf7l/wiki_daily_achievements_preview_now_available/cp1owzv

So, definitely not enough guardians, engies and eles in PvP… Right?

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

in PvP

Lishtenbird.2814

in PvP

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I’m just gonna quote myself here:

According to wiki-research, there’s two PvP class-winner slots. Slot 1 is shared between Guardian, Mesmer, Ranger and Thief; and slot 2 between Elementalist, Engineer, Necromancer and Warrior. So, from december 12th to february 20th, we’ve had the following professions chosen:

Slot 1:
Guardian: 24
Thief: 20
Ranger: 11
Mesmer: 9

Slot 2:
Engineer: 21
Elementalist: 20
Warrior: 15
Necromancer: 8

Looks like RNG is kinda biased here. Although of course it MIGHT equal out in the next year or two or so, but still…

But yeah, it’s still possible to get those results with randomness. But currently, RNG seems to dislike Mesmers and Necros, and really love Guardians, Thieves and Engineers with a passion. ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

My point is that your sample is no proof of bad randomness.

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

They should randomize only over 4 days. In other words, every 4 days all 8 professions should show up. First day you random from all 8 professions, second from the 6 remaining, third from the 4 remaining, and fourth are the last two. That way you get a more consistent distribution.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in PvP

Lishtenbird.2814

My point is that your sample is no proof of bad randomness.

Because, indeed, it is not randomness, it is deliberately pre-picked to favour certain profession and punish others:

I assume that information on the wiki is based on data that was previously gathered – i.e. there is some pattern to it

Yes, we monitored the daily achievements since their introduction, and essentially, the dailies run on a fixed cycle where each day of the month maps to a fixed set of dailies, repeating every month. It’s actually how the dailies have been working for years.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2xnf7l/wiki_daily_achievements_preview_now_available/cp1zkks

But yeah, it’s still possible to get those results with randomness. But currently, RNG seems to dislike Mesmers and Necros, and really love Guardians, Thieves and Engineers with a passion. ^^

There’s like… an infinitely close to zero chance that over several months the exact dailies appeared on the exact days of the month. As if they were, you know… predefined.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Don’t be sad Mesmers, at least you aren’t Necros.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

As someone who plays mesmer, I’m thankful that there haven’t been more mesmer dailies. Too many mesmers hurts a team, and I still see our class represented fairly often in matches. I’d rather miss out on the daily reward than have a day of broken team comps.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com