Mesmer got way too faceroll

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

I agreed mesmer needed a buff, but more in survivabililty than damage/pressure.

At this moment, the teams with the most mesmers win.
Just utilize daze mantra, CI and you’re done. Maybe add staff to it for that extra interupt..

I only got about 200-300 games on Mesmer and wow, I feel like such a king now.

Quite awkward that good mesmers are king while bad mesmers are..well..also king.. equal to good mesmers.. Obvious build issue?

Mesmers will defend their class, duh, but something needs to be done at the faceroll rate.

Maybe add an ICD to CI, add longer CD between the mantra’s, disable mantra’s while cc’d, etc etc

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I agreed mesmer needed a buff, but more in survivabililty than damage/pressure.

At this moment, the teams with the most mesmers win.
Just utilize daze mantra, CI and you’re done. Maybe add staff to it for that extra interupt..

I only got about 200-300 games on Mesmer and wow, I feel like such a king now.

Quite awkward that good mesmers are king while bad mesmers are..well..also king.. equal to good mesmers.. Obvious build issue?

Mesmers will defend their class, duh, but something needs to be done at the faceroll rate.

Maybe add an ICD to CI, add longer CD between the mantra’s, disable mantra’s while cc’d, etc etc

Maybe just nerf damage and buff group utility.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Or maybe you need to require some skill’s & L2P

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Maybe all changes made to Mesmers should be rolled back and those “Mesmer mains” should L2P?

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Aha, our first mesmer player!

(edited by Terrorsquad.4802)

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Mesmers do not have a chance to be a player in the wts. Pls let them.

Wot? In both EU teams going to WTS, there’s a mesmer lol.. I wonder why?!

oRNG Roster: http://play.eslgaming.com/guildwars2/global/gw2/major/go4guildwars2-europe/june-2015-finals/team/8008503/

Suddenly, oRNG decided to take a mesmer, I wonder why..

TCG Roster: http://play.eslgaming.com/guildwars2/global/gw2/major/go4guildwars2-europe/june-2015-finals/team/9084639/
Look, another mesmer going WTS, incredible! But he atleast mains and plays mesmer for years in e-sports, which I respect.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Even Abjured is playing with Mesmer now…

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Orly? Well, look at that, I wonder why GUYS!?

in PvP

Morwath.9817

…and their enemies in finals also had Mesmer. I wonder why ;-(
Looks like everyone mains Mesmer at eSportz lvl suddenly.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

…and their enemies in finals also had Mesmer. I wonder why ;-(
Looks like everyone mains Mesmer at eSportz lvl suddenly.

But Morwatch, lets not despair, Im sure its just us with a L2P issue as most mesmers mains will call it out!

The e-sports team didnt take Mesmers because they’re OP, they took them for the challenge, surely! Right?

RIGHT?! :<

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

They bring ONE mesmer and suddenly the class needs a nerf xD? We can’t count helseth’s squad either, since the man is an amazing mesmer with or without buffs.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

They bring ONE mesmer and suddenly the class needs a nerf xD? We can’t count helseth’s squad either, since the man is an amazing mesmer with or without buffs.

Reminder: oRNG (team who used to play without Mesmer at all in the past) has won ESL in last week with double Mesmer comp.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Ehh no, every team brings 1 or even 2 mesmers, obviously something is wrong. Also mechanically, they’re so easy to learn and play right now, its unbelievable.

I bet top mesmers are mad at the fact everyone can pick it up and be as good as them mechanically in a short time. Making them look like just another guy using an OP build carrying them.

(remember Turret Engi, thats how easy Mesmer became now)

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Reminder: oRNG (team who used to play without Mesmer at all in the past) has won ESL in last week with double Mesmer comp.

^Exactly, team with most mesmers win now, quite obvious something is wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

sadly they won’t do anything about balance before WTS or even maybe till HoT sooo enjoy the game dudd.

We’re doomed to the mesmers reign.

in PvP

Posted by: Fox Reeveheart.1890

Fox Reeveheart.1890

something is horribly, HORRIBLY wrong when the mesmer is doing thief burst damage with stealth and then makes a million clones of themself and goes stealth again.

I been repeatedly seeing mesmers as top players on their teams all last week and this week.

What does anet do? I don’t think they touched mesmers at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Verilan.2963

Verilan.2963

Mesmer “mains”: “Hurr durr, mesmer hardest class in game, L2P”
To be serious for a moment, I think the problem is the combination of teleports & stealth combined with tons of instant abilities (including both defensive and offensive mechanics).
Instant skills is (in my humble opinion, at least) unhealthy for the game – it promotes “luck-of-the-draw” gameplay, random dodges, and uncounterable bursts – and mesmer is basically built around them.

On a side note, I find it amusing to hear FotM mesmers go all “Mesmer used to be subpar, postpatch it is on par with the other classes, and our uber skills is why we dominate now”.

Of course, as you look at the fight, the poor ranger did everything right,
yet was beaten by an omnipotent, invisible assassin of justice, or whatever.
Thief

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

sadly they won’t do anything about balance before WTS or even maybe till HoT sooo enjoy the game dudd.

We’re doomed to the mesmers reign.

Think I’ll play one myself and sleep/faceroll myself to next WTS.

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Mesmers are now in good position and are balanced.

Only PU need some rework, or rather Confusion condition does.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

yep like any other class?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

Only PU need some rework, or rather Confusion condition does.

I’m pretty sure most Mesmers don’t use PU in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Kabikaz.8637

Kabikaz.8637

From what I am seeing,, Mes is falling out of the Meta again, already. At least that’s what my PVP aware guildies are saying.

It’s a pub stomp class. That’s about it, in the long run.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

From what I am seeing,, Mes is falling out of the Meta again, already. At least that’s what my PVP aware guildies are saying.

Tell your PvP Aware Guildies to watch ESL and play vs decent ppl

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Oh, stop it you, you troll <3

in PvP

Posted by: Gyhni.7038

Gyhni.7038

They should really nerf them. Can even pull bosses in PvP.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

I’m not sure man, as a ranger mesmer seems still seem alright to me… I’ve played against some of the best ones too and it seems like if I make a mistake I’m kittened and if they make a mistake they’re kittened, that seems like how it should be IMO but for some other classes that might not be the case.

@Amir: If you’re suggesting an evade ranger does alot of damage, you’re mistaken. An evade ranger would be condi based so knowing this avoid torch skills and you should be good – bleeds and poison do hardly anything right now. Count the evades on the weapon set and setup burst afterwards. Pretty simple actually, the most important thing against a ranger is waiting for them to heal → interrupt and keep range. An evade ranger relies on being close to you to do damage (axe/d , sword/t).

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

I’m not sure man, as a ranger mesmer seems still seem alright to me… I’ve played against some of the best ones too and it seems like if I make a mistake I’m kittened and if they make a mistake they’re kittened, that seems like how it should be IMO but for some other classes that might not be the case.

Ranger will remain good in 1v1, one of the best. But in team arena.. I dont see them, do you?

(talking about mid-high tier pvp)

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Ehh no, every team brings 1 or even 2 mesmers, obviously something is wrong.

What other classes are the same across every team?

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Ehh no, every team brings 1 or even 2 mesmers, obviously something is wrong.

What other classes are the same across every team?

Thieves and Mesmers are the core. Majority of teams uses also 1-2 Eles, but not always.
You can also sometimes see Guardians, Warriors and Engis. Rarely Necros and nearly ever Rangers (unless in early stages of Tournaments and their team is losing anyway).

in PvP

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Ranger will remain good in 1v1, one of the best. But in team arena.. I dont see them, do you?

You don’t see them because ANET has geared towards ranger having very selfish utilities aside from condi renewal signet active and 4 on longbow. Everything else is geared toward 1on1, I think you pretty much answered your own question on this one.

Rangers had spirits , which was the only team support build that made it to top tier, was abused, then nerfed.

Rangers had BM , which was the only 1on1 node fighting build that made it to top tier, birds were op, so they decided to nerf the whole profession ( ).

Traps were good at the beginning of the game, moreso because I think people hadn’t found out about the above 2 yet, but haven’t seen a trap build in top tier pvp in over 2 years.

Power works, but problem is , ranger has no ports, boon stripping, etc for power to work appropriately as alot of classes can just out-tank the damage and cc you and when you go off of stone signet it’s GG.

These kinds of things makes rangers really only good in 1on1s, even then you might see them not do as well against cele elementalists , warriors if they’re played well. Which I think is kind of the point.

I just don’t want classes to get nerfed because of ‘if they play them right they’re godlike!’ mentality. If you play any class right, then you’ll do well and as such you should get rewarded for it at it including ranger in 1on1s, but simply put ANET didn’t gear ranger toward team play so therefore you don’t see them.

Damage should not be changed, but survivability may need to go down if you’re going to nerf anything at all. Even then, I’d wait it out to see what situational comps can counter mesmers in team play before making any moves.

Please don’t nerf damage, the game is fun right now in this respect.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Mesmers got overbuffed; they should remove the +15% base Phant damage (no one asked for that – add extra damage to the trait), do something with the Daze=Stun trait (increase its ICD or require rupt to stun), Blind on Shatter should be dodgable (but they copied the Guardian Virtue Blind so don’t hold your breath on this one), maybe make the Fury uptime 5/10.

I don’t want to be hacking away at it much more atm tbh. As its still reasonably early and I honestly don’t want the class completely ripped apart after so long being neglected (I remind everyone that Mesmers haven’t changed a single trait point for almost 3yrs).

But yes I agree something must be done to tone it down. There may be other decent suggestions out there but lets not go crazy.

in PvP

Morwath.9817

Please don’t nerf damage, the game is fun right now in this respect.

Disagree.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

WHERE IS THE LINK TO THIS DOUBLE MESMER GAMEPLAY?!

I honestly want to know. In the ESL that I watched they had Frostball playing for Rom, and Rom btw will never play mesmer because he is one of those one class only players.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Morwath.9817

I honestly want to know. In the ESL that I watched they had Frostball playing for Rom, and Rom btw will never play mesmer because he is one of those one class only players.

How many times you will ask about it and how many times I will have to link it once again? ;P

-> http://www.twitch.tv/jebrounity/v/6857511

P.S.
Frostball isn’t playing instead of Rom.

in PvP

jportell.2197

How many times you will ask about it and how many times I will have to link it once again? ;P

P.S.

So my question, the whole time teams were playing with two eles, that was totally balanced right?

Yeah thought not.

Watching that stream right now. The two mesmers aren’t why ORNG won. They won because every single one of them went full yolo damage builds.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

(edited by jportell.2197)

in PvP

Morwath.9817

P.S.

So my question, the whole time teams were playing with two eles, that was totally balanced right?

Yeah thought not.

Obviously it wasn’t, never said that ‘Ele was fine’ or that ‘Ele is fine’.

in PvP

jportell.2197

P.S.

Yeah thought not.

Yeah it was, by several players several times. And it took until this most recent patch to actually fix that boring as hell meta.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Cogbyrn.7283

P.S.

Yeah thought not.

Yeah it was, by several players several times. And it took until this most recent patch to actually fix that boring as hell meta.

Is the 1-2 Mesmer Meta exciting as hell because it’s the class you play?

And misdirection of the discussion to some other class is what Thieves do. Don’t sink to that level. All it really does is demonstrate you don’t have an argument besides “But look over there”.

If Ele isn’t fine, it doesn’t mean Mesmer is fine.

in PvP

jportell.2197

P.S.

Yeah thought not.

Is the 1-2 Mesmer Meta exciting as hell because it’s the class you play?

And misdirection of the discussion to some other class is what Thieves do. Don’t sink to that level. All it really does is demonstrate you don’t have an argument besides “But look over there”.

If Ele isn’t fine, it doesn’t mean Mesmer is fine.

The point your missing is, oRNG ran 2 mesmers as part of a full on damage team, just for for the hell of it honestly. They aren’t going to WTS with two mesmers. Two mesmers will not be meta. It was one set with two mesmers in the “esports” tournament. It does not mean that mesmer is “broken”.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Ehh no, every team brings 1 or even 2 mesmers, obviously something is wrong. Also mechanically, they’re so easy to learn and play right now, its unbelievable.

I bet top mesmers are mad at the fact everyone can pick it up and be as good as them mechanically in a short time. Making them look like just another guy using an OP build carrying them.

(remember Turret Engi, thats how easy Mesmer became now)

:o with that flawless logic guards and wars are broken too since there are generally 1 to 2 of each on every team.

L2p issues – you’ve never dealt against mantras because they were worthless before with a cd of 30 s + how ever long it took to use up all the charges

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Rangers in team arena have nothing to do with mesmers. Both rangers and mesmers are strong 1v1 burst professions, that left alone will wreck the opposing team. This is why they are both strong outside of teamplay. The difference is that in teamplay, mesmers (and thieves too) bring a lot more additional support and mobility than rangers. This doesn’t mean that mesmers and thieves need to be nerfed. It means that rangers need more reasons to be brought on a team. If mesmers and thieves suddenly vanished, people still wouldn’t be bringing rangers to team arenas.

in PvP

DaShi.1368

What class isn’t faceroll to play?

in PvP

DaShi.1368

Tell your PvP Aware Guildies to watch ESL and play vs decent ppl

People are bringing mesmers now because they are getting so much attention. Whether they stay is the issue, and not necessarily bad (otherwise, you have to argue for nerfing every class in a tournament). Frankly, I feel mesmers still have a lot of the same problems in high level play that they always had and people will still choose thieves over them more often.

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Mesmer definitely got overbuffed and is way too strong this patch, but everyone’s damage also got buffed. I would say nerf PU to 33 or 50% stalth duration, nerf Confounding Suggestions to a 10 sec icd per target, nerf the free phant damage, and then nerf ammy stats. Mesmer and a lot of other classes damage should be better with these changes.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Mesmers are in a good spot right now. I disagree that they got overbuffed. They have multiple counters and a number of glaring weakness’ to offset whatever you think is overpowered.
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EitZRLt2G3w

in PvP

Cogbyrn.7283

Mesmers are in a good spot right now. I disagree that they got overbuffed. They have multiple counters and a number of glaring weakness’ to offset whatever you think is overpowered.
-

Would you mind having an open discussion about the glaring weaknesses?

EDIT – I’m intrigued why you would link that video, as after watching it, this seems more like a case of the developer not balancing for skill properly.

(edited by Cogbyrn.7283)

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Mantra spec became viable and automatically became faceroll/2stronk?

Certainly as has been mentioned – L2p issue for sure.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

-

Would you mind having an open discussion about the glaring weaknesses?

EDIT – I’m intrigued why you would link that video, as after watching it, this seems more like a case of the developer not balancing for skill properly.

you mean after almost 3 years of rolling over mesmers players have to be told how to fight them? The same way its always been condi spam, hard counter teef, or pressuring mesmer to make a mistake.

as for the 2nd part prolly because anet has a tendency to buff passive skills giving players the illusion that they think they are playing better. kinda like when dhuumfire got nerfed and suddenly a good portion of necros were saying necro unviable XD

Please actively avoid passive traits

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

If this is eSport it’s the most unbalanced eSport I have ever seen. This last balance patch was in my opinion a complete disaster in terms of class balance. It’s like Anet implemented a new trait system but didn’t rebalanced the skills in consequence, the end result being a game that is completely frustrating to play.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

nerf their mindwrack combo damage by about 15% and put some icd on the kitten block.