Mesmer got way too faceroll

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

They bring ONE mesmer and suddenly the class needs a nerf xD? We can’t count helseth’s squad either, since the man is an amazing mesmer with or without buffs.

Reminder: oRNG (team who used to play without Mesmer at all in the past) has won ESL in last week with double Mesmer comp.

^Exactly, team with most mesmers win now, quite obvious something is wrong.

Yesterday was the “big” monthly finals… and guess what: A lot of mesmers disappeared!

oRNG took a really close second place (lord rush failed at 1%) without a mesmer.
Abjured won NA without a mesmer.

Seems the teams learned to play around them / counter them.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Scambug.3502

Scambug.3502

Nerf Moa. 10 secs is too long. Mesmers used to be meh so everyone took the stealth elite for added survivability. Now that they’re balanced / OP , most mesmers run the moa elite and I find the 10 seconds to be way overpowered. Either reduce duration or break effect after taking X amount of damage. Getting totaled while in stupid bird form has to be the most underwhelming experience this game delivers….by far.
This BS elite paired with their current insane burst is too much.

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Nerf Moa. 10 secs is too long. Mesmers used to be meh so everyone took the stealth elite for added survivability. Now that they’re balanced / OP , most mesmers run the moa elite and I find the 10 seconds to be way overpowered. Either reduce duration or break effect after taking X amount of damage. Getting totaled while in stupid bird form has to be the most underwhelming experience this game delivers….by far.
This BS elite paired with their current insane burst is too much.

Moa was used before the update by every good Mesmer – the overall damage increase is why it feels so much more painful now.

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

I’ve played Mesmer less and less since the patch. It’s been my main since I started playing, but I decided to play on my Guardian more, as I thought teams would prefer to see less Mesmers, with the current saturation of them popping up in PvP.

In one of the games I played yesterday, the opposite team had 2 Mesmers and we have 0. I don’t know if the enemy Mesmers were in a pre-made group or not, but they always kept together.

We had home and mid nodes, fully expecting the enemy to come to mid. They didn’t show up at first, but then all of a sudden they came out of stealth and the 2 Mesmers were setting up their clones, for their shatters. Now I happened to be playing a Bunker build on my Guardian. To my surprise, the 2 Mesmers (and their team) didn’t actually manage to kill us, or chase us off the point. The Mesmers ended up dying and their team retreated.

The Mesmers tried taking our home node so I kept them busy on the point (we were rotating between home and mid), until my team got to the point and finished them off. We ended up winning the game 500 points to their 250 points (roughly).

I don’t if they just happened to be REALLY bad at playing Mesmer, or if my team just happened to be good at countering their bursts, but they didn’t really give us any trouble.

Having said that, I did play a game a couple of days ago, as a DPS guardian and ended up having trouble with the enemy Mesmer. Mesmer seems to be a real mixed bag right now, but obviously it’s very powerful at the minute. The main frustration I seem to be seeing from people, is similar to what people complained about Thief. The stealth.

I honestly don’t know what to suggest. I mean, Mesmer (and Thief for that matter), do need some form of survivability, in this case it being stealth, otherwise they’d just get destroyed and be farmed for points. Hopefully Anet can figure out some way to balance it out a bit.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

They bring ONE mesmer and suddenly the class needs a nerf xD? We can’t count helseth’s squad either, since the man is an amazing mesmer with or without buffs.

Reminder: oRNG (team who used to play without Mesmer at all in the past) has won ESL in last week with double Mesmer comp.

Yesterday was the “big” monthly finals… and guess what: A lot of mesmers disappeared!

oRNG took a really close second place (lord rush failed at 1%) without a mesmer.

Abjured won cuz backpack cant even play mesmer.. He barely plays it. His whole team was spending more time on respawn than anything else. Also the Abjured is the only one in its league for 30 ESL weeklies (won) in a row now.. Not really a good example if you ask me.

oRNG lost, exactly.

Alot of mesmers disappeared? How can they disappear if they were never in the teams? o.O

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I think they practice with their core members, because they can’t bring Frostball during WTS? oRNG without Frostball seems to be much weaker ;-)

in PvP

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

I went from being crap at playing mesmer pre-patch to being a god after the 23rd.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

I honestly don’t know what to suggest. I mean, Mesmer (and Thief for that matter), do need some form of survivability, in this case it being stealth, otherwise they’d just get destroyed and be farmed for points. Hopefully Anet can figure out some way to balance it out a bit.

They already did.
Mesmer since Balance patch is no longer Stealth dependent to survive.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

The problem is the fact that Mesmer can do essentially 10k burst with shatter or sustain damage with Phantasms while evading. There is literally NO RISK when you are attacking anything that isn’t a Thief in this meta as a Mesmer and their damage is one of the easiest damages to land in the game cause of AI and instant cast.

At least shortbow evade on Thief doesn’t do 10k damage. S/D thief doesn’t have much CC or interrupt. Zerker Warrior doesn’t have instant casts and if you’re evading too much on Warr you don’t really much damage while Mesmer can still have a lot and will even have more when Rampage gets nerfed.

It has always been this way since Launch.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

(edited by BlackTruth.6813)

in PvP

Posted by: Yunalesca.9850

Yunalesca.9850

They already did.
Mesmer since Balance patch is no longer Stealth dependent to survive.

Right, we now have Blind on every shatter skill which synergises well with IP being baseline. Also we have Daze and Stun on demand and if we take Power Block, Weakness is also applied at an Interrupt. We have Distortion and teleports – but guess what: everybody is complaining about one or more of our defence mechanism.

We can burst and die instantly after that, but I think thats not exactly brilliant.

We don’t have to take all These skills, but usually it’s easier to survive the increased damage of everyone if we can evade and mitigate it. I for myself run interupts and two stealth skills (torch and decoy) and so far I did pretty well against other classes. Problem for me are conditions, but I’m working on that.

But as mentiont before give CS an ICD of 10s, let BD be evadable and blockable and tone down the stealth Duration given by PU – thats plenty to make it easier for other classes to foresee the burst and kill the mesmer.

Yuna Brija – Bunker Chronomancer [TDG]

in PvP

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

mesmer stupidly op in pvp normal got 9-12k from phantas + 10k shatter + 10-13 confusion + 20-25 vulnerable + cc+conditions in 2s so if i dont die instant from spike i die to confusion
its joke when i have +3.6k armor and i will die almost instant so what is the point to have armor? its starting begin useless stat like healing power when with 3.6k you survive 2-3s and with dmg gears you survive 1-2s 1s is gear waste

(edited by Pecar.1236)

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Abjured won cuz backpack cant even play mesmer.. He barely plays it.

Now I agree blinds ignoring evades needs to be fixed. Mantra of distraction with Confounding Suggestions + CI, As well as PU in combination with the insp are a bit strong 1v1. But I do think the rest is actually fine.

However the rest of the teams short comings aside.. As per your example I thought the entire premise from your OP was that “Mesmers are faceroll”, “Even bad mesmers are king as well as the good ones”, and “The team with the most mesmers wins.”

This is clearly not the case.

If a player who apparently has not played a mesmer very much (so objectively a bad mesmer) cannot easily pick up and play then clearly it is not as faceroll as described. If we are talking about the supposed top players here not just some random scrubs, it might be a stretch to call someone bad. However if it’s so easy why does it matter with little prior experience?

Fact is it doesn’t, a lot of the QQ outside of obvious bugs are all L2P issues. Although I do agree mid-high tier pvp outside of shoutcasted tournies, class stacking is very problematic. Especially with the way our metas promote the abundant use of similar specs, and I’ve argued since old d/d valk ele that we should not allow this type of play. However this has been the status quo for a while, players have found ways around stacked zoo ranger, hambow, ect. I do not see how any of this is different. Other than it’s clearly not as meta if the representation was minimal, or those who did use it did not get carried or carry by the apparent OP nature the forum QQs about..

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in PvP

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

mesmer and ele is broken as hell d/d ele tons of boons what spam +healing + dmg and big condi dmg from burning

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Abjured won cuz backpack cant even play mesmer.. He barely plays it.

Now I agree blinds ignoring evades needs to be fixed. Mantra of distraction with Confounding Suggestions + CI, As well as PU in combination with the insp are a bit strong 1v1. But I do think the rest is actually fine.

However the rest of the teams short comings aside.. As per your example I thought the entire premise from your OP was that “Mesmers are faceroll”, “Even bad mesmers are king as well as the good ones”, and “The team with the most mesmers wins.”

This is clearly not the case.

If a player who apparently has not played a mesmer very much (so objectively a bad mesmer) cannot easily pick up and play then clearly it is not as faceroll as described. If we are talking about the supposed top players here not just some random scrubs, it might be a stretch to call someone bad. However if it’s so easy why does it matter with little prior experience?

Fact is it doesn’t, a lot of the QQ outside of obvious bugs are all L2P issues. Although I do agree mid-high tier pvp outside of shoutcasted tournies, class stacking is very problematic. Especially with the way our metas promote the abundant use of similar specs, and I’ve argued since old d/d valk ele that we should not allow this type of play. However this has been the status quo for a while, players have found ways around stacked zoo ranger, hambow, ect. I do not see how any of this is different. Other than it’s clearly not as meta if the representation was minimal, or those who did use it did not get carried or carry by the apparent OP nature the forum QQs about..

Faceroll doesnt mean you’re king once you pick it up, I never said such a thing.

Also Abjured is a bad example because they’re the only ones in their league for 30 weeks straight now. NA only has 1 team in that league, doesnt matter how much cheese you throw against them.

But lets look at EU Go4 finals, shall we?
Team with mesmer won against a team without while they’re both on same league.

There.

(edited by Terrorsquad.4802)

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Fact is it doesn’t, a lot of the QQ outside of obvious bugs are all L2P issues.

People that have “L2P” left GW2 PvP long ago (who are not masochists), because to anyone with even the slightest clue as to what constitutes good well designed gameplay, things like instant stuns that can be applied from 1200 range, multiple times a minute, even from stealth, is such monumentality inept broken game design that is pointless playing the PvP.

The game has a lovely fluid combat engine, but that is it, the rest of the combat / mechanics are a poorly designed, low skilled, joke, if you had “L2P” you would realise that.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Posted by: fluxit.8247

fluxit.8247

Mesmer is very squishy, so very squishy. Get one get one good cc when theyre out of stealth, burst and watch their health drop.

When they go into stealth kite backwards. Dodge forwards through the mirror blade which you can see even instealth. Dodge the illusionary berserker which you will see spawn in your peripheral vision. Dont stand there and tank that man.

Mesmer burst hasnt really increased all too much despite the outcries in the forum. What has greatly increased is the mesmers survivability which was sorely needed.

Just stop with all the nonsense.

Blind through evade is not something unique to mesmer, other classes can cureently do this.

Invulnerability and blocks isnt something uniquevto mesmers. Other classes can do do this.

High spike damage is not something unique to mesmers, other classes can do this.

Come on people just stop. Stop it stop it stop it. What is wrong with you all.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Mesmer is very squishy, so very squishy. Get one get one good cc when theyre out of stealth, burst and watch their health drop.

When they go into stealth kite backwards. Dodge forwards through the mirror blade which you can see even instealth. Dodge the illusionary berserker which you will see spawn in your peripheral vision. Dont stand there and tank that man.

Mesmer burst hasnt really increased all too much despite the outcries in the forum. What has greatly increased is the mesmers survivability which was sorely needed.

Blind through evade is not something unique to mesmer, other classes can cureently do this.

Invulnerability and blocks isnt something uniquevto mesmers. Other classes can do do this.

High spike damage is not something unique to mesmers, other classes can do this.

While invuls, blinds, strong CC, burst, stealth or ports aren’t unique to Mesmers… all of them combined into one build is unique to Mesmers.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

While invuls, blinds, strong CC, burst, stealth or ports aren’t unique to Mesmers… all of them combined into one build is unique to Mesmers.

^was about to say the same thing; “other classes can do this”.. Yes, but not all at once, there is no such class able to do all of that except Mesmer lol..

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Right, we now have Blind on every shatter skill which synergises well with IP being baseline. Also we have Daze and Stun on demand and if we take Power Block, Weakness is also applied at an Interrupt. We have Distortion and teleports – but guess what: everybody is complaining about one or more of our defence mechanism.

That’s the point.

We can burst and die instantly after that, but I think thats not exactly brilliant.

We don’t have to take all These skills, but usually it’s easier to survive the increased damage of everyone if we can evade and mitigate it. I for myself run interupts and two stealth skills (torch and decoy) and so far I did pretty well against other classes. Problem for me are conditions, but I’m working on that.

True.
I personally play Mantra of Recovery – 3 casts + 2x condition heal per cast.
I don’t use decoy because stealth isn’t needed for my survival, that’s why I did pick up Mantra of Concentration and finally Mantra of Distortion.

I have as Elite, Stealth or Moa signet, where still I barely use any of them because situation doesn’t call for it.
I’m still equipped with one utility skill of choice which depends mostly on who’s in enemy team – but still Blink is my favorite.

But as mentiont before give CS an ICD of 10s, let BD be evadable and blockable and tone down the stealth Duration given by PU – thats plenty to make it easier for other classes to foresee the burst and kill the mesmer.

I’ll say that Stealth isn’t a problem.
Burn and Confusion damage is way too high.

And in WvW, as it may not be the part of this forum, still, Confusion hits for ~3k per skill usage.

It’s worse than Torment.

Those two conditions need to be reworked and despite the Stealth length, PU Mesmer no longer will be a build which require basic pvp skills to contribute.

But that’s my pov.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

It’s simple. People like that they can faceroll on their FOTM class and don’t want it to be nerfed. I only want very specific nerfs so that ANet can nerf the things that really need a nerf, and I think every nerf I said was pretty reasonable.

I never thought I’d agree with you after your outburst in the PU thread but I think you’re on the right track with:

" I would say nerf PU to 33 or 50% stalth duration, nerf Confounding Suggestions to a 10 sec icd per target, nerf the free phant damage, and then nerf ammy stats. Mesmer and a lot of other classes damage should be better with these changes."

I’d make PU +2s instead as it brings MI down further but gives veil more function.
CS agreed or on interrupt, not too bothered.
Phantasm damage I’d just fold it into the trait so it’s 30% and you have to choose it (remember it is both old traits in one) but yeah base buff not needed to be base entirely.
Ammy speaks for itself, agreed.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Sounds like the OP got stomped by a Mesmer. L2P folks.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

So basicly, every team has been running atleast 1 ele (mostly 2 eles during cele meta) for the longest time. Now they are finally utilizing Mesmers and suddenly everyones starting to cry. I love it.

Optimise [OP]

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

So basicly, every team has been running atleast 1 ele (mostly 2 eles during cele meta) for the longest time. Now they are finally utilizing Mesmers and suddenly everyones starting to cry. I love it.

Don’t forget thieves.

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Sounds like the OP got stomped by a Mesmer. L2P folks.

Errr… The point is I actually played Mesmer myself..

in PvP

Terrorsquad.4802

Hmm, might wanna re-check the forums, there are more ppl telling Eles are OP than Mesmers and much longer (pre-patch)..

Your comment is invalid, thank you.