Mesmer is easier then Ranger?

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Man what is with all these people suddenly thinking mesmer is easy mode… I just had a power necro, a condi engi, an S/D Thief and, a D/D ele tell me mesmer was easymode, autowin OP….

I
can’t
even.

Don’t look for logic or reasonable arguments from the “gud” players.

Need to add to the list Pistol/ Shield Engi and a Condi s/d+SB ranger… All called shatter mesmer cheesy easy mode.

How about d/p thief getting killed by shatter mesmer and whispering “Mesmer op”?

Haven’t had that one yet. However for all the people here screaming Mesmer is easy mode and OP it must be why it is taken on nearly EVERY SINGLE COMPETITIVE team. But oh wait…. it’s not. You know what classes are taken on nearly every single competitive team…
Shout bow
D/d Cele ele or staff cele (once you have the basic might stacking rotation down you could play it one handed, staff is a little harder)
Shout bow warrior
Celestial engine with slick shoes.

In most cases teams double up on either the engis or the eles. Mesmers have had a harder time being in the meta than any other class for well over a year now.

Oh I also had someone tell me Mesmer was easy because Helseth plays it. And if he can do it it must be super easy

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

It’s much easier landing burst and maintaining good sustain as a Ranger, but Mesmer has an easier time misdirecting people when the going gets tough. Although, much of that misdirection (and survivability) involves stealth and a short invulnerability, which prevents them from capping a point so it requires careful planning, whereas a Ranger can just activate Signet of Stone and ignore direct damage for 6 seconds whilst still capping a point, so it’s contextual.

It does seem strange to want to know which one of these classes are the easiest to play when they both occupy middle of the road territory in mid-high level sPvP because other classes have builds that are both easier to play whilst also be far more viable in this game mode.

Gandara

in PvP

jportell.2197

It’s much easier landing burst and maintaining good sustain as a Ranger, but Mesmer has an easier time misdirecting people when the going gets tough. Although, much of that misdirection (and survivability) involves stealth and a short invulnerability, which prevents them from capping a point so it requires careful planning, whereas a Ranger can just activate Signet of Stone and ignore direct damage for 6 seconds whilst still capping a point, so it’s contextual.

It does seem strange to want to know which one of these classes are the easiest to play when they both occupy middle of the road territory in mid-high level sPvP because other classes have builds that are both easier to play whilst also be far more viable in this game mode.

cough D/d Ele cough

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Ranger is the easiest for someone new to the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Man what is with all these people suddenly thinking mesmer is easy mode… I just had a power necro, a condi engi, an S/D Thief and, a D/D ele tell me mesmer was easymode, autowin OP….

I
can’t
even.

Need to add to the list Pistol/ Shield Engi and a Condi s/d+SB ranger… All called shatter mesmer cheesy easy mode.

How about d/p thief getting killed by shatter mesmer and whispering “Mesmer op”?

That must be one Idiot thief that cant spam 1 & 2 button cuz thats all it takes to kill a mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

I
can’t
even.

That must be one Idiot thief that cant spam 1 & 2 button cuz thats all it takes to kill a mesmer.

Says the non-thief It’s obvious you’ve only seen Thief on a screenshot. Don’t embarrass yourself further.

You actually got me wonder if “1 & 2” thief could kill someone that has been playing this game for more than a week xD

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

I
can’t
even.

If you have panic strike you can just autoattack him after dodging his shatter combo…he’s gonna die anyway before shatter out of cd

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Archaon.9524

I
can’t
even.

Says the non-thief It’s obvious you’ve only seen Thief on a screenshot. Don’t embarrass yourself further.

You actually got me wonder if “1 & 2” thief could kill someone that has been playing this game for more than a week xD

mesmer op confirmed, he managed to survive 50 secs vs evis with dagger offhand only… nerf mesmer asap

and reduce entangle cd for the love of god, 60 (48 traited) secs is way too much for an unblockable aoe immobilize+bleeds

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

I
can’t
even.

mesmer op confirmed, he managed to survive 50 secs vs evis with dagger offhand only… nerf mesmer asap

and reduce entangle cd for the love of god, 60 (48 traited) secs is way too much for an unblockable aoe immobilize+bleeds

You do realize that this thief was made for this battle and that this build wouldn’t fly him at all in a real game right? I mean it doesn’t require a PhD to understand that so I don’t even know why you link this vid.

With the same success you can have a turret engi sitting his kitten off while this guy gets rekt.

Also idk who “Dat Korean Mesmer” is but that was one of the worst mesmer gameplays I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen better mesmers in a pug. With a greatsword <o>

Plus that video clearly shows you haven’t played a thief, just that you’ve seen a video on YouTube … bravo! Mad skillz bro

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Depends on the specific builds. It’ll also depend on what your opponents are playing. If you’re fighting a lot of thieves, then mes is probably going to be harder etc.

People are almost always oversimplifying when they say X or Y is easier.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in PvP

Archaon.9524

I
can’t
even.

You do realize that this thief was made for this battle and that this build wouldn’t fly him at all in a real game right? I mean it doesn’t require a PhD to understand that so I don’t even know why you link this vid.

With the same success you can have a turret engi sitting his kitten off while this guy gets rekt.

Also idk who “Dat Korean Mesmer” is but that was one of the worst mesmer gameplays I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen better mesmers in a pug. With a greatsword <o>

Plus that video clearly shows you haven’t played a thief, just that you’ve seen a video on YouTube … bravo! Mad skillz bro

Yeah dagger offhand only is a well known op 1v1 thief build

Actually i used to play thief for some time (Over 3k tournament matches) but it was a bit long ago…while on the other hand i can’t even find you on pre 16 dec ladder, can you enlight me about your pvp experience then? Because if you think dat shatter mesmer is hard to kill with a thief (No matter if s/d or d/p) sorry but you are the one who has absolutely no clue…any (and i mean ANY) shatter mesmer would last way shorter than 50 secs vs any decent thief running a proper spec, if you can’t kill mesmers or you have problems with them is definately your problem since thief vs mesmer is the hardest counter in this game hands down…i just used evis vid cause i remember we lolled hard when he made it (When he still used to be my team mate before quitting the game)…any thief vs shatter mesmer (Yeah with greatsword <o> rofl) vid would be way shorter than this if thief is just not totally braindead, and way less fun to watch too

I remember sensotix some months ago while we were talking about how to fight panic strike d/p thieves on mesmer…..and we ended up that the best option is to run, no matter how bad a thief can be he can still kill you just with some lucky random air+fire procs with panic strike

But i guess senso is (Well…was, since he’s not playing anymore) a noob mesmer too compared to your awesome experience…

Those forum guys are totally epic…or maybe you’re just talking about worthless bs condi mesmers, but that’s all about pve\wvsw so i’m not gonna waste time talking about\with pve guys here

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

Dude, just learn to play … that’s all. Any heavy condi build can take down a thief easily or force the thief into a retreat. This is not WvW, this is sPvP we’re talking. And we are talking about 1vs1 prowess from what I understand of your pity argument, which is rarely the case in sPvP. Obviously this mesmer could’ve built better.

And if your only option is to run from D/P thief (homosexual build yep), i pity you. There are godlike mesmer builds…

Oh and mr. pro leaderboarder, your team haven’t had a win yet this year in ESL, so what does that tell about you, LOL

P.S: Screw this e-kitten talk, make a thief and fight a condi mes.

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

bump

LOL http://www.twitch.tv/thelordhelseth/v/3839316 mesmer OP, kills thief with literally one hand on the keyboard.

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

bump

LOL http://www.twitch.tv/thelordhelseth/v/3839316 mesmer OP, kills thief with literally one hand on the keyboard.

Doesn’t everyone play with one hand on the keyboard? :P

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

So everyone says Rangers the easiest class, I have a 80 mesmer and it is so easy to play in PvP and WvW… In PvP all you have to do is press 123 and the clones will do everything if you’re using an illusion greatsword build.. hunter has a lot more mobility / kiting you need to do, so whys everyone say mesmers hard when I’m getting top scores easily?

Mesmer, from my personal experience, takes longer than ranger to adapt to playstyle, but after that it is prety easy to play. I achieve more success when i play mesmer than when i play ranger. I also find ranger more dificult do be good at against good players.

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

in PvP

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

L2P, pity, L2P, pity,… )))

Make condi p\d thief and fight any mesmer.
Just ur style of argumentation.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Dude, just learn to play … that’s all. Any heavy condi build can take down a thief easily or force the thief into a retreat. This is not WvW, this is sPvP we’re talking. And we are talking about 1vs1 prowess from what I understand of your pity argument, which is rarely the case in sPvP. Obviously this mesmer could’ve built better.

And if your only option is to run from D/P thief (homosexual build yep), i pity you. There are godlike mesmer builds…

Oh and mr. pro leaderboarder, your team haven’t had a win yet this year in ESL, so what does that tell about you, LOL

got some decent cups and final against tcg in #63 but always playing with 2 randoms and no thief atm…guess you probably won so many esl tournaments, please teach me how to do it…oh wait you don’t even show up in pre 16 dec ladder..roflmao, are you eu or na btw? since i have no idea who you are

…you talking about condi mesmers in pvp…so yeah…nevermind, discussing stuff with you is just gonna be a waste of time. You probably so reterded you actually think condi mesmer is any viable in tpvp…and remember to tell chozen and levin that d/p is homosexual build..while helseth should play condi mesmer just to counter them lol

“This is not WvW, this is sPvP we’re talking” Pure GOLD

Sometimes i wonder if ppl are really so stupid or just trolling

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Archaon.9524

bump

Doesn’t everyone play with one hand on the keyboard? :P

Coulter, this ravenmoon guy already solved all mesmer’s problems, fear panic strike nomore….stop going shatter and reroll pu so you can win against thieves (While being totally useless anywhere else but who cares…you can force them into retreat rofl)

mesmer community finally has his messiah….words have been spoken

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Thief is the single, undisputed, hardest class to make effective at high tier pvp. Fact.

Fixed.

If by hard you mean baiting dodges with Phantasms and then instant-cast shattering people after they don’t have anymore endurance while spamming evades and invuln as you do so is hard then it just shows how much you know.

Ranger is easier than Mesmer, but Mesmer is still pretty easy. There are harder specs in this game, specs that take real skill. Even Thief is more skill-based than Mesmer really but I guess it’s just hard to understand that just because you play a Mesmer.

The problem is the loud minorty that plays mesmer on the forum and keep repeating “mesmer is hard” in every post. The strategy of repeating lies until everyone believes in it.

The strategy lies in .. Uh.. Actually playing the class?

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

cri more? Excuses? I’ve been playing thief for awhile now and every once in a while there is a mesmer that I simply avoid because I see no viable way of defeating given the time I would need to take him down.

If all you do is play berserker on every class, godspeed to you.

P.S: For good measure, I never avoid bursting on shoutbow or hambow warriors, because I take them down fast. Quite frankly I love that particular encounter as a thief. Mesmers however always get me anxious. Though if I notice you are running a berserker, you are on my hitlist, simple as that.

But then again, seeing a thief on the enemy team and running zerker is quite ballsy. And if you do that, you should prepare your lube. And that’s valid for every class, except guardians, those DPS burn guards are hell :U

P.S.S: I do not support OP’s thesis, IMO ranger can be picked up by anyone and it will still score kills, while the mesmers require a little bit more.

in PvP

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

We are talking about not condi and not pu mesmers. So left some type of bunkers, phantasms, shatters, lockdowns. Last 2 ones pretty much mostly go berserker (it’s how these builds are works). And don’t see problems with 1st 2 bilds too. Though there are some anti thief mesmer builds, usually they do not contribute in teamplay as much as usual shatterer.

(edited by Mak.2657)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

OP you right 100%, but I will sugest you try fresh-air Ele! It’s even more faceroll then mes&rang! Semi afk while ownage all map!

Sounds more like you mean turret engi to me.

Congratualtions on being the first post in this thread to bring up turret engi!!!!

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Thief is the single, undisputed, hardest class to make effective at high tier pvp. Fact.

Fixed.

If by hard you mean baiting dodges with Phantasms and then instant-cast shattering people after they don’t have anymore endurance while spamming evades and invuln as you do so is hard then it just shows how much you know.

Ranger is easier than Mesmer, but Mesmer is still pretty easy. There are harder specs in this game, specs that take real skill. Even Thief is more skill-based than Mesmer really but I guess it’s just hard to understand that just because you play a Mesmer.

The problem is the loud minorty that plays mesmer on the forum and keep repeating “mesmer is hard” in every post. The strategy of repeating lies until everyone believes in it.

It’s popular opinion. You’re thinking “Everyone else is wrong and I’m right”. I’m not saying the majority is always right, but have you ever considered that you may not be correct? Just wondering, since you don’t seem to recognize that everything here is simply an opinion, and that by saying your opinion is right makes you inherently wrong.

Anyway, my idea of mesmers is this: You either win or you lose. The mesmer’s wins can be dominating because of the playstyle, meaning either killing squishies faster with a burst, locking an opponent down with interrupts until they’re dead, or constantly punishing the opponent with conditions. Mesmer is sadistic in this way, in that if you lose to a mesmer you’re likely to think “there’s nothing I could have done”. On the other hand, this is not to say the mesmer always dominates, but only that its wins are usually dominating. If a mesmer doesn’t have control of the situation, they fall to pieces. This is where people say mesmer is hard: If you do it well enough, you’re solid, but if you mess up outside of the narrow margin of error, it is very unforgiving.
These are my thoughts, at least.

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

^
Sadistic? More like Cancer in design. It’s not hard to understand how to land Mesmer attacks and it also is NOT hard to spam evades while doing so. I base my “opinions” on in-game mechanics. Therefore I’m actually pretty close to facts.

Mesmer, other than portal plays, is just flat out low-skill cap and a medium skill floor. Once you get to that medium skill floor such as dodge counting and shattering people with no more endurance, its just easy from there on. Mirror image shatter isn’t hard to land, and Phantasms, when people dodge that you are simply open to shatter.

TL;DR Instant cast, easy dodge baits, high uptime without relying on cool downs and evade/block/blind spam isn’t hard to play. Also bad in design because they can’t simply get buffs or they will be cancer.

P.S Just because “Thief” counters Mesmer, that doesn’t make Mesmer weak as a class. That is such a bad argument. Celestial as an argument is also bad considering other builds can be affected by celestial as well.

(edited by Amir.1570)

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

^
Sadistic? More like Cancer in design. It’s not hard to understand how to land Mesmer attacks and it also is NOT hard to spam evades while doing so. I base my “opinions” on in-game mechanics. Therefore I’m actually pretty close to facts.

Mesmer, other than portal plays, is just flat out low-skill cap and a medium skill floor. Once you get to that medium skill floor such as dodge counting and shattering people with no more endurance, its just easy from there on. Mirror image shatter isn’t hard to land, and Phantasms, when people dodge that you are simply open to shatter.

TL;DR Instant cast, easy dodge baits, high uptime without relying on cool downs and evade/block/blind spam isn’t hard to play. Also bad in design because they can’t simply get buffs or they will be cancer.

P.S Just because “Thief” counters Mesmer, that doesn’t make Mesmer weak as a class. That is such a bad argument. Celestial as an argument is also bad considering other builds can be affected by celestial as well.

You couldn’t have possibly been fighting anyone of any decent skill to have come to that opinion. And even then your vague generalizations only refer to 1v1s.

in PvP

jportell.2197

^

You couldn’t have possibly been fighting anyone of any decent skill to have come to that opinion. And even then your vague generalizations only refer to 1v1s.

Chaos I sereiously can’t even in this thread. Just yeah. Also to the guy saying mesmer should always beat thief. I invite you to watch any stream where there was The Dankening [BLZD] Vs. The Abjured [RIP]. ANY time there is a 1v1 involving Supcutie and Magic Toker the first thing the shoutcaster says is “Magic Toker is at a huge advantage in this 1v1” Or “Supcutie may be able to win if he plays everything just perfectly.”

For a thief to beat a mesmer they have to do a pretty standard rotation and they can get away with counting our dodges because we really only have 2 (maybe more depending on vigor), to try counting a thief’s dodges specifically magic toker because of his build. Is impossible.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Guys, guys, WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!

Its not like neither Rangers nor Mesmers are lighting up sPvP right now.

Just stop.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

(edited by SlimChance.6593)

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

If mes is so strong and so easy why is it not meta? Wouldn’t there be a higher population of the class in PvP, and replace a lot of other classes?

Oh that’s right because it’s not…

Mes by nature gets countered by any type of tanky sustain build including condi. Zerkers that counter it are medi guards and thieves. So that’s like… Every build that isn’t like zerk war, ele, and ranger. All of which btw push it off point.

Mes has to significantly play around the status quo to be relevant, and often that goes against the game type.

If you get LoSed, out positioned, and out played, you should play better.

Inherently no class is “Hard” to play. The question is, how much APM affects the performance? and how reactive do you need to be? Comparing to ranger one button to do good dmg with no prior setup with better CC and access to higher up time on evades is objectively easier than mes.

As for misdirection… No decent player falls for clones, and if you find your attacks being whiffed you may want to try turning auto attack off lol.

@Amir If it’s not hard to understand how to land mesmer attacks then it should be easy for you to outplay them, as is the opinion of any strong player in this game. Also your “In-game mechanics” are always quoted as mesmers having evade spam… But we’ve been over this before. Please count the defensive cooldowns, then go compare to any medium class. Since you seem to fail to do so on many occasions after many posts on mesmers I’m going to say your “Opinions” are flawed.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

If mes is so strong and so easy why is it not meta? Wouldn’t there be a higher population of the class in PvP, and replace a lot of other classes?

Exactly. This is the question that has yet to be answered.

There isn’t an abundance of Mesmers playing whether at the lowest of levels or at the top.

It’s not rocket science to figure out why that is

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Exactly. This is the question that has yet to be answered.

There isn’t an abundance of Mesmers playing whether at the lowest of levels or at the top.

It’s not rocket science to figure out why that is

cause ppl love to tryhard with “balanced” celestial bs eles and engis….

roflmao

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

I
can’t
even.

That is just a funny clip. & worst mesmer or not, do you realize that the mesmer use all his skill’s & that the thief just 1-1-1-1-1-stealth 1-1-1-1-1 heal-1-1-1 dead mesmer. So plz, dont gimme that cr@p about the worst mesmer play. cuz when you can down a player even the worst one with just your auto attack, there’s an obvious problem.

in PvP

Posted by: Luki.8941

Luki.8941

Whatever class is easier to play then other I feel is important on beginning especially that GW2 has unique system with condi, power etc builds which you will not find in other games. Power based classes are easier when you start because you know what is happening. Classes like Ranger, Warrior are easier to pick up then others like engineer.

But after playing longer you will find that every class is harder to play if you want to do it on good level. Which class is easier simple like always this which is far stronger:) because it gives you better results.

But again I would stick to class which you enjoy and build you like unless you play on tournament level for usual ranked solo every class and lots of specs are good enough you have sometimes play better to get similar results.

Rariz (Ranger) , Bazinek (Engineer)
YouTube channel RarizGaming Gw2/Heroes of the storm Beta
http://youtu.be/W7hWjRetPDo?list=PLDSrFjXKFzmkxIY-VsFFESqLFgrnBEFhg

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Just…lol…

PvP community op

“Portal wtf” pure gold

Attachments:

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Anyone who can honestly say that shatter Mesmer is an easy mode in regular ranked PvP has my respect.

This looks very much like a Troll post to me.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Just…lol…

PvP community op

“Portal wtf” pure gold

I think he was just saying that mesmer have ways to deal with conditions, but people just dont want to take them.
On my mesmer i also dont use portal but instead i use null field or Arcane Thievery.

Mesmer have many ways to deal with conditions, but those skills / traits are not used on shatter builds so people dont take them.
Its almost the same thing to say warrior lack condition cleansing when they are playing a full zerker warrior with no points in defense and none skill / trait do cleanse conditions.

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Mantra of resolve isn’t even a good option… Even if you opt out of portal for it. You clear a total of 4 condis over two pulses with a 1 sec c/d between, which will help against the one blindsided warrior pin down sure.

But when Necros, Engies, condi theves ect. start to dump with low c/d skills while being tankier it makes you question why even roll a glass mes?

And mes still gets innately countered by normal thieves, medi guards, and every type of tanky dps (which is most of the meta) on a flat and then mes requires a significant amount of out play to win.

I’ve seen so many players complain about mesmers and only have the opinion of “OP” because they make themselves wayyy to obvious and get rekt.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

Condi mesmers are super easy because you can concentrate on defending all the time because the AI fights for you.

in PvP

Posted by: NocturneZ.4738

NocturneZ.4738

mes is the most difficult for me >_<

server: JQ nocturnez.4738 & nocturnez.9372
server: Chinese nocturne.9360

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Condi mesmers are super easy because you can concentrate on defending all the time because the AI fights for you.

You mean PU Condi Mesmer, specifically, I assume.

in PvP

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Yeah really, conditions only affect me as mesmer if I get blindsided by a condi bomb build (poor rotation), or let a ranger/warrior root me (inattention). Everything can be avoided, and you shouldn’t be in harm’s way long enough to let conditions stack up. Condi cleanse utilities give some more staying power, sure, but if you are playing the class properly then staying power isn’t a high priority. This is from a solo queue perspective, with a party you can just lean on your team for cleanses.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in PvP

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

These forums are always good for a laugh.

in PvP

Posted by: Luki.8941

Luki.8941

I think Mesmer is more complicated then Ranger when it comes to skills etc and because it has more unique playstyle.
But to be honest all classes are easy maybe engineer was bit annoying on start but now it is very strong so actually it evens out.
Play what you like and do not pay attention to what people say
What is the easiest class to play ? Answer is simple the strongest class
Question always should be which class is easiest to play and in the same time it brings best results. Mesmer and Ranger is not one of them haha for sure.

Rariz (Ranger) , Bazinek (Engineer)
YouTube channel RarizGaming Gw2/Heroes of the storm Beta
http://youtu.be/W7hWjRetPDo?list=PLDSrFjXKFzmkxIY-VsFFESqLFgrnBEFhg

(edited by Luki.8941)

in PvP

jportell.2197

I actually got called a scrub by a pew pew ranger after I portal stomped him >.<

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Just…lol…

PvP community op

“Portal wtf” pure gold

I think he was just saying that mesmer have ways to deal with conditions, but people just dont want to take them.
On my mesmer i also dont use portal but instead i use null field or Arcane Thievery.

Mesmer have many ways to deal with conditions, but those skills / traits are not used on shatter builds so people dont take them.
Its almost the same thing to say warrior lack condition cleansing when they are playing a full zerker warrior with no points in defense and none skill / trait do cleanse conditions.

Problem is that in pvp a mesmer without portal has no point, you can just take anything else over him then…portal is like 50% of mesmer’s utility…you need to manage to stay alive without condi removal, otherwise you may stay up but you’re gonna be pretty much a worthless mesmer, you can just get another bs celestial engi/ele or an offguard/thief/war instead and is probably gonna be better

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Archaon.9524

I actually got called a scrub by a pew pew ranger after I portal stomped him >.<

legit

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Archaon.9524

You mean PU Condi Mesmer, specifically, I assume.

for anyone who wants to talk about condi mesmers zergs vs doors/pve forum that way —->

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Archaon.9524

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: inhearth.2038

inhearth.2038

Well, a class that almost dies to one stack of poison and to some 8~12 stacks of bleed seems pretty OP to me too.

Attachments: