Mesmers and Necros are impossible.

in PvP

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

I’ve faced them as a warrior, guardian and ranger. I’m new to PvP but i have like 100 games already.

Mesmers:

A lot of HP
50 clones that make the screen a mess
1 hit takes 10k damage
evade all my hits, this is ridiculous, they evade like non-stop ALL MY HITS
stealth

Necros:

2 bars of HP
condition damage is non-stop, and there is so much you can do before running out of defenses against conditions
a lot of HP
so much toughness that makes guardians a joke

Nerf those classes a little, this is beyond unbalanced and unfair against other classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Sorry to tell you that but 100 games is not much. You have still a LOT to learn.

If anything these two classes need buffs because they are less viable in high level play.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Wish I could tell if troll. You managed to pick out two that arguably needed the most help. O.o

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

100 games and already making unbased nerf claims…

ESPORTS! \o/

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: NitroApe.9104

NitroApe.9104

Mesmers:

A lot of HP

wat

in PvP

Posted by: Sabre.8627

Sabre.8627

Successful troll?

in PvP

Posted by: NitroApe.9104

NitroApe.9104

Oh btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge4-wSF-jAs this should help you.
I uploaded it today, it’s almost like i knew i’d need it.

in PvP

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

Mesmers:

A lot of HP

wat

Attachments:

Momekas
Momekas Namu

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

ESPORTS! \o/

Funny thing is if he was complaining about “other” professions, the that 100 games would have suddenly become relevant enough….I love gw2 paradoxes

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

mesmers have a lot of weaknesses, just play one

as far as necro goes, the only issues are
1. nightmare rune, but anet doesn’t give a flying cat about it
2. downstate instagib damage which is getting nerfed (hopefully soon)

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

ESPORTS! \o/

Took a lot less than 100 games to get the necro nerfed beyond recovery before the game even went live. People never would have learned how to play the other classes with a necro on the map.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

ESPORTS! \o/

Funny thing is if he was complaining about “other” professions, the that 100 games would have suddenly become relevant enough….I love gw2 paradoxes

I have invited you once to do this, but can you look up a comment by me where I said or hinted at this at all?

If not, can you kindly stop putting words in my mouth?

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

and now the necro has been so nerfed that necros are mediocre at best in pvp. These claims are so ridiculous.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

you’re jon snow….. get it? cuz you know nothing. ^^’

Srsly, get a couple thousand more games and you’ll see how ridiculous your claims are. Some tips if you 1v1 the most common builds:

Mesmer (shatter): watch the little “shoe” icon when they use their Sword3 and dodge when it appears (they’ll have 2 illusions already most of the time they do that). If they do it out of stealth listen for the sound-effect, it’s quite easy to hear actually. If they GS you from distance, LoS them.
Dodge towards illusions that are running towards you, cuz if you dodge backwards, they won’t explode, chase you further and then explode and you’d take the hit anyways.
Stay out of range of them or their illusions when using healskills or other important stuff, so they can’t daze you easily.
Try and interrupt their Heals. If they stealth when they’re low, you can assume they’re using it and fire off a blind AoE-CC if you have any.

Necro: If it’s terror-necro, first of all, you need either very high dps or good condition-cleanse to fight them in a 1v1; not every build can (nor should) win against every other build in a 1v1! dodge the important stuff like the 2 out of F1, which is easy to block if you’re not sitting on the necro. Also, Staff5 has a slightly different animation than the others, which is good, cuz it’s the most important mark to dodge (fear). Don’t use stability and/or mass-boonstacks too liberally, cuz they’ll punish you for it. Use your cleanses smartly: don’t just cleanse after a few bleedstacks, cuz the durations are quite long, so w8 till you have a few stacks to cleanse them. Most importantly to win a 1v1 is interrupting their heal, which is quite easy to do.

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I understand why it might be frustrating to fight these classes if you’re new. When I started playing pvp, mesmers were the biggest problem for me no matter how strong the class was. Necros can seem a bit scary because of their ‘’two hp bars’, I do get that. However, I don’t think these two classes are necessarily overpowered. Even though power necros could use a bit less procs, but that’s for another thread. Anyways, maybe you should think about your build a bit, you didn’t state what you play, so it’s difficult to say.

I don’t want to say that it’s you fault, but I think you should try to maybe learn the classes a bit better, it helps to learn to fight them, too. Anyways, if you want any tips or advice, you can pm me.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

He’s been playing for over a year, it’s a troll thread, please stop guys.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

He’s been playing for over a year, it’s a troll thread, please stop guys.

Better safe than sorry

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Was a pretty good one. At least he didn’t over exaggerate in such a way that would be instantly obvious.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Was a pretty good one. At least he didn’t over exaggerate in such a way that would be instantly obvious.

lol

Mesmers:

A lot of HP
1 hit takes 10k damage

yeah.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

He’s been playing the game for over a year, doesn’t mean hes been playing PvP that long.

… Regardless, that first post is adorable. OP, the longer you play PVP the more you’ll look back at this thread and LOL at yourself.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

For any new player(100 games should definitely be considered very new), If you have any problems with specific class, try playing its meta build yourself and know its mechanics.

Most of such grief comes from not understanding the opponent’s class at all. Saying things like 1 hit takes 10k damage explicitly shows that.

in PvP

Posted by: OnlyFear.9165

OnlyFear.9165

Hi Mate,

You have a lot to learn. I smash Mesmers and Necros on my warrior all day long.

Patience in learning when to dodge at the right time, what build to use, specially what build works best for you. Everybody is different.

Feel free to PM me if you would like help aye?

Cheers!

OnlyFear The Last Pride [EviL]. Top 10 GW1 GVG tournament holder 6 years running.

in PvP

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I’ve faced them as a warrior, guardian and ranger. I’m new to PvP but i have like 100 games already.

Mesmers:

A lot of HP
1 hit takes 10k damage
stealth

Necros:

2 bars of HP
condition damage is non-stop, and there is so much you can do before running out of defenses against conditions
a lot of HP

Nerf those classes a little, this is beyond unbalanced and unfair against other classes.

As much as I REALLY dislike mesmers I don’t think they are OP.
A well played [insert class here] can ruin anyones day. It’s not limited to certain classes.

I play a necro, and more often than not I get rekt. (Although I am not that good so….)
However, conditions are awesome, if played right, can certainly do some damage. But there is a drawbacl to condis. They can be cleansed fairly easily, thus rendering them useless. But if the player blows their cleanses early, basically allowing the necro to go unchecked, they can be devestating. It just requires some thoughtful counterplay.
Nothing about necro is really OP or in need of a nerf. If anything necros need a buff.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in PvP

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

Sorry to tell you that but 100 games is not much. You have still a LOT to learn.

If anything these two classes need buffs because they are less viable in high level play.

sorry to tell you…8+k games…and he is wrong about the necro, tho spot on about mesmers…mesmer are brokenly overpowered, tho they may not always be present on tournies (even tho they are present often enough) for less elite pvp level of play a mesmer seriously is beyond broken OP…it forces you to play full meta builds or you simply get obliterated by them…. for casual or even semi high pvp mesmer is hands the most overpowered class atm

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Mesmers:

A lot of HP
1 hit takes 10k damage
stealth

Necros:

2 bars of HP
a lot of HP

As much as I REALLY dislike mesmers I don’t think they are OP.
A well played [insert class here] can ruin anyones day. It’s not limited to certain classes.

I play a necro, and more often than not I get rekt. (Although I am not that good so….)
However, conditions are awesome, if played right, can certainly do some damage. But there is a drawbacl to condis. They can be cleansed fairly easily, thus rendering them useless. But if the player blows their cleanses early, basically allowing the necro to go unchecked, they can be devestating. It just requires some thoughtful counterplay.
Nothing about necro is really OP or in need of a nerf. If anything necros need a buff.

condi cleansing is extremeley lackluster atm and condi specs are easily the most easy to play and yet brokenly OP specs…

in PvP

Posted by: Berry Pun Pup.6904

Berry Pun Pup.6904

condi cleansing is extremeley lackluster atm and condi specs are easily the most easy to play and yet brokenly OP specs…

Have a shoutbow anywhere near you or a good ele and condis are suddenly not a problem.

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Hi Mate,

You have a lot to learn. I smash Mesmers and Necros on my warrior all day long.

Patience in learning when to dodge at the right time, what build to use, specially what build works best for you. Everybody is different.

Feel free to PM me if you would like help aye?

Cheers!

false, mesmer of semi good or higher skill…can only be fought on full meta builds…this ruins pvp and the variety of pvp
mesmer bursts are way to high and that would be ok….but the thing is…..they can do it on range or up close and in that case on full invincibilty….every 12-9.5 sec….its broken OP anywhere outside ultra high official tournament play…and again ruins pvp

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Have a shoutbow anywhere near you or a good ele and condis are suddenly not a problem.

scroll up a bit more and read my previous post about the full meta builds….you cofirm exactly what I pointed out to be the problem….all wars should roll shoutbow right…no thanks, A: it is the most boring and passive build to play for warrior….. B: this is not what a warrior should be doing…..it’s the task of a……ow right a monk. locking players down in one build is exactly the problem, what i’m saying is diminish the gap between meta and non meta……not saying pure bad builds should be viable…just saying make meta less overly superior to others…we aren’t all here to play extreme high level of pvp after a day of work or anything

(edited by Darksteel.8412)

in PvP

pdavis.8031

Or a ranger…or a guardian…or a necro…

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Or a ranger…or a guardian…or a necro…

uhu…them medi guards everywhere…yea they seriously cleanse my condi’s…nope they don’t….they don’t at all only for themselves….and rangers you say…ik rangers can cleanse their own condis quite well…. someone elses condi’s however….no not realy….not realy at all…what are you saying? Ps. I don’t like to play these classes….what are you trying to say?

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Wish I could tell if troll. You managed to pick out two that arguably needed the most help. O.o

necro does not need help at all (buff) and mesmer needs nerf if you want the less ultra elite community to stay ps. what are you saying….mesmer has the best stunbreakers in game that could easily have an extra 50% on their cd’s
since they already have stealth clones teleports and daze on range…did i mention one of if not the highest burst of all

in PvP

Posted by: Aerathnor.8305

Aerathnor.8305

First time I fought a Mesmer I was completely overwhelmed. Now unless they are literally standing in place using GS auto attack it’s painfully obvious which one is real (even then buffs normally give them away).

Play more, that’s all I can say.

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

For any new player(100 games should definitely be considered very new), If you have any problems with specific class, try playing its meta build yourself and know its mechanics.

Most of such grief comes from not understanding the opponent’s class at all. Saying things like 1 hit takes 10k damage explicitly shows that.

thing is…other classes you can target and your screen doesn’t get filled up tons of targets and you having to find the right one…and once that’s done stealth kicks in and the searching game begins all over again while having to eat bursts of 10k (10k burst of mesmer being realy low cause mesmers burst for 15+k easilyyyyy)or teleport (with stunbreak) out of range…nice things to invert into a game…makes for cool action, totally agree…thing is it’sbroken OP and easily exploited….anything that’s easily exloited should be nerfed/fixed
sure maybe the super elite players that do the paid tournies have their way…but for less super ultra players the game should be fun too….stuff like this (mesmers) ruin the game alot…also you need to roll full meta to fight any mesmer with a little bit of skill (no mesmer isn’t the hard to play class…that statement is a hoax)

in PvP

pdavis.8031

Rangers:
Healing Spring: cures conditions on allies
Signet of renewal: Pet pulls conditions for allies
Spirit of Nature: Cures conditions on allies

Guardians:
Torch: Cures conditions on allies
Purging Flames: Cures Conditions on allies
Bow of Truth: Cures conditions on allies
Tome of Courage: Cures conditions on allies

Of course you need to build/spec for it, just like shoutbow. But they have multiple ways to cure conditions on allies. But the issue lies in that those specs aren’t “meta” thus very few people play them. The skills are there, and can be very effective, if used.

I am saying that shoutbow warriors, necros, and elementalists are not the only ones able to cure conditions on others.

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

First time I fought a Mesmer I was completely overwhelmed. Now unless they are literally standing in place using GS auto attack it’s painfully obvious which one is real (even then buffs normally give them away).

Play more, that’s all I can say.

yea on a full meta build..exactly the point here….diminish the gap between full meta and non meta builds. ps don’t think i’m the only one saying this….ik alot of very good players all rank 80 (ik rank doesn’t matter) and all with at least 5k games played….5k being the very least, some classes unless on full meta builds are just completely outclassed (the disengage options of mesmer are one of the best as well, why people cry over mesmer mobilty idk…pure acting imo)

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Rangers:

Guardians:

Of course you need to build/spec for it, just like shoutbow. But they have multiple ways to cure conditions on allies. But the issue lies in that those specs aren’t “meta” thus very few people play them. The skills are there, and can be very effective, if used.

I am saying that shoutbow warriors, necros, and elementalists are not the only ones able to cure conditions on others.

uhu…cute…but how many of these guards and rangers do we see in pvp reality…. exactly, none…only in full premade teams maybe….but even in premade teams such rangers aren’t seen for well over…idk, 2 years now? (tbh…same goes for these guards, ye lets all go stand in the fire of the guardian so we can all get spiked together) bow of truth…realy…when is the first or last time u seen that being viable…… exactly…never ever anywhere

in PvP

pdavis.8031

Rangers:

Guardians:

uhu…cute…but how many of these guards and rangers do we see in pvp reality…. exactly, none…only in full premade teams maybe….but even in premade teams such rangers aren’t seen for well over…idk, 2 years now? (tbh…same goes for these guards, ye lets all go stand in the fire of the guardian so we can all get spiked together) bow of truth…realy…when is the first or last time u seen that being viable…… exactly…never ever anywhere

So just because “no-one” plays those specs, doesn’t mean they don’t exist.
And because they don’t get played very much doesn’t mean that these classes don’t have the capability.

Also with the changes to the condi system with HoT, these specs just may become much more useful and sought after.

And why wouldn’t you run these specs?
If you are facing a high condi team, why wouldn’t you change your build to counter it?
Not even considering such things, because its not “meta” or its not “viable” is just silly.
No wonder people complain that condis are OP….

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Darksteel is one of those players that thinks Conditions should just be deleted from the game because he personally doesn’t like having to run some cleanses to be effective. Has quite the history of this, really.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

Darksteel is one of those players that thinks Conditions should just be deleted from the game because he personally doesn’t like having to run some cleanses to be effective. Has quite the history of this, really.

don’t speak for me please…condi’s should not be removed in fact I even posted on the turret nerfs forum that turrets should not suffer from condi’s except burn and chill…I play condi removal cause it’s mandatory pretty much…nor do I have any trouble bringing things for protecting. speak for yourself pls. do I think viable condi cleansing is lackluster?…yes totally except for survival ranger and shoutbow warrior…..hence I mentioned before..being locked into one build. do I think condi builds are way to passive and hands down the most easy to play specs…yes entirely…for denying that is just nonsense

in PvP

pdavis.8031

(From another thread)….but make the warrior a top dps/burst class again in pvp…all I see on forums is people say buff condi buff condi…when condi spec is already brokenly OP and hands down the easiest spec to play….

(From another thread) my guess is you only play condi builds….burning alrdy does crazy OP dmge as it is….and you want it to be tripled….right

Just saying….

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

also instead of insulting or mocking people or shoving words in their mouth I come up with arguements…open for debate wich is what the forum is ment for…I suggest you limit yourself to this and come up with arguements instead of semi insults…for the examples given earlier from ranger and guard about the condi cleanse are invalid and completely unused except for healing spring at some times….it’s true and you know it

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

(From another thread)….but make the warrior a top dps/burst class again in pvp…all I see on forums is people say buff condi buff condi…when condi spec is already brokenly OP and hands down the easiest spec to play….

(From another thread) my guess is you only play condi builds….burning alrdy does crazy OP dmge as it is….and you want it to be tripled….right

Just saying….

now go to the turret forum…cause i’m the type of person that talks and watches stuff from different angles…. unlike you guys whom just scream buff condi buff confuse when Hotm is alrdy plagued with convo’s and rage about condi spec (even more than cele spec) ps. warrior is a joke atm (yes very viable Ik) dancing around like a ballerina kiting like a chicken heal shouting and cleansing on warhorn and dropping an occasional firefield… not exactly what people had in mind when they got their gw2 acc and decided to roll warrior, aaaand you know it. ps. tripling the burn dmge possibly when the stacking is been done…is absurd would you not agree on that…cause that’s what the kid wants…teams that will exploit the burn…exactly the poison in pvp I’d like gone…not condi gone….but the silly proposals these children make

in PvP

pdavis.8031

also instead of insulting or mocking people or shoving words in their mouth I come up with arguements…open for debate wich is what the forum is ment for…I suggest you limit yourself to this and come up with arguements instead of semi insults…for the examples given earlier from ranger and guard about the condi cleanse are invalid and completely unused except for healing spring at some times….it’s true and you know it

No insult, or mocking was intended. Just pointing out what you yourself said about condition specs. (Which is not putting words in your mouth.)

The debate is that there are plently of ways to completely negate conditions, thus rendering condition specs impotent. (without power)

Again, just because they aren’t widely used doesn’t negate their value.
The main philosphy in PvP, is do as much damage in the shortest amount of time possible (i.e. DPS). (This also goes for PvE and WvW to a degree, but thats beside the point). Thus thats the reason few play those specs. Also, the tools are there, but they aren’t effective if they don’t get used. I’m actually now thinking of using a purely support/cleanse build for my guardian just to watch all those OP condi specs rage about it :P

My argument is that there are more classes, and more ways, to clear conditions from allies than a shoutbow warrior, and an elementalist. And I believe that I proved it rather well. Ranger, Necro, and Guardian have several ways to group clear conditions (outside of finishers). It doesn’t matter if they don’t get used. The tools are there.
That doesn’t negate that argument. Its similar to saying that Rolls Royce’s are not good cars because there are very few people that use them. Or Red Hat Linux isn’t a good operating system because not a lot of people use it.

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I don’t think Mesmers and Necros are in as bad of a position as some people claim, I think they could use a little bit of love in some aspects but they’re not terrible choices to play.

Shatter mesmer has some of the highest and most reliable burst combos I think I have ever witnessed.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

No insult, or mocking was intended. Just pointing out what you yourself said about condition specs. (Which is not putting words in your mouth.)

The debate is that there are plently of ways to completely negate conditions, thus rendering condition specs impotent. (without power)

Again, just because they aren’t widely used doesn’t negate their value.
The main philosphy in PvP, is do as much damage in the shortest amount of time possible (i.e. DPS). (This also goes for PvE and WvW to a degree, but thats beside the point). Thus thats the reason few play those specs. Also, the tools are there, but they aren’t effective if they don’t get used. I’m actually now thinking of using a purely support/cleanse build for my guardian just to watch all those OP condi specs rage about it :P

My argument is that there are more classes, and more ways, to clear conditions from allies than a shoutbow warrior, and an elementalist. And I believe that I proved it rather well. Ranger, Necro, and Guardian have several ways to group clear conditions (outside of finishers). It doesn’t matter if they don’t get used. The tools are there.
That doesn’t negate that argument. Its similar to saying that Rolls Royce’s are not good cars because there are very few people that use them. Or Red Hat Linux isn’t a good operating system because not a lot of people use it.

well the cars can be explained…they are overpriced…the skills are here for pick up…yet unused…why tho? cause their functionality isn’t as good as it seems on paper at first sight..people never tried them? ofc they have….probably a million times…they are just badly designed especially compared to other condi cleansing options. condi cleanse is lackluster atm….except on ranger…survival ranger (imo) has awesomely designed and functional condi cleansing (for it’s self tho) yes Ik…and the shoutbow…alrdy explained my opinion on shoutbow…..it’s what a monk should be but Anet doesn’t want the trinity…

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

I don’t think Mesmers and Necros are in as bad of a position as some people claim, I think they could use a little bit of love in some aspects but they’re not terrible choices to play.

Shatter mesmer has some of the highest and most reliable burst combos I think I have ever witnessed.

totally…buffing the mesmer in any way would be 500% absurd. necro…i’m not entirely sure about tho

in PvP

pdavis.8031

well the cars can be explained…they are overpriced…the skills are here for pick up…yet unused…why tho? cause their functionality isn’t as good as it seems on paper at first sight..people never tried them? ofc they have….probably a million times…they are just badly designed especially compared to other condi cleansing options. condi cleanse is lackluster atm….except on ranger…survival ranger (imo) has awesomely designed and functional condi cleansing

While they may be lackluster, the question is why?
I maintain one of the main reasons is the philophy of PvP. DPS is king. If by using those specs you aren’t doing as much damage. So it’s better not to use them, rely on limited self cleansing, and kill the enemy before they can overwhelm you with conditions. That way you can put more into dealing damage.

Thats not inheritantly a problem with the game. It’s a problem with the players. They take full advantage of what the game allows, and thus ignore the other end of the spectrum.

recognize my command!”

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

well the cars can be explained…they are overpriced…the skills are here for pick up…yet unused…why tho? cause their functionality isn’t as good as it seems on paper at first sight..people never tried them? ofc they have….probably a million times…they are just badly designed especially compared to other condi cleansing options. condi cleanse is lackluster atm….except on ranger…survival ranger (imo) has awesomely designed and functional condi cleansing

While they may be lackluster, the question is why?
I maintain one of the main reasons is the philophy of PvP. DPS is king. If by using those specs you aren’t doing as much damage. So it’s better not to use them, rely on limited self cleansing, and kill the enemy before they can overwhelm you with conditions. That way you can put more into dealing damage.

Thats not inheritantly a problem with the game. It’s a problem with the players. They take full advantage of what the game allows, and thus ignore the other end of the spectrum.

tho, it’s to easy for condi spec to gain control of power builds quite fast….in fact, it’s way to easy…..way way to easy, chill immob spam anyone? blind? block etc etc….if the game allows it…it actually is a problem with the game, not enough reward to do otherwise wich is exactly what I would like to see changed…but won’t happen if people just keep talking about more condi buff when in reality and as shown in game on daily basis,,…..condi cleanse is lackluster…except on few full meta builds

in PvP

pdavis.8031

tho, it’s to easy for condi spec to gain control of power builds quite fast….in fact, it’s way to easy…..way way to easy, chill immob spam anyone? blind? block etc etc….

Again, it’s because they focus on dealing as much damage as possible, and not for defense. Those specs don’t run much in the way of defense/cleanses at all. Thats why they are referred to as “glass”.

If they specced for defense then they wouldn’t be “power” now would they?

Does that make conditions overpowered? Not at all. It’s one of the risks of running that build.

it actually is a problem with the game, not enough reward to do otherwise wich is exactly what I would like to see changed…but won’t happen if poeple just keep talking about more condi buff when in reality and as shown in game on daily basis,,…..condi cleanse is lackluster…except on few full meta builds

Personal reward, or team reward? If you can hold a point near indefinitely using a pure bunker build, and play well, you get rewarded accordingly.

It’s not that we want a condition buff, we want the whole system changed. The problem with conditions is that they get overridden too easily. As a necro I can get 18 stacks on a target by myself. But as a stack drops off, and the cap is met by others running non condi specs. (i.e. incidental conditions) my stacks get overridden, and suddenly my conditions aren’t doing anything. Although this is more of an issue in PvE than PvP. Apparently they are changing this in HoT and it’s a good thing. But this doesn’t really have anything to do with the topic at hand.

recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

in PvP

Darksteel.8412

shoutbow for example…having to bring cleansing ire….a rune for anti condi (no one wants to roll trooper rune deep inside it’s heart…btw it’s copy paste wvw build) an anti condi weapon (warhorn) traited even….nearly all utility skills (shouts)…dude that’s overkill spec in order to survive condi’s…and entirely takes away what the warrior is about….runes traits weps everything should be anti condi in order to be realy viable….a warrior relying on cleansing ire alone stands no chance if it’s not rolling lb.. my point exactly…condi ask to much for defence….while condi in it’s self is defence vs power and dmge over time …as well as burst…defence you say…how?….chill nulliefies many melee builds alone….so does immobalize..or blind….. whom are all being spammed 24/7 on condi specs….condi asks to much in order to be dealth with when still doing hardcore dmge over time…even if only half of your condis were applied…while power is like this….miss attack in anyway….0 dmge…so much more easily dealt with….condis are indd OP, that or the cleanse is lackluster hardcore….sorry for bad english I hope the message get’s across