Moa on warrior's rampage

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: Unterkiefer.8372

Unterkiefer.8372

I think the problem is moa… take something other useless like a deer or a zhaitan or logan thackeray

Lem Semmel [SF]

Sorry for shattering your illusions

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Moa has always been in pvp it’s good couter to transformations if you remove a counter you also need to remove what it counters so if moa is removed I will call for removal of minions astral form death shroud lich form plague form rampage and tornado from pvp

And when we continue in this path eventually pvp will be place were we can test who has best autoattack

(edited by baylock.1703)

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

you mean you cant be a huge rampaging moa? thats a bummer

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: Dominik.5162

Dominik.5162

Moa is the only counter to various transformation skills.
Dodge, Block, & Aegis are the counters to Moa.
I don’t see a problem here.

And to the people who say, “but i can’t LoS on point whem I am in Moa QQ!!”…get real people that’s one of the purposes of Moa, either to kill an oponent while he is already pressured, counter a transformation, or to get him off point to quickly decap him.
And good players know when they can leave a point to get back in quickly to not get decapped.

Iliaz
Team Aggression [TA]
Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

Moa is the only counter to various transformation skills.
Dodge, Block, & Aegis are the counters to Moa.
I don’t see a problem here.

And to the people who say, “but i can’t LoS on point whem I am in Moa QQ!!”…get real people that’s one of the purposes of Moa, either to kill an oponent while he is already pressured, counter a transformation, or to get him off point to quickly decap him.
And good players know when they can leave a point to get back in quickly to not get decapped.

mesmer represent explains why bullkitten mesmer abilities are not bullkitten

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: hurrado.2346

hurrado.2346

There’s no counters to necro shroud.

Actually there is a counter to necro shroud: don’t let the necro get shroud. honestly if people expect that necro has no shroud when they just attack through spectral armor then that’s their fault.

That’s not really a counter. Necro has several unblockable attacks that give life force, as well as the fact that you’re asking people to just ignore you when you activate spectral armor, which can be difficult to spot in a big fight, just like moa casting.

ruining berzerker and completely killing any necro that goes against a mesmer.

There’s no counter to berserker mode BESIDES moa. You have perma stability, massive HP regen, and plenty of blocks and damage ignorance to go with it. A well-placed moa says “screw your passives” and reverses that. And moa can’t be spammed with any particular frequency either. It’s on a long cooldown.

As for necro, most of the time I see it being used against necro is when they enter shroud in order to not die when they’re being focused. Good necros stay far enough away from the fight to nuke without getting focused. Moa is pointless if the necro isn’t under any real threat.

And with celestial form, at least it helps counter the ridiculous heal-to-full and stealth skills they have.

I’d also like to point out that if you do get moa’d… you do have skills still. As soon as I get moa’d, I pop #5 because it’s an evade that lasts a significant length of the moa spell. And I still have evades…

The only time moa is a real threat is if you’re getting focused already — if you’re not in any particular danger, it really isn’t a threat.

because shroud is a ranged attack. yeah right….

The time when Moa is a problem for necros is when they are in the fray. That generally only happens when they are prepared to attack or getting focused on. If they are prepared, they can survive the moa.

Do you even play necro?

Regardless, your nonsense argument doesn’t discount how overpowered Moa is against Necros. It kills all minions, eliminates Necros only defensive ability-shroud and it’s not like moa has some huge noticeable animation, because it doesn’t. Oh and try kiting from a Mesmer or engineer on a necro.

And completely eliminating a skill bar is nonsense.

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: GhostAirborne.6872

GhostAirborne.6872

it’s not like moa has some huge noticeable animation, because it doesn’t.

Time to buy glasses

base64_decode(‘R2gwc3Q=’)

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: hurrado.2346

hurrado.2346

Time to buy glasses

Oh so noticeable, you turn purple and point just like every other Mesmer skill.

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

The animation is a purple mess like almost every other mesmer skill

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: GhostAirborne.6872

GhostAirborne.6872

Are you expecting a black screen with the word “MOA” written on it and a countdown timer while the mesmer freezes so you have time to break line of sight or dodge?

base64_decode(‘R2gwc3Q=’)

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Moa is a real game changer when used by a good Mesmer. It’s an elite though. Elites should be good/great

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Moa morph should never have been in the game. It makes SPvP look like a circus.

It is a circus.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

Moa is a " i win skill" it cancels all other elites , im not even talking what it does to minion masters, thats just super unfair imo, i would like to see moa skill reworked, dont let continuum split afect moa and dont alow moa to cancel tranformations, and ofc why kill all minions?
It doesnt kill any of the other pets or summons.
Mesmers already have the best skill in the game portal,they dont need to have the second best also.

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

The whole Moa skill (and Portal skill) should be removed from PvP, both are way too overpowered to be allowed in a pvp game

Moa and portal existed before the expansion but no one complained about it then, even when Moa lasted 10 seconds instead of it’s current 6. Why? Because power mesmer is hard countered by thief, something that every pro level team had and condi mesmer didn’t exist back then. Moa and portal is not the problem.

That here is plain false. Just browse forum history about Moa and you’ll know just how bad what you said is.

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

Moa is broken an even dont fit whith the mesmer theme (illusions) or chrono(time mastery) portal also dont fit but its another theme
a little suggestion for reworking it, move to chrono elite and remake it as time suspension:
objective player is timefreezed a few seconds (they dont move, dont receive damage, dont get contrib to cap etc etc) change the “i win” button for a more strategic version to win a momentany numeric advantage or increase decrease cap bar of point or simply a few recovery seconds for the mes

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Moa has always been in pvp it’s good couter to transformations if you remove a counter you also need to remove what it counters so if moa is removed I will call for removal of minions astral form death shroud lich form plague form rampage and tornado from pvp

And when we continue in this path eventually pvp will be place were we can test who has best autoattack

why is it a instant cast then when almost all elites take a second or 2?

im bad at sarcasm

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Moa = easy necro kill. Necro 2 dodges, los and positioning is the only way to actually avoid dmg other than some spotty projectile hate.

If you’re going to moa things then moa necros. Because it’s both easy and fun.

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

The whole Moa skill (and Portal skill) should be removed from PvP, both are way too overpowered to be allowed in a pvp game

I agree. It would also allow mesmers to be better balanced rather than always having to be cautious with balance due to the existence of these two gimmicks.

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Time to buy glasses

Thats outdated. It now has a massive signet abvove the mesmers head and a VERY lofty 1second cast time.

Its as obvious as day when a mesmer casts a signet. Just LOOK.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: Sismis.5390

Sismis.5390

Time to buy glasses

Thats outdated. It now has a massive signet abvove the mesmers head and a VERY lofty 1second cast time.

You realize that percentage of gw2 players suffer from tunnel view?

Attachments:

I was feeling a bit screw-loose so I…checked myself in.

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

The animation is not very distinct but you can track the mesmer’s boon bar and if Moa falls off, they’ve either cast it or are casting it.

It can be difficult to spot, but if you do spot it and successfully dodge it, the mesmer can be put at a significant disadvantage

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Time to buy glasses

Actually the signet comes after the cast, just to rub it in more.

EverythingOP

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

why is it a instant cast then when almost all elites take a second or 2?

Get ur facts straight 1s cast time https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Humility

Moa on warrior's rampage

in PvP

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

Pfft. Of course it cancels Rampage. Why do you think it’s called Signet of Humility?