Moa still too strong

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Got condis on you —> get moad --> cant cleanse condis —> dead

when will this stupid skill finally be removed from the game. In some games I get moad 3+ times, its impossible to see in all the effect clutter

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

when will this stupid skill finally be removed from the game. In some games I get moad 3+ times, its impossible to see in all the effect clutter

They nerfed Ice Bow instead… Try to understand.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

It is the double moa. I am sad that my main is only able to tpvp because of port and moa. But I kind of feel like its mesmer’s turn to step out of the spotlight.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

I believe that moa and portal are actually the strongest skills in the game, making mesmer almost a must have in teams.
Its really changes team fights.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

I believe that moa and portal are actually the strongest skills in the game, making mesmer almost a must have in teams.

Only if you team queue. I’ve had multiple games were typing out “I am going to moa the target (and obviously calling target)” still fails to settle in the minds of the gw2 pvp community.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

Ofc im talking about players that take advantage of the players beeing moad.
I won duels vs mesmers that double moad me.
Moa is almost a i win skill, its very strong and if used correctly wins duels easy and team fights.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

The two aren’t mutually exclusive, what you’re asking for based off your terrible logic is rubbish.

That’s like saying you want to nerf all crowd control effects because of the possibility of dying while you don’t have control over your character. When you come back with a better argument than effect clutter as a reason for a nerf, then we can continue this discussion. Until then…….

/Thread

Countless

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

The two aren’t mutually exclusive, what you’re asking for based off your terrible logic is rubbish.

That’s like saying you want to nerf all crowd control effects because of the possibility of dying while you don’t have control over your character. When you come back with a better argument than effect clutter as a reason for a nerf, then we can continue this discussion. Until then…….

/Thread

Countless

Mesmer can spike very hard with condies and if u get cc like 1- 3 secs u might have time to react but when u get moa 7 seconds u cant use any skills and then u might even get moa again.
Moa is super strong in a 1v1 situation , and having loads of condies on u its almost for sure u will die, i think thats what he ment.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I feel double moa is just 1 of the power creeps HoT brought. To change that means we need a change to every profession’s Elite. Like stuns on DH traps, Necro’s Chill AoE, Condi War’s, etc.

I’m not saying it’s fine. It’s just the norm for HoT standards.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Trigr.6481

/Thread

Countless

Mesmer can spike very hard with condies and if u get cc like 1- 3 secs u might have time to react but when u get moa 7 seconds u cant use any skills and then u might even get moa again.
Moa is super strong in a 1v1 situation , and having loads of condies on u its almost for sure u will die, i think thats what he ment.

And? If you get hit with a large power attack while you’re in moa you’re still gonna drop, based off that logic, nerf moa…yeah ok good discussion.

Countless

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

/Thread

Countless

And? If you get hit with a large power attack while you’re in moa you’re still gonna drop, based off that logic, nerf moa…yeah ok good discussion.

Countless

Are you playing mesmer as main in pvp?

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

/Thread

Countless

Countless

Not really since u have skills and runes with trsholds vs power atacks but how about condies?

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Trigr.6481

/Thread

Countless

Countless

Do you have anything to bring to the table in this discussion other than effect clutter burning your retinas as justification to nerfing a skill?

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

/Thread

Countless

Countless

Do you have anything to bring to the table in this discussion other than effect clutter burning your retinas as justification to nerfing a skill?

There dont need to be more reasons. The skill is simply OP in all aspects. PERIOD.
No skill should replace your whole skill bar, especially not for so long and without any long and clearly visible tell.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Trigr.6481

/Thread

Countless

Countless

There dont need to be more reasons.

LOL, yeah your request will get far. Good luck with that.

Attachments:

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

Its obvious if u play mesmer u going to defend this skill, but when u r about to win and u get moa for 7 secs with stacks of condies on u , doesnt matter if u run , u gonna drop, 7 secs its a lot and i dont mean only in 1v1 , in team fights u get moa and your team snowballs the other team afterwords.
Moa counters all transformation elites and disables all your skills for 7 secs, its a very strong skill that carries games it really does, i think this skill should be reworked to give some counter play, cause atm its really a i win skill ,do u know that if u moa a minion mancer it kills all minions including the heal and his elite golem ?
Players dont like to lose control over their toon for 7 seconds ,imagine a 7 second fear that cant be sunbreaked? Its more than enough to kill that player even if hes full hp, doesnt matter he was going to win that mesmer that was about to die , u get moa or double moa and u die vs a normal player, while if u get vs other elite skills u can reflect or los or pop some invul , but while in moa u just move around like a …… asking to be insta killed, ofc its upseting ,try to understand.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Eh, if you’re being killed by a double Moa you’re against some pretty terrible players. The whole point of continuum split and moa is that you have it on a 72s CD, less than half it’s original cool down of 180s. You only get that if you don’t use it a second time, only a bad player uses it the second time unless there’s only a minute left of the match.

“but but alacrity!” – yeah you get 1s shaved off for every 4s of alacrity, over the whole recharge you’d be lucky to get more than 7s shaved off it.

It’s already down to 6s duration, I’ve been moa’d plenty of times since the nerf, 4, dodge, dodge, no longer moa, block follow up burst or moa. Well done, you outplayed an idiot if they double moa’d, wail on them while they keyboard turn.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Moa is survivable in a 1v1 against a condi mes for a dh thanks to fragments of faith.

get moa’d > pick up aegis fragments until moa runs out > punish mesmer

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Yes. but the dodge skills do not help if you have condies on you. You simply cannot get rid of them during moa form.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Kuya.6495

hunter’s fortification works during moa form.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

hunter’s fortification works during moa form.

oh great, grandmaster trait of 1 class is working. and still not very useful since moa has no block skills.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Polymorph_Moa

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Kuya.6495

I’m guessing you don’t know what fragment of faith is nor the trait that procs it.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

If you have two dodges though moa isn’t too bad.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

The reason moa is strong is cause it depletes your lifeforce / astral force. Destroys all your minions. and makes you unable to use active defenses. But dodging moa isnt difficult if you know where the mesmer is, like, the mesmer shines, like its a great kitten bright purple light.

Moa was already nerfed from 10 seconds to 6 seconds duration, resulting in a 12 s total moa if you get moad twice with a 180 seconds cooldown.

The current mesmer meta build doesnt have any stealthskills, so you should be able to dodge / block / avoid getting moad at least half the time if you pay attention.

Even if you get moad, you still have an evade skill built into it.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

I’m guessing you don’t know what fragment of faith is nor the trait that procs it.

its too situational and as I said guard is only 1 of 9 classes

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

The best nerf they can do to moa that won’t ruin the skill is a more obvious animation. Right now it’s just a quick sparkling effect that you can’t see in the middle of all the clutter of a teamfight. It needs to be obvious like Executioner’s Scythe. Nothing too obvious, but also more obvious than it is now.

Other Mesmer signet casts show the signet symbol over the character’s head as they cast it. Moa shouldn’t be an exception.

If you get CCed and then changed into a moa, that’s when you’ll need team support. And that’s fine. In a team game, requiring support from your team is ideal imo. In a duel, a mesmer will have to cast Tides of Time and use the quickness from it to get off the cast. That will force a stunbreak to avoid it. If you see Continuum Split, you know you’ll need to dodge or stay far away from the Mesmer, forcing a blink if they want to use ToT to get a stun. Either way, Moa against a good player requires effort. With a more obvious tell, worse players will still need to dodge or block it, but will be punished as they are punished now when getting hit. This will avoid destroying the skill while also making it a little easier to deal with.

They could probably also get away with a slightly longer cast time. No more than half a second more.

Make a bigger tell on Moa, Maybe increase cast time by 1/4-1/2.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

The reason moa is strong is cause it depletes your lifeforce / astral force. Destroys all your minions. and makes you unable to use active defenses. But dodging moa isnt difficult if you know where the mesmer is, like, the mesmer shines, like its a great kitten bright purple light.

Moa was already nerfed from 10 seconds to 6 seconds duration, resulting in a 12 s total moa if you get moad twice with a 180 seconds cooldown.

The current mesmer meta build doesnt have any stealthskills, so you should be able to dodge / block / avoid getting moad at least half the time if you pay attention.

Lol! they still haven’t fixed that? That is the reason I didn’t main necro two years back.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Wyrden.4713

Lol! they still haven’t fixed that? That is the reason I didn’t main necro two years back.

engi elixir x does the exact same.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Mes without illusions + moe is very bad. Most pro teams dont even run mes. We had this issue with zerker last patch with rampage.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

i cant stand how it pulls me out of reapers shroud. you know my only way to mitigate damage. i die everytime.

im bad at sarcasm

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Please, please don’t lump your hate for condis with Moa. Those are two separate things. You get moad by a shatter power mes, you’re kittened even faster than a condi Mes… if you’re not bursted even before moa hits.

“Omg no but there’s passives that make you immune to power damage” Yeah well, if it’s a power mes, he’ll burst you down in the blink of an eye – that’s when your lovely trait will proc to save you, like Endure Pain. THEN he will moa and woosh – no more passive trait to protect you. With condis you can at least have an ally (like a guardian with F2) to cleanse you completely.

Moa as 6 seconds is, imo, alright. It gives the mes time to kill you, but it also gives you time to get out of it alive.
Yes, it’s a strong skill. Yes, it’s dirty but it’s not nearly as bad as it once was.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

That’s like saying you want to nerf all crowd control effects because of the possibility of dying while you don’t have control over your character.

Confused… how is Moa equatable to a stun or daze or immobilize?

Hmm, that makes me wonder. Where is the good old counterspell ability? Or perhaps giving the Moa skill the ability to instantly transform an ally Moa back into normal form?

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Wyrden.4713

That’s like saying you want to nerf all crowd control effects because of the possibility of dying while you don’t have control over your character.

Confused… how is Moa equatable to a stun or daze or immobilize?

Hmm, that makes me wonder. Where is the good old counterspell ability? Or perhaps giving the Moa skill the ability to instantly transform an ally Moa back into normal form?

avoid getting moad. Blinds, invulns, blocks, evades, dodges

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Light Of The Abyss.5927

Light Of The Abyss.5927

Moa isn’t OP… especially with all of the random/passive blocks out there. It was nerfed to be short enough that if you don’t instantly spike they will survive.

Delpfine Drake

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Give moa form resistance, stability, a machine gun, a cloaking device and deflector shields. People would be lining up to get moa’d.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

What MOA needs its the hability to be refleted to the sender.
Its not a big deal because all mesmers know that MOA is not OP.

Or they can just give MOA condition cleanse.

Maybe both would fit better that skill.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Or give moa invulnerability. So you can make someone useless for some time, can use it to decap but not for easy kill.

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

Or give moa invulnerability. So you can make someone useless for some time, can use it to decap but not for easy kill.

It would become completely useless. Moa can be great in 1 vs 1 but when i play mesmer , i usually go in solo i prefer gravity well . You will find it stupid but i find it better and with a lower cd

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

These days, with all the stability and boons, I say leave it as is. If I couldn’t Moa, I would quickly get tired of the noobs that build bunker sitting on points when neither of us can kill each other.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

So many people here don’t like to dodge moa…why…why people don’t like dodge moa!? Why people come here to complain because they don’t like to dodge moa!?

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

So many people here don’t like to dodge moa…why…why people don’t like dodge moa!? Why people come here to complain because they don’t like to dodge moa!?

Dodging it is almost impossible, try playing mesmer. 90%+ of your moas will land

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Dodging it is almost impossible, try playing mesmer. 90%+ of your moas will land

Those moas lands because:

1. They don’t play with standard models or just don’t care to look at animations
2. They were in team fight didn’t care to look at Mesmer – just focus necro/guard standard thing.
3. They don’t try at least to cc Mesmer if out dodges
4. They are simply bad

But I am hysterical here over dodges but most of the classes pukes actively and passively with evades, blocks, stablity’es, invulnerability’s ow and blinds…

And even if it hit’s (and don’t face ts premade) you can always use those two dodges and skill 5 to run away and don’t eat burst.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

I am such a subpar mesmer. At most my moas hit 50% of the time.

Teh Ouchies

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Kurt Wulfgang.2436

Kurt Wulfgang.2436

Hahahaha how the kitten is “Moa problem” real hahahaha mate just look at the chrono and dodge when you see the signet of humility below its health bar is gone like mate look at the enemy instead of your skillbar hahaha like keep a stunbreak if it tries to chain it hahahaha

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

The only issue i have with moa is, when it is cast with haste, it actually is applied before animation even played. You have 0 chance to react to it unless you predict it or just random dodge lol. At least this my experience from all 4 seasons so far and i play with 20-40 ms on average.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I’d happily delete moa in favour of an elite skill that turns on friendly fire for a brief time (flags all enemies to take damage from all sources including their teammates) to all enemies in a target area.

Would be more fun tbh – thinking of “Mayhem” grandmaster illusion spell in skyrim.

Would also be funny seeing for example DH traps and other aoe decimate their own team. xD

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

I’d happily delete moa in favour of an elite skill that turns on friendly fire for a brief time (flags all enemies to take damage from all sources including their teammates) to all enemies in a target area.

Would be more fun tbh – thinking of “Mayhem” grandmaster illusion spell in skyrim.

Would also be funny seeing for example DH traps and other aoe decimate their own team. xD

the amount of trolls you would see. besides the fact this skill would be the most overpowered thing youve ever seen.

im bad at sarcasm

Moa still too strong

in PvP

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

It’d last for one second, all mesmers would think it is useless until they end up using it and realizing it insta-kills the entire other team.

And on topic: I don’t really think Anet needs to nerf moa more (more of the fact that some other elites for classes need to be actually useful). Though even if they nerfed moa, I think mesmer would be fine for the vast majority of players. I played mesmer for the first time yesterday and went 8-1 with rolling my face across the keyboard.

(edited by Azoqu.8917)