More Matchmaking Tweaks

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

We’ve been finding more ways to analyze how matchmaking is behaving in order make improvements to the system. Today you should notice a great improvement in queue times as we’ve identified some configurations that were adding wait times for no tangible benefits. Some players will notice a reduction in queue times of up to 3 minutes!

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

Good work. Thanks

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: bbennett.7463

bbennett.7463

Thanks anet you guys are doing great dont listen to these kittens complaining

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

So will we still see 3 necros in one team still? Because that needs to not happen. Ever.

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: bbennett.7463

bbennett.7463

and here they comeeee

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

I want my game to be as competitve as possible. So I would seriously mind if your new matchmaking system matches me with noobs. But definitely looking towards it.

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Matches for some people will be better after the change. The way timing lined up, players on the edges of the MMR curve would go from no matches to all the (bad) matches in one jump.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

Thank you Xdragonshadowninjax

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Actually got some good matches this evening, definitely felt the competition, though,.. .. I can’t theory craft ghetto builds anymore thinking i’m going to get a low mmr comp XD

We’ll see what tomorrow brings. Keep up the good work guys.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

I got into a match against two members of PZ. Got stomped. Does me getting matched with them mean I’m almost as good as them? Because that’d be awesome. xD

(Though I know I’m not).

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

I got into a match against two members of PZ. Got stomped. Does me getting matched with them mean I’m almost as good as them? Because that’d be awesome. xD

(Though I know I’m not).

That’s what I am looking forwards to; Can’t wait to check it for myself.

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Xynful.8140

Xynful.8140

I still see teams with 3+ of the same class. Stop putting me in teams with 3 mesmers. Holy shot.

“Monica” – Denzel Washington

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

I still see teams with 3+ of the same class. Stop putting me in teams with 3 mesmers. Holy shot.

How is it Anet problem?? You make no sense at all. They cant match against toon,I doubt we have to technology for it. And even if it was possible, players can still re roll midst a game. So you are asking for the impossible if I were you I’d L2P.

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Sorting matchmaking by profession is just not as useful because people can switch. If they don’t switch, they don’t care, and it’s all chill.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Xynful.8140

Xynful.8140

How is it Anet problem?? You make no sense at all. They cant match against toon,I doubt we have to technology for it. And even if it was possible, players can still re roll midst a game. So you are asking for the impossible if I were you I’d L2P.

So there’s a learn to play issue with the pro ESL players? I mean, they only implemented a new rule where there’s no class stacking, maybe it’s because they suck.

“Monica” – Denzel Washington

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

So there’s a learn to play issue with the pro ESL players? I mean, they only implemented a new rule where there’s no class stacking, maybe it’s because they suck.

Maybe that too. Just to clarify l2p doesn’t solely include winning 1 vs 1 and learning the other class tricks. Rotating the maps. Knowing who you can an can’t take also constitute L2p. But I am going to back down because I don’t know what the mesmers were running.

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

Good guy Evan, keep up the good work! Thank you, this is greatly appreciated.

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Want to fix matchmaking?
-Separate solo and pre made queues.
-Match strictly on tier rating
-If time threshold is exceded match with lower tier and remove opposing teams penalty for loosing.

Presto, matchmaking solved.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Very noticeable change in queue times last night. Thank you.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Want to fix matchmaking?
-If time threshold is exceded match with lower tier and remove opposing teams penalty for loosing.

Everything was good until you went with “loosing”.

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Want to fix matchmaking?

It should only be the exceptions, and you HAVE to compensate players that fight at an undue disadvantage.
This way those rare (im going to assume they are rare) situations where there is not enough population of a given tier to match 10 people together, and on side is given advantage, that side still has the risk of loosing a pip but the side playing with the disadvantage doesn’t.

Again, this would be for the extreme cases mentioned above, if Anet seriously cant put 10 people together at any given time, they flat out need to reconsider the tier system.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

We’ve been finding more ways to analyze how matchmaking is behaving in order make improvements to the system. Today you should notice a great improvement in queue times as we’ve identified some configurations that were adding wait times for no tangible benefits. Some players will notice a reduction in queue times of up to 3 minutes!

Nice.
Thanks.

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

Matches for some people will be better after the change. The way timing lined up, players on the edges of the MMR curve would go from no matches to all the (bad) matches in one jump.

so that’s why we went from 9 minute q’s to 30 second q’s but vs hotjoin level players in an instant

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Want to fix matchmaking?

It should only be the exceptions, and you HAVE to compensate players that fight at an undue disadvantage.

If I recall correctly, the matchmaker inflates the ratings of players in a party (proportional to party size) so that the premade plays against higher caliber players than the partied players would encounter on their own.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Crinn.7864

What?
I cannot for the life of me imagine how they could have a system where it not passible for the system to grab what profession a player is on.

It’s not a tech problem, it’s a “is this worth the increase in queue times” problem.

YouTube

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Spurrlock.3219

Spurrlock.3219

Q times are dope. Poppin quick and easy like a pimple after a steamy bath mhhhmmmm.

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

What?
I cannot for the life of me imagine how they could have a system where it not passible for the system to grab what profession a player is on.

It’s not a tech problem, it’s a “is this worth the increase in queue times” problem.

Too bad you can’t read.

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

I’m getting horrendous matches. Like, I feel like ragequitting all the time because the people I’m playing with are idiots. I can be 1v3, down one, and escape with my life, and my team will still not take a single point.

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: vlad.4871

vlad.4871

this it s the most kittened matchmaking change that i ever saw.

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Do listen to the kittens complaining. Those kittens keep your company in business. Now how about being even handed and not disfavoring Mesmer?

Mesmerising Girl

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

I’ve noticed the same bad matches as before, mm might be faster, but now I lose faster.

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Crinn.7864

What?

Too bad you can’t read.

I’m sorry? You said

They cant match against toon,I doubt we have to technology for it.

I found “match against toon” to be unintelligible but assumed based on the context of the post you where responding to, that you where talking about preventing class stack in matches.
If there is some other interpretation, It’s unknown to me.

YouTube

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Improvements to matchmaking in anets eyes = shorter queuetimes. Thats it.

Kitten better quality matches as long as q times are short. Right Evan?

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

hopfully incompetence is not fatal…

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Last night we had que pop within 10 seconds of entering the que like 3 times in a row. I do not code much, but I find it hard to believe that the mmr is matched in such a short time.
Matches were unbalanced when my guildie is in games with Pro league players.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Jack Daniels.5270

Jack Daniels.5270

I’m getting horrendous matches. Like, I feel like ragequitting all the time because the people I’m playing with are idiots. I can be 1v3, down one, and escape with my life, and my team will still not take a single point.

Exactly my feeling atm and thats why i looked on forums to see if anything changed. I may be bad at pvp but the matchmaking is terrible and games feel pointless.

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

Welp, I think this is the straw the broke the camels back, at least for me till ranked finally comes back.

I actually had a +50/50 win ratio with my warrior pre-patch. Now it’s just in the gutter.

Attachments:

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

What?

Too bad you can’t read.

I’m sorry? You said

They cant match against toon,I doubt we have to technology for it.

I found “match against toon” to be unintelligible but assumed based on the context of the post you where responding to, that you where talking about preventing class stack in matches.
If there is some other interpretation, It’s unknown to me.

Read the whole paragraph. . * even if it was possible*…

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

Call me pessimistic, but I consider the game to be unplayable.

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

The que times seem much shorter, a lot of instapops and below 2min till latenight today.

Thank you very much for that.

Otherwise,
the quality is regular unrank trash we had since off season. Id be very happy to finaly or even maybe once per week for 10.000 gems be able to see my actual MMR and the enemy ones so I can know if i can afford to play a fun non optimal build for a change. and also when i hit rock mmr bottom, to know its time to put meta tryhard pants back on.

Thank you.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: daggerhands.9634

daggerhands.9634

The que times seem much shorter, a lot of instapops and below 2min till latenight today.

Otherwise,
the quality is regular unrank trash we had since off season. Id be very happy to finaly or even maybe once per week for 10.000 gems be able to see my actual MMR and the enemy ones so I can know if i can afford to play a fun non optimal build for a change. and also when i hit rock mmr bottom, to know its time to put meta tryhard pants back on.

Thank you.

Dont give them ideas on adding a cost too seeying your MMR. (Though i doubt they will ever allow us too see it)

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Otherwise,

Thank you.

Dont give them ideas on adding a cost too seeying your MMR. (Though i doubt they will ever allow us too see it)

What’s sad is I actually wouldn’t mind paying for one. It will never happen because people would derank themselves at will or… they’ll only play when their mmr tanks due to inactivity.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

thanks evan !!!

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Riz.8925

Riz.8925

Lol. This new matchmaking sucks. Seems like it was made to keep the high rated players from leaving the game since they probably had long queues. Now a scrub like myself is just matched against high rated players and are getting ROFLSTOMPED. I rather wait 5 mins and get a balanced match then get 30 sec queues and lost 8 of last 10 like I have been doing in one-sided matches. Oh well….sigh….

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: pico.6402

pico.6402

So will we still see 3 necros in one team still? Because that needs to not happen. Ever.

Still better then to be in a team with 3 mesmers (I was one of them) t ooposit with 2 dh, 2 reapers and a thief

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.7843

Shadow.7843

13 games straight, all losses. Please bring the old matchmaking algorithm back T__T

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Notice much faster matchmaking. Composition in playerskill seems still mixed. Noticed more 2/3 player premades scheduled with me in solo. We all know 3 player preamde mixed with all solo gives bad odds … But it can be that about 20 Games are not enough for a clear picture to see if i am right.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

5 soloQ games lastnight, lost 1, one match put with premades of 2 on both sides of the team. Low waiting times, so far seems great.

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

Personally, last night i went back to PvP yesterday to try some builds and got some great matches and queue times of 1 minute or less.

Pretty cool

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

More Matchmaking Tweaks

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Thanks anet you guys are doing great dont listen to these kittens complaining

Yes, the players don’t know anyting we are morons. Don’t act on information from markets. Markets are dumb. A small group of so called “experts” should make all the decisions.