Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Most of us don't care about pve

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

pve virgin

Created a new toon?

I created 2 new toons from existing slots and also bought 3 additional slots. I got all of them to 80 from exp scrolls, and tomes but still have a full stack left. All duplicate professions, just wanted to see the “feel” of certain races. They all have between 0-2% map completion which makes them kinda useless in PVE unless I run around to get new waypoints points for each one. Nothing wrong with pve, it just seems like too much effort to me and doesn’t feel as rewarding.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

‘Rewarding’ varies a lot between people, I will never understand people who find world completion rewarding enough to do it more than once, I haven’t got more than 60% on any characters

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

The introduction of reward tracks got more people into PvP, but a lot of those (including me!) are mainly there to farm reward tracks, either because they are a faster way to the rewards we want (dungeon skins), or they’re the ONLY reliable way to the rewards we want (e.g. Fossils, the Rime Rebreather). If the reward tracks weren’t there, we wouldn’t be in PvP at all.

Quoted for truth.

I am sure that is how many users STARTED to PvP, but you REALLY get into it after a while.

YMMV. Some do get into it, some get driven out of it. I generally dislike PvP, and the more I play it, the more I get tired of that feeling of frustration – from being placed against high-skill players and getting steamrolled, from steamrolling low-skill players, from builds which are buffed and then left as is for half a year, from getting Skyhammer with a non-knockback build and having no build presets, from lagging and skills failing, from crucial skills bugging out, from offensive chat from both my team and opponents, from AFKers, from elitist guildies being elitist in PvP, from newbie guildies being noobish…

I’m playing games to relax, not to dominate others. What some find enjoyable, others find frustrating. With all the above combined, for me PvP is 3/4 frustration and only 1/4 enjoyment. Mainly I do PvP for unique/guaranteed rewards and tomes of knowledge, not because I love it and can’t live without it (since what I currently “love” is high-level fractals with my guildies).

20 level 80s and counting.

in PvP

Posted by: Kline.9561

Kline.9561

Why does ANet continue to push PVE when most of us PVP?

Just imagine how all of that PVE development money could have spent on the content that matters to most of us.

If by “us” you mean GW2 players as a whole, then most of “us” don’t actually PvP! PvP is TINY! And in that tiny, tiny playerbase, a large chunk is just bad PvE/WvW players who just PvP for their daily!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

ArrDee is correct, only a tiny percentage of the GW 2 population play PvP.

Then make the spvp portion of the game free to play and keep the rest proprietary.
I would be intrested to see what kind of numbers that would bring in. Might even help with the poor match making due to low population numbers, much of the reason moba games like LoL are so popular is becuase they have no barrier to entry just a barrier of skill level and learning curve which is defanatly not always a bad thing gw2 has that except the free part

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

That’s interesting, because for me PvE is 95% repeated content against unchanging AI and I only set foot in PvE when I’m both exhausted by PvP and am doing it with friends/guildies on teamspeak.

in PvP

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

The introduction of reward tracks got more people into PvP, but a lot of those (including me!) are mainly there to farm reward tracks, either because they are a faster way to the rewards we want (dungeon skins), or they’re the ONLY reliable way to the rewards we want (e.g. Fossils, the Rime Rebreather). If the reward tracks weren’t there, we wouldn’t be in PvP at all.

Quoted for truth.

I am sure that is how many users STARTED to PvP, but you REALLY get into it after a while.

YMMV. Some do get into it, some get driven out of it. I generally dislike PvP, and the more I play it, the more I get tired of that feeling of frustration – from being placed against high-skill players and getting steamrolled, from steamrolling low-skill players, from builds which are buffed and then left as is for half a year, from getting Skyhammer with a non-knockback build and having no build presets, from lagging and skills failing, from crucial skills bugging out, from offensive chat from both my team and opponents, from AFKers, from elitist guildies being elitist in PvP, from newbie guildies being noobish…

I’m playing games to relax, not to dominate others. What some find enjoyable, others find frustrating. With all the above combined, for me PvP is 3/4 frustration and only 1/4 enjoyment. Mainly I do PvP for unique/guaranteed rewards and tomes of knowledge, not because I love it and can’t live without it (since what I currently “love” is high-level fractals with my guildies).

Agreed. I still do 1-4 matches a day…but for the dailies. I don’t find PvP fun. I know how it works now and I’m getting better at it (I hope), but still not what I find most fun in the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i do care about PvE to a certain extent.

- i’m always looking forward to the next episode of living story
(but i can’t be bothered to finish the additional achievements since season 2)

- i will always oppose any requests to raise the level cap of 80, or to introduce more vertical progression .

errr
thats about it i guess.

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Man, Poe’s Law in action. Of course the OP is being satirical, PvP is a minor sideshow in the game at best. It is disturbing how much developer attention it seems to get though, with way more dev posts than PvE stuff, and almost all class balance changes are designed with PvP in mind, rather than what effect it has on the PvE balance.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

PvE does not need balance at all.
PvE only needs the gold gem economy balance.

PvE needs skills traits runes sigils etc balance.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

I’m pretty sure living story season 2 alone accounts for much more developer time than every PvP balance patch ever.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

….and there’s a reason for that.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

most people play to get rewarded for their time. the effort/time to reward ratio if you will. depending on what you are going for one is more efficient than the other. thats why you get the pve farmers in pvp now. most mmos have a far greater effort/time to reward ratio in pve.
if they really wanted to make pvp popular, they would make all 3 game modes have the same effort/time to reward ratio. the desire to be rewarded to the utmost would fade and you would get people playing what they actually have the most fun in.

one of the previous games I played you literally cannot make any in game gold doing pvp. the equipment you can buy with your pvp credits is either soulbound or out-dated and therefore worthless. so you had to do pve if you wanted to do anything besides sit and wait for que.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

What is really sad is that IMO this game has the best fight mechanic from ALL MMO and the company is not using it to promote the game.

I know everyone is different . . . .

But honestly i don’t know how a person can find fun at all to collect skins for a end game.

Lineage 2 had great mechanics for competition.

Castle siege: where a castle really meant something to earn money for the clan.

Guilds: Nothing better than having a rival clan to fight and grow in skills. Also clan halls . . . with unique attributes.

Duels . . .

Well i know they will never change this hippie way of gaming in Gw2 but they could use some of this ideas to promote a new ending.

in PvP

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

No adventure in PvP. I like adventure. I tried to get into it a few times un my 6000 plus hours, but endless repeating of the same few maps doesn’t do it for me. I can see why there are players who swear by it, but it’s just not my bag.

PvE is important because it is the biggest pool of “potential” PvP players: those who are already in and familiar with the game. The success of PvE benefits the PvP community.

Be encouraging and supportive of new blood, and your community will grow and flourish.

in PvP

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

PvE does not need balance at all.
PvE only needs the gold gem economy balance.

PvE needs skills traits runes sigils etc balance.

Lol, but seriously, PvE needs balance just as much as PvP. If players do not believe that their class is performing as well as other classes then they aren’t having as much fun. ANet needs to make sure that every class is equally useful to dungeon parties, and equally useful against open world zerg events in some role. Condition damage verses large bosses is one of the biggest class balance problems the game has had, and they’ve done nothing about it in years.

I’m pretty sure living story season 2 alone accounts for much more developer time than every PvP balance patch ever.

Different developers. The people that tweak power balance are not the ones building story chapters. Just focus on the portions of the patch notes that start with class titles, about 90% of those updates are things designed to make the class more (or in some cases less) effective in 1 v 1 encounters with other player classes, and if they have any impact on how the class performs against other classes, it’s pure luck.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in PvP

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

This thread is hilarious. PvP is easily the least popular mode. PvE and WvW are almost immeasurably more popular.

SWISH

in PvP

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

I care for pve and pvp because is challenge; challenge= fun. If talk about wvw; challenge ok until instant kill by instant kill class; no challenge= not fun.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur