My MMR officially too low

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I am not looking for a pity party, I just needed to rant and vent.

I was pretty proud of accepting the journey of solo q as war to diamond. Sure I could do it. Then I hit ruby tier and I started losing matches. Part of it because people give up because they see a warrior, part of it because of poor rotations, and lastly mechanical skill.

I have played warrior for 3 years, I played necro for about 6 months. I have tussled with the greats, played along side some of them. I thought I could do the job.
But try solo q on a non carrying class is probably more difficult than completing my doctorate degree.

So many people, who have been playing "meta classes/builds for like 1-2 months and think they know everything. I got to ruby, and then now I feel like I am so tanked in MMR that over half of my team is usually sapphire folks.
You just can’t win when there are people double capping nodes, going for bosses with the thief nearby for the steal, rotating to lost fights and getting wiped, suiciding at far node and the list goes on and on. And of course I get blamed. You mean to tell me we lost because we had a warrior and not because you spent 13 seconds capping that node to walk away from it and lose it within 10 seconds.

But I have learned something in all of this frustration. These are just the tactics of the lower level players. They do not out grow it. And the reason is because it works at the level they are on and they eventually make it to ruby. Then they are mixed in with people who actually know what rotation properly is and they lose and do not understand.

This is typical learning curve syndrome of ever game ever. Play A works at low tier and you use it to get to high tier. In high tier Play A does not work. But because you had a gradual progression to high tier, you do not understand that Play A does not work. However, with half the team executing Play A and the other hald doing Play B, it is a kitten fest.

So now I am stuck. I guess I just need to find some friends and que up to rise out of this slump.

Lastly, people learn some math. There is a point in the game where you only need 1 point to win. If you have over 400 and they are at 300, please do not give up that node you own. mathematically they cannot catch up. Not counting kills of course. So spreading thin trying to secure a resource you do not need is flawed.

MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH. You all know everything right?? But can’t extrapolate to 500 based on a field situation.

Ill be back after the holidays. Maybe the bads will make it to diamond and then I can have the emeralds on my teams.

I am a nice guy. I do not wish to bad mouth people or anything. The pip system has made this environment toxic. So much cussing, name calling and crap talking in team chat the whole time of a match. Losing is bad enough, old system I knew I loss, but now it feels worse. Losing pips hurts a lot. But losing because of 4 others, the worst. I should be used to this due to team sports but I guess because there is not allegiance to the randoms, it just irks me.

I know my play is not perfect, I make mistakes. I lose home node sometimes.

I Know. I need a break. No game should cause you this much distress.

I’ll be back in January to stream some warrior solo q.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Sorry to hear that man. I’d still take a good warrior over a bad player on a “meta” class anyday. I find it weird that you see a lot of bad chat in team chat. 90% of my games is like playing with NPC’s, there is no chat at all, not even a reply to “Hi” when I zone in.

Meta classes work in a meta team by meta players IMO. It doesn’t work at my tier ?low tier, emerald) by people copy pasting the builds but still doing the same dumb things in a game like you said, double capping nodes, capping mid then bomb bursting all over the map, fighting off node against an Ele who is just there to distract the 4 brainless people on my team who chase him all over the map lol.

in PvP

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

, fighting off node against an Ele who is just there to distract the 4 brainless people on my team who chase him all over the map lol.

as a side note, that is however a very good strategy to carry if the other team is also bad enough to fall for it ;P

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

It’s not entirely because people don’t like seeing warriors that they rage at them, but because most still playing warrior have tunnel vision, and insta die outside of the few seconds of endure pain. So people associate this level with any warrior they see. People also don’t like to accept or recognise their own mistakes. They’d rather blame someone else. Usually this is the thief or warrior, and not because of this meta - it has been like this for a long time.

Getting clueless team mates happens to everyone. I’ve seen elementalists provide no support at all on a point, and think they are good because elementalists are a good class, and they have the right build. It doesn’t occur to them that such a build should be played to support others. I had a match earlier where the ele stood on point watching a DH res a reaper I’d downed, twice in a row. The point was already ours, but even if he was in the process of capping it, securing the kill was more important. I couldn’t stomp - I barely even had enough health to survive the downedstate attacks while cleaving, which was mostly dodging for bound or I’d have died - and between the DH ressing, the reaper’s leech auto attack, and my inability to go full offensive, there wasn’t enough damage to prevent a res. We needed the ele to stomp. After the reaper was ressed, I managed to down him a second time, only to have the same process repeat itself, and he got revived. The point was then lost. The ele firmly believed we lost the point, not because he didn’t come and stomp, but because I didn’t use choking gas. Nevermind the poison on my auto attacks, no. We lost, because I didn’t use choking gas on the downed. He firmly believed it, and pestered me about it after the match in whisper, telling me to learn to play, after blaming the loss on me and the reaper I was partied with.

It doesn’t get better, and it won’t get better. If detailed explanations can’t help them see the real problem when it is so obvious, then such people are beyond hope. The only time you get truly balanced matches is when you get 4 other people on your level to queue with. This is what I strongly suggest doing for there to be any enjoyment come from PvP for you. I doubt I’d still be solo queuing if I didn’t have a full group to run with 2-3 evenings each week; I’d probably have quit a year ago (I did briefly, actually, but the combat system in the game I went to just didn’t compare to thief in GW2).

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

OP, this is a very good example of a not at all helpful post.
You are writing a wall of text about players being bad and not knowing tactics without providing any real advice on how or what to improve.

AFAIK there is no comprehensive PvP guide that would explain the current “meta” (currently best builds) or the best tactics (in a given map). Experienced players generally expect new players to l2p (learn to play) the hard way. More or less by figuring out the stuff by themselves and by watching others.

Bad matchmaking does the rest. You really don’t learn much when destroying or being destroyed in a match. What we need is close matches, to get feedback on our actions and learn from failure and success.

There are a few (very few) experienced PvP players that provide useful information. We need more of that and less “l2p” flame against newbies (like myself).

In the end — at least i hope — newbies and pros (and anet) share a common interest.
Have as many close matches as possible by maximizing the average skill and minimizing the deviation.

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

OP, this is a very good example of a not at all helpful post.
You are writing a wall of text about players being bad and not knowing tactics without providing any real advice on how or what to improve.

AFAIK there is no comprehensive PvP guide that would explain the current “meta” (currently best builds) or the best tactics (in a given map). Experienced players generally expect new players to l2p (learn to play) the hard way. More or less by figuring out the stuff by themselves and by watching others.

Bad matchmaking does the rest. You really don’t learn much when destroying or being destroyed in a match. What we need is close matches, to get feedback on our actions and learn from failure and success.

There are a few (very few) experienced PvP players that provide useful information. We need more of that and less “l2p” flame against newbies (like myself).

In the end — at least i hope — newbies and pros (and anet) share a common interest.
Have as many close matches as possible by maximizing the average skill and minimizing the deviation.

There are so many existing thread on the subject matter, I do not feel as though I need to reiterate every time I make a thread.
Here is an example of a well bullet pointed post with instructions and tips.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Most-Common-Mistakes-Made-by-SoloQers/first

Teaching people mid match is difficult. Most people take offense.
For example, in Team chat I am typing, “leave, I can 1v1 this.” But my teammate stays for the plus 1. We owned the node, so maybe he was trying to protect it. Then our team wipes at mid and I can’t help but think if you left me here, we would have not wiped. So when you write that, you usually get some flagrant response back.

Another example, on Foefire, we did a 1-3-1 split with a mesmer pushing far. We secured home and I rotated to mid. We were winning mid and had killed 2 guys at different times. Our mesmer dies at far finally and they cap, with that person rotating to mid. The enemy wins mid, mesmer goes far and dies again without a decap. I write in team chat, “Mesmer, we are going to need your help mid”. He comes mid and we get our two cap back, but the enemy changes strat. Long story short, we lose after blowing a lead and mesmer starts flaming my about thats why he was pushing far. I replied, but you went and died twice there without decaps, at which point he proceeded to flame me.
We stopped their lord rush but they had a two cap and like 420 points. Mind you we killed 4 of them in our base. I say guys we have 350, lets reverse all the caps, since mid was neuted. Mesmer called for a lord rush, with no doors down, no portal, and we have no caps. Again, we are in our base, where the time to travel is at least 30 secs (I was on necro), plus we need to break a door. And 4 of them coming off timer. Needless to say, I thought it was a bad idea. We lost, then he flamed about not listening to him, noobs, etc etc.

People do not listen to constructive criticism mid match because the average person is just flaming. Again, no one is wrong, this is the internet and they know everything.

Here are a few constructive criticisms you can enjoy at your leisure.

1) Double capping does not cap the point faster.

2) when you wipe the enemy at mid and push far, the enemy spawns at far. Unless you push the same numbers, you are walking right into an outnumbered fight.
Unless you get the decap, a retreat needs to be made.

3) The biggest problem of them all I have noticed recently. once you wipe an enemy and you control the two cap, just sit there and wait for the enemy to come back. Trust me, they are going to attack either mid or your home. They have to or the lose mathematically. There is no reason to move from your spots.

Simply position your team in a way such that you can support either node they may assault.

4) Second biggest issue. Matching numbers is not the same as matching classes. Our bunker rotates to a enemy controlled node to fight the enemy bunker 1v1. This does nothing for your team but take away its support. You do not do enough damage to decap, and all your dps is fighting other places dying because we do not have support. Sure it is a 4v4 but without support, we will have a faster time to kill.

5) Pulling out of a fight vs suiciding in. If a node is owned or contested, it is worth protecting. This could include dying on it. The old D/D ele used to do this all the time.
However, if the node is enemy controlled, you are hurting your team.
You can use a dps to stall an enemy bunker.

6) Every fight does not need a +1 or +2. Some classes can stall out the 1v1. If you own the node and you can stall it out, do not let your team plus 1 unless you own the two cap. That would be wasting resources.

7) Fight on the nodes. More importantly, fight on the nodes you control. Protect your resources.
Countless times I have seen 100 point leads thrown away going for the 3 cap. It is not necessary. You do not need to show your dominance by winning by 300. Win by 100 and make less mistakes.

I space out my text as to alleviate the wall syndrome.
I know if your post is 1 line, people complain you are not contributing. If your post is multiple lines, people complain it is a wall of texts.

Hopefully these points are helpful to you and you can share them with your friends. That way I am not writing another “useless post” in your eyes.

K Pop

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

K pop, I can comp to have a Warrior like you with the people I play each night. (going frenzy on burns…?)

Not sure it would be optimal, or not sure it would be for winning like a crazy machine.

But what I am sure about, is that you will be able to carry your rotations through TS.

That way, we will carry your MMR back to what you where used to get.

Dal

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

I enjoyed reading the wall of text and can relate.

We all know a puppy dies every time a teammate with bad mobility runs far, fails to decap and leave us outnumbered

I’d rather have a veteran warrior than a noob expact elite

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

We all know a puppy dies every time a teammate with bad mobility runs far, fails to decap and leave us outnumbered

Ugh, this is what I tell people when they yell at me for not going far on my Necro.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Ugh, this is what I tell people when they yell at me for not going far on my Necro.

Yeah, for me I cringe when a teammate volunteers to go far. Most of the time they’ve already made their decision. The 1-3-1 split is very risky to do in a solo pug team

You only go far if you have the mobility to get there before they capture it. It’s not necessarily 3 capping but contesting/preventing them for scoring.

I remember your healing necro.

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Yea I think that is why my necro win rate is still low. Because I cannot make the mobility plays I can with war.
Much harder to disengage.

Good news is I had a nice conversation with a dev playing a tev. We did some 1v1s and agreed on warriors state. I am no slouch either. So I have a good feeling January we will see some changes.

My vote is for deep wound mechanic, but better heals would be great

K Pop

(edited by Interpret Interrupt.3824)

in PvP

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

Well, I listen and I found the second wall of text much more helpful.
Thanks for that.

in PvP

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

, fighting off node against an Ele who is just there to distract the 4 brainless people on my team who chase him all over the map lol.

as a side note, that is however a very good strategy to carry if the other team is also bad enough to fall for it ;P

Oh I do that sometimes… but the sad part is when i keep 2-3 guys busy on the other side of the world and nothing happens on our side. Lucky I didn’t get blamed for fighting off point. But yeah, kittening off your ennemies at the start of the match can make them lose focus for the rest.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Oh I do that sometimes… but the sad part is when i keep 2-3 guys busy on the other side of the world and nothing happens on our side. Lucky I didn’t get blamed for fighting off point. But yeah, kittening off your ennemies at the start of the match can make them lose focus for the rest.

I find that people blame the big 4 (mesmer, ele, rev, engi) less for their mistakes than the other classes because it is considered meta. META can make mistakes apparently.

Mesmer pro tip. If you are using mesmer heal skill well, cast it so it benefits your team as well. They get the heal.

Ele pro tip. Just because your health bar is full does not mean that you should ignore water attunement. Use it to heal your teammates. Similarly using magnetic aura to protect your team. Ele is the least selfish class in the game that is often played the most aelfishly.

Engi pro tip. Stop using stralth gyro on your capped node. Save it for teammate downs for perfect rezzing. You are decapping yourself.

Rev pro tip. You have the best kill pursuit in the game. Our necro should not be chasing that guy, you should teleport to him.

Warriror pro tip. Sometimes its better to HB on a downed teammate instead of rezzing. It has certainly won me some 2v2s.

Necro pro tip. Save that fear matk for the cheesy rev blocks. Instant ride turner.

Thief pro tip. Time the elite so that the first two strikes hit before the downing. Then it is an instant finisher.

Guard pro tip. Drop longbow 5 when people cluster for downs. You will thank me later.

Ranger pro tip. Unfortunately I cannot think of something constructive. I feel like celestial form use in team fights should happen more. But that could be a class issue and not a player issue.

K Pop

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Yeah, for me I cringe when a teammate volunteers to go far. Most of the time they’ve already made their decision. The 1-3-1 split is very risky to do in a solo pug team

You only go far if you have the mobility to get there before they capture it. It’s not necessarily 3 capping but contesting/preventing them for scoring.

I remember your healing necro.

I’m being recognized! It’s really not a bad build if people are communicating, up to 9k healing to 5 teammates, 7-11k heals from Consume Conditions, up to 10k heals from Signet of Locust, and decent Condi pressure. It just happens to be that SoloQ’ers don’t communicate well enough to make it beneficial.

Alright meow, where were we?