My suggestion for the leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: dylanirwin.6249

dylanirwin.6249

How I view the new leaderboards:
1. Its a grind it rewards those who play more than others.
2. as a result of ^ it takes those who are good and have high mmr but don’t play much off the leaderboards.
3. Anyone who sits down for a week or so and plays non stop ranked could get to the top even if they aren’t good.

How I viewed the old leaderboards:
1. It rarely changed
2. It rewarded good play which I liked a lot
3. It was used by most good/popular guilds as a way to recruit good pvprs (those who were in the top 500)
4. It was a “reward” to be on it, it made you feel like you were getting somewhere not grinding though.
5. It put you at a rank as you beat a team with the range of their leaderboard rank, so lets say I beat a team with people from the range of 500-505 on the leaderboards I would be put at 506 or something like that.

So now lets get to my suggestions of what i’d like it to be:
1. Reward those of good play
2. Reward activeness so lets say u get to r300 or so on the leaderboards if you play each day it’ll stay around there as long as your gameplay is good, not for how much you play.
3. Progressing on the leaderboards, just like the old one if you beat a team of that rank range you progress there.
4. Cut down on rank decay, if someone gets to r100 on this new leaderboards if hes gone for like 3 days he loses his rank completely and goes to like 90%, so please cut down on it.
5. team rank! So lets say you have a team Ex: Team US, you can enter your team to the leaderboard and have a team rank but when you play solo or duo you have a separate leaderboard rank, this suggestion will bring back teams and or create new ones.
6. you already talked about this new “guild rank” thing but i’d like to add on to it, 1. don’t reward bigger guilds please, I know that may seem bold but just don’t, some guilds that are small are 3 times better than some bigger guilds; so this ties back into rank based on gameplay and how good you do. 2. Your guild ha to enter on the leaderboards to be able to progress in rank and have each separate member for that guild sign up for it. 3. if you have like 10 people in a guild wanting to do this make it a separate rank, so lets say guild: USA has 10 people and they run 2 teams each night each team has a separate rank as USA team 1. and USA team 2. on the leaderboards.
7. if you are in a 4v5 the leaderboards will not change and chose to discard that match.
8. I like the rewards like the mini llama in all but that is only encouraging those who aren’t pvp enthusiasts to go into ranked and be put with higher mmrs witch is an impractical match and illogical. it makes it a 4v5 to sum that up.
9. If you are constantly winning or at the top of the leaderboards for a week or so your rank should start to decay so others will have a chance at getting there.
10. keep players mmr from the last leaderboard the same for the new one I hate it when I go solo when a new leaderboard comes out and all I get put with are a bunch of people who look like they jut started the game.

These are just some suggestions I’d like to hear others opinions on how it should change etc. I’d like feedback

Don’t be a hater

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

All of this is spot on

Additionally I’d add my suggestion that leaderboards for conquest should not be called “leaderboards” to begin with but rather “statboards” and they should be far more detailed for the individual players statistics. Ever play Smash Bros? The stat records on this game are a good example of detailed player stats. I could go in to a large beta discussion about details for this record system but for now I’ll point out two things that are sure:

• It would promote players to be more acceptant of losses, regardless of the situation so long as they know they played well in that match.
  • It would make it much easier to distinguish between who is a good player and who is a great player “regardless of win/lose ratio”
I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Wile.5024

Wile.5024

Overall good suggestions, I’d like to comment on few:

(3) The old lb didn’t place you somewhere around the rating of the team you defeated, it just gave you more +rating the higher rated team you beat compared to yours (with the exception of the few first games you played). I think this is better than your 3. suggestion since it lowers the effect of a lucky win.

(4) Remove temporary decay as a stupid mechanic. Permanent decay should exist but it should be zero for like two weeks of inactivity, after that slowly ramp up exponentially. No one should be punished for taking a few days off… some ppl actually have lives outside of gw too.

(5) This is a good suggestion, and I’ve seen other games do this… you could easily make a leaderboard for players queuing solo, duo or 5-man while keeping them in the same matchmaking.

(9) This suggestion is stupid. MMR is self balancing, if you win lots of games => high MMR but when you eventually do lose, you will lose a lot of it because of the MMR difference between teams. No need to punish good players.

Some suggestions I’d like to add:

(11) Old lb was too volatile, few unlucky games and you’d be 100→800 => put for example a 0.2x multiplier before all the MMR changes.

(12) Get rid of placement matches for the MMR, instead make all players start from a low MMR number and work their way up. Ppl completely new to pvp would often end up in high tier games and RUIN them for the teams they got into causing rage.

(13) Don’t put players with less than ~50 games on the leaderboard at all. Some ppl got to the top with lucky placement matches… 50 games gives you a more accurate leaderboard (even if with a working decay they’d be thrown out there eventually).