nexidecimus.5973

[RIP] the abjured.
literally. lol

Noella Frostfire – Team P Z

NA July Monthly Tournament Investigation

in PvP

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Lol, who cheats for $400 in a game they have some notoriety in?

Oh yeah, Losers

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in PvP

Posted by: MasterD.4790

MasterD.4790

Where’s the proof? I mean beef…..I mean…oh snap…..

Gamadorn the epitome of a hotjoin hero

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Too bad the little basement cheats still get to play the game. A perma ban on their accounts to remove everything they have earned would be a better choice then just slapping them on the wrist with dishnor.

How long have most of them cheated? Probably around 2 or 3 seasons since the duo que came out.

Anet should have just said bye bye to them all. No one in the player scene cares about the 10 losers so just perma ban them.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in PvP

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Good riddance abj.
Very unlikely but I hope there’s a new season after the expac or some sort of cash tourney officiated by Anet.That would be justice.

pretty sure anet will have more seasons .but their will be no more cash tourney’s here
at all ever again . NA did and does not want it in the game at all in any way shape or form !!

bad enough logging in and being forced to see all them stupid across the screen crap saying hey we are having a paid pvp tourney crap going on please come watch the show on YouTube or twitch .

this why when this was done and forced on to the people to see this crap being run across our screens . we stopped logging in until they was gone and not coming back

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/NA-July-Monthly-Tournament-Investigation/6659330

THANK YOU !!!

no new system upgrades coming

in PvP

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

gotta invest in that vpn…

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in PvP

Posted by: RUNICBLACK.7630

RUNICBLACK.7630

With all due respect to those individuals that are complaining about how punishing people with a perm dishonor is killing the PvP play I have to ask you wasn’t their constant cheating killing PvP more so. Here are people willing to throw out any idea of fair play
fully knowing that they were doing so, it’s a form of fraud pure and simple and if you were a direct the victim of fraud you would something done about it but because they just wasted ANET’s time, money, and resources your defending a thief’s actions … sorry I don’t have any compassion for those individuals that were penalized. Hopefully they will learn from their mistake but I doubt it.

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

It really is their fault for talking so much about it =/

These types of trades should be silent.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

in PvP

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Hmm as I mentioned before the perma-ban seems a little excessive and sudden. Why not go for 6 months to a years time. Even more high profile competitive games do this. Furthermore, if Anet wants to fix the scene they need to actually start dealing with some of the complaints that have been around since forever.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Hmm as I mentioned before the perma-ban seems a little excessive and sudden. Why not go for 6 months to a years time. Even more high profile competitive games do this. Furthermore, if Anet wants to fix the scene they need to actually start dealing with some of the complaints that have been around since forever.

I read an article where an espurts player on Overwatch got banned simply because he was using vulgar language on stream. It wasn’t even sPvP manipulation or any other type of Tournament manipulation.

I applaud Anet for having the aptitude to say, “we’re not taking your kitten anymore.”, to an event that was heavily disrespected by these players. Same to Jebro who immediately replied to the investigation and banned these players from entering future prize winning tournaments.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Why are they allowed to get away with Real Money Trading (Spending real-world money on an in-game good or service – in this case, PvP monthly rewards. This is just as bad, if not worse, than Gold Selling/Buying and Powerleveling) Account sharing, and Match Manipulation with their accounts still in a playable state?

Everyone involved should be banned from the game, permanently, just as if they were a Gold-Selling spammer or gold/Legendary Weapon purchaser.

I know some argue that “They’d just make a new account!” So what? They can still ‘just make a new account’ for PvP. Half of them were achievement hunters – this level of Breach of ToS should rob them of their accounts, and all those AP.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Why are they allowed to get away with Real Money Trading (Spending real-world money on an in-game good or service – in this case, PvP monthly rewards. This is just as bad, if not worse, than Gold Selling/Buying and Powerleveling) Account sharing, and Match Manipulation with their accounts still in a playable state?

Everyone involved should be banned from the game, permanently, just as if they were a Gold-Selling spammer or gold/Legendary Weapon purchaser.

I know some argue that “They’d just make a new account!” So what? They can still ‘just make a new account’ for PvP. Half of them were achievement hunters – this level of Breach of ToS should rob them of their accounts, and all those AP.

“We didn’t want players to physically harm themselves if the penalty extended to other realms of the game.” -Anet

That’s what I like to think if Anet would have replied :o

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

HIlarious, I’ve been telling you gentlemen this for years. unfortunity they had an army of twitch kiddies defending them,so you all just assumed i was full of salt. where my apology

You know abjured, if you get a job you can make your measly 400 dollars in a day or two of work you know…. (depending on what you do)

though i doubt bottom feeders get paid very much…

(edited by Highlie.7641)

in PvP

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

I read an article where an espurts player on Overwatch got banned simply because he was using vulgar language on stream. It wasn’t even sPvP manipulation or any other type of Tournament manipulation.

I applaud Anet for having the aptitude to say, “we’re not taking your kitten anymore.”, to an event that was heavily disrespected by these players. Same to Jebro who immediately replied to the investigation and banned these players from entering future prize winning tournaments.

You mentioned Overwatch, even Blizzard’s policy is to go for 6 month bans. Unlike Blizzard, ANet can’t afford to lose pvp players.

in PvP

Posted by: Thunderbird.4298

Thunderbird.4298

Good riddance abj.
Very unlikely but I hope there’s a new season after the expac or some sort of cash tourney officiated by Anet.That would be justice.

The chances for any more cash to be put out is very very very very slim.. probably something like a ToL or ToG.. which is still a waste of time IMO.

in PvP

Posted by: huehuehueh.5106

huehuehueh.5106

Guess I wont have to play tournaments and get macro o’ faith’ed any more.

QCP Leader

in PvP

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

You mentioned Overwatch, even Blizzard’s policy is to go for 6 month bans. Unlike Blizzard, ANet can’t afford to lose pvp players.

Anet refusing to get rid of the unethical and unsportsmanlike PvP players is why the game’s PvP scene is so small.

in PvP

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

They can’t afford to condone this sort of behavior either.

in PvP

Posted by: chask.6028

chask.6028

Who wants to start a riot?

in PvP

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

Anet refusing to get rid of the unethical and unsportsmanlike PvP players is why the game’s PvP scene is so small.

You aren’t very familiar with the pvp-history aren’t you?
Problems started when the game was promised to be esports ready on launch. Within months the players interested left because of no future. Lack of pvp-balance team, new modes, maps, tournaments etc just continued that trend. With hot there was a chance of revival. The game had years of time to be ready for the expansion. What we got is the mess in the first seasons, borings comps, broken stuff, bad and slow balance changes, flaws everywhere in matchmaking, guild leaderboard was a joke. Traitrevamp before expansion was supposed to make balance and stuff easier. Well, you see what happened.

Now we have the remaining “pro” players not giving a kitten and why should they. The game wont revive itself with the next expansion. That ship has sailed with hot.
If I look into leaked elite speccs I’m not excited, I worry about how kittened up everything will be again.
I upgraded my laptop into a pc a month ago. First I thought “hey, great to explore the game again with a completely new view on everything”. Not really, game is still the same, lagging as kitten. I’m far more interested in exploring other game I have with better graphic and performance.
Good example is gta 5 online. Every day you get kittened up by modders or kittened players. Still my guildis and I have much more fun there currently than in gw2.

Doing that kitten here got the players what they deserved, I agree. At the same time I can’t stop laughing about people saying “oh yeah, they will regret doing that when they see our fancy stuff, new tournament with cash rewards and how much fun we have”.
If andjust IF we will get another big tournament I will not watch the NA-one like I did in the past. It will be boring as hell lacking the good players. I’m not even motivated to watch EU. While helseth and sindrener are providing awesome videos from their POV, granting access to their kind of communication when playing, explaining stuff and making the game a bit more enjoyable, its not enough for me to justify waisting time for the game.

And for gods sake, people really complained that they got beaten by better players in a tournament (I’m against the accountsharing, prize bought stuff, but it seems like for some people THAT was a problem)? Pvp is about competitive enviroment, not rewards, but well, apparently thats the way the game goes.

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

On one hand is good we have some kind of anet reaction…

On the other….we can’t say many good things about NA scene…but general gw 2 PVP scene feels more empty then ever…

This doesn’t look good for an old game…

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Can someone please explain to me why this is ok?

Ok so the way im seeing it, multiple players in the ESL scene have multiple accounts. We know the players The Abjured beat players who kind of reported this yet many of those players had 2-3-4 accounts on the top 250 leader board.

Why is it ok for them to accept rewards for multiple accounts yet The Abjured for playing on others peoples accounts?

Anet allows gold for raids/gifts ( people paying Anet real money for gifts so a guild can run people threw raids for the AP, then giving them those gifts) and now all of a sudden this is immoral ?

The PvP wanted serious rewards and claim for being good at PvP in this game. Guess what none of that happened. Bronze and silver players grinded to Legendary season 1-4.

Still no leader board, match making makes little to no sense and the meta is horrible.

Yet we want to punish players for not playing on there main accounts? And the players they beat in the tournaments will continue playing alt accounts and getting rewards from being top 250 in the Leader Board and playing in AT on alt accounts?

Seriously am i missing something?

(edited by kdaddy.5431)

in PvP

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Naru and alts
Nos and alts
Wakkey and alts
Toker and alts
Zeromis and alts

Asuna Proxy
Forever I Promise
Love Them Boons
Jolly Karen
Makus

Well, honestly they should be banned outright, as well as the players’ accounts they played on (if the “and alts”, doesn’t include them, that is).

I am confused as to the purpose of naming and shaming these players though. Giving them infamy by placing them up for all to see here is only feeding their narcissism. I hope you guys reconsider and ban these players outright, and let them slip namelessly away.

in PvP

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Ok so the way im seeing it, multiple players in the ESL scene have multiple accounts. We know the players The Abjured beat players who kind of reported this yet many of those players had 2-3-4 accounts on the top 250 leader board.

Why is it ok for them to accept rewards for multiple accounts yet The Abjured for playing on others peoples accounts?

Anet allows gold for raids/gifts ( people paying Anet real money for gifts so a guild can run people threw raids for the AP, then giving them those gifts) and now all of a sudden this is immoral ?

The PvP wanted serious rewards and claim for being good at PvP in this game. Guess what none of that happened. Bronze and silver players grinded to Legendary season 1-4.

Still no leader board, match making makes little to no sense and the meta is horrible.

Yet we want to punish players for not playing on there main accounts? And the players they beat in the tournaments will continue playing alt accounts and getting rewards from being top 250 in the Leader Board and playing in AT on alt accounts?

I could be wrong, but from how I interpreted it, the problem was the account sharing moreso than selling the wins. I think they were playing on accounts that didn’t belong to them, not on their own alt accounts, and so that’s why they got the permaban. (Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong though. :P)

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

I could be wrong, but from how I interpreted it, the problem was the account sharing moreso than selling the wins. I think they were playing on accounts that didn’t belong to them, not on their own alt accounts, and so that’s why they got the permaban. (Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong though. :P)

ok but why is ok to have 2-3-4 alt accounts but not be able to share a account?

I see it from Anet side, they make money if people buy 4-5 accounts.

But from the community side, why is there this disdain when the ESL community have been doing this for years?

On multiple threads people are talking about the PvP scene and the integrity of the game. Yet for the past 3 seasons you have 1 person claiming 5 top 250 prizes.

Heck if i played 100 games and because i work full time and my wife decided to play the other 50-60 games needed for me to make top 250 is that account sharing.

Or how about im on a PvP team and i have to leave for work because these tournament times are different and my wife steps in for me and my team. Is this gonna get me perma banned? And my wifes accounts?

Seems unjust to me with everything thats happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Yes it will get you banned, in many games it violates the TOS. Obligatory “if you don’t like it, make your own game” comment here.

It isn’t about what you think is right though, if they say in the TOS you can’t account share, doing so with a family member won’t change that fact. 1 person 1 account because that’s the business model and it’s in their best interest that more people purchase the game.

The fact is you can have your family play for you all you want, as long as you’re not doing so in a high-profile sort of manner, or have people vouching against you e.g. subbing in like Car Crash & Frostball, which will be made an example of.

Basically, you can do anything, just don’t get caught. Justice has nothing to do with it, unless it affects ANet’s reputation.

You are allowed to have multiple accounts, or even multi-box in some games because you are not really going against the profit of the game firm, although some games do crack down on that too (e.g. Internet cafes). It all depends on the company, because they reserve the right to do anything with your account.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

in PvP

Posted by: VALARMORGHULIS.9173

VALARMORGHULIS.9173

NA Most toxic group of elitists banned. I’m thrilled. Lets work on the next group aka everyone not in the Taylor gang posting their stupid input here.

in PvP

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

While I get why they were banned… And I understand the ToS, I can also understand why they thought this would be okay to do—given anet’s long history of being fine with people selling raid clears and achievements.

The competitive nature of sPvP certainly sets it apart, but Legendary Armor and PvE Achievement Titles are devalued every day by people selling them in LFG… I don’t really see how buying your little crown is technically any different from an ethical standpoint.

in PvP

Posted by: Riesty.9075

Riesty.9075

i dont play pvp, so let me get this straight: All these accounts were involved in rmt, account sharing and throwing matches and they werent even banned from the game?

Just dishonor?

Correct

+ there are people out there try to get a little crown by spending 400$
only for the special snow flake feeling
sure whales
how about that anet 100 000 gem cash shop skins fluff ?
sounds awesome o.O
storm bow , menzie greatsword and so on where to low
no for real
we need more nice mid range priced items from mystic forge
instead of putting them into tp
i hope the new xpac shows up with at least 15 new there and not only 2 like hot
but at least one of them is rly nice and loved
i see the azimuth staff pretty often and occasionally the oni blade

in PvP

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Just to clarify my statement as a lot of people seem to replying to it->I understand the reasons for the ban: RMT, account sharing, abuse of game systems, etc. What I’m looking for though is clarification as to why it was necessarily a perma-ban, as opposed to the usual lengthy temp ban of a one to a few years.

If I recall, some of them had already been granted temporary dishonor in the past.

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

ok but why is ok to have 2-3-4 alt accounts but not be able to share a account?

I see it from Anet side, they make money if people buy 4-5 accounts.

But from the community side, why is there this disdain when the ESL community have been doing this for years?

On multiple threads people are talking about the PvP scene and the integrity of the game. Yet for the past 3 seasons you have 1 person claiming 5 top 250 prizes.

Heck if i played 100 games and because i work full time and my wife decided to play the other 50-60 games needed for me to make top 250 is that account sharing.

Or how about im on a PvP team and i have to leave for work because these tournament times are different and my wife steps in for me and my team. Is this gonna get me perma banned? And my wifes accounts?

Seems unjust to me with everything thats happened.

Because winning on a diff acount of yours doesnt matter because its still u and in the na scene ppl know you and your acounts. On the other hand ppl who havent touched pvp and then paying 5hem to play from their acounts just messes up the fun for the rest. Because yiu do not expect them to play like pros. And also they devalued the first monthly i dont think you can really devalue monthlies by having multiple acounts.

in PvP

zealex.9410

While I get why they were banned… And I understand the ToS, I can also understand why they thought this would be okay to do—given anet’s long history of being fine with people selling raid clears and achievements.

The competitive nature of sPvP certainly sets it apart, but Legendary Armor and PvE Achievement Titles are devalued every day by people selling them in LFG… I don’t really see how buying your little crown is technically any different from an ethical standpoint.

You didnt really acount share for raid sells and achievements nor did it hapoen with rl money on the line. Also if someone in pve sells raids it doesnt devalue your experience of the raid while when ppl in a competitive environment in a pvp tourney are decieved and lose the match that ruins their experience.

in PvP

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

You didnt really acount share for raid sells and achievements nor did it hapoen with rl money on the line. Also if someone in pve sells raids it doesnt devalue your experience of the raid while when ppl in a competitive environment in a pvp tourney are decieved and lose the match that ruins their experience.

If those people weren’t selling you still would have had to have beaten them on their main accounts to win… It’s not like the top PvP players are just going to sit out the monthly tournament. The only disadvantage you’re at is that you don’t know it’s them, so all the hours you spent studying their twitch didn’t help.

You still played against the top players, so how is your experience devalued? Let’s be honest, the saltiness is because people are buying titles and icon flares that you want or maybe even earned, thus making them seem not as cool—same as legendary armor or Demon’s Demise being purchased.

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Meh. Peasants. Log in main account> then VM>VPN> TOR>IP Clone>Second Account. Throw in some kali>USB to chat (OTR!) for good measure just in case.

Heh! I’m just kiddingggg!

in PvP

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

The difference here is this is done in game, selling in game currency for in game services. They were punished for RMT and account sharing.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in PvP

zealex.9410

If those people weren’t selling you still would have had to have beaten them on their main accounts to win… It’s not like the top PvP players are just going to sit out the monthly tournament. The only disadvantage you’re at is that you don’t know it’s them, so all the hours you spent studying their twitch didn’t help.

You still played against the top players, so how is your experience devalued? Let’s be honest, the saltiness is because people are buying titles and icon flares that you want or maybe even earned, thus making them seem not as cool—same as legendary armor or Demon’s Demise being purchased.

But the ppl who won the tournay do not deserve ot im fine with getting stomped by a pro team that has put the effort to it. But how is it fone to pay someone to play for you and after wards you being rewarded? They cheat the system by paying real money and ppl who actually tried hard to win.

In pve that doesnt exist because competition isnt a thing. The concept of " the best may win isnt a thing" only in pvp and wvw that would apply. But since ppl are scamming their way to top no longer the best is winning or getting rewarded.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

But the ppl who won the tournay do not deserve ot im fine with getting stomped by a pro team that has put the effort to it. But how is it fone to pay someone to play for you and after wards you being rewarded? They cheat the system by paying real money and ppl who actually tried hard to win.

In pve that doesnt exist because competition isnt a thing. The concept of " the best may win isnt a thing" only in pvp and wvw that would apply. But since ppl are scamming their way to top no longer the best is winning or getting rewarded.

How many people have bought gold to buy legendary weapons, skins, etc?

Pretty much the same thing tbh and I highly doubt Anet is going to ban thousands of players over buying gold and trivalizing their highest PvE rewards

in PvP

zealex.9410

How many people have bought gold to buy legendary weapons, skins, etc?

Pretty much the same thing tbh and I highly doubt Anet is going to ban thousands of players over buying gold and trivalizing their highest PvE rewards

Its not the same thing because you dont compete with other for that legendary armor boss clears. Sure the other parson might get there with less trouble but they will both get there.

In a pvp tourney only one gets there. How is ot fair for someoen who tries hard to win to only get stomped by someone who payed his way there?

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Boom preach brutha

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

When you ban half of your pvp scene and wonder why it’s dying out
rip

I know quite a few players at top of ladder just playing on other ppl’s accounts for money these days.

This is literally all they do these days. These retired PvP pros pretty much lost interest in the game and are just playing for money. So I think it is totally fine to ban them. They will move on anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: StabbyCakes.8736

StabbyCakes.8736

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain

Bad boys bad boys, whatchu gonna do when they come for you.

Stay classy.

in PvP

Posted by: Rationallity.2076

Rationallity.2076

Bye bye scumlords.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Hahahahahhahahahahahahha…

Rekt.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Though I can’t really speak for everyone here, the saltiness is these pve heroes didn’t deserve a PvP title, Abjured are repeating offenders and they disrespected Anet’s first Monthly Tournament.

I’m kittened off because we lost competitive players; players who had a big legacy in GW2’s competitive scene, players who weren’t smart enough to hide their credentials properly because they simply didn’t care until after they got caught.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The OW player was banned for deliberately throwing ranked matches on stream and encouraging others to do the same thing. He got a temp ban of 6 months or so.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Carbine.4706

Carbine.4706

Strange how other people who are caught account sharing, real money trading, or match manipulation, get their accounts closed permanently. Yet this group gets to keep their accounts simply because they competed in tournys before.

And since there isn’t a whole lot to stop them from opening new alt accounts thanks to F2P, and an abundance of inexpensive xpac keys floating around, they aren’t really losing much.

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

GG Anet you finally did the right thing.

Zero tolerance policy is the right way to go. It sends the right message to anyone who even thinks of doing something they know they shouldn’t regardless of how well known they are or what they’ve won. Keep it up.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

its not the same:
the apropiate example is if you cant find a so top pvp team that can win all 4v5 and carry you to the crown, raid sellers are those, experienced players that can do 10 man content in fewer numbers (9-8-or less)and carry total noobs to get their reward.
and that is not the case , that is total noobs share their acounts to the pros to achieve her reward

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

When you ban half of your pvp scene and wonder why it’s dying out
rip

Dealing with abusers and cheaters is good for the game, even if it’s toward “top players”

Eventually they’ll start to deal with bots, and that’ll definitely help the PvP scene. There’s still quite a bit more to do, but this is a step in the right direction. A zero tolerance policy.

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Not enough!
they should get their accounts completely banned.
This punishment is a Joke for what they did.

.Real money transactions
.Account Share
.Cheat

and only pvp ban, what a joke.