Necro downstate damage

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

When is this going to get adjusted? I shouldn’t go from half health to downstate in the middle of a stomp when wearing something other than zerker.

The damage is too strong.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Its being nerfed when the new specialization changes hit live, we’ve known that since they showed off the preview.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

Its being nerfed when the new specialization changes hit live, we’ve known that since they showed off the preview.

that’s what, half a year away? year? maybe more. They should srsly start fixing bs with higher frequency then once every half year.

Yday I had 1v1 downed state as ele vs necro. Necro got down first, before I went down he ate ligtnining strike, sigil flame strike, few auto attacks and arcane shield explosion… I still lost that 1v1

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: abclemons.7093

abclemons.7093

Obsidian Flesh → Armor of Earth → Stomp.

The more you know.

Koffix (ele) | Koffix Sprockets (engi ) | Koffix Shadows (teef) | Koffix Clones (mes) |
Koffix [xxx] (all the rest)
[Phnx] Phoenix Rises from the Ashes | Crystal Desert

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

style.6173

Obsidian Flesh -> Armor of Earth -> Stomp.

The more you know.

You assume that after a fight, the ele has their cooldowns ready.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Obsidian Flesh -> Armor of Earth -> Stomp.

The more you know.

Obsidian Flesh is only available on Focus.

The more you know.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

abclemons.7093

I get it. Scrubs don’t use focus.

Mist Form → Stomp.

Koffix (ele) | Koffix Sprockets (engi ) | Koffix Shadows (teef) | Koffix Clones (mes) |

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Mist Form -> Stomp.

Interesting, you make it sound easy and all cd on the fly available

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Not a single necro in the top team comps…. there is a reason for that easy to counter class.

L2P

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

abclemons.7093

I play necro (alt/almost-Main), Xom, and I’m not close to top tier. I agree. I started playing necro because I had some trouble with them as an Engi. Turns out all you need is some CC and an invuln stomp. Run a necro (meta first) and l2p.

The down state of a necro is arguably more powerful than its regular state. However, its no more powerful than some other professions’ down state. (I get hit 1.5k per AA with warrior throw rock.)

Terrorsquad, I do make it sound easy. Be calm and properly manage your cds.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

style.6173

I play necro (alt/almost-Main), Xom, and I’m not close to top tier. I agree. I started playing necro because I had some trouble with them as an Engi. Turns out all you need is some CC and an invuln stomp. Run a necro (meta first) and l2p.

The down state of a necro is arguably more powerful than its regular state. However, its no more powerful than some other professions’ down state. (I get hit 1.5k per AA with warrior throw rock.)

You don’t get it. You assume that after a fight, your opponent has cooldowns. It is not a L2P when someone can kill you that fast in downstate.

Don’t even try to act like necro doesn’t do the most damage.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Only when downed great isn’kitten

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

abclemons.7093

You don’t get it. You assume that after a fight, your opponent has cooldowns. It is not a L2P when someone can kill you that fast in downstate.

That honor goes to cele ele and or memser for burst (tho my engi has some kitten burst also) and probably warrior or guardian in a sustained fight.

BTW, if you one-pump-chump it, that’s your fault. Strategy should be a play tactic. Sry that it’s not a fun game mode for you tho.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

abclemons.7093

When I seriously consider theorycraft builds built around the downed state, there’s something seriously wrong. Yet that’s the case for my necro.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

You have to trait for that. It is strong but I don’t think it’s OP. If you are going to complain about that then you should complain about all down state. Some down states abilities are great some really suck. Ele third skill is pretty much terrible compared to other skill 3 down state. Warrior 3 skill can turn a battle.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Sagat.3285

When I seriously consider theorycraft builds built around the downed state, there’s something seriously wrong. Yet that’s the case for my necro.

I can barely theorycraft anymore almost after every match on necro I want to change something but find nothing worth it and even if I do same results hell our current downstate got us more fame then the old dhuumfire days,ignorant players even scream at me OP damage when I have not traited for it,condition necro will soon be like powermancer anyway.

It seems the little good air brought by reaper and hints of looks at core necro is about to be gone back to doomland. How long it will last will depends on how it takes them to bring those traits(and hopefully more) changes

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

that’s what, half a year away? year? maybe more. They should srsly start fixing bs with higher frequency then once every half year.

Yday I had 1v1 downed state as ele vs necro. Necro got down first, before I went down he ate ligtnining strike, sigil flame strike, few auto attacks and arcane shield explosion… I still lost that 1v1

Some classes have more advantages in down-state, that’s class design. I think downstate specialty fits Necro quite well. People shouldn’t think they win the fight when put people to down state. In a team fight, down state means nothing because there’re plenty of ways for people to rev the teammates, and it’s totally intended.

Also class balance shouldn’t be considered v.s. each downstate. For example, if both you and warrior go down, you’d lost the fight because he’ll eventually stand up for awhile. When you down together with a ranger, ranger will eventually win because of pet rev. However, for thieves, mesmers, and ele, even though you can’t save yourself and win the down-state fight, your skills allow you to stall time until your teammates are able to help you. That’s entirely how balance works. And for engi… Yeah their down skills kinda suck, but at least they’re strong when they’re not down lol…

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Mist Form -> Stomp.

What will actually happen here:

Mistform—>Stand there like an idiot for 4s b/c you can’t start a res or stomp once you go into mistform. Note, this is not how elixir S works, which actually allows you to interact with environmental objects while under the transform effect. Yes, this does make me salty, and the devs probably aren’t even aware of it b/c they don’t really get to know their classes that intimately.

What you actually need to do is:

Start stomp—>Mistform—>let stomp finish

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

It’s almost like you need to consider if you should stomp at that moment.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Some classes have more advantages in down-state, that’s class design. I think downstate specialty fits Necro quite well. People shouldn’t think they win the fight when put people to down state. In a team fight, down state means nothing because there’re plenty of ways for people to rev the teammates, and it’s totally intended.

Also class balance shouldn’t be considered v.s. each downstate. For example, if both you and warrior go down, you’d lost the fight because he’ll eventually stand up for awhile. When you down together with a ranger, ranger will eventually win because of pet rev. However, for thieves, mesmers, and ele, even though you can’t save yourself and win the down-state fight, your skills allow you to stall time until your teammates are able to help you. That’s entirely how balance works. And for engi… Yeah their down skills kinda suck, but at least they’re strong when they’re not down lol…

Please stop talking.

Everyone knows that downstate skills are not balanced at all and they should be. Rangers interrupting you several times and before you can actually atempt to stomp, they will be getting ressed. Necro who can one shot thief, zerker ele etc. from a downstate. ‘’Totally Intended’’ Yeah, right.

’’That’s how balance works.’’ Well, glad you are not on the balance team.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Roe.3679

Please stop talking.

Everyone knows that downstate skills are not balanced at all and they should be. Rangers interrupting you several times and before you can actually atempt to stomp, they will be getting ressed. Necro who can one shot thief, zerker ele etc. from a downstate. ‘’Totally Intended’’ Yeah, right.

QQ about necros and Rangers. Classic.

It’s like you’re upset about the down states of the professions who spend the most time there.

(edited by Roe.3679)

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Please stop talking.

Wondering people do not like specs that take little skill and revolve around pressing one button. Classic.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Roe.3679

Please stop talking.

Wondering people do not like specs that take little skill and revolve around pressing one button. Classic.

If they take such little skill, then use some of your own and deal with the down state. It isn’t difficult. You’re a superior ele player, right? Much better than those necro and ranger players. You can do it. I believe in you.

Again, this goes back around to where other threads like this have gone if you don’t like the downed state, spinal shivers, or whatever, then you should advocate for builds that don’t require them or replace them effectively instead of whining about downed states of classes that aren’t viable.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Please stop talking.

If they take such little skill, then use some of your own and deal with the down state. It isn’t difficult. You’re a superior ele player, right? Much better than those necro and ranger players. You can do it. I believe in you.

Again, this goes back around to where other threads like this have gone if you don’t like the downed state, spinal shivers, or whatever, then you should advocate for builds that don’t require them or replace them effectively instead of whining about downed states of classes that aren’t viable.

Lol. You do understand that they’re nerfing, right? So can you explain to me how that’s intented when they decided to change it?

Also, I wasn’t crying about anything. I was stating a pure fact that downstate skills are not balanced and that it’s definitely not intended, but I guess someone like you cannot understand that.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Thoth Divine.8642

Thoth Divine.8642

Necromancer as a whole is an extremely punishing class. You can absolutely wreck anybody if they are not careful, but at the same time, start cc’ing them and they will drop like a fly. That’s exactly why they are not seen at all on top tier teams / tourneys (except for Nos), because good players know how to counter them. The same can be said about Rangers.

I would gladly give up some of this downstate damage for increased utility and/or ways to avoid damage adequately. The reason most power necros take this downstate trait is very simple: we spend more time than any other class in downstate mode, so it seems like the best way to somehow take advantage of it.

Blessed Curse – Symbolic DH
Thoth Divine – Power Necro
I Hope You Die – Burst Berserker

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Roe.3679

Please stop talking.

Lol. You do understand that they’re nerfing, right? So can you explain to me how that’s intented when they decided to change it?

Also, I wasn’t crying about anything. I was stating a pure fact that downstate skills are not balanced and that it’s definitely not intended, but I guess someone like you cannot understand that.

Nerfed? The percent increase was toned down, and then merged into a minor trait. Every power specced necro will now have that increase as opposed to only a few now. Hard to see that as a nerf. Hard to see your point with that in mind.

Edit – forgot the might and vulnerability that will come into play. Damage could be similar even after the change. At baseline for power necros.

(edited by Roe.3679)

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

Please stop talking.

Or you can just use a stealth to cancel targeting from necro since their down 1 and 2 must have a target to cast?

For rangers, one blind from Guardian’s F1 is enough to cancel the interrupt from down 2 and wolf’s fear, because both of those skills hit extremely slow. Or you can pop block from focus, or you can use the famous shadow teleport stomp, or you can pomp invulnerable, or you can pop stability, or you can just cleave the body to death, or you can use ledges to block LoS.

I’m going to repeat that perfect word for newbie like you: L2P

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

Please stop talking.

Another scrub theories of pressing more bottoms = hard to play classes lol…
Rangers, Necromencers are both 10 times harder to play competitively than Warriors, Engineers, and Celestial Ele.

Yeah I press alot of bottoms as Engi, but it’s so easy to own someone with Engi without any effort or practice.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Zelkovan.2630

Zelkovan.2630

I’m sorry but if you have THAT much of an issue with killing a down state necro then its a l2p issue. Out of all the classes I deal with when stomping, necro is by far the easiest because all I need is invisibility, blind, or one stack of stability and he’s an easy stomp.

The class already has issues surviving in fights and half of their skills are lackluster or not nearly as good as other classes. The fact that they were always supposed to deal this much damage in the downstate but it was only realized after they fixed all the traits after 2 1/2 years shows how love-lacking they’ve been since launch.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

abclemons.7093

Zelk, <3. After qq’ing necros as an engi, I finally rolled one. I can’t believe how easy it is to kill them with a little cc. Srsly, just the tip. I get smashed in downed as a necro consistently… maybe it’s just my “average” skill level or some bulltwatyl, but I suspect that necro isn’t as demigod as these blokes pass it up to be.

Srsly, I give them advice and still QQ.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

So what we have here is a zerker complaining that he has too little toughness to spike another zerker that has too much damage.

… yeah…

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

Stealth doesn’t stop a necro from targeting you. Not complaining just correcting the people that don’t know what they’re talking about.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

Stealth doesn’t stop a necro from targeting you. Not complaining just correcting the people that don’t know what they’re talking about.

Stealth stops a necro from targeting you.

Stealth doesn’t break channeled skills though.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Toxsa.2701

Do you ever play Necro?

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

Do you ever play Necro?

I do a lot. If the necro has their channel on them before they stealth the stealth doesn’t break it. There’s a whole thread on it right now…

The person I was responding to said it broke target. It doesn’t break your channel which is what all this is about.

(edited by uhohhotdog.3598)

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

uhohhotdog.3598

Stealth stops a necro from targeting you.

Stealth doesn’t break channeled skills though.

Well duh. If the necro has half a brain he’ll put his channel on him right away.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Not a single necro in the top team comps…. there is a reason for that easy to counter class.

L2P

Did you quickly forget about Nos? He’s also the main target in every team fight while the rest of Abjured comp supports him. At least that’s how it was on their old composition. They only show abjured on finals now and I never watch until the end because it gets very late in my country. (I live in EU)

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

Balance issues in PvP long enough to fill a Bible and you make a thread about one profession’s downstate damage? Buddy, you’re either incredibly naive or loaded with salt.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

These people defending necro downstate dmg are pretty funny

Ofc there is no problem with the necromancer class when he is the most dangerous in downstate…

A week ago i had a necro in my team who went into downstate in a 2vs2, i wanted to res him but he screamed at me not to because he is more useful in downstate… maybe he was just trolling around but still… sometimes i feel like he spoke the truth when i get fire+air+spinal proc for instant 10k dmg from a downed necro lol

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Necro downstate definitely needs a nerf, only downstate attack that allows you to heal and do damage at the same time, while the #3 is hilarious with 4-5k AoE damage per second. Should also probably do something about the I Win Lich button that allows a necro to 1 shot entire teams, such an ez mode class.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Necro downstate definitely needs a nerf, only downstate attack that allows you to heal and do damage at the same time, while the #3 is hilarious with 4-5k AoE damage per second. Should also probably do something about the I Win Lich button that allows a necro to 1 shot entire teams, such an ez mode class.

Ah, the signs of a noob that needs to l2p.

Back on topic, yes Necro downstate is too strong now that they fixed all of our traits. Yes they are already fixing it. Yes it may take forever. Yes I take that trait in power build to laugh my kitten off while I can.

Just last night, took a thief from full health to down state, then killed him and rallied. Was hilarious.

Here’s a note for all the whiners in the meantime. If you don’t have an invuln stomp ready and you’re a total glass cannon, do not attempt to stomp. Just let him bleed out. Duh.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Sagat.3285

such an ez mode class.

Then where are the flock of teams with them, the overstacking of them on each team even when it’s not necro day,are you like the devs that believe DS is a strong and high skill mechanic?

No doubt those buff fixes buffed the downstate but don’t go as far as calling the entire class easy,Lich has to be the easiest transform to counter. If downstate strength increases as your normal strength decreases that says a lot about necro.

@Shaogin I am disappointed in that thief.

The Dhuumfire thread

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

love the fact that people only have complains against a necro when he manages to kill them, but are completely happy that we saw 0 necros in the EU tournament (wait, hasn’t it always been this way? huh.)

Nothing has changed, other than we finally got bugs fixed in our more powerful state, down on our back. we have one fear on our back, which can be cleansed or stun broke, for an easy stomp.

0 necros in tournaments, except one in NA, and im surprised he still runs necro, yet the Dev’s still have an irrational belief that the necro is “in a good spot.” LOL

solid logic and reasoning.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

love the fact that people only have complains against a necro when he manages to kill them, but are completely happy that we saw 0 necros in the EU tournament (wait, hasn’t it always been this way? huh.)

Don’t get confused with people complaining about an aspect of necros that is cheesy (and getting fixed anyway), with the class. As it is, necro is terribly designed, and relies on some incredibly cheesy/frustrating traits/aspects (instant procs, downstate damage) while being very sub-par in most others (mobility, survival capabilities, support capabilities).

In the end, both sides are right. Necro downstate damage is stupid, and does need toning down. At the same time, necro survival and support capabilities need a buff so that the class can better compete.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

L2P

Did you quickly forget about Nos? He’s also the main target in every team fight while the rest of Abjured comp supports him. At least that’s how it was on their old composition. They only show abjured on finals now and I never watch until the end because it gets very late in my country. (I live in EU)

EU had zero, and Nos would serve his team better if he learned another class. That said its great they are willing to work with him and support his choice, lets be honest there is no real money or rewards at stake so who cares if a good player is on a less then optimal class does not matter if it costs a few game losses.

I tend to pick a single class in games and focus learning it spent by far more time on necro then all other classes combined, but I’m well aware the two other classes I play eng and mes are better for conquest game mode.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

that’s what, half a year away? year? maybe more.

pff it’s Anet we’re talking about, half a year may aswell be considered a hotfix!

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I’m totally down with them nerfing chill of death, and downstate damage, as long as they buff literally everything else first. It’s sad when the only complaints about a class are when that class is on its back about to die.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

I love the arguments some people bring in.

“It’s not in the meta the class is fine”.

No. Not how it works.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Sagat.3285

I love the arguments some people bring in.

“It’s not in the meta the class is fine”.

No. Not how it works.

Wasn’kitten“we’ll gladly sacrifice it for better competitiveness in actual combat”??

If untouched I wonder if a downed state spec could become common on WTS level..

The Dhuumfire thread

Necro downstate damage

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Please stop talking.

Or you can just use a stealth to cancel targeting from necro since their down 1 and 2 must have a target to cast?

For rangers, one blind from Guardian’s F1 is enough to cancel the interrupt from down 2 and wolf’s fear, because both of those skills hit extremely slow. Or you can pop block from focus, or you can use the famous shadow teleport stomp, or you can pomp invulnerable, or you can pop stability, or you can just cleave the body to death, or you can use ledges to block LoS.

I’m going to repeat that perfect word for newbie like you: L2P

You really don’t know what you’re talking about. You insult everyone here who disagrees with you and when they prove you wrong you just ignore it. The point wasn’t about how to deal with it, it was simply stating that it’s not balanced, but you just think it should be that way, but I’m not surprised you always defend the specs that takes least skill for what they do. You always tell anyone to l2p but then proceed to talk complete nonsense.