Necro lack of survivability is unacceptable

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

The solution is to not buff or nerf corruption mancer in any way and seek to buff a necro spec that can be self reliant in solo q. I would recommend anet buff power reaper and give gs defensive utility. Anet just needs to modify traits in such way that its not possible to use the power spec buffs on the condi spec.

I agree with that. Power weapons espcially greatsword would be good choices for defensive buffs.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

The thing is, when you allow necros to have good escapes and survivability, they become broken. I’d suggest Spectral Walk become an F2 skill and that’s it. Nothing else.

and whats the point? you port back to zerg and still die? Its a light armor caster. It needs a real teleport then if we want to improve mobility.

A stunbreak you don’t need to spec into, useful against thieves to confuse them, lets you heal in peace as it doesn’t have a cast time when you return to the original position, free swiftness, free life force gathering while it’s active.

“What’s the point?” – Maybe necro could use more, but it would be a great start you know and fits in with the whole theme of the class.

in PvP

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

The thing is, when you allow necros to have good escapes and survivability, they become broken. I’d suggest Spectral Walk become an F2 skill and that’s it. Nothing else.

That would actually be quite interesting and would give more meaning to actually positioning yourself using “trick jumps”, or simply crates and barrels around the map because right now there’s some classes who just press a button and are right up there with you ready to burst, making it a lot less useful against some classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

and whats the point? you port back to zerg and still die? Its a light armor caster. It needs a real teleport then if we want to improve mobility.

A stunbreak you don’t need to spec into, useful against thieves to confuse them, lets you heal in peace as it doesn’t have a cast time when you return to the original position, free swiftness, free life force gathering while it’s active.

“What’s the point?” – Maybe necro could use more, but it would be a great start you know and fits in with the whole theme of the class.

Its nice and all but in ranked the same will happen like with flesh wurm port. It doesn’t help you survive as some of the classes just port to you and you die like always. So it doesn’t solve the current imbalance.

in PvP

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

This has been said several times. It’s a design decision. A necro can put out tremendous offensive pressure, so this is balanced by their fragility. One can sacrifice damage for survival, but as the necro cannot build for team support, if you do this you’ve just become dead weight.

Sometime during seasons one of the big pvp guild folks posted charts in which they pointed out that necro was top tier for organized play, and a borderline disaster for solo queue. If you’ve played necro, you know this to be true. You can’t rely on teammates supporting you or peeling for you in solo queue, so entering a game as necro, even with favorable matchups, is a huge gamble. I played necro (my most played pvp class) only a handful of times this season.

Part of the problem is that while other professions can be balanced around weapon and utility selections, a necromancer always has shroud, meaning no matter what other build choices you make, you’ve always got an offensive kit. Thus, the profession works best built for offense, which it does very well, and we’re back to the top.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Its nice and all but in ranked the same will happen like with flesh wurm port. It doesn’t help you survive as some of the classes just port to you and you die like always. So it doesn’t solve the current imbalance.

If a rev can teleport to a necro, it can teleport to everything else too. And you also said it needs a real teleport. As far as I know a rev doesn’t care whether you have a real teleport or not, spectral walk would be in my opinion even better, as you could set it up in places rev can’t get to with teleporting or set it up in dh traps.

But think of it this way: you expect 3 enemy players to jump to you, so you already start your spectral walk. They jump on you and you enter reaper shroud to eat most of the damage they put out. When they would instead cc you and you would die, you teleport back. Suddenly, the 3 players have no target, you are free to heal and return damage and your team can pressure the players that just used their CDs. This would work with or without real teleport

If you give necromancer lots of mobility, it would OP. Necro has the best debuffs in the current metagame by far (weakness, chill, poison, extremely underrated) and terrifying damage (conditions can easily overwhelm you, unless you are druid). The only thing it really lacks is mobility, and if you give a lot of mobility to it, it suddenly becomes OP.

Just reduce CD of Spectral walk to 45 seconds and make in F2 ability. Bad necros will die, good necros will rule.

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

Yes i said it need a real teleport if we want to improve mobility. But its only useful if you also have ways to avoid some damage after the gank port to you and some useful health regen. As you still wont be able to cast your slow necro heals.

I was thinking about making sigils and amulets class specific and give back old energy sigil only for necro and mercenary amulet only for necro. Or something like that.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

I think their survivablity is fine. I’ve had trouble dropping them on my guardian.

I do love landing a moa on a necro in shroud (with my mesmer) with 10% hp left though. It feels so fun to totally ruin their day.

abusing exploits like this is complete bs btw.

Forcing necros out of shroud with moa is not an exploit.

using moa to completely drain shroud and kill all their minions IS a exploit.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Necros get focus not because the other team is worried about their damage. They get focused because they have the worse damage mitigation of any class. They’re an easy target.

in PvP

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I think their survivablity is fine. I’ve had trouble dropping them on my guardian.

I do love landing a moa on a necro in shroud (with my mesmer) with 10% hp left though. It feels so fun to totally ruin their day.

Uh no, it’s intended. Also your shroud isn’t drained, you’re forced out of it.
Just because it’s a really dumb decision doesn’t make it an exploit.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Allow me to shamelessly advertise my new rework thread.

It adresses the defenses of necromancer mostly with a rework of the spectral skills
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/My-Necromancer-rework/first

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Try playing an elementalist with the same amulet you use on your necro.

You’ll see your damage go down by 250%, your survivability go down by 500%, and you won’t have 2 health pools.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

You’ll see your damage go down by 250%, your survivability go down by 500%, and you won’t have 2 health pools.

Try playing a necro with the same amulet you use on your elementalist

You’ll see your healing go down by 250%, your survivability go down by 500%, and you won’t have immune cds.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

Necros don’t have 2 hp bars. You have to build it up which requires atleast a somewhat useful team that knows how to play with a necromancer in team and not die faster than a necromancer. In bad team its just 1 hp bar with very minimal shroud time that enemy allows to you.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

You’ll see your healing go down by 250%, your survivability go down by 500%, and you won’t have immune cds.

You guys are arguing about who is the more bottom of the barrel. Both eles and necros are in a bad place in the current meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

Necro survivability could be OK if devs did not delete all tanking amulet because of other classes.
It could be OK too if Necro has a better dps because you could may be commit in 1v1 and kill your opponent before he was +1 with no chance for you to disengage in 1v2.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I was looking around less used trait lines to think of what you could do to add a new viable pvp spec to necro and i got:

Reaper line:
1. Augury of Death makes shouts also siphon 2 conditions from per ally to you.

2. Soul Eater makes gs consume conditions on critical hit. Gravedigger becomes unblockable for a time after you’ve consumed a condition.

3. Blighter’s Boon makes you also gain lf when you consume a condition. Heal during shroud when you consume a condition.

Death magic line:

4. Shrouded Removal : should consume a condition rather than remove one every few second whilst in shroud. Also gain a stack power buff every time you consume a condition similar to invigorated bulwark on guard. Buff stacks up to 10 times, give 50 power every stack.

Blood magic line:

5. Unholy Martyr should also make your attacks unblockable for a few seconds whilst in shroud every time you consume a condition while you are in shroud.

Greatsword:

6. Death Spiral reflects projectiles for 3 seconds when cast.

7. Nightfall: change to pulse every 1s instead of 2s. Apply blindness every pulse as well as 2 stacks of stability every pulse. Increase pulse duration from 4s to 6s.

I think this way you kill two birds with one stone: you give reapers a viable sustainy build in spvp solo q, you force reapers to take these specific 3 trait lines in order to make the build work so they can’t use it to buff corruptionmancer (note that the traits are reliant on eachother = can’t get the unblockables in shroud from unholy martyr without the trait shrouded removal from another trait line). Buffs gs. Creates a viable power spec for reaper.

Note that the buffs to reaper don’t really buff corruptionmancer, since that build takes signets, wells and skills for corruption. The changes are meant to make synergy for gs use since it gets you to take shouts to draw conditions to use with gs to make your attacks unblockable and generate more lf. Death magic and blood magic trait lines are already sustain heavy on a number of traits: Unholy Sanctuary, Beyond the Veil, Armored Shroud, Blood Bond (should make this one work with chill too), Vampiric Presence, Vampiric. Nightfall change address weakness to cc. Stacking power buff is there to make the power build stronger since a lot of the traits in blood and death are more oriented towards sustain than dps.

(edited by Kuya.6495)

in PvP

Krysard.1364

You guys are arguing about who is the more bottom of the barrel. Both eles and necros are in a bad place in the current meta.

Im not arguing anything actually, it just amazes me how some ppl structures their “arguments” and wanted to point that out. Tbh imo ele nor necro are in a bad state, they are just stuck in a build that is full of flaws but it works amazingly well when played correctly around it. So they are unfun and poorly designed, but not unbalanced if you know what mean

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Care to explain how an intended, consistent mechanic qualifies as an exploit? It works like this for all transforms.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Krysard.1364

Care to explain how an intended, consistent mechanic qualifies as an exploit? It works like this for all transforms.

He means exploit in the sense that is an unfair mechanic (or he thinks so). He missused the word, but you can kinda get what he meant to say

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

If a necro is not carefull at the start of the fight, and doesnt have good positioning, then he will insta die, cause necros need to use ds to soak the damage, since they dont have blocks or invuls or stealth….
So atm having a necro in the team is risky, with all this power creep and no good defenses, necro is such an easy target, and ofc as soon the necro goes down , then becomes a 4vs5 and snowballs.
I feel that necros and thievs need to have players that dont insta die in 3 secs , so they can do their job.
I think its time for anet to give necros some way to defend themselvs, like an invul or blocks or some steatlh ,
I also think its time to alow necro to start the game with 30 percent life force.
Every class as acess to their blocks and invuls, necro is the only 1 that cant.

in PvP

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

If you give evades/blocks to necro, I’d also ask for condi clear on meta rev builds, range for engis, tankiness and teamfight potential for thieves, AoE damage for druids and so go on.
Necros were fine (and actually super strong) in the bruiser meta, but are weaker in a bursty meta. It’s the design and not the balance in numbers the problem in this case.

Pumpkin – Mag

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

If you give evades/blocks to necro, I’d also ask for condi clear on meta rev builds, range for engis, tankiness and teamfight potential for thieves, AoE damage for druids and so go on.
Necros were fine (and actually super strong) in the bruiser meta, but are weaker in a bursty meta. It’s the design and not the balance in numbers the problem in this case.

More or less u can build to dps or dot or sustain with any class, necro is the only class that cant build for sustain, cause they dont have .
Having a lot of hp its not equal to sustain, necros need something to negate damage, like all other clsses have.
Every one says 2hp bars, but necros start the game with 0, so it means that necros cant even soak up damage.
Necros are the first to get target , not because they are feared, they get target because players just need to count 2 dodges after that just unload all the crap on the necro and it will land 100 percent, with out failing, because atm necros have 0 reflects, 0 invuls,0 stealth,0 vigor…..
Its super super easy to down necros, specially at the begining of the game.
I hope something gets done about this

in PvP

Posted by: Dr Patrik.3642

Dr Patrik.3642

Don’t buff necro. Nerf the OP classes like DH, druid, mesmer, and thief.

in PvP

Pumpkin.5169

What if in sPvP necros always started with full DS after respawn? I would be okay with this, it actually sounds more fair. Would it be enough?

Pumpkin – Mag

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

What if in sPvP necros always started with full DS after respawn? I would be okay with this, it actually sounds more fair. Would it be enough?

Hp its not equal to sustain, because the hp just drops and they cant sustain their hp.
They need something to negate damage.
Like some invul or block or stealth also a bit more stability and mobility like some port or super speed.
I red somthing about giving spectral walk to f2 , thats actually not bad, but again necros need something to negate damage , u get a rev and a thief on a necro with no life force , how many seconds that necro is gonna last?
Now put a dh in the necros place or an engi , i mean any other class can do something when hes beeing target, only necros cant.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

What would you give up for more survivability? I mean look at thieves – yes, they got mobility, yes they got evades but at what costs?

Also comparing DHs to necros is stupid – Dhs are overtuned, let’s not powercreep everything to broken classes level. Same goes for engis – they always had absurd amount of survivability, Grouch mains it – what did you expect.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Necro/Reaper is possibly the only well designed class in the game now (give or take a few silly skills/traits). It would be a sad day for it to be morphed into an obnoxious monstrosity like everything else.

Gandara

in PvP

Pumpkin.5169

But if you give necros this, you would counter the weakness that the class has, that is focus fire.
More HP do give you more survivability. Otherwise thieves, with tons of evades and mobility, would be immortal. But they’re the squishiest class in the game. Necros doesn’t feel squishy in 1v1 or 2v2. They feel squishy against 3+ people focusing them. Because unlike evades/block/invul that mitigates damage from multiple sources simultaneously, HP does not. With more people attacking, the less effective HP is. But again, this is by design. Necros are by far the best offensive class in teamfights, with tons of AoE, damage and debilitating condis. A buch of weakness, cripple and chill. If you don’t focus them, you lose. If you give the class that has the best offense in teamfights, the highest base hp in the game, a second hp pool that recharges, and give it also more options to mitigate damage, what you’re taking out to balance this?
Because, again, necros are weak against focus fire by design. As revs and mesmers are weak against condis, and thieves are against random cleave, and rangers and eles are against hard CC, and guardians are against unblockables, and the list goes on.
And again I point out that necros feel weak right now (for some people) because of the meta. During season 2 or 3 you had a bunch of bruisers around and healbot eles. Because of this, you had A TON on necros around. At least 3 per match. Because in a heavy sustain bruiser meta, necros shine. The attrition gameplay countered the sustain and the bruiser meta didn’t do much damage to necros when focus firing. Necros were more than fine with the same weaknesses they have right now.
That’s why I think that if ANet will give more survivability to necros, it should still be in line with the class design. Give it more effective HP. More lifeforce sustain, more DS when respawning, the F2 spectral walk and such. But do not give it active mitigation, or necro will become in the next hour the most OP class in the game.

Pumpkin – Mag

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

New flash. The top tier staff/d/p thieves are immortal in a 1 vs 1.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Cynz.9437

New flash. The top tier staff/d/p thieves are immortal in a 1 vs 1.

Maybe on NA – where is only 1 good team lol.

All is Vain~

in PvP

NovaanVerdiano.6174

i refuse to believing killing all your minions is intended. until a dev actually says so.

It works like this for all classes, pretty sure they also stated it’s intended.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

A necromancer damage is low and it’s only utility is boon corrupt. leave a necromancer build LF can be dangerous but always lesser than leave alone a DH, a Warrior, a Reve, a Druid or even a Tempest free to cast it’s skills from range (expecially a tempest with the staff, that cans eriously inflict a insane amount of AoE damage with staff Fire 5, glyph and lightning attunement overcharge, much more damage than a necro can do.

And yet EVERY match im in EVERYONE says focus the necro first. No one says focus the DH, or Warrior if there is a necro in enemy team. Rev is a toss up. But still more often than not they say go for necro rather than Rev.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

i refuse to believing killing all your minions is intended. until a dev actually says so.

engi turrets/gyro stay.

EverythingOP

in PvP

abaddon.3290

if thats the case i think its a bs mechanic but whatever. we both know the devs wont care either way.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Nobody is asking for anything op just a bit more of a chance not to be a fodder in solo q playing anybody halfway decent. Of course part of the reason Necros are targeted in team fights is because they can be a pain in the kitten over time but they aren’t that valuable that they deserve to be like a 1 on the survivability scale. The lack of defensive cooldowns, super low toughness, and lack of stability all added together are a gigantic problem. I shouldn’t need a group to be built around me to babysit me because of my fragileness to be effective. That’s ludicrous.

in PvP

NovaanVerdiano.6174

engi turrets/gyro stay.

Right, though I’d argue turrets are simply objects placed in the world and as for gyros idk.

in PvP

Posted by: Deadlypixel.8734

Deadlypixel.8734

If you buff necro survivability, then you have to nerf their firepower to compensate.

Necro don’t really have firepower its mediocre at best while also have the biggest weakness for tpvp + not that good in 1v1’s anymore especially if you start with 0 LF. I find it stupid that warrior is unkillable 1v1 its a joke how easy to kill necros with warrior. Trying to kite them ,dps them, use cd’s but our health just go down in seconds while their gets healed instead of taking heavy damage like they should. You cant have a good fight against warrior. Why not balance that every classes can kill eachother and better win? In the games before GW2 i was able to kill any class with any class if i were the better at timing skills etc. They were the biggest tab targetting mmos for both pve and pvp.

Btw im already searching for a bit more balanced game for pvp that have some form of dark magic class that i will play besides gw2

I’m sorry but, are you sure you’re doing things right? I can honestly solo kill warriors without a single problem with my necro, including guardians, engi, ele, druid, hell even other necros. Its Not a matter of “beefing” up the class, its learning how to play it as its currently built. Time your dodges for burst, learn rotations for stacking the most conditions, and in case of a warrior with his “condition invulnerability”….Boon Corrupt it! That is all its takes. Boon corrupt a warriors resistance and he’s finished.

Just a friendly community commander.
Shatterer CC Lead, Mesmer ports, Raid trainings. I’m here for you all!

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

If you solo kill warriors on necro then you play against very bad warriors probably. I played warrior today for first time, no necro killed me yet they are free kills

In which division you killed warriors on your necro?

Other necros are the easiest fight for me. I played against necro guys like Leet0 and Hollts so i need around as much skilled player to take me down as to them. If i don’t make a mistake.

in PvP

abaddon.3290

If you solo kill warriors on necro then you play against very bad warriors probably. I played warrior today for first time, no necro killed me yet they are free kills

if a player has more skill than you they will beat you on any class. ive been wrecked by necro on my warrior because i was outplayed. (usually they had full shroud too)

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

if a player has more skill than you they will beat you on any class. ive been wrecked by necro on my warrior because i was outplayed. (usually they had full shroud too)

Too bad i still feel it doesn’t take any skill just an around 7-8years old player to kill a necro on warrior sorry and probably same for guardian too. Necros can’t build up damage on warrior a stunlocking condi melee right in their face that does very high damage they are unable to do anything just take the beating and try to run away thats all they can do and die in the end.

in PvP

Posted by: Deadlypixel.8734

Deadlypixel.8734

Too bad i still feel it doesn’t take any skill just an around 7-8years old player to kill a necro on warrior sorry and probably same for guardian too. Necros can’t build up damage on warrior a stunlocking condi melee right in their face that does very high damage they are unable to do anything just take the beating and try to run away thats all they can do and die in the end.

Then we can also technically claim you play against very bad necros. Yes they can be easy to kill. But a good player? Knows how to keep them alive. Its not just about face tanking everything and outliving the damage while you deal your own. You learn animations, mechanics, rotations….so many different things you can do with a class to bring out more in it. How do you plan to stunlock me if I save a stun break for after you finish a long stun, or if I watch your animations to dodge a stun pre-emptively? A warrior stun isn’t that difficult to avoid if you know to watch for it. And sure, condi can do barely any damage if you die quickly. But over time, if you can stack it properly, or even if you manage to condi bomb properly, you can quickly melt any class almost. I’m not saying its amazing, but its still a very valid class in a SKILLED players hands. And don’t give me any kitten about “Necro doesn’t take skill to faceroll, anybody can do it” (not you just anyone in general). Sure, necro can be an easier class to start with and do decent, if you have good support. But someone who knows necro a little deeper can do so much more than an average necro player. The same goes for practically any class. For some people its garbage, or its okay to them. For others, it could be a godly unstoppable class. Sure some of the warriors I’ve solo’d are bad, I will admit that. However I know I’ve gone against some decent/fantastic warrior players as well, because I actually have to work harder/take longer to kill them. And no I don’t always win, but some times I do.

Just a friendly community commander.
Shatterer CC Lead, Mesmer ports, Raid trainings. I’m here for you all!

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

I killed two warriors at once during a 1vs2 fight in stronghold, and they was good warriors. I was just lucky enough to avoid some stun, don’t find my Plague Signed blocked by they’re shield and catch them out of guards with my RS5+RS4 combo, inflicting a lot of damage while they was still unable to re-enter the berserker mode (F2). I was also with full LF before the start of the fight and that was a really big thing. With that LF I survived they’re first burst and then long anough to see the end of they’re resistance Spam (Berserker Stance).
With a full LF a necro can do a 1vs1 with some classes, like a warrior or a dh (depending also on the enviroment), but with 66% is already hader and with lesser than 50% is really hard to win or even survive. At the start of the game is matematically impossible win any 1vs1 simply why a necro don’t have LF, the enemy can kill him before he build enough LF to do anything (survive or do damage) and without our Shroud we have only a bad elite to obtain stability and no real ways to inflict damage or mitigate the incoming damage.

The LF amount at the start of a fight is always the weak and the strong spot of the necromancer. With full LF is a good class, able to fight few classes in 1vs1 and hope to win. Without LF is the easier class to kill (sometimes longer than the Target Golem but only why a necro can inflict fear and move, nothing more) why don’t have any kind of good movement/teleport skills or real damage mitigation/immunity skills, and also is unable to inflict any good damage.

I’m not the best necro of the game and I play a personal Corruption Build but I frequently kill someone during team fights.
I can win against some warriors, few DH, ele, few engis (depending on they’re build) and i win against more ro less all the necros I find (sometimes Highly depending on the LF amount for me and/or the other necro).
But win a 1vs1 every 20 I can do is not be at the same level of the other classes, that can go in any 1vs1 they want without any pain and be shure if not to win at least to make a good fight.

The necromancer is the ONLY class that is Totally dependent from the enemy. it can be to force him to burst you with conditions to be able to send them back and obtain a good condi damage (we still need to Hit to send conditions, without that we’re barely unable to clean conditions – only with the corruption heal, that have a insane casting time that make us interrupted 50% of tine or unable to heal in time-), we need to Hit the enemy to store LF or be near a enemy when he die to obtain few LF from him (that point is frequently depending on our team), also our “bunker” build is focused on a Vampiric MM heal that force us to hit the enemy to heal ourselves, still in a low measure.

We’re also the only class that keep his Fx skill from fight to fight, even while we Die.
The revenant main legendary Force System was proposed in the Necromancer Forum Section as a Rework on our Life Force Generation System to Fix a Huge problem in our Balance. But ANet took it and built a new class…
We need to restart every fight with a fixed amount of LF, both for be able to survive or inflict a decent damage while the match start (and hopefully not ever be the first focus of the match, still if also a full LF will not make us able to survive more than 2 seconds more to a real team burst) and be able to spend all our LF as a defensive ability as ANet want (a thing that we can’t do why if we use our LF to “survive” then we start without any LF, unable to do anything else to spam Staff marks and AA, searching for a little amount of LF to not be slaughtered by the first dps that face us and becoming barely useless for our team).

The necromancer is a good class but depend to too much things. Enviroment to hide while building up LF, teammates to protect him, Full LF to be able to fight in 1vs1, an enemy team that don’t focus and burst him down every time he enter the mid fight, a little luck in match making and a high knowledge of all the other classes to be played properly.
A little too much things for a single class to make it seriously viable in the actual meta.

in PvP

Prince Vingador.8067

If u not the best necro in the world like u say, and u killed 2 warriors, let me be the one telling u this …THE WARRIORS WERE CRAP., because atm 1 warrior is more than enough to kill a necro 1v1.

in PvP

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

Unfortunately, necro has never had good survivability. When options for staying alive were handed out, we got “health sponge”, which is useless against burst compared to escapes, blocks, evades, in invulns which nullify all damage.

But don’t worry. Necros also have the most garbage, useless power builds in the entire game.

…I uh…am not sure where I’m going with this. Anyhoo, play condi and be used to dying a lot or play something else. Sucks, but that’s how it is.

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

Or play necro get skilled with it after that reroll a class that you see the most in your games. ( This will show you what are the current OP classes that are very good ( too good ) on their own without support. ( it will be a melee class or druid/mesmer. ) and after that you don’t have to pay some gold to teammates to try to keep you alive or help when focused because the class you like have weak mechanism compared to others.
Grats you are ESL ready. :p

in PvP

Posted by: Gamble.4580

Gamble.4580

I agree necro can be a easy kill with good focus once ds runs dry. But I also think with high skill level it can be hard to kill. Again it’s one of those high risk high reward classes, easy to play and understand but hard to master. This week neco Goldilock has been stupid hard to kill with all players focusing him! No mins and with conditions..Maybe ask for the build?

[UNTY] Unity guild -AG server
Asura -Thief

in PvP

Posted by: JordanJD.3209

JordanJD.3209

How is this an ‘exploit’? Has anet addressed this?

in PvP

Rolisteel.1375

Doesn’t matter how skilled you are as long as you are playing necro, you are in the “easy to kill if they really want” zone for the enemy. Your survivability on necro is only as good as your team. With good teamplayers you can have some success, with players that don’t care about you or with some random “pro” players that play one of the OP press 1-2 buttons do 1 billion dps and survive every kitten for a while class and can kill enemy peoples 1v1 but don’t have brain for teamplay or how to play the game for win. you will die all the time to 2v1 3v1 focus etc and lose.

Necro stupid hard to kill for 5 players? Sorry but they are probably low or low-med skilled players then. If your necro character just stand on a point 1 class can kill it in some sec. Even if you control your char you don’t have much more ways of survivability as necromancer. 2 dodges, 33% damage mitigation. + shroud ( if you are play against a team that allows you to farm a lot of LF). If they don’t allow then you probably running around a lot with low LF and you are very vulnerable to focus dps.

Id like to see what happend there with this Goldilock vs all player focus.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

A necromancer damage is low and it’s only utility is boon corrupt. leave a necromancer build LF can be dangerous but always lesser than leave alone a DH, a Warrior, a Reve, a Druid or even a Tempest free to cast it’s skills from range (expecially a tempest with the staff, that cans eriously inflict a insane amount of AoE damage with staff Fire 5, glyph and lightning attunement overcharge, much more damage than a necro can do.

And yet EVERY match im in EVERYONE says focus the necro first. No one says focus the DH, or Warrior if there is a necro in enemy team. Rev is a toss up. But still more often than not they say go for necro rather than Rev.

DHs are just stupidly overtuned atm, you can’t bring OP class/build as argument, cmon now, and warriors just have insane survivability and don’t oppose as much threat as free casting necro. You would be surprised but i like to focus druids and eles a lot because if they are only support enemy team has in fight then it is better to take them out quickly and rest will die w/o peels/heals.

All is Vain~