Necros have made PvP un-fun

in PvP

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

All in the title.

With the way condi’s are right now, plus the sheer tankyness they have always had, they have ruined PvP for me.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I’m more annoyed with the perma weakness, tbh. I think that might be the only thing that should be tones down.

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Spamming condis against necros has always been a no-no since they could transfer them back to you or consume them for big heals. I haven’t run into any necros that put up a fight since the patch landed.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

You’re being killed by your own conditions.

And if Necros were tanky, they wouldn’t be tunnelvisioned entire match. Aren’t they focused? Maybe I’m missing something.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in PvP

Posted by: Kamikazi.5380

Kamikazi.5380

Necros?

You don’t mean Engineer or burn Guardian?

in PvP

Posted by: DrArmature.4619

DrArmature.4619

You’re being killed by your own conditions.

And if Necros were tanky, they wouldn’t be tunnelvisioned entire match. Aren’t they focused? Maybe I’m missing something.

Exactly this. Almost every game I’m the first target they bee-line for. Guardians that are used to eating our lunch get a bit of their own medicine from the transfers. And if you’re looking for the real culprits of condition abuse look at the heavy burn applying classes. (Eles, guards, and engis….I’m looking at you! O.o)

Edit for grammar

~Necromonger: “Where we learn one pain can lessen another”

(edited by DrArmature.4619)

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Ye necros are pretty lame atm with ton of passives we have now and 30 second cooldown on plague signet ( i think the dev forgot to read what that utility actually does before decrasing its cooldown by 50%)
BUT this patch reminds some boiz what is what. Necro have been hardcounter to engi since release, mechanic wise and overall counter to other condi classes but with the dawn of the planet of the celestial apes some had forgotten it.
Necro is to engi what thief is (or maybe now was) to mesmer and to other condi classes what thief is to other zerkers.
Its over the top atm but now when engi cant recklessly run in 1v1 against necro its kinda how its supposed to be.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

lol really necros? Ive yet to see a condi necro. seen quite a few good bunker and power necros though.

in PvP

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

The tankieness of necros is pretty ridiculous. Had 3 chasing a necro tank around a point for a good minute. The damage is low, but survivability is just silly good.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The tankieness of necros is pretty ridiculous. Had 3 chasing a necro tank around a point for a good minute. The damage is low, but survivability is just silly good.

So, what you’re saying is, you ran into a bunker build that took some time to kill?

This is a problem…why?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Domino.1359

So, what you’re saying is, you ran into a bunker build that took some time to kill?

This is a problem…why?

Can you provide verification that I said it was a problem in my post?

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

“The tankiness of necros is pretty ridiculous”
“Survivability is just silly good”

Sounds like you got a problem with it to me.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in PvP

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

People eating their OWN 10 stack of Burning but anyway lets forget that and put the blame on Necro.

All is vain.

in PvP

Domino.1359

“The tankiness of necros is pretty ridiculous”
“Survivability is just silly good”

Sounds like you got a problem with it to me.

You took it out of context like any fanboi would do. Here, let allow me:
“The damage is low, but survivability is just silly good.”
That sounds like it’s a balance, which I am promoting in my message. Duh. Lol.

Nice try though.

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

People eating their OWN 10 stack of Burning but anyway lets forget that and put the blame on Necro.

You mean that 10 stacks that were transferred back by an non-telegraphed Plague Signet passive proc?

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The telegraph is the 3 conditions on the Necromancer, which you know will cause it to proc, don’t be a moron and blow your entire burst when you know its about to reflect at you.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

Tbh I don’t think it’s necros that make pvp unfun as you phrased it. I seem to struggle way more with burning and learned (the hard way) that it needs to be removed asap.

It did take my thief a long while to kill off a tanky terrormancer though, had to run and hide a few times just to live through it. But I still wouldn’t call for nerfs until I get the hang of all the changes. And the best way to do this would be to try out every profession and a few builds for each.

All I can say for now is that thief is way too squishy atm and dies to pretty much anything.

in PvP

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

Just reduce the damage on burning. This will have the added benefit of having less qq of the form: ‘OMG why did I die from my own burning. It should be the necro who dies from MY PASSIVE burn proc.’

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Just reduce the damage on burning. This will have the added benefit of having less qq of the form: ‘OMG why did I die from my own burning. It should be the necro who dies from MY PASSIVE burn proc.’

You want to nerf already weak Dhumfire?

in PvP

Posted by: dood.7526

dood.7526

The telegraph is the 3 conditions on the Necromancer, which you know will cause it to proc, don’t be a moron and blow your entire burst when you know its about to reflect at you.

It’s the funniest part about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I hope you liked the taste of your own/team’s poison then….or burns or bleeds and other things.

enjoy BBQing self

now if only there were a passive GM trait that would cast an auto Epidemic to go along with plague sending…that would be a thing of beauty

seriously though just give it a bit of time learn and adapt and wait for burning damage to get axe’ed.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: creature.5120

creature.5120

All the passives are a little bit stupid. I also dont know who thought signet´s CD should toned down to 30sek and getting a 2 boon corrupt and 20% CDs reduce via trait.
Before Necs where kinda hardcounter to condi classes but now u have to bo completly kittened to lose to a condi prof. as nec :/

Créature – Dr00d, Nebulâk – Nec
Kämpfe stehts fanatisch, denn du bist ein Menschenjäger!

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Gah necros, they counter engis even harder now ; (.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Necros?

You don’t mean Engineer or burn Guardian?

I’ve never seen burn guardian after the patch, not even one. And I am playing pvp like every day for 6 hours.

What I’ve seen is necros everywhere, mesmers thieves and warriors with GS LB, Guardian medi here and there. But 3 necro minimum per fight.

in PvP

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

That happened to me today. :-)

I played a full glass power Necro with tons of condi transfers (Dagger4, Staff4, Plague Signet, Curses Traits) and lots of people told me my condi necro build was to strong.

This is like cherry picking. Everyone is running condi atm because you can melt most builds with it. And when they meet someone who transfers all that stuff back, they say it’s op.

So when you go for condi: Avoid necros or take some condi removals with you!

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

“Necros might be competitive pls nerf”

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

LOL, that is not a telegraph, sure at the start of a 1v1 duel that is the case, in actual game of PvP, with teamfights, people streaming in and out of fights, etc all you know is that any one of the numerous times in at most the next 30 secs that a necro gets 3 or more condies on them, they may be transferred back to you.

But then that makes it no worse than a million other procs, instant skills, etc in this game that all lack real telegraphs.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

LOL, that is not a telegraph, sure at the start of a 1v1 duel that is the case, in actual game of PvP, with teamfights, people streaming in and out of fights, etc all you know is that any one of the numerous times in at most the next 30 secs that a necro gets 3 or more condies on them, they may be transferred back to you.

The biggest telegraph is the Plague Signet symbol showing you, that condi-bombing this guy might be a bad idea.

The Plague Signet trait has a high 30 second cooldown. That shouldn’t be a problem. And if a necro equips all the possible transfer stuff, he has ether no sustain at all and is a perfect prime target or is forced to play passive and waiting for conditions applied to him.

People just aren’t used to it and cry for nerfs now. L2P!

(edited by KrHome.1920)

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

All the passives are a little bit stupid. I also dont know who thought signet´s CD should toned down to 30sek and getting a 2 boon corrupt and 20% CDs reduce via trait.
Before Necs where kinda hardcounter to condi classes but now u have to bo completly kittened to lose to a condi prof. as nec :/

It’s for boon hate it was way too unjustifiable weak and restrictive pre patch and signets weren’t seeing much use despite the stab/fear bug it’s the best of condition necro now. Our self applications are not good or weren’t meant to be it seems old terromancer is not a real thing anymore dhuumfire is not worth it. MoC,Lingering Curse,Parasitic Contagion are PvE traits PoC is conflicting with Terror etc.

Necro still has some issues like 0 starting LF,easy to control etc. About Plague Signet I have fought people dodging both the trait and skill maybe it was just perfect timing but it happens if you are paying attention to me. Necro is slow one more time.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

The biggest telegraph is the Plague Signet symbol showing you, that condi-bombing this guy might be a bad idea.

The Plague Signet trait has a high 30 second cooldown. That shouldn’t be a problem. And if a necro uses all that transfer stuff, he has no sustain at all and is a perfect prime target.

People just aren’t used to it and cry for nerfs now. L2P!

Try reading things properly, he isn’t talking plague signet, it is about the trait Plague Sending that procs the plague signet active effect when the necro has three condies on it, there is no signet symbol for when it is off-cooldown.

And to be clear I am not “crying for nerfs”, I was just correcting the notion that it has a telegraph, it doesn’t. This game is full of badly designed passive procs, instant skills, etc, so I see no reason to nerf this one for necro when every class has them, rune sets have them, sigils have them, etc, just accept that this game has a great combat engine, but the actual design of many of the skills, traits, mechanics produce brainless gameplay.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Rym.1469

To be honest, everyone got some passives this patch.

Necro got Plague Sending which is pretty much mandatory after they nerfed Consume Conditions. Not to mention if you, bless upon your soul, try to run MoC.

But I believe Eles, Engineers, Warriors all got their own, not to mention other profs.

Design choice.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

Necro does not use it, you don’t need a fire proc on telegraphed auto attack when you just have to send back their burning to your opponent xD

in PvP

Rym.1469

Necro does not use it, you don’t need a fire proc on telegraphed auto attack when you just have to send back their burning to your opponent xD

People would use if if it was’t doing hardly 1k burning damage a second when you spam it and hit with LB every single time.

If we could get rid of Plague Sending with Signet and instead get couple charges/short duration of Plague Blast replacing Life Blast when you enter Death Shroud, there would be no problem with Dhuumfire or passive Signet procs, like I suggested before the patch.

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

They are not competitive their dmg is out of the scale now. And lots of ppl playing them and using that advantage while they can.

Enjoy while it lasts.

Btw. necros down state is doing huge dmg now…it needs to be toned down.

(edited by Ragnarox.9601)

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

They are not competitive their dmg is out of the scale now. And lots of ppl playing them and using that advantage while they can.

Enjoy while it lasts.

Those making claims need to support it with proof. All I see are people, as usual, complaining that a formerly weak class is now potentially strong only days after the balance patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Stop the complaining. Necro’s…. There tuff.. But they can go down if play well.

in PvP

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

Enjoy while it lasts.

How is it out of scale?

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Enjoy while it lasts.

How is it out of scale?

Whats out of scale is the ludicrous RNG involved that necros, coincidentally, can make great use of (theives can to the same extent, but this isn’t a thread about them). What makes them stand out vs theives is that necros have somehow been buffed to actually be able to take damage to a rather respectable degree. Personally, I say its an air/fire issue rather than a necro issue, but I’m not sure people care too much about that and just want some of that BS gone :P.

in PvP

Posted by: Zunami.8560

Zunami.8560

The real challenge starts once you down the necro…

in PvP

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Enjoy while it lasts.

Btw. necros down state is doing huge dmg now…it needs to be toned down.

Lol this guy.

What dont you understand about the transfers damage is not ours it’s yours. If you want to nerf our transfer damage that means you have to nerf your damage, are you suddenly going to go quiet now that you understand this like the people in the other thread did?

Btw necro downstate damage got nerfed not buffed in this patch..

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

(edited by Zetsumei.4975)

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

Btw necro downstate damage got nerfed not buffed in this patch..

3k channeling dmg /sec while downed seems legit.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Necro should be designed to be the strongest in combat class because it is not given any mobility and not much team support. They cannot escape or survive a good spike, so they should be able to get stronger and stronger. They should be an attrition class, otherwise having no mobility will kill it.. I think maybe plague signet should have its cd increased to 40s again though

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

I see necros as the Mayweathers of pvp currently. They thrive as counter punchers.

They throw conditions back on their enemies, they can build defensively, and they can keep weakness up near permanently.

They can build offensively as a power based wellmancer, but it seems the complaints aren’t about that build.

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

There are actually alot of builds going around right now. Necros have not settled into one thing much less even a few things. I personally have changed my build over the past few nights at least 7-8 times.

Signet builds are more rampant right now because thats the new thing we got. I personally think signets are boring. But to each thier own.

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

This is a horribly inaccurate argument and a dire ad personam (‘moron’, really?)
Conditions are too plenty in fights and the proc is passive on a 24 Cd, so seeing over 2 conditions on a necro is by no means an indicator of an incoming transfer.

Once again, not arguing against necro’s viability, but rather for a horrendously bad design of passive condi transfers/boon corruption that is so lame that it made me switch to playing my ranger after 5000 ranked matches on my necro. At least I know that I’m not cheezing that much.

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Yes, necro is strong. And ?

in PvP

Rym.1469

It really feels that when people don’t know what’s happening, it must be Necro’s fault.

Yes, there are bad passives.

No, we don’t like them as well.

Yes, we will use them and exploit as much as we can if it ends up being our only option in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Here’s an idea.

Instead of flat out nerfing conditions (some of which some specs are solely reliant on a single condition or 2), how about they make it so more specs/classes have access to the resistance boon.

As is only the warrior and mesmer have any real access to it & I can speak from experience that on my shout warrior with trooper runes & heal signet I can ignore or cleanse conditions most of the time.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Necro’s are supposed to be the kings/queens of condition manipulation. In this semi-condi meta they are a direct counter for it. Deal with it. Don’t attack them as their strength.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Would just like to come here and point out that just because Necromancers are actually killing you for a change and you’re starting to realize the profession exists, doesn’t mean it needs to be nerfed.

Oh and mark my words, if Necromancers were to receive yet another nerf, especially with the current state of all these other professions running around melting peoples faces off, there would be riots! O.o

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds