Nerf Guardian PVP

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

There are lots of ways to set off traps with out taking damage, if people are dumb enough to run into you, they it’s there fault, not the DH’s.

Until they stun you and crap it on your head.

Or pull you into it.

Or you’re out of dodge rolls and they’re crapping them all over a team fight.

Or a mesmer field knocks you into it.

Or an engi field knocks you into it.

Or a druid knockback knocks you into it.

Then that is not a DH’s problem. That’s getting hammered in a team fight. It happens, dose not mean one class is to blame. Blaming traps for poor skill or just getting out played is not a game play problem. It’s a personal skill/bad team problem. You can’t win everything. Some people are just better players. Some times I eat classes for fun, other times I’m the free food.

No, it’s not the fault of the DH that they have one ability that, with zero input or even physical presence from the player, can kill another player.

Nor is it the fault of the person being killed.

It’s Anet’s fault. DH is the only class in the game that has 1 ability (regardless of level of input) that is capable of 100-0’ing everybody else (22k damage non-crit assuming full duration, which happens frequently due to knockbacks/stuns/floats/pulls).

When, in a team, the DH’s only job is “stand on point and crap traps” and everybody else’s job is “drag/push/pull/knockback/stun people in the DH’s trap” it comes down to “whoever has a DH wins” just like last season it was “we have an ele and you don’t, even if there is a large skill gap we win”. It means one class has one ability (dragon’s maw) that is so overpowered 9 other people have to play around it.

And meanwhile, while the DH’s 4 teammates are trying to knock people into the DH trap and the opposition’s 5 people are trying to stay out of the DH’s trap, the DH himself is running around hitting people and buffing teammates.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

An example of Guardian damage potential. Although they are test dummies I doubt any other class can do this even with Berzerker amulet.

and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nKDTAs4RiA

It is being ganked by surprise with this that upsets the community. I am always ready for it but even then it is annoying to have to account for because any time I let my guard down I could instantly be killed this is not the case for most other classes. If these guardians were dying as fast as they killed It would be fine but they last too long with their respective amount of damage. Not to mention my previous post about undogeable guardian fields that fan the flame.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

(edited by Zelulose.8695)

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

An example of Guardian damage potential. Although they are test dummies I doubt any other class can do this even with Berzerker amulet.

and

It is being ganked by surprise with this that upsets the community. I am always ready for it but even then it is annoying to have to account for because any time I let my guard down I could instantly be killed this is not the case for most other classes. If these guardians were dying as fast as they killed It would be fine but they last too long with their respective amount of damage. Not to mention my previous post about undogeable guardian fields that fan the flame.

Dying to traps…I have nothing more to say

Battlelord Taeres

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

You miss the point. Everything damage related was meant to be dodged. These videos show what happens IF you get hit I doubt a mesmer can show equivalent burst to 5 targets IF you get hit as dodging anything even an auto attack is up to the player. Guardians will use their trap with the Intention of hitting you knowing you will want to avoid them.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Jitsuryoku.9038

Jitsuryoku.9038

I am not a huge fan of guards, but I switched to 1, simply because they have about the same damage as most classes, but they are a wall that takes too long to kill. Even harder if there are 2 guards in a fight.

I do feel like it’s a problem, but, you know, I’ll just add to it, which will hopefully cause people to complain more and force anet to look over guards again.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

So you think guardian is too good?

Solution: make a new character (Guardian), it’s simple and free.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

and

Dying to traps…I have nothing more to say

you’re missing the point entirely. the point is, similar to Scrapper pre-nerfs, DH now has a crazy amount of self-sustain while still hitting absurdly hard, and this is simply because they’re designed to do this; even their traps provide them with sustain, something no other profession with traps cant boast.

how can you tell this is broken? simply look at their traitlines. every single investment is defensive and yet they still can output damage on-par with thieves, who have to invest heavily into damage modifiers. thanks to this, Dragonhunters now have almost zero windows of vulnerability.

this is just how stupid the current symbol build is:

Shield of Wrath → Aegis → Aegis → Shield of Courage → Purification (heals them back to full lmao) → Aegis → Smite Condition → Wings of Resolve → Shield of Absorption → Aegis → Shield of Resolve → Aegis → Renewed Focus → Shield of Courage → Shield of Wrath → Purification (another full heal) → etc.

and this is all why outputting severe damage, particularly AoE and CC, and maintaining a good amount of stability to boot. they have so many sources of sustain that you can rotate through them incredibly easily without ever not having something to fall back on. the concept of skillful CD management goes out the window.

how is this ANY different from how Scrapper used to be?

i’ve predicted almost every major nerf that’s happened in this game, i know what i’m talking about.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

and

So laughable…

It is being ganked by surprise with this that upsets the community

I will assume that being ganked from stealth by a mesmer or thief ( that you play) is far less problematic and widely recognized by mesmer and thief players as ….a L2P issue
Am I right?

I just wonder how somebody who actively play a chronomancer can show his/her face on this forum?

The build that you posted can literally be killed easily by anybody on any class that range/burst effectively against a DH, here even an ele can use a scepter and still kill a DH that run full trap build

any time I let my guard down I could instantly be killed

Against chronomancers ( especially those playing condis ) won’t change a darn thing..you will still lose in the end…the shatter never ends..the condis just keep coming….ranging them does nothing as they can teleport to you while stealthed……and eventually you run out of endurance and CDs.

….By comparison ( save thief ) anybody can kill easily a full trap DH…and in the end in this game you die when letting your guard down..because you know it’s supposed to be that way

I won’t let a chronomancer have its way, talking and talking about others like chronomancer is fine and balanced…which is totally not by a mile; you won’t see a full trap dh at high end pvp..but you will see 1-2 condi chrono for certain

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Legiion.7385

Legiion.7385

Another QQ thread …..
Sorry but DH are far from OP.
Nothing has changed at the DH.
ONLY core guard .
And the Symbol build has his counters.
U can easy CC him and Burst him down and he has a lack of mobility.
And a full trap DH is a freekill if u know what ur doing

(edited by Legiion.7385)

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

you won’t see a full trap dh at high end pvp..but you will see 1-2 condi chrono for certain

What good Dragonhunter is running a trap build? I’m fairly certain the good players are running the symbol build with ridiculous on-point pressure.

Attachments:

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

(edited by Velimere.7685)

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

The trait carrying Guardian sustain is either their aegis sources/numerous blocks or their new DH trait that lets them removed a condition as they block. (A trait that makes condition builds useless against them entirely which is good.) The issue is that they should sacrifice blocks for condition removal not block with ridiculous condition removal. That is their sustain issue. The second issue is that this class is the only one which can effectively decap a point. If you are going to make a class a good decap you have to share the love to other class or reduce their sustain when they spec decap. Finally, if they wont fix guardian sustain. Then they have to fix damage. I love guardian damage so this is not my go to but if sustain stays damage has to go.

My enemy Teams have averaged 2-3 guardians over 78 games and that’s just on the enemy team not my team. One match I played as guardian and we ended up solo qued with 4 of us. (We also won by a landslide)

Also the nerf to Basilisk venom hurt thief as that was one of their most useful unblock-able skills. Like Rev they need more ability to counter block.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Supreme.3164

The trait carrying Guardian sustain is either their aegis sources/numerous blocks or their new DH trait that lets them removed a condition as they block. (A trait that makes condition builds useless against them entirely which is good.) The issue is that they should sacrifice blocks for condition removal not block with ridiculous condition removal. That is their sustain issue. The second issue is that this class is the only one which can effectively decap a point. If you are going to make a class a good decap you have to share the love to other class or reduce their sustain when they spec decap. Finally, if they wont fix guardian sustain. Then they have to fix damage. I love guardian damage so this is not my go to but if sustain stays damage has to go.

My enemy Teams have averaged 2-3 guardians over 78 games and that’s just on the enemy team not my team. One match I played as guardian and we ended up solo qued with 4 of us. (We also won by a landslide)

Also the nerf to Basilisk venom hurt thief as that was one of their most useful unblock-able skills. Like Rev they need more ability to counter block.

their new DH trait that lets them removed a condition as they block

What new trait?..it seems to me that you didn’t know what DH was prior to this patch, the trait been there since HoT launch

Also you just don’t get it…nerfs to on one side..makes other side stronger, so inevitably nerfs will fall on the other side too, you can’t possibly expect that you will keep your shield block/frenzy/distortion infinite chain or your “10 dodges in a row” or chronophantasma with no freaking CD which makes dodging shatter completely pointless**

And give thieves/rev more unblockable attacks…like other professions swim in blocks like guard..oh wait they don’t.

Scrappers are gone…Eles were destroyed prior to June 2015 patch…Druids can barely keep up the “1vs1 king” title

Basically what is left to counter thieves/mesmers and revs in 1vs1 while contributing to the team?…yes guys the guardians and by whom this thread has been created?…by a thief…who are those in favour of nerfing guard?….thieves and mesmers

I rest my case

This @Zelu guy is a chrono/thief; he’s saying “ele are fine now”..ofc they are, they don’t stand a chance at equal skill level vs thieves/mesmers and rev.
Scrappers can just stall now..and barely…warrior can be easily kited by all 3 of them

I somehow feel conflicted about thieves, if they’d give up their perma dodging, I’d be all to give them some team fight sustain but mesmer and rev sustain=dmg relation is off the chart and there is nothing left to counter them 1vs1 except guard

(edited by Supreme.3164)

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Listen man mesmer needs a sustain nerf to the inspiration line. I’ve been saying that for a long long time. But all the classes heal too much Its like they are there own Gw1 monkx2 they were supposed to add alternate defense options not add more defense to stack with HoT.

I’m honest I call for my own class to have its sustain nerf. Let me make an unbiased statement. Mesmer block on shield should work like scepter or sword block. They should have less healing in the inspiration line. Also shatter CD need to be unaffected by alac buff.

Warrior should deal less conditions on interupt and stack less burning. They should not have 100% resistance up-time.

Guardian Needs a sustain nerf to its condition removal and blocks ideally or a nerf to its trap/meditation/symbol damage. A burst guardian should not be a tank.

Druid Needs less stability access. Less healing. Everything else is fine.

Engineer needs less protection up-time or less healing from the turret/longer CD or reduced evasions.

As far as I can tell the other classes are balanced with respect to each other.

I am not calling for a biased one class nerf I have been hollering about all the top tier classes for a while. Rev. already got it’s fix as far as I can tell but it is pushing it as well.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

What new trait?..it seems to me that you didn’t know what DH was prior to this patch, the trait been there since HoT launch

Also you just don’t get it…nerfs to on one side..makes other side stronger, so inevitably nerfs will fall on the other side too, you can’t possibly expect that you will keep your shield block/frenzy/distortion infinite chain or your “10 dodges in a row” or chronophantasma with no freaking CD which makes dodging shatter completely pointless

before patch guard doesnt have aegis on shield . also sword scepter dont have symbol .
now all weapons covered with symbol meaning symbol heal + damage from trait and that block condtion removal trait + every block gives DH healing power increase trait +symbol trait + medi heal made the whole meta symbolic sustain superior . while the fury from pack rune + medi give DH a good damage .

btw i like how people who deny DH is pretty good now if not god mode on forum are always saying traps and bows which clearly showed they dont know much about their precious DH at all.

and ps : superme , you always like to call something balanced op like distortion lol ,and you were totally against nerfs to healing ele before balance patch since its only build for ele when every other class has / had only one viable build too .i dont know why everyone should take your idea of balance serious ?

since when you have changed from ultimately ele defender to unholy whatever godmode defender ?

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

At this point I am pretty confident guardian is going to get a nerf. Yet, I doubt it will be a meaningful one.

The insane healing will likely continue to be a prevailing issue for all classes until the next expansion which will sell because I have to admit their pve is pretty fun compared to other mmorpg and well done. So we will have another crazy shift in the meta that will most definitely be a power creep as if the skills are useless, no-one will buy the expansion given how bad HoT was.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Also you just don’t get it…nerfs to on one side..makes other side stronger, so inevitably nerfs will fall on the other side too, you can’t possibly expect that you will keep your shield block/frenzy/distortion infinite chain or your “10 dodges in a row” or chronophantasma with no freaking CD which makes dodging shatter completely pointless

before patch guard doesnt have aegis on shield . also sword scepter dont have symbol .
now all weapons covered with symbol meaning symbol heal + damage from trait and that block condtion removal trait + every block gives DH healing power increase trait +symbol trait + medi heal made the whole meta symbolic sustain superior . while the fury from pack rune + medi give DH a good damage .

btw i like how people who deny DH is pretty good now if not god mode on forum are always saying traps and bows which clearly showed they dont know much about their precious DH at all.

and ps : superme , you always like to call something balanced op like distortion lol ,and you were totally against nerfs to healing ele before balance patch since its only build for ele when every other class has / had only one viable build too .i dont know why everyone should take your idea of balance serious ?

since when you have changed from ultimately ele defender to unholy whatever godmode defender ?

My idea of balance will remain too hard to comprehend for you because I know what balance is about, it’s a give-take relation whose final result depends on the skill level of the player.

First of all, before trying to dirty my name with your lies , you should at the very least come here with actual proof

Never I defended any unkillable bot what I always said is that every class should have an opportune level of sustain, forcing eles into bunker was never acceptable and eles have always been asking for ways to actively negate dmg, nobody ever asked to play healbot.

Another fundamental point of my “neverending” debate is the inter-relation between profession because 1vs1 is bloody important and you can leave the “team effort” excuse at the door.

All professions should reach the same level of sustain/dmg with the same effort, more or less that’s balance

“Unbalance” looks like this:

Profession A: block-block-block-distortion-block-stealth-distortion-heal-burst-block (repeat on very low CD )

VS

Profession B: heal-heal-dodge-dodge-1m long CD defensive utility-heal……eat dmg..eat dmg..dodge

Block/stealth/dodges is sustain whether you like it or not..sustain is not just healing, if you want to nerf my healing….we must nerf also your block/stealth/dodges that’s just simple logic

This is why I defend guard, we can’t just nerf guard and leave revenant, mesmer and thief untouched, they do too much kittening dmg for the sustain they have

Low CD blocks
Easy access to stealth
Chainable dodges on very low CD
Insta burst with little to zero tell again on very low CD
Conditions stacks that eat your life in few secs

Is this what makes GW2 more balanced than others MMO?…if yes then you’re sadly deluded

P.S and these mesmers coming here asking for nerfs..you should be ashamed of even showing your face, you have a dev who basically gave you most GM as baseline then buffed your sustain on top and gave you chronomancer with alacrity..still you come here claiming god knows what..give me a break..

(edited by Supreme.3164)

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Its kind of funny that a lot of people are complaining about DH. DH didn’t receive any buffs this patch, GUARDIAN however did. Traps are the same as they were last season, so is long bow, the only thing that changed is the heavy light trait. Which has nothing to do with damage.

Damage is the same as it was last season, complainers just need something to complain about since they need to justify why they aren’t winning.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Am I the only one on the forum that doesn’t favor any class in specific? Your post clearly indicates you fully support the class regardless of the facts present with their frequent appearance in tpvp.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

sinject.4607

“Unbalance” looks like this:

Profession A: block-block-block-distortion-block-stealth-distortion-heal-burst-block (repeat on very low CD )

VS

Profession B: heal-heal-dodge-dodge-1m long CD defensive utility-heal……eat dmg..eat dmg..dodge

Block/stealth/dodges is sustain whether you like it or not..sustain is not just healing, if you want to nerf my healing….we must nerf also your block/stealth/dodges that’s just simple logic

This is why I defend guard, we can’t just nerf guard and leave revenant, mesmer and thief untouched, they do too much kittening dmg for the sustain they have

Low CD blocks
Easy access to stealth
Chainable dodges on very low CD
Insta burst with little to zero tell again on very low CD
Conditions stacks that eat your life in few secs

Is this what makes GW2 more balanced than others MMO?…if yes then you’re sadly deluded

you’re completely delusional if you think Mesmer, Revenant, or Thief have anywhere near the same level of sustain and damage as Symbol DH.

this is just how stupid the current symbol build is:

Shield of Wrath -> Aegis -> Aegis -> Shield of Courage -> Purification (heals them back to full lmao) -> Aegis -> Smite Condition -> Wings of Resolve -> Shield of Absorption -> Aegis -> Shield of Resolve -> Aegis -> Renewed Focus -> Shield of Courage -> Shield of Wrath -> Purification (another full heal) -> etc.

(not mentioning the defensive pressure/boons of symbols and traps)

No other profession in the game has this kind of non-stop defensive rotation. Herald, Daredevil, and Chronomancer all have sizable, exploitable gaps in their defenses that can result in death if hit properly. Dragonhunter does not.

Its kind of funny that a lot of people are complaining about DH. DH didn’t receive any buffs this patch, GUARDIAN however did. Traps are the same as they were last season, so is long bow, the only thing that changed is the heavy light trait. Which has nothing to do with damage.

Damage is the same as it was last season, complainers just need something to complain about since they need to justify why they aren’t winning.

you’re lying. Symbol DH is a direct result of the recent buffs. Nobody here is talking about Longbow/GS or trapper DH. the problem is Symbol DH combined with the overpowered Purification heal.

you’re either purposely trying to derail the focus on this overpowered build or you’re just ignorant about your own profession.

(edited by sinject.4607)

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Legiion.7385

Its so funny that i played this build before hot and the big condichanges arrives with the same result.
Its the same but with DH.
Now all Start whining cuz they dont know how to counter this build xD.(CC and kiting)

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Supreme.3164

At this point I am pretty confident guardian is going to get a nerf. Yet, I doubt it will be a meaningful one.

The insane healing will likely continue to be a prevailing issue for all classes until the next expansion which will sell because I have to admit their pve is pretty fun compared to other mmorpg and well done. So we will have another crazy shift in the meta that will most definitely be a power creep as if the skills are useless, no-one will buy the expansion given how bad HoT was.

You give yourself too much credit.

Anet nerfs things to keep pvers engaged in pvp..not because their changes have a solid pvp foundation behind them, if that’d would be the case…we wouldn’t have things like HoT specs to start with

They only care about your money and not your enjoyment and as I always said :" nerf A then play B", without ele and scrappers..there is dh and druid..without dh and druid..something else will emerge to hold points typically shield chrono & CO

Did the nerfs to ele do any good to you?…NO, did scrapper nerfs do any good for you?..NO…Will any nerf ever do any good to you?..lol NO ofc no, once you nerf all the counter, your profession automatically becomes the easiest to play and players will flock it..am I the only one who get it?

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Please, many many many DH don’t run the same build.

We see some marauder, some menders, some berzerker, some paladin (yeah, really), some carrion, some wanderers…

Most of all build use sword and shield or mace focus, so you don’t even know if it’s a mender sustain or a dps one until you fight them.

If they play with Bow, they don’t play the best optimized DH build.

It’s funny, some people cry because DH is unkillable while others cry because they die to them.

This is a good sign, that Guardian got buff enough to get viable in META right now.

Even, Vanilla Core Guardian can be something again.

What is kittenly broken is REV or Druid that can sustain like a mender guard but do damage like a marauder one.

Or Reaper, Warrior sustain like mender guard but can condi burst you faster than a condi guard (or kill you faster than a marauder one).

So, Please NERF HoT and give us back BUILD OPTIONS.

id like to know what sustain reapers have when the match starts. because not everyone can build up our shroud instantly like every other classes sustain happens when the match begins.

im bad at sarcasm

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Rita.6230

Rita.6230

and

No smart DH would ever use full trap build. That would be just suicidal.
I would say it’s quite balanced, most of the time i’m having balanced fights that last long and end up with either me or the opponent dying because of some lucky crits or just unfortunate choice of skill rotations. You just need to know how to do it with your class.

ps. try using your keyboard to activate skills instead of clicking them, even that might help you at start…

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Legiion.7385

ps. try using your keyboard to activate skills instead of clicking them, even that might help you at start…

Pro Tip O:

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

The trait carrying Guardian sustain is either their aegis sources/numerous blocks or their new DH trait that lets them removed a condition as they block. (A trait that makes condition builds useless against them entirely which is good.) The issue is that they should sacrifice blocks for condition removal not block with ridiculous condition removal.

LMAO That trait is not new its been there since HOT release. And its has a 1 sec CD.

And to say it makes conditions builds useless against it is Hyperbole at its best.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

I was referring new as in new content (HoT content) sorry for the misunderstanding.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Guardian/dh need to loose to every non guardian player.. then guardian gets balanced.

I dont use traps that much but when ic every one rush mindless to the traps(one has animation and other a huge anoying sound when casted) knowing im a DH with traps… i dont know what to say… pobably players from other classes got carried for to long, now that theres more options on the table they rage instead of adapt.

DH/gs/medi trap counters DD, but DD can counter other guardian builds, sometimes player just need to change weapon to be more effective against a class.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: DesuNyan.4783

DesuNyan.4783

Dmaw is good pressure, but theres better pressure classes, like comparing maw to tornado/moa is night and day, thief dmg pressure is more as long as thief knows what hes doing.

Then countering it is like just run some form of stability or minion and proc it, then once its down he only has possible focus 5 3 blocks and 5 seconds of shield of courage then donezo, dying to dmaw is basically like, I ran into this fight being greedy with cooldowns, I should learn when to preemptively use defensives to counter enemies dmg potential.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Actually if your 3 vs 3 whoever gets stuck in a dragons Maw is dead. It takes half a second of letting your defenses down and you cant dodge. All you can do is block and hope the guardian doesn’t use judgment during it. Guardian is the only class with dodge/skill interrupting fields. (something I am heavily against). Barriers should restrict movement and dodging inside these should be like dodging onto a wall not resulting in interruption.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Videos from 3 months and 9 months ago respectively, which tells me that you still haven’t learned to blindly run into a point with a guard on it in nearly a year.

Also at first I thought you were clicking because it was just a demo and you were lazy…but you legit click to play in all your videos, which makes me very sad.

(edited by Ubik.8315)

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Zelulose.8695

Your angry, I understand, you slandering me shows this. You don’t have the ability to make DH not look op so you try to discredit the people who call it out. But it won’t work as they really are too common in Pvp right now. Making fun of my lazy skill clicking (Which if you haven’t realized is an attempt to show how brain-dead this game is) Will get you know where. When I play seriously I have my skills key-bound to a razor mouse for clarification. But I refuse to put out effort until I have to. Add me some time and duel me. We will see if the cheesy state of GW2 builds even makes me use my razor. The only game that has forced me to key-bind for speed to win is LoL or swordsman online. (If you think about it I have above 50% win rate skill clicking isn’t something wrong with that? I’m being carried by DH right now its too easy I don’t even have to try) That is the message I’m trying to get across.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

So should I make a video that shows a thief dodging over a set of traps? A warrior using block? Traps are the last thing people should be complaining about with DHs.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

So should I make a video that shows a thief dodging over a set of traps? A warrior using block? Traps are the last thing people should be complaining about with DHs.

Because CD on traps and instant aoe is sooooooooooooo long rrright? Not to mention traps have bigger size than dodge range so you still get hit by some.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

abaddon.3290

make a video about a necro doing it with no shroud at the start. im curious. ive killed guardians but only because they werent very good.

im bad at sarcasm

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Dragon Hunter can also dodge… So that is not an argument. The DH just has too much sustain, condi-clear, blocks and CCs for the spike damage it can unleash.

Elementalists may well dance around traps all they want but they don’t do half the damage of a Dragon Hunter while using 10 times as many skills.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: DesuNyan.4783

DesuNyan.4783

Nooo not whoever gets stuck in a maw is dead, its not guarenteed and if ur talking with that full combo bs, that said dh is dead immediately after too… Basically you get 1 maw a fight, and if u use it on ele its a waste, scrapper its a waste and another guardian or berserker its a waste. Druids can also stab thru it, thieves and mesmers in particular dont like it and an early game reaper with no shroud.

Maw is frowned in high mmr cause of its lack of the impact u were saying cause you slowly go from killing 1 person a fight to dying everyfight.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

Dragon Hunter can also dodge… So that is not an argument. The DH just has too much sustain, condi-clear, blocks and CCs for the spike damage it can unleash.

Elementalists may well dance around traps all they want but they don’t do half the damage of a Dragon Hunter while using 10 times as many skills.

oh yhea , we have god scrapper resssbot unkillable with a paladin amulet , we have ubercondispam from mesmer , we have war that is all about passive things that make him hard to kill , we have druid with his healing capacity op as kitten , but the problem is dh…. dat logic

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

sinject.4607

oh yhea , we have god scrapper resssbot unkillable with a paladin amulet , we have ubercondispam from mesmer , we have war that is all about passive things that make him hard to kill , we have druid with his healing capacity op as kitten , but the problem is dh…. dat logic

• Scrapper has seen a slew of nerfs that have cemented it in a well balanced position.
  • Mesmer’s condition application is very well broadcasted and the gaps between their defensive mechanics (distortion/evasion/stealth) are large and easily exploited, especially considering their Light armor tiering.
  • Warrior has also seen various nerfs to utility, damage, and sustain, although they still could use a shave here and there, much like DH.
  • Druid is incredibly susceptible to team focus and CC, although Bristleback and Smokescale could still do with a shave to their damage output.

gonna have to repeat this for the DH players out there for the third time apparently: other professions being imbalanced does not excuse your own profession being overpowered, especially when it’s in the highest tier of overpowered.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

So I’m seeing people QQ that necros die in 1s..

As a necro I’m dropping DH’s pretty easily.

Must be I’m getting a skewed view and just seeing the terribad DH’s drop like flies..
I am seeing my team mates losing 3 vs 1 and stupid stuff like that.. so.. Who knows.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

abaddon.3290

So I’m seeing people QQ that necros die in 1s..

As a necro I’m dropping DH’s pretty easily.

Must be I’m getting a skewed view and just seeing the terribad DH’s drop like flies..
I am seeing my team mates losing 3 vs 1 and stupid stuff like that.. so.. Who knows.

as a necro i drop some bad dh’s. but if they put all their traps down and pull me into it to 1 hit me its gg. im having more issues with his teamates then him. i have to focus him or else his traps get off cd and if i focus him his teamates will completely destroy me while hes just healing himself up constantly.

im bad at sarcasm

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

• Scrapper has seen a slew of nerfs that have cemented it in a well balanced position.
  • Mesmer’s condition application is very well broadcasted and the gaps between their defensive mechanics (distortion/evasion/stealth) are large and easily exploited, especially considering their Light armor tiering.
  • Warrior has also seen various nerfs to utility, damage, and sustain, although they still could use a shave here and there, much like DH.
  • Druid is incredibly susceptible to team focus and CC, although Bristleback and Smokescale could still do with a shave to their damage output.

gonna have to repeat this for the DH players out there for the third time apparently: other professions being imbalanced does not excuse your own profession being overpowered, especially when it’s in the highest tier of overpowered.

I have one of every class, my opinion is not biased. DH is just the easiest and most rewarding class to play. Yes I am aware that the Druids and Mesmers are also problematic. Tempest is just so kittenty at this point it’s not even worth discussing.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

I stopped caring today, after 4 years. I was easy kill for a guardian far from me, with traps in the middle of a road.

Anet killed the fun. Game is too easy and it’s promoting grind and crowd control with cheesy mechanics. From start to present day this has become just another kiddie game with nothing complex to it (such as teamwork, positioning, combos, etc.); and as a player I am truly sorry about this.

I wish a lot of fun to all players. I hope most players will be reaching legend (alone, because they like it), get whatever items they want and be happy about it.

@Anet: watch Blizz how they lost old players with singleplayer promoting, cheesy mechanics, lots of crowd control and poor design, because they listened to children and their simplistic feedback with requests for more CC. They even created a movie in hopes for getting old players back, and proved to be a bad investment because they lost trust in many years.

Best wishes to all.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

I stopped caring today, after 4 years. I was easy kill for a guardian far from me, with traps in the middle of a road.

Anet killed the fun. Game is too easy and it’s promoting grind and crowd control with cheesy mechanics. From start to present day this has become just another kiddie game with nothing complex to it (such as teamwork, positioning, combos, etc.); and as a player I am truly sorry about this.

I wish a lot of fun to all players. I hope most players will be reaching legend (alone, because they like it), get whatever items they want and be happy about it.

@Anet: watch Blizz how they lost old players with singleplayer promoting, cheesy mechanics, lots of crowd control and poor design, because they listened to children and their simplistic feedback with requests for more CC. They even created a movie in hopes for getting old players back, and proved to be a bad investment because they lost trust in many years.

Best wishes to all.

See ya in a week

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Traps should have an arming time of 3-5 seconds after laying them down. Would fix a lot.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

I USED … not played against … USED Guardian in pvp with a trap medi Longbow build and I felt like a GOD (sadly).. there was probably no reason for anyone to even come near me since once the traps hit them they either melted, or if they could get away, I would simply shoot them once for the kill and reset my traps for the next person. Something that happen in about 7 out of 10 matches is that the other team would simply give up on the point and not even bother since the build (which I have seen others using) is insanely cheese. Even if my health was dropped down to half or a bit lower .. I would somehow heal to 100% in the blink of an eye, meaning that my opponent who put in the effort and got me down low, while getting low himself will not recover his HP as quickly as I will and will most likely lose the fight. Not to mention one match where I tried a Burn Dragonhunter Build, same thing happened.. no one botered going to the point after a while and with only 7 stacks of burn, if my opponent was unable to cleanse, it would only take 4 to 5 ticks to down them. There is no way this is Balanced in the slightest.

I’m making this Topic because I like a challenge and I like a fight, not having the upper hand simply because my class is, without a doubt, stronger and simply makes no sense to fight.

sure, you had great fun in hotjoin right ?

try playing dh in season 4 till legendary and then come back and tell us how you did.

Who cares about the Legendary players? You guys are the 1%-ers. The game should be balanced for the majority of the players. (Due to this logic we dont have Solo Q only, cause too few players join as groups. I could prolly find the official statement if needed).

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Ragmon.6350

Ragmon.6350

Traps should have an arming time of 3-5 seconds after laying them down. Would fix a lot.

Dude, 2 of the traps dont even have cast time. A 1/2 Second cast time would be enough.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Dude, 2 of the traps dont even have cast time. A 1/2 Second cast time would be enough.

I know I main a guard with over 8k hours played on him. Traps are just no skill spam.
1 guard in a team is fair game, but as soon as there are 2 or 3 its redicilous
the whole trap stuff is just bad game design that should never have existed anyway

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Posted by: MagneHyakulegger.1064

MagneHyakulegger.1064

Nonprofessional players can beat “overpowered” things by simply improving at the game! Professional players are not given that opportunity since they are at the peak. Therefore, the game should be balanced toward professional players.

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Aeolus.3615

The isssue is not the DH traps…
There are 2 reasons why some players on some classes are being instagibed by traps, one is the pvp balance that forced pvp team to remove trinkets that were ok in some classes due being to strong on others, the other is that many people were used to face smash oponoents with gimmick build (being carried for to long with their builds with those stats that were to much on that class).

Now theres something that counters squishy builds or makes them to change the way how they spam skills, every one panics, still linked to initial problem, those players cant adapt much due dependace on stats that were removed, and cant improve their build due stats that got removed, so a few classes dont have much options to choose from being squishy, wich is meat bags for DH (class works very well in power creep situation only).

DH has awfull sustain if u know how to counter it, and theres only one trap that does good/very good damage, and if the DH not using stability f2,f3, are easilly disrupted,

PS: Also the only skill guardian received for sustain was a block on mace.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Nerf Guardian PVP

in PvP

Aeolus.3615

./forumbugfix