Engi are ruining PvP! Pls Do something!

in PvP

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

If you are not able to kill daily casual turret engi you are simply very very bad players. You know what happend if turrets get nerfed? Nothing. Casuals will jump on other cheesy build and you will still get killed by rest pro engis out there:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Casuals will jump on other cheesy build

No way? That happens? :O

And here I thought the Lyssa Hambow from the old days was supah skilled and hard to use :O

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

And here I thought the Lyssa Hambow from the old days was supah skilled and hard to use :O

Speaking of… Since the nerf to stability, I wonder if they could revert the Nerf a bit and make it a viable but not OP alternative again.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: someone.7485

someone.7485

Seriously people! Actually communicate before a match.

This is like saying “Hey, if you ready up, the match will start quicker” – which might be desirable, but how many times does it happen?

In the time I have been playing, the odds that you got people communicating at the start, telling roles and builds can be count on one hand…
Sad? Maybe, but it is the truth…

Also, as much as I like try to stay unbiased on the forums, the numerous amounts of “Daily Engineer” and the obvious growing popularity of the build are starting to get to me more and more…

The poor communication is my point. I use turret engi to get peoples attention because turret engi thrives on a lack of communication. It seems like most people are just reading the thread title and are actually missing my point. I find you stand a better chance of winning if everyone communicates before the game starts. It is difficult to communicate during the game, but you can use the mini-map for some fast communication.

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

i have no idea wtf im talking about

I like to sing and hold my tea cup.

We can all change quotes. I’ve been talking a lot about teamfights. Again, just add one of the many players claiming that turrets aren’t too strong and play with them. See if their claims are justified.

in PvP

Posted by: Wile.5024

Wile.5024

Better communication helps and gives a better chance of winning – yes, this is true for any game ever.

Is it an valid argument not to nerf turret engi? No it is not.

in PvP

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

It’s probably not even “on the table”

in PvP

Posted by: VillainInGlasses.2946

VillainInGlasses.2946

Good communication is needed to win the game(Your words).

The build that does not need any type of communication is the build you are playing. Turret engineers need not communicate. They go set their turrets in points. drop supply crate if enemy comes and run around.

In the first Apex vs SPN match, the thief goes to decap far which is a free point. all 5 of the opponents are in mid. But he looses 50% of health to the turrets as he tries to take out each of them. So you mean to say that a build were a player is not needed to damage is okay?

We are not finding fault on a class. Engi is great but the kitten turrets are overpowered.
All i ask is those turrets should not attack if the kitten engi is not in a particular range.

But you dont worry you guys are getting flying turrets soon.

Elementalist – Sylvari

in PvP

Posted by: Mooncow.6847

Mooncow.6847

This is like saying “Hey, if you ready up, the match will start quicker” – which might be desirable, but how many times does it happen?

In the time I have been playing, the odds that you got people communicating at the start, telling roles and builds can be count on one hand…

Also, as much as I like try to stay unbiased on the forums, the numerous amounts of “Daily Engineer” and the obvious growing popularity of the build are starting to get to me more and more…

The poor communication is my point. I use turret engi to get peoples attention because turret engi thrives on a lack of communication. It seems like most people are just reading the thread title and are actually missing my point. I find you stand a better chance of winning if everyone communicates before the game starts. It is difficult to communicate during the game, but you can use the mini-map for some fast communication.

You use turret engi because you want to win. Don’t pretend otherwise

in PvP

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Condi is the way to beat turret engineer

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Speaking of… Since the nerf to stability, I wonder if they could revert the Nerf a bit and make it a viable but not OP alternative again.

Chances of Hambow getting buffed are close to zero…

Also, it is a decent build – but simply cannot hold its own within the Cele meta

By the way, something that annoys me greatly, because Warrior hammer is and will always stay my favourite weapon in the game…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: PlennyD.1429

PlennyD.1429

Did you even watch the vid?

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

if the heal(turret) was a 30% longer CD…. it would be balanced.

in PvP

someone.7485

I never implied anything else and I personally see nothing wrong with wanting to win. Winning is fun, and the way I play turret engi is fun for me (not all turrets). I play the distraction engi. I want to distract as many opposing players for as long as possible so my team has the numbers advantage at the other fights. PvP is generally a game mode that players do whatever it takes to win, while not violating the EULA. Engi is my main and it only has nades or turrets to choose from. Turret engi is one of the best builds to carry bad teams with. I have won multiple 4v5 with turret engis.

I am just stating my frustration with the lack of communication before and during games. I am also stating that the turret engi thrives on this lack of communication. I am only pointing out the issues with turret engi would be lessened significantly if people would just communicate. Now, if I have not said it enough in this thread:

PEOPLE NEED TO COMMUNICATE MORE BEFORE AND DURING MATCHES.

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

I never implied anything else and I personally see nothing wrong with wanting to win. Winning is fun, and the way I play turret engi is fun for me (not all turrets). I play the distraction engi. I want to distract as many opposing players for as long as possible so my team has the numbers advantage at the other fights. PvP is generally a game mode that players do whatever it takes to win, while not violating the EULA. Engi is my main and it only has nades or turrets to choose from. Turret engi is one of the best builds to carry bad teams with. I have won multiple 4v5 with turret engis.

I am just stating my frustration with the lack of communication before and during games. I am also stating that the turret engi thrives on this lack of communication. I am only pointing out the issues with turret engi would be lessened significantly if people would just communicate. Now, if I have not said it enough in this thread:

because people who solo-q can just communicate so easily via voice comm, right?

Dont try to explain so much about WHY you chose turrent engi, sure it’s fun winning, but for you it’s also about winning effortlessly compare to other classes/builds.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The issue here is bugs and map design. Engineers being able to place turrets in mid-air should probably be fixed— nerfing their damage doesn’t change the fact they can put it in mid-air!

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in PvP

someone.7485

because people who solo-q can just communicate so easily via voice comm, right?

Dont try to explain so much about WHY you chose turrent engi, sure it’s fun winning, but for you it’s also about winning effortlessly compare to other classes/builds.

So rather than even trying before the match starts everyone just sits there twiddling their thumbs. Yes it is more difficult to type or draw on the map, but you should at least give it a try.

The amount of effort needed does not matter to me, it is effectiveness that matters when it comes to winning.

in PvP

someone.7485

They merge them all into one.

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Seriously, how can people accept that turret engineers end up in any finals, and LOSE. Clearly the build is OP. Did you see how the game was close/!?!?! That is wrong, any game with a turret engineer should be that team getting demolished. Balance.

in PvP

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

It wasn’t on stream but SNP defeated Genesis. The latter has experienced and good players yet still couldn’t handle the troll :p

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Seriously, how can people accept that turret engineers end up in any finals, and LOSE. Clearly the build is OP. Did you see how the game was close/!?!?! That is wrong, any game with a turret engineer should be that team getting demolished. Balance.

Let’s just say the same people who screwed Warrior for a year with the Frenzy nerf back when Quickness was the only thing making Warrior viable are the same talentless people balancing this game even today.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

You know I appreciate a good Engi, I love fighting a rifle or pistol build. They are a strong adversary for me. Turret engis are another animal. I can beat them but with any other heat on me I will go down.

Enter the Engi daily, lol ohhh dear, three engis all running turrets, sigh. I am not sure what can be done here I know anet doesnt want to nerf the turret engi out of existence but its got some balancing issues.

in PvP

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Ahh the daily engineer QQ post. The real reason why Engineers run turrets is because they want to show off their back pieces that normally get covered by the hobo sack. If we can’t show off our back pieces with kits our only option is turrets.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: timemaninjail.2657

timemaninjail.2657

As ArenaNet has said in past interviews, they want to make gw2 friendly to all players. This means having builds (ahem Turret Engineers) that can make bad players compete on the same level as good players. I want turret engineers to be nerfed as much as anyone else, but it won’t happen. Not like what I’m saying will make any difference though, Anet probably won’t even read this post :P.

That is so false, bad player will always lose to better player.

in PvP

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

since there is soo many of us talking about turret engis and we have no reply from anet.. i am going to tell you guys how to leave your turrets in mid air.

Activate your turret on the ground but as soon as the animation start jump. it will place the turret in mid air. See example down below…

Hopefully this will bring it to their attention. Hopefully they will work on the kitten engineers

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

As ArenaNet has said in past interviews, they want to make gw2 friendly to all players. This means having builds (ahem Turret Engineers) that can make bad players compete on the same level as good players. I want turret engineers to be nerfed as much as anyone else, but it won’t happen. Not like what I’m saying will make any difference though, Anet probably won’t even read this post :P.

That is so false, bad player will always lose to better player.

That’s not possible. That is to say, a better player will always beat a “bad” player (which is subjective in its own as to what constitutes bad), and win ratios just don’t come out that way. Even though this game is more skill oriented than a lot of MMOs out there, it didn’t get the name “Build wars” for nothing. That, and there’s still a significant amount of luck that goes into it.

Skill is an edge, and that edge can be pretty big, but when 60% of your damage comes from objects, you sometimes have to admit, someone might have lost from luck and mechanics rather than being outplayed.

All of that said, I still don’t hate turrets. I like area denial as a concept, and tower defense is sort of an interesting take on it. There is real risk in overly relying on an immobile object (and by real risk I mean it can’t very well be compensated for, unlike the squishiness of anzerker thief or guardian who has sufficient tools that can curb that weakness with sufficient knowledge and skill). Plus it’s nice for players to feel like they don’t have to be 17 and a twitch God just to compete. In fact, I’m highly against that notion, not only because it alienates people, but the faster paced and twitchier things are the more luck is involved.

Overall, I think turrets need to be reduced in personal AA power, buff the active damage a bit, lower turret cooldowns a bit to promote rotating (or make picking them up reduce cool downs closer to 50-70% instead of 25%[?]). And maybe change the Turret barrels from a turret damage buff to instead make your own attacks deal power based damage based on the number of turret utilities you run (sort of like a shot gun) that would also promote other amulet types such as celestial/zerker by making more of the engineers damage scale by stats.

There are ways to handle it and make it fun and interesting without demolishing it in a fit of rage. Put on your thinking caps instead of crying for build obliterations. That’s all.

(Note: This isn’t all directed at the quoted person.)

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

Its not about bad player vs bad players or good players vs bad players. Its about the mechanic of the play style. It prevent anyone to obtain potential pvp skills. All this style does is makes you rely on multiple NPCs to do your work. Your rifle is there just to provide additional as it does decent amount of cc.

Now if there is to change this style (which prevents players from playing pvp) then it will provide a huge relieve to the playerbase.

Honestly having 3 turret engi has ruined my pvp experience… I have won 8/10 of my games doing this…

in PvP

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

they have it traited for their turrets to last abit longer – otherwise engi turrets are weak, just use stability & get in their turrets & aoe it- end of story, they have 30-60 sec cds & you have yourself a dead engi & you can stop qqing

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Cele engi no skill gets carried by amulet.
Mesmer very skillful fire air procs from 1200 range just kite engi for days they can’t land a single grenade and the only reliable pressure is rifle auto which hits like potato.
Seems balanced to me.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Cele engi no skill gets carried by amulet.
Mesmer very skillful fire air procs from 1200 range just kite engi for days they can’t land a single grenade and the only reliable pressure is rifle auto which hits like potato.
Seems balanced to me.

LOL, you are really gonna get salty on mesmer fire and air procs. Also aside from legacy of the Foefire, engi grenades can cover an entire point on every, single, map. Not to mention the only grenades that give an AOE circle, are poison, and grenade barrage, the rest you can’t til if its your engis nades, or the other teams. So yeah, cele engi gets carried by its cheesy amulet, stupid CC from rifle, and slick shoes, Blocks on a super short CD compared to every other class in the game, and still has one of the best heal skills in the game.

Please don’t try saying it’s harder to be a cele engi, than a mesmer. Because 95%of the pvp population will completely disagree with you. +

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

The only thing that makes mesmer harder is getting ganked by thieves and such things.
Also covering a node doesn’t mean anything if the guy attacking you is off node pelting away and you can’t do anything about it.

Also the grenades aren’t invisible. You can see where they come from and it’s pretty obvious who throws them. Unless you are in the clusterkitten of aoe spam that is the node and then you clearly can’t position properly. They don’t have aoe indicator for a good reason. If they had, there would be so many red circles you wouldn’t know from what they are from.