Nerf moa

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

Ok this skill is really annoying with 0 counterplay .
I dont get why is mesmer not beeing look at?
They have the 2 best skills in the game, moa counters all transformations, and also kills all minions from necro if im not mistaken.
This skill is really op and decides team fights its like you r a siting duck for 10 seconds and there is notbing u can do.
Im not even talking about beeing able to use moa twice thats just crazy.
I just dont get why it takes so long to nerf op specs or amulets or skills, it really takes forever for them to see this?
How long took them to nerf turrets? Or automated response or diamond skin? Players make treads after treads and even complained even before the changes but i think they just dont listen.
Ok i remember they wanted to add perplex runes to pvp , but after we complained then they decided not to add them. But that was the only time i can remember that they listen the comunity in time.

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I think 2 things need to happen:
1. elites shouldn’t be affected by split
2. spells in moa form need some kind of buff

Moa was kind of Ok due to long CD, chrono killed that trade off.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Elites shouldn’t be affected by split

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Moa can be dodged, blocked, and blinded.

In addition to massive telegraph.

NSPride <3

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Not to mention LOS’d which is fairly easy on many maps.

Continuum Split is the central part of the Chronomancer. To make it not affect elites would be to destroy the central theme of Chronomancy.

I’ll say it again. Double Moa uses up the Mesmer’s two biggest cooldowns, leaving them weakened for a considerable time. A skilled player isn’t going to do that very often.

There’s a lot of counterplay to Moa. This freak out about Moa is gaining momentum, but it’s based on paranoia and not fact.

Mesmerising Girl

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: Undo.5091

Undo.5091

you r a siting duck for 10 seconds

Don’t you mean sitting moa?
(It had to happen)
—————————-
In all seriousness though, it probably shouldn’t be affected by CS.

Engineer (XIII) (KoTR)
Darkhaven

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

While it normally is well telegraphed one should remember that Mesmer has stealth and can obstruct itself in teammates’ particle effects or even in bushes depending on the map.

Nerf moa

in PvP

Razor.9872

While it normally is well telegraphed one should remember that Mesmer has stealth and can obstruct itself in teammates’ particle effects or even in bushes depending on the map.

Like a thief backstab, one should anticipate the delay between mesmer stealth and then moa.

True, it’s hard at the moment, but that is because it is relatively new (as far as widely-used is concerned) in comparison to backstabs. It’s a timing thing that we all have to acquaint to.

NSPride <3

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’d also note that it is quite possible to kill a Mesmer while in moa form. It’s not as if a moa is helpless.

A Mesmer alone has a tough time producing enough DPS to kill a Moa if they were in good health prior to the Polymorph Other.

Mesmerising Girl

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

Both sides are true, in part.
The introduction of continuum split turned Moa into a super strong skill of a much lower cd than its original. But nerfing moa directly will result in a bigger nerf to core mes as opposed to chrono.
On the other side, yes moa can already be dodged/blinded/lo’sd etc. But both the visual and the sound queues of this elite are super difficult to make out in the middle of a fight. Try and hear or see the moa over a chaos storm. And 3 clones.
Maybe make continuum split have a cast time (I don’t really quite like that idea myself) or don’t allow for cont split to be cast during other casts or make it more visible/bigger. I dunno something along those lines.

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Continuum Split is the central part of the Chronomancer. To make it not affect elites would be to destroy the central theme of Chronomancy.

Rip chill tho, so its not like it matters at all to Anet when balancing

Attachments:

M I L K B O I S

Nerf moa

in PvP

Razor.9872

The introduction of continuum split turned Moa into a super strong skill of a much lower cd than its original. But nerfing moa directly will result in a bigger nerf to core mes as opposed to chrono.
On the other side, yes moa can already be dodged/blinded/lo’sd etc. But both the visual and the sound queues of this elite are super difficult to make out in the middle of a fight. Try and hear or see the moa over a chaos storm. And 3 clones.
Maybe make continuum split have a cast time (I don’t really quite like that idea myself) or don’t allow for cont split to be cast during other casts or make it more visible/bigger. I dunno something along those lines.

That sounds reasonable. Or perhaps make the continuum rift left behind more visible somehow?

NSPride <3

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

That sounds reasonable. Or perhaps make the continuum rift left behind more visible somehow?

Do you know how tanky it is? I play maraduer thief and i can’t kill it fast enough. I tried xD

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

So many complaints about the Mesmer. As my Mesmer is pretty much my main character the last thing I’d like to see is a nerf.

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

So many complaints about the Mesmer. As my Mesmer is pretty much my main character the last thing I’d like to see is a nerf.

If everything that’s overpowered is brought in line you could still shine on it. You’d still have portal for important plays, shield and the cooldown reset to go for another one, and lots of great zoning, support, and control skills via the wells. That’s not even counting confusion and other conditions. Last time people said Mesmers were leaving the meta I said they weren’t, and the moa condi Chrono was meta. One ability (an ultimate at that) being brought in line isn’t going to compromise your class’s inherent strengths.

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

They should remove or completely redo CS, then buff other aspects of chrono if they aren’t going to take a nerf bat to all elite specs.

Today it’s Moa, tomorrow it’s time warp, the day after its signet of illusions. The 3 months after that it’ll be whatever nice underpowered stuff ANet buffed to make useable but now it’s doubled up on and is unable to be balanced by numbers.

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

And what about making CS just affect casts started after it? This way the CS moa is way more noticeable and its also harder to set up.

M I L K B O I S

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

People complain about Mesmer’s moa signet but I find the tempest’s ridiculous healing ability to be a much bigger problem.

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

And what about making CS just affect casts started after it? This way the CS moa is way more noticeable and its also harder to set up.

CS moa is already one of the most noticeable combos in the game. Why not make the skills simply do nothing?

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

spelling moa when near to complete —→F5 --—>moa again, this skill can moa two times even if mesmer don’t not have any clone. dodge!? block!? is funny. Only if the player of mesmer is very suck.

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

3 mesmer can make 5 moa in same time, i think this is not a pvp, like a farm more. lol

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

First off, it does have reasonable counterplay (in the form of telegraph), you just have to be a good enough of a player to catch the animation.

Secondly, and more on topic, the biggest nerf to the chrono moa is to nerf CS. This would effectively increase the cooldown of the moa form. If you nerfed the Signet of Humility itself, you would be harming core mesmer. This is the most reasonable suggestion I could come up with.

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Nerf moa

in PvP

Posted by: Pixid.2817

Pixid.2817

It is a pretty absurd skill. I feel like it lasts ~3 seconds too long, and the idea of them doing another to someone is insane to me. Doesn’t break on damage, doesnt have any downsides (other than taking up a slot), doesnt require any commitment to build or weap. It’s a cool ability and a cool idea, just seems very out of place in a game where CC in general lasts no more than 2-3 seconds.

On another note, the ability to use any cooldown twice is inherently difficult to balance, as it opens up so many options. Not only that, but as a mesmer player its one of the most stressful things to manage, planning out your cooldowns, position, portal position, etc. All in all, feels stressful to low end/new people playing mesmer, and unfair and too easy to people playing against it. Balance is a concept that can’t really be achieved in a game like this, but both ends having less fun seems like a bad mechanic.