New Dishonor

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Why did the Devs think not accepting a queue is a reason to give people dishonor?

I mean really, sometimes the queue can take a decent amount of time, and if you choose not to accept the queue, you get the debuff…

I’m not sure how many of these stacks it takes to prevent queuing, but if this means that missing a queue while taking a leak means I can’t requeue when I get back to my computer, I’ll be kittened. Pun intended.

Seriously, only give players dishonor for LEAVING A MATCH. There is nothing wrong with not pressing the “accept” button when your queue pops. In fact, I thought it was there to avoid afk at the beginning of a match.

Just to be clear, it wasn’t enough to force us to stay in HoTM for pvp queue, but now we are also forced to sit in our chair for the duration of our queue to avoid nasty surprises when getting back to our computers.

Maybe, I misread the patch notes. Please tell me that is the case. Otherwise, DAFAQ!

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

one of the people I queue sometimes forgets to click queue a lot.. so I can see this being a bit sensitive for us to deal with in the future.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

one of the people I queue sometimes forgets to click queue a lot.. so I can see this being a bit sensitive for us to deal with in the future.

yeah exactly if someone misses it the whole party has to wait to reque again -.-

New Dishonor

in PvP

Loboling.5293

yeah exactly if someone misses it the whole party has to wait to reque again -.-

If the new system is as severe as it seems, the whole group will have to wait the duration of the debuff or queue without their friend. GG

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Because if you don’t accept the queue, you’re asking 9 other human being to waste a few minutes in the queue again?

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

New Dishonor

in PvP

Loboling.5293

Actually, if you had never queued, they would be waiting all the same. A game can only begin when 10 players are ready for a match. If one player queues and after 5 minutes 9 others queue, but the first leaves, they will now have to wait for the 10th player. In the end, its the same result. The dishonor debuff should be reserved for doing things dishonorably, like giving up or leaving a match.

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

stop wasting my time

when you take a leak
when you make unjustified complaint threads
when you go all ciggy butt brain

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Queue go smoke a cig, come back dishonored no beuno.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Smoke before queing? man… too much excuses in life. you are making it hard for yourself. seriously.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

DOTA and LOL do it. I take this as a sign that anet is trying (emphasis on trying) to take their game seriously as they push for e-sports.

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: MAN.9046

MAN.9046

DOTA and LOL do it. I take this as a sign that anet is trying (emphasis on trying) to take their game seriously as they push for e-sports.

emphasises trying some more
tryharding
done :^)

RIP
FeelsBadMan

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Because if you don’t accept the queue, you’re asking 9 other human being to waste a few minutes in the queue again?

Yabbit the time to accept is too short.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

What I do not like about this new dishonor system that punishes “not accepting” queue is that it limits our freedom even more.

First layer: we can’t queue out of the Heart of the Mist.
Second layer: we can’t go away from the keyboard to do anything while the queue is there.
Conclusion: Heart of the Mist is a jail, and we are its prisoners.

Alerie Despins

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Why did the Devs think not accepting a queue is a reason to give people dishonor?

I mean really, sometimes the queue can take a decent amount of time, and if you choose not to accept the queue, you get the debuff…

I’m not sure how many of these stacks it takes to prevent queuing, but if this means that missing a queue while taking a leak means I can’t requeue when I get back to my computer, I’ll be kittened. Pun intended.

Seriously, only give players dishonor for LEAVING A MATCH. There is nothing wrong with not pressing the “accept” button when your queue pops. In fact, I thought it was there to avoid afk at the beginning of a match.

Just to be clear, it wasn’t enough to force us to stay in HoTM for pvp queue, but now we are also forced to sit in our chair for the duration of our queue to avoid nasty surprises when getting back to our computers.

Maybe, I misread the patch notes. Please tell me that is the case. Otherwise, DAFAQ!

if you take a “leak” ; Leave the queue

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I am quite surprised, seems a very player unfriendly way to implement a dishonour system.

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

I’m glad it works like this.

When the matchmaker finds a group of 10 for a match, and then 1 person doesn’t join, the other 9 end up at the back of the queue in addition to the 1 who didn’t accept.

The solution for avoiding dishonor is simple: if you need to leave the keyboard while in queue, leave the queue. Rejoin when you get back and can commit 15 or 20 minutes to playing.

Thank you Anet for respecting my time and penalizing people who don’t.

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Smoke before queing? man… too much excuses in life. you are making it hard for yourself. seriously.

Well I didn’t do it. Just coming up with a situation to show I understand. I don’t have to make it hard for myself =)

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Good. Maybe we won’t get so many people abandoning queue

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Theloseronian.2075

Theloseronian.2075

Is the queue system not able to find a replacement player if the 10th one does not accept in time ?
The queue system for Halo 2 did look for replacement players if people left/did not accept during a queue, and with how old that game is I would think all new games work the same, because it is a real neat system.

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

Advice: Don’t leave from your computer until you get match confirmation pop-up. Hit accept and you are free to leave for guaranteed 1,5 mins before match begins.

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

I just experienced my first dishonor and I must say, what the * are these developers smoking.

I have never played a game that punishes you for an action BEFORE you even play the game.

Is there some inside joke on this that we are not getting?

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

There are two optional design approaches for this:

a) individual centered
b) 9/10 or “all the other players”

Option b) results more satisfactory situation for the playerbase than a). If all players require maximum flexibility the resulting system will be unplayable for all.

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: aggelos r.5387

aggelos r.5387

Plz add dishonor at everyone that select skyhammer

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Plz add dishonor at everyone that select skyhammer

LOL DIS GUY. HERE, HAVE A COOKIE.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Cancel queue if you need to pee or smoke give me a break. Also, if you are tabbed out the icon on your tray pulses. This is needed.

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

There are pros and cons to the dishonor system. But either way, if you weren’t ready to queue, don’t queue. If you are in a group, that’s your issue with them if you are not really ready, but to apply that same issue to others outside of your group is even worse. This was meant to cut down this kind of issue so seems to be working. Emergencies will occur, but if they do odds are people are not going to care about getting a penalty. Also as stated above, if need be, wait for the pop and then take care of the situation while waiting for the match to start. PvP has enough hurry and waits without players creating more of them.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

New Dishonor

in PvP

Loboling.5293

I don’t see the advantage of this system, so please explain it to me.

When I think that 10 players need to be ready for a match, if the first one leaves queue the “9 others” will be waiting for a 10th, if the 10th joins before the players rejects the queue, the 9 others will be waiting for one more player, these same players would be waiting the same amount of time if that first player dropped his queue instead of not accepting.

The game will not start before 10 players are ready to play, if player 10 doesn’t accept the queue. Then the system will wait for the 10th player. If he had left queue, the system will wait for the 10th player, and him/her being unaware of any of this is joining at the same time regardless.

I suppose all this does is encourage people to be ready when they queue and wait 3-10 minutes in front of their computer while doing nothing. All so that the estimated time is more accurate. Cause I just don’t see how matched will happen more frequently with this new dishonor system. You might just go through a moment of excitement when the queue pops and you get requeued for 1 minute. But if that player had left the queue, you’d be waiting that same minute.

Now I suppose an argument could be made for the time in queue, as if a new player joined during that time, the players would be forced to wait the duration of the queue before re prompting the accept button.

Well, I’m done with this. I doubt it will affect me much, but I just don’t understand this change, given what the potential loses are for player satisfaction for pvp. I guess, I can always unplug my headphones, and blast the volume while I do pushups or something XD, try and be productive next to my computer.

I wish you all good matches.

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: hurrado.2346

hurrado.2346

I think this was a dumb idea, who hasn’t missed a queue for one reason or another? It doesn’t cost your team the game like someone leaving does and it doesn’t happen all to often but it’s usually not due to intentionally missing it.

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I think this was a dumb idea, who hasn’t missed a queue for one reason or another? It doesn’t cost your team the game like someone leaving does and it doesn’t happen all to often but it’s usually not due to intentionally missing it.

Yep, this exactly. Its slightly annoying if someone drops in queue, but completely frustrating when someone drops out in the actual game. The same punishment is being levelled on “crimes” of completely different proportions.

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Idaku.3894

Idaku.3894

Alright, i came back from a long break and notice this. This “dishonor” Because i was in a game, and D/C 2times but i came back and finished it. BUT it still gave me a 20 minute Dishonor bc it was saying i left. really…

New Dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator

Please remember to check the date of a thread before posting. Commenting on an out of date thread and bumping it to the top of the forums is considered necroposting and is against forum rules. This thread will now be locked. Thank you.