New Heal Speculation? #hype

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

What do you guys think the new heals will do? I can’t wait to see what new/old builds become viable/buffed due to them. Let me take a shot at the Guardian one:

Chalice of Light
Spirit Weapon
Summon an arcane chalice to heal you and your allies.
Activation: 1s
Cooldown: 20s
Duration: 10s
Pulses 3s of Regen to allies within 240 radius of the chalice every 3s.

Command
Command the Chalice of Light to heal you and blind nearby foes. This destroys the chalice.
Healing: 5,400(0.5)
Activation: Instant
Cooldown: 30s
Blind: 5s
Radius: 240

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

…lol

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

bow to your AI overlords, Acandis! now they might even start healing us

Nah, I think a big floating chalice would be cool, in a more casual kinda way. Not really trying to make spirit weapons pvp-viable, last thing we need right now is that.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

(edited by cymerdown.4103)

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Everyone is getting Healing Signet.

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

Heals that cure conditions

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Ranger: Healing Spirit
Guardian: Healing Weapon
Warrior: Healing Shout
Thief: Healing Venom
Elementalist: Healing… Conjure? o.o :O x.X Probably not
Engineer: Healing gadget, maybe an injector of some sort?
Mesmer: Healing PHANTASM WUT?! NerfPLX, Summon Phantasmal Cleric.
Necro: Healing Spectral skill.

Lets see how many I get right. crosses fingers

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Variant.5129

Variant.5129

Rangers with healing signet guys.

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

Ranger:

Signet Heal:

Passive: Heal the Ranger upon Petswap.
Active: AoE Heal centred on Pet location. Works with GM trait ( Power Ranger Support ).

Survival Heal:

Channel heal. Gain stealth & cleanse movement impairments at end of channel if uninterrupted.

Shout Heal:

Small heal. You & your pet’s successful attacks will leech health for X seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Ranger: Healing Spirit
Guardian: Healing Weapon
Warrior: Healing Shout
Thief: Healing Venom
Elementalist: Healing… Conjure? o.o :O x.X Probably not
Engineer: Healing gadget, maybe an injector of some sort?
Mesmer: Healing PHANTASM WUT?! NerfPLX, Summon Phantasmal Cleric.
Necro: Healing Spectral skill.

Lets see how many I get right. crosses fingers

healing conjure: Frost Bow You must mean a Healing Utility slot for a conjure

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

löl

in PvP

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Signet of Indemnity (Mesmer)

Passive: Damage is transferred from you to your clones/phantasms (small amount per second). Having more phantasms/clones up = larger transfer. Cannot lower a clone/phantasm to below 1hp.

Active: Heal yourself

Potentially the active could be ‘shatter all your illusions and gain health equal to x% of the total health of your illusions’. Or something to do with sacrificing them for a heal whose impact depends on the number/state of illusions up.

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

(edited by Asuka Shikinami.5462)

in PvP

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Signet of Attunement/Harmony (Ele)

Passive: Gain health whenever you change attunement.

Active: Recharge all your attunement skills. Heal yourself for each attunement on cooldown.

This could be fascinating if used correctly and help newer players learn the class… just have to be careful with the heal values so it isn’t over the top.

- John Smith

(edited by Asuka Shikinami.5462)

in PvP

CMstorm.8679

Signet of Attunement + Written in Stone would be really nice.

in PvP

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Signet of Attunement + Written in Stone would be really nice.

Definitely, it would allow 30 point into earth without taking such a huge hit from not having as much in water. Written in Stone seems like such a good idea but lacks the impact with most builds to make it worthwhile.

- John Smith

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Honestly, I wish that they’d fix all of the existing heals and utilities before they start making more. Over a year and Thief traps are still absolute pieces of junk that I forgot existed around 8 months ago, and I’m sure other professions have plenty of useless utilities.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I’m sure other professions have plenty of useless utilities.

Or useless heals, does any Ranger ever run Heal as One? Blood Fiend on Necros?

(edited by roamzero.9486)

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

I can only hope, for the future of this game, that the new heals will feature some element that benefits your allies and not much yourself.

in PvP

Posted by: klarkc.3754

klarkc.3754

Thief:

Signet of Healing in Shadow
Active: Turn yourself and allies stealth and immune to conditions for some time.
Passive: Heal X every X seconds.
Activation: Instantly
Cooldown: kitten
Duration: 3s

(edited by klarkc.3754)

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

Did they say they were going to be signets or you kitteners are obsessed with passives lol

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

I was thinking for Engineers it would be some kind of Difibulator Gadget. Perhaps something along the lines of:

Heal: for X amount
Cast time:Instant
Effect:1 second self knock down, cures cripple chill and immobilize.

Tool Belt could be something along the lines of:

Cast time:1/4 second
Effect: electrical 1 second long small 60 range around yourself AOE Daze for 1 second.
Also grants 1 second of haste to allies withit the radius.
Cooldown:30 seconds

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in PvP

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Guardian skill:
Heal: X amount
AoE
Cast Time: 3 seconds
Range: 1200
Grant Protection to allies
Cooldown: 60s

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

This. Anet refuses to backtrack on their balance decisions, and the only way to make healing signet balanced is to give it to everyone. Soon PVP will be full of unkillable players of every class!

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Personally, I think it would be interesting to see a heal for Rangers that either gave their pet a really strong hot or could heal their pet heavily on a short cd while providing a relatively weak heal for the ranger. This could be a way to address pet survival without making an unkillable pet OP.

Also, a conjured healing weapon from an ele could be interesting, but they’ve already made a conjure weapon for every element…

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Inb4 everyone gets consume conditions on 15s cd

This is the skills and balance team… We are in for a ride lol.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

i dont care that much about healing skill. but creating a viable healer build – that would be big.

in PvP

Posted by: WinterWraith.5236

WinterWraith.5236

Also, a conjured healing weapon from an ele could be interesting, but they’ve already made a conjure weapon for every element…

They could make it an arcane themed conjure, but I don’t know if such a thing is possible in the lore.

in PvP

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

i dont care that much about healing skill. but creating a viable healer build – that would be big.

No thanks.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Viable healing build?..that sounds exactly like the trinity again. Viable D.PS/Viable Nuke and support/ Viable healer…they broke the trinity..it would be egg on face if they now have to bring it back.

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

There was rumors of eles getting an Arcane heal! that’s prob it

Instant cast, full heal and 1 shoots someone anywhere on the map ?

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Thief :

Withdraw in shadows.

I don’t even need to explain it..

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

As long as healing signet exist any new heal will be useless, especially for warrior.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

There was rumors of eles getting an Arcane heal! that’s prob it

Instant cast, full heal and 1 shoots someone anywhere on the map ?

Hmm, could be a bit strong but then again, eles do have the lowest base hp and armor in the game. Okay, seems legit.

Besides, bunker condi dodge meta backstab spam, so eles need something like this to level the playing field.

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Well It is hard to come up with a heal skill that would unlock new builds all by itself. It is possibly heals that are %based to encourage the use of vitality gear which is inherently strong vs conditions but has been suboptimal in terms of effective hp.

They also mention thief heal as being something particularly groundbreaking… God I hope it’s not heal on dodge… Sure as hell that would open some thief bunker style but the last thing we need is more dodge spamming

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

still will be useless for thieves heh

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I may be mistaken but didn’t they say 8 new heal skills?

If so does that imply each class gets a new heal?

^ I think we should #hype and guess which class is going to get shafted.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

There are already data-mined skill ideas out there. I didn’t look at the other classes, but Necro looks interesting.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

There are already data-mined skill ideas out there. I didn’t look at the other classes, but Necro looks interesting.

They all have the potential to be interesting, with heals it really depends on stuff like cooldowns/heal numbers.

Though it seems like the thief heal might become the ‘ranger’ of the batch, powerful in spvp but a laughing stock in every other situation, and worthless without traiting entirely around it.

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I was excited until the necro signet specifically said “PLAYER allies”, cant even use it for minion burst, whats the use now :/

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

Definitely not impressed. Anet dun goofed again.

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

I sure hope they tested out these new heals with whatever new class balance changes that are coming around next week because by the description of some of them, the heals alone will be changing the meta.

Best I can hope for is they do away with passive healing in all forms or make it totally supplementary to active heals. I like the description of the mesmer and ele heals, but I have a generally bad feeling about the ranger and warrior one.

Do rangers really need another spirit to add to their pet collection and do warriors need another endure pain like skill ???

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Hmm, some of those look kind of concerning. I guess it’s nice that people will start needing to really pay attention for some of those heals and will be severely punished for just spamming damage onto, say, a warrior. Some of them may end up being simply too powerful.

The inherent problem with releasing new skills/classes/anything is that if they’re not OP, no one will have a reason to use them.

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Lol Mesmer got a heal signet. Ranger one could be cool if it scales with traits (seems to). Warrior one sounds crazy, Engie sounds interesting, the rest suck. Engie heal (the invulnerability on the heal at 1%) + AR

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

(edited by clint.5681)

in PvP

CMstorm.8679

umm…some of those skills are okay, but really?

in PvP

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

This has to be a joke. You’re giving warrior MORE invulnerability? You’re giving eles a 3rd arcane damage skill to add to their all in burst? You’re giving phantasm condi bunkers a passive heal?

Does ANet even play this game? Seriously, everything you do is WRONG.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in PvP

clint.5681

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

This has to be a joke. You’re giving warrior MORE invulnerability? You’re giving eles a 3rd arcane damage skill to add to their all in burst? You’re giving phantasm condi bunkers a passive heal?

Healing Signet is a lot harder to deal with. It literally never stops. Defiant Stance is going to be a really short window where you do negative damage to the Warrior, cool fact, that allows you to stop dealing damage and stunt his healing. I doubt it’ll get much play over the OP healing signet that’s too good to activate in any circumstance.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Healing Signet is a lot harder to deal with. It literally never stops. Defiant Stance is going to be a really short window where you do negative damage to the Warrior, cool fact, that allows you to stop dealing damage and stunt his healing. I doubt it’ll get much play over the OP healing signet that’s too good to activate in any circumstance.

I actually like Defiant Stance. Invulns on a warrior are out of control b/c they are too strong when combined with OP HS. This is more like a better version of shelter perhaps (if it negates all damage), making bunker warrior more viable. The skill also has counter-play.

I am concerned about more instant damage on eles (plus an instant heal, usuable while cc’d). There is a lot of play in the design, but the other arcanes need to be changed to reduce the instant damage.

Most of the others seem o.k., but I really think you could make an unkillable engie with A.E.D + Elixir R + Inertial converter (trait) + automated response. I think a build abusing these things will see a great deal of QQ in the coming months, as engies specialize in decaps, can have great mobility, and now survive forever. Sound familiar?(looking at you cantrip ele).

in PvP

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

I actually like Defiant Stance. Invulns on a warrior are out of control b/c they are too strong when combined with OP HS. This is more like a better version of shelter perhaps (if it negates all damage), making bunker warrior more viable. The skill also has counter-play.

I am concerned about more instant damage on eles (plus an instant heal, usuable while cc’d). There is a lot of play in the design, but the other arcanes need to be changed to reduce the instant damage.

Most of the others seem o.k., but I really think you could make an unkillable engie with A.E.D + Elixir R + Inertial converter (trait) + automated response. I think a build abusing these things will see a great deal of QQ in the coming months, as engies specialize in decaps, can have great mobility, and now survive forever. Sound familiar?(looking at you cantrip ele).

I don’t think A.E.D will be the best thing to combine with AR. I got a hefty cooldown and will heal you up above the condilimit, making you a target for condis again. And for elixir R it won’t be as abuseable with dual R ressing, you will not have the the chance to abuse both heal and toolbelt recharge as both are short duration based (to abuse them with recharge traits you have to use them before getting under 25%. Better would be using one of them and save a slot.

But all in all i wouldn’t call this a bunker heal as much as a hit and run heal. Hps, condiremoval and general support is still superior in the other heals, even if it heals you to full.

But ill admit the thought have crossed my mind.

in PvP

clint.5681

I don’t think A.E.D will be the best thing to combine with AR. I got a hefty cooldown and will heal you up above the condilimit, making you a target for condis again. And for elixir R it won’t be as abuseable with dual R ressing, you will not have the the chance to abuse both heal and toolbelt recharge as both are short duration based (to abuse them with recharge traits you have to use them before getting under 25%. Better would be using one of them and save a slot.

But all in all i wouldn’t call this a bunker heal as much as a hit and run heal. Hps, condiremoval and general support is still superior in the other heals, even if it heals you to full.

But ill admit the thought have crossed my mind.

Well when fighitng condition builds you can hover just under 25% for as long as possible and not worry about dying by some random burst and get healed, repeat.