New Heal Speculation? #hype

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

engi’s will probablu get a HoT similar to the ranger one, because we have everything else i can think of!
deployable heals
healing turret
throwable heals
big standard heal
so a HoT is about the only thing left :P

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

I think that are false…These are not the healing skills they gonna add…..
Come on guys….We talked about spirits a lot and we all agreed that the petting zoo makes GW2 unwatchable..
Theres no way that Anet devs are so bad that they gonna ignore everyone and add another one…

Its totally like kittening in our face….

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

healing seed, every time you are hit you heal yourself and nearby allies for x.

orison of healing….

lololol j/k, those would be tried and proven good ideas. arenanets gotta be innovative and copy something from borderlands or some kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

i dont care that much about healing skill. but creating a viable healer build – that would be big.

Wouldn’t work since the game supports group heals very poorly. It might be useful when playing with new players, but the game quickly gets to a point where it’s fairly easy and you deal with incoming damage by completely avoiding it, rather than compensating for it via healing.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Maybe add heals that acts as a soft heal with an offensive component?

Hope they’ve some good though put into them.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

i dont care that much about healing skill. but creating a viable healer build – that would be big.

Wouldn’t work since the game supports group heals very poorly. It might be useful when playing with new players, but the game quickly gets to a point where it’s fairly easy and you deal with incoming damage by completely avoiding it, rather than compensating for it via healing.

so what youre saying is… we need a prot monk.

in PvP

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Wonder what happened to the previous heal thread? Somehow it mysteriously disappeared.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Many of them sound really interesting but i’m afraid of new skills op and unbalanced.

We’ll see but i prefered to fix the actual meta and broken traits/skills instead to add new stuff (potential unbalanced).

I hope i’m wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Some of the heals, the guardian one in particular, look like strictly pve where you are guaranteed to have 5 willing targets to DPS. In general, I don’t think that heals which your opponent can play around are going to be viable. Hell, venoms are already lost half of the time to evade/block/blind without anybody trying; does anybody expect this to be viable in pvp?

The ele heal, if it’s real might be viable, but again it looks pve balanced. Unless you are fighting a bunch of pets or mesmer illusions you will likely miss half your targets anyhow.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

^ Yep. You’d think they’d have learned that heals that can lose effectiveness via being killed/evaded/cced would be stronger to compensate but nope. :/

Look at blood fiend: It can be killed, cced, evaded, blocked, doesn’t attack stealthed enemies, LOSed, out of ranged, terrain juked, etc and even with 100% up time it STILL heals for less hps than Healing signet.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

I hope so hard, those skills wont come.

Those skills are horrible.

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Copy /paste Bold in your chat to see them live

Ranger: Water Spirit [&Bw1VAAA=] -> Aqua Surge [&Bw9VAAA=]
Warrior: Defiant Stance [&BzdVAAA=]
Necromancer: Signet of Vampirism [&BwJVAAA=]
Mesmer: Signet of the Ether [&B/ZUAAA=]
Guardian: Litany of Wrath [&B6BUAAA=]
Engineer: A.E.D. [&B5tUAAA=] Toolbelt: Static Shock [&B51UAAA=]
Elementalist: Arcane Brilliance [&B5hUAAA=]
Thief: Skelk Venom [&BxJVAAA=]

in PvP

Dardamaniac.1295

So i geuss its true…

Another Spirit….

Rangers after all this petting zoo discussion……..After so many months of spirits dominating……

the solution, the answer, the reward was………..

MORE SPIRITS

in PvP

mini.6018

MORE SPIRITS

THAT HEAL .Might be inconsistent though since ranger already has really viable beast of heals.

I’m a little worried about the necros signet though.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

How so are you worried?

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

Maybe its an April Fool… in december…

Yeah, the guardian heal is … OP as the rest… 20% of your dmg… if this triggers on 5 targets as well… Full hp for the duration i suppose? working as intended?
So we are happy now if we see spirit rangers? just reroll meditation guard and farm them?

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

(edited by Tranassa.4968)

in PvP

mini.6018

Maybe its an April Fool… in december…

Maybe not April but something or someone is definately Fool for sure with these heals

in PvP

Dardamaniac.1295

The new spirit Ranger will be totally undying….Mark my words……All you have to do is just stand and autoattack…..
Really nothing more…..

Imagine this….
A settlers amulet spirit Ranger,has all the previous defensive abilities but also regen 100% uptime and passive spirit healing skill that heals you for like 600hp every 10 sec…

Clap clap clap clap

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

The new spirit Ranger will be totally undying….Mark my words……All you have to do is just stand and autoattack…..
Really nothing more…..

Imagine this….
A settlers amulet spirit Ranger,has all the previous defensive abilities but also regen 100% uptime and passive spirit healing skill that heals you for like 600hp every 10 sec…

Clap clap clap clap

Just fyi 700ish hp every 10 seconds is like… 70 hp/sec? Healing signet is 400 hps. I think you’re being a bit dramatic :P

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

what. the. kitten.

These heals either suck or are way too strong rofl

Water spirit sucks (if the proc has a 10 second icd has i understood it), defiant stance isn’t clear, but it won’t be anywhere near healing signet, the guardian heal sucks and the ele heal sucks even more! LOL

And then we got kitten like AED?! What the kitten arena net? Engies went from having a though time against necros to a complete hard counter to them (automated response + AED))) ).

Signet of vampirism is another winner! Take 350 damage for HITTING THEM? Worse, they heal for 300 health points? This is the new worst skill in the game now, this is healing signet made worse. Thieves will probably die from hitting the necro alone LOL

Signet of the ether?! LOL PU mesmer was already annoying enough when you had the bad luck of meeting one, how about them 800 hps PU mesmers guys?

The only heal that could be interesting is the venom heal and that’s about it.

You had a good patch coming with good ideas, even though you had the diamond skin change there, and then, you throw everything to kitten with these heals.

(edited by ahuba.6430)

in PvP

mini.6018

Really nothing more…..

Imagine this….

Clap clap clap clap

Just fyi 700ish hp every 10 seconds is like… 70 hp/sec? Healing signet is 400 hps. I think you’re being a bit dramatic :P

its not a heal every 10 sec ,look at the ranger’s spirits better ,its perma 35% chance no icd like other spirits. 10 sec is interval of the buff the sopitit gives but ranger will have it perma since pet is aways following the ranger.With spirit build you will have what ? 70% chance ?

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Signet of vampirism is another winner! Take 350 damage for HITTING THEM? Worse, they heal for 300 health points? This is the new worst skill in the game now, this is healing signet made worse. Thieves will probably die from hitting the necro alone LOL

My thoughts, exactly. I guess if I’m playing my thief and I see a Necro/Mesmer with the new skills, I’ll just run.

in PvP

Dardamaniac.1295

I have some info about the patch after the dec 10….

We thought that Rangers need more build variety..So we changed every weapons skills with a new spirit…The spirits will attack instead of you so you wont have to push that annoying 1111111…
Standing on a point never been more fun

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Uhg, if they really do add another spirit to rangers, and we see even more spirit rangers with 5 spirits and their pets, I might just stop laying this game

No more AI skills!
No more AI builds being strong in PvP!
PLEASE!!!

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

My thoughts, exactly. I guess if I’m playing my thief and I see a Necro/Mesmer with the new skills, I’ll just run.

if you hit us for 1-100k we will only be able to heal for 300 and damage you for 350.
you should be able to burst us down or hit us hard enough so that this heal will be ineffective.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

if you hit us for 1-100k we will only be able to heal for 300 and damage you for 350.
you should be able to burst us down or hit us hard enough so that this heal will be ineffective.

yeah if we hit you for 100k damage we win. I was seeing things wrong, I’m sorry.

Thieves in spvp are like the 4th highest burst atm. Our burst isnt strong anymore, necros were already a hard matchup for use where 1 fear, 1 condition burst would loose us the fight. Against this signet? Yeah….
Who knows, the signet might end up sucking, but it’s still stupid.

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

So what happens if a team goes 5 necro and every aoe you try to use on them hits YOU for 1700 dmg?

Didn’t we already go through this with the massive line of retaliation duration nerfs?

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

That would be the case, if I were playing anything bursty. What about S/D, S/P, P/P and P/D builds? It’s already hard enough to burn all the necro’s HP + deathshroud if you are playing of one these specs and having to constantly avoid or clean conditions

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

What game are you playing where Thief burst doesn’t completely suck in sPvP now, let alone can hit for 100k? I’d love to know, it sounds much better than the bunkery crap we have right now.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

What game are you playing where Thief burst doesn’t completely suck in sPvP now, let alone can hit for 100k? I’d love to know, it sounds much better than the bunkery crap we have right now.

good lord, my point was no matter how hard you hit us it will damage you the same and heal us the same.
hit us harder and this healing skill will be useless.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I’m thinking this skill + Minions will do pretty well. But we’ll see.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

“The cheese stands alone, the cheese stands alone, high-ho the dairy-o the cheese stands….”

Oh wait, with this new patch, Anet is dropping off a whole nother ton of cheese to hang out with our current passive/AI gameplay.

GW2: The game that plays for you!

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

“The cheese stands alone, the cheese stands alone, high-ho the dairy-o the cheese stands….”

Oh wait, with this new patch, Anet is dropping off a whole nother ton of cheese to hang out with our current passive/AI gameplay.

God cry a little harder x.X Passive stuff isn’t that bad in an MMO its a part of how you build your character. You still have plenty of buttons to press too. At least these passive skills have good reasons to press the buttons. THATS the difference. If healing signet had a good reason to be pressed ever and maybe healed a little less, it would be perfect.

in PvP

BlackBeard.2873

God cry a little harder x.X Passive stuff isn’t that bad in an MMO its a part of how you build your character. You still have plenty of buttons to press too. At least these passive skills have good reasons to press the buttons. THATS the difference. If healing signet had a good reason to be pressed ever and maybe healed a little less, it would be perfect.

I actually like some of the active effects, for the most part. My issue is that a couple of the heals (mesmer, ranger) really push AI builds even more, which do NOT need to be stronger. Those builds mostly focus on just defense/support while letting AI do everything and overwhelm an opponent. Buffing those AI builds (phantasm mesmer, which also gets IC at 15 again, spirit ranger getting another spirit, which will still proc on death, giving an extra heal mind you) is really foreboding.

Also, the necro heal specifies “players.” If it extends to minions, then real pvp is dead.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I actually like some of the active effects, for the most part. My issue is that a couple of the heals (mesmer, ranger) really push AI builds even more, which do NOT need to be stronger. Those builds mostly focus on just defense/support while letting AI do everything and overwhelm an opponent. Buffing those AI builds (phantasm mesmer, which also gets IC at 15 again, spirit ranger getting another spirit, which will still proc on death, giving an extra heal mind you) is really foreboding.

Also, the necro heal specifies “players.” If it extends to minions, then real pvp is dead.

I agree with the Mesmer part, but actually Phants aren’t the real issue here. Take a long look at that skill then think about how it can effect Prismatic Understanding mesmers. Then wonder about how one will ever die. THAT will be a problem. x.X

Also, I think you’re safe. I thought the same (And I main a MM necro in pvp), but I think they specified Player’s only for a reason. Minion Reckbombing would be way too powerful.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I can’t wait to see live numbers, But Right NOW? I’m about to learn to play RTS or MOBA or something if these skills are as op as I think they are

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

The necro heal is not very good and wont get played. You have to actually get hit for it to heal. When you need to heal the last thing you want to do is be hit. This is totally different to why healing signet is strong. Where you can kite away from the battle and heal up.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

BlackBeard.2873

The necro heal is not very good and wont get played. You have to actually get hit for it to heal. When you need to heal the last thing you want to do is be hit. This is totally different to why healing signet is strong. Where you can kite away from the battle and heal up.

Necro heal is VERY strong. Cast it, and for 5s, EVERY HIT from allied players does an extra 638 damage. In other words, mark somebody, then have a mesmer cast iDuelest, a thief Unload, an ele cast a scepter auto, engie bombs, etc. on that player, and they will be almost 1-shot. Unless there is an ICD on the life-siphoning, this would essentially be: Passive: hot decently well, Active: kill 1 player.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Necro heal is VERY strong. Cast it, and for 5s, EVERY HIT from allied players does an extra 638 damage. In other words, mark somebody, then have a mesmer cast iDuelest, a thief Unload, an ele cast a scepter auto, engie bombs, etc. on that player, and they will be almost 1-shot. Unless there is an ICD on the life-siphoning, this would essentially be: Passive: hot decently well, Active: kill 1 player.

iDuelist and things of that nature won’t work, the same way Minion Signet-bombing won’t work because it specifies it only triggers from PLAYER allies.

in PvP

BlackBeard.2873

iDuelist and things of that nature won’t work, the same way Minion Signet-bombing won’t work because it specifies it only triggers from PLAYER allies.

Good point, I was just thinking of skills that have a million hits in a very short period of time. Adding 500-700 damage to each hit (and making them heal the caster) is INSANELY strong, just not for the necro which doesn’t have as quick of an attack rate. This skill is clearly meant for use with power necro that have channels on their 2 skills (Dagger and axe mainhand) as well as quick attack rates on the daggers. I think this skill could actually make power necro viable (meaning it has some aspects that are OP, which is requried for viability in this game).

in PvP

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

You all know the skills have been data mined and are viewable for types on Reddit right?

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Depends how you look at it, MM are tanky, minions constantly condi clear and heal. a MM necro could easily take this heal and boost their dmg by 350-600 everytime they get hit and pretty much wreck anyone since now not only the other person is taking dmg from the necro, the AI but also from their own attacks. while the necro is … being passive

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

Having looked at the in-game links for the new heals, I’m shaking in my pansy-kitten booties. Shaking in fear, not exitement, mind you. The mesmer and the ranger heals look broken beyond anything that warrior healing signet could ever muster. If those hit live, get ready to welcome our two new overlords.

The thief venom and engi heal look gimmicky, but I’ll withold judgement until I can play around with them. Also good to see meditation guards getting some love, though deeps guards are already beasts in the right hands.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Depends how you look at it, MM are tanky, minions constantly condi clear and heal. a MM necro could easily take this heal and boost their dmg by 350-600 everytime they get hit and pretty much wreck anyone since now not only the other person is taking dmg from the necro, the AI but also from their own attacks. while the necro is … being passive

I didn’t say it was bad for MM. I plan on trying it for sure! I’m just sad I won’t be Signet Minion bombing people, effectively killing everyone in about 3 seconds flat

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

http://www.shopradiocast.com/product_images/o/502/R-1633810-1321213589__81794_zoom.jpg

in PvP

Dardamaniac.1295

All i have to say is that if in the meta after the dec 10 Rangers are still playing settlers-carrion spirit build im gonna quit for good..

I know, noone cares.Also i dont want it..

I dont understand tho why Anet doesnt want their game to win..Why are they trying so hard to make it fail…..?

We asked them over and over again to swift Rangers from spirit builds for so many reasons…Cause they are not fun, cause they fill your screen, cause it has low skillfloor, etc etc
And the answer to this is more spirits?
More spirits?

I hope they have something in mind cause this makes no sense at all….

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I wanna see the new heal skills in action and the actual finished numbers but for now all I can think is… ANET IS WORSE THEN KOREAN MMORPG DEVS AT BALANCE

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Dardamaniac.1295

I dont think that it requires so much of a balancing skills to know that “no more spirits”
-_-

They are just want us to leave pvp..they spent a lot of money in living story, this is what we should do…

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

if i am not mistaken, certain mesmer build can reach 1000 HP/sec…. and we thought healing signet was bad hahahaha

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I think people need to really hold off crying about this spirit heal. Reason being; I don’t think anyone except nubs will use it. Healing spring is way better solo and team play, and if you have finishers you can self combo in the water field. Water Spirit heals like 650 every 10 seconds? That’s terrible. The on USE is also pretty meh.