New broken AA dps

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

Lol, OP made build that no one would ever use in pvp, and metered DPS on golem. That’s nice. Take your thief, go to the real pvp and then we will talk.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

Love it how OP intentionally uses berserker amulet and a build no thief would ever play in a serious environment to support his claim that thief is ‘so OP’ now, you the man.

With that being said, neither dagger nor staff needed any damage boost, but noone should ever complain about the sword fix, sword was literally unplayable pre-patch because of these terrible long aftercasts.

Sword has not became much better btw.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Why is it that Thieves get a buff that only really helps them 1v1, the concept of team play suddenly disappears from everyone’s perception of spvp balance? We still don’t bring anything on par with other professions in terms of team utility.

My theory is because the people who complain the loudest are the ones that only truly care about being able to 1v1 everyone else, not actually caring about the strategy of team oriented play…

Because your team utility is being able to move around, stomp, +1 and now you are better at 1v1 those sidepts. Dont see a problem here, and god theif is godmode to have. But cant have it all.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

Thief really doesn’t feel that different in PvP

Auto attack is just not laughably weak anymore.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Love it how OP intentionally uses berserker amulet and a build no thief would ever play in a serious environment to support his claim that thief is ‘so OP’ now, you the man.

With that being said, neither dagger nor staff needed any damage boost, but noone should ever complain about the sword fix, sword was literally unplayable pre-patch because of these terrible long aftercasts.

1 full autoattack sequence with marauder + pack crit for like 900 900 2200 2700.

With zerk should be more.

As said before it seems to do less damage against a real cloth player. About 10% less dmg.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

And ppl complained when we were saying that Anet was overbuffing thief dmg… Gonna see some funny ragequits now

M I L K B O I S

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

It’s funny to see ppl think Thieves will just auto attack u to death.
Clearly no1 here plays thief, or atleast at a decent level.

Revenant has way more survivability (vs straight dps) than a thief. It’s only logical their AA or any dps should be lower.

If you think by just AA’ing golems and see high numbers the class is OP, try to keep the auto-attack chain up in decent PvP matches.

I can guarantee you won’t live long enough.

The AA is very strong for cleave, though.

I think I know what the problem is: ppl got lazy and got spoiled over bunker meta.
Now they actually need to dodge. Oh wait, RIP energy sigil.

Well, that’s for playing OP builds for couple of months. I’m glad I always sticked to DPS builds

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

Thief was out of spvp due to missing sustain.
Now they pretend us to use initiative for defensive skills and use more aa to deal damage.

Sword and staff seem to be fine.
About dagger hope they are gonna lower it before s2.

Btw, acrobatic rework seems good.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Its No Hax.5094

Its No Hax.5094

Is it really that OP though, I’ve actually enjoyed my last couple pvp games because I can finally compete with some builds that I could never 1v1. Remember thiefs are meant to be strong 1v1, they have no other toolkits for proper AoE/Buffs/Tanking. High risk, high reward.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well revenant idea is to be boonbuss so it’s natural that dmg is low. It’s like whine that my healing druid do less dps than thief. People are just silly.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Shirlias.8104

Like the previous patch?

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Krysard.1364

Well revenant idea is to be necrofood so it’s natural that dmg is low. It’s like whine that my healing druid do less dps than thief. People are just silly.

Here we go

M I L K B O I S

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Junkpile.7439

Well revenant idea is to be necrofood so it’s natural that dmg is low. It’s like whine that my healing druid do less dps than thief. People are just silly.

Here we go

Your job is buff your teammate who kill will necro. It’s year 2016 and people still think that idea is win 1 vs 1 fights.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Necro and thiefs got buffed and heavy stuff. Ele is a mess at the moment and has to reorient. I can see a picture whats planed and this is not so bad. Unfortunately its not done in the detail needed which leads to build diversity scrapped. But we move more in the direction of classes countering each other.
I play ele. While ele might go to unviable state, i think i won´t fear a thief but a reaper will demolish me. The second class i try is warrior and i see options to demolish some clases. E.g. reaper. Also i see a movement to a bit less “skill” du to counterbuilds and some easy to use things. This will lead to competative play being more tactical (class strategic) and team oriented and player reaction/traing might have a bit less impact. If this is the intention i say its a good direction.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

I have one question. Who test this patche before release ?

Revenant with full berserker gear and full DPS build vs Thief with same armor/traits.

Thief

Dagger AA DPS – 6k!!!!!
Sword AA DPS – 4.6k
Staff AA DPS 4.7k

Revenant

Sword AA DPS 3.2k !!!

I’m all for calling out OP kitten in this game for the good of the game, but there isn’t a thief running that competitively.

I’m sure everyone here is willing to forget you posting this one and letting it slide…

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

The funny thing is, people that actually seriously Main Thief, all agree that the buffs to Dagger and Staff AA are entirely out of place and unnecessary.

The speed of Sword’s AA is great, but it doesn’t push it forward to see more play because of how they currently overtuned Dagger/Staff even more.

So yeah.
I see where you’re coming from.
However, comparing Rev’s AA to Thief’s AA… Rev is MUCH more sustainable then a Thief. so it’s a ridiculous comparison to make.
So is Thief Dagger/Staff damage overtuned? Yes.
Should Thief damage be compared to Rev? No.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Krysard.1364

Here we go

Your job is buff your teammate who kill will necro. It’s year 2016 and people still think that idea is win 1 vs 1 fights.

So now I can corrupt boons from two players, not only one, ty

M I L K B O I S

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Junkpile.7439

Here we go

So now I can corrupt boons from two players, not only one, ty

and you still die because enemy outplayed you.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Revenant with full berserker gear and full DPS build vs Thief with same armor/traits.

Thief

Dagger AA DPS – 6k!!!!!
Sword AA DPS – 4.6k
Staff AA DPS 4.7k

Revenant

Sword AA DPS 3.2k !!!

Ele Scepter AA DPS: 800

Ele burst rotation 1.6k

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Anet isn’t balancing skills for build variety. They are creating different states of unfairness to “change the meta”.

It’s their new thing for 2016, part of the whole auto-destruct process.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Most amusing stuff I’ve ever read. While you complain about your autos, I’m going to go troll people who are learning by two-shotting them with a combo that they can’t even respond to. Because, you know, Revenant needs buffs. Not even Herald, just Revenant. LMFAO.

Also, if people want to compare dps- compare everything else. Thief has no protection, Revenant can (with ease) obtain perma protection. Take your numbers, knock 33% off. Both classes can apply weakness, do not use that on your math. Now, Thief (without a gimmick build.) cannot stack might but Revenant can stack a base set of might to around 15 points, so set your rev numbers to 15. You see why your math is garbage yet? I can reach 25 might on my Revenant, but not in a “vacuum theoretical math”.

Also, day two. Time for some shenanigans with my burst ele breaking 20k damage per second for 6 seconds of total control. XD

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: rylark.3418

rylark.3418

Thief

Dagger AA DPS – 6k!!!!!
Sword AA DPS – 4.6k
Staff AA DPS 4.7k

Revenant

Sword AA DPS 3.2k !!!

really dude? when you play this game long enough you will find that you can’t compare two classes by damage alone. Even worse you are using AA. You havent factored in Revenants ability to avoid damage, or their healing ability compared to thief. Not even how the skills and traits work.

Can we please stop with this type of criticism.

Was going to say this, thank you.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Well said. Heartseeker is only good for leap finsiher. when target is above 50% AA deals more dmg. between 50 and 25% AA is still better. below 25% they have little hp that AA finishes them off better even though HS would have a higher dps.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

So, ok coming from a necro main btw and knowing thieves are usually my counters and I’m actually fine with thief buffs, you know why? because thieves were in such a crappy spot before this patch that atleast now they might not get yelled at or laughed it for being on a team comp in Spvp.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Serious Thought.5394

The sad thing is this just enforces the meta weapon sets. It doesn’t fix the problems, we’re still bugged, and we still are beyond squishy.
D/P
S/D
Staff
Shortbow

Use those or gtfo.
Do not use
D/D
S/P
p/D
p/p

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Stasticeel.2745

Stasticeel.2745

You can go ranged, block, knockback, blind, dodge, stun and burst back?

I mean, I am not a great player but I know when I see a thief I am not letting him AA on me while standing there drooling. >.>

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Serious Thought.5394

If it makes you feel better, I have just located a Berserker build that outputs WAY too much condi damage.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Zerker thief vs Zerker rev for dps testing?

Eh, I guess. Let’s roll with it and assume:

A. A berserker thief will be able to get a full AA combo off on another berserker anything
B. This same thief will only auto attack.

If your argument is “thieves hitting me in the face with 1 are op,” you’re absolutely right.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

However, comparing Rev’s AA to Thief’s AA… Rev is MUCH more sustainable then a Thief. so it’s a ridiculous comparison to make.

You also have to consider that Thief:
1. Is much more mobile.They can chase really well and also escape really well, while Revenants are more committed to fights.
2. Has instant CC/Utility in the form of Steal which can close the gap, stun, steal boons (like Stab), etc.
3. Is not quite as susceptible to Conditions while a Revenant has pretty much no options unless they use Mallyx, which will get annihilated by Necros.
4. They can equip as much defense (Stun breaks, escapes, whatever) as they want while a Revenant kinda only has Riposting Shadows or Gaze of Darkness, of which, only the former actually gets you out of danger and helps keep you out.
I.E. Thief has options; Revenant has set kits with little choice.
5. Thieves actually have a lot more tools (some spammable) to stay on top of a target AND soft-CC them multiple times.

So, despite being squishier during a fight, they’re also much more mobile, have more options, and have even more tools for sticking to a target while using soft-CC. On top of that, they now deal more AA damage, which shouldn’t be underestimated by any means. Yea, you wont have a Thief just casually walking up to you and AAing you to death, but he will jump on you from far away, backstab you, then beat you to a pulp while you try to recover. This isn’t difficult to do as a Thief. Squishies and roamers will die.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

I main a thief and I knew this was going to be a problem. dagger AA dps is broken – WAY broken.

Pre patch I could easily do 3500 direct damage with one chain which is 1.5 seconds i believe. Now keep in mind I am not a zerk build, I am sinister build with most of my traits and utilities going into condi damage. So I imagined burst thieves would be able to crit for even more.

So now with the stupid idea to buff aa damage, Evilek already showed us that AA chain alone could do 9400 direct damage. That is damage that if hit with Basilik Venom cannot be be blocked or dodged. So if you got hit with a nasty backstab just prior, this is an easy easy insta-down in many scenarios.

So a brainless thief wins simply by pressing 0 and 111111. As a condi thief, I can’t stand that a brainless thief gets an easy win against someone who actually took time to make a custom non-meta build and utilizes actual skill to win.

And that is my problem. With an increase to our dagger AA dps it makes our aa OP (which is something we didn’t even want or need) and will now result in an outcry (to which I lend my own voice), resulting in nerfs in areas that we actually did want and need buffed.

(edited by CuteLilKittenHugz.2064)

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Would like to say a few things, some you will agree with with and some you won’t.

1) AA on sword needed the speed increase, rest of aa’s needed nothing
2) “DPS tests” when specced for full damage on zerk ammy when the normal setup is totally different and then calling the damage op is false evidence and so your tests are pretty much worthless to the discussion, though I would like to see what the meta setup has if you don’t mind possibly running that for a few tests.
3) D/P and staff did not need ANY buffs to aa, and while staff is more useful with it’s higher damage from other skills they should’ve taken the damage from somewhere (I.E vault) and spread it out rather than just pumping more damage into the set.
4) There were other parts of weapon sets that needed looking at besides aa and I’m very disappointed that they didn’t touch anything else for thief significantly with the changes in regards to weapons. (i.e. s/d could use a bit of fluidity change and possibly some higher damage on certain skills but that can be debated, d/d needs buffs for the set that don’t buff d/p at the same time, d/p needs nerfs that don’t touch d/d at the same time, etc.)
5) Was kind of disappointed that bound wasn’t touched. Yes as a thief main I realize it is a wonderful skill but you can’t deny that people being able to near perma stealth without the use of sa is pretty dumb. What’s the use of having a stealth focused line if another line has the same access to stealth and yields more damage and utility? And I wouldn’t mind nerfing it’s damage considering anet seems pretty intent on buffing weapon damage atm. Now that bunkers are gone we don’t need kittenloads of damage on a dodge, we just need the stealth utility and if they want to keep a bit of damage (1.5k-2k crit max) then that’s fine.

Just my overall thoughts atm. Could go more in depth about specific changes but that’s for another thread.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

New broken AA dps

in PvP

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

Would like to say a few things, some you will agree with with and some you won’t.

1) AA on sword needed the speed increase, rest of aa’s needed nothing
2) “DPS tests” when specced for full damage on zerk ammy when the normal setup is totally different and then calling the damage op is false evidence and so your tests are pretty much worthless to the discussion, though I would like to see what the meta setup has if you don’t mind possibly running that for a few tests.
3) D/P and staff did not need ANY buffs to aa, and while staff is more useful with it’s higher damage from other skills they should’ve taken the damage from somewhere (I.E vault) and spread it out rather than just pumping more damage into the set.
4) There were other parts of weapon sets that needed looking at besides aa and I’m very disappointed that they didn’t touch anything else for thief significantly with the changes in regards to weapons. (i.e. s/d could use a bit of fluidity change and possibly some higher damage on certain skills but that can be debated, d/d needs buffs for the set that don’t buff d/p at the same time, d/p needs nerfs that don’t touch d/d at the same time, etc.)
5) Was kind of disappointed that bound wasn’t touched. Yes as a thief main I realize it is a wonderful skill but you can’t deny that people being able to near perma stealth without the use of sa is pretty dumb. What’s the use of having a stealth focused line if another line has the same access to stealth and yields more damage and utility? And I wouldn’t mind nerfing it’s damage considering anet seems pretty intent on buffing weapon damage atm. Now that bunkers are gone we don’t need kittenloads of damage on a dodge, we just need the stealth utility and if they want to keep a bit of damage (1.5k-2k crit max) then that’s fine.

Just my overall thoughts atm. Could go more in depth about specific changes but that’s for another thread.

1) Agreed
2) Disagreed. Yes a dummy cannot dodge, block or have traits that mitigate damage. And yes the damage shown will not be as high on classes with high base toughness, and builds with extra toughness, but it WILL be pretty darn close to that target dummy screen cap versus what you can do on a on squishy builds, esp because of Basilik Venom. There is no escaping it if it lands.
3) Agreed
4) Agreed
5) Hadn’t even thought of it that way, but yeah agreed now that you mention it.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

If a thief autoattacks you to death, even after this patch, you may want to review your life and/or build choices.

Thieves didn’t ask for auto damage, and TBH it was a silly buff. It accounts for more damage, but in pvp terms it isn’t reliable damage. Very little would change were they to remove it right now and leave all the other balance changes intact.

It isn’t that thief is suddenly OP. It’s that bunkers that can ignore quality thieves don’t exist any more.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I can confirm. Thief/daredevil damage is absolutely disgusting right now. If thieves reign supreme on this meta I’ll just leave this game for good.

(edited by Khenzy.9348)

New broken AA dps

in PvP

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

Pope – i main a thief. Sinister build on a class with the lowest base health and toughness. I run around with 11k health in a meta that has been put on steroids. I am always literally 2-3 hits away from being downed, BUT….up until this last patch I could still win most 1v1 easily, even pulled off a 2v1 a couple weeks ago. My build is quite nice. ~_^

But thieves and necros are insta-death for me now. Necro is OP that is obvious, and the huge buff to dagger AA is why i lose to thieves now IF they get the first hit with Basilik Venom. The backstab plus aa chain during Basilik Venom easily eats up all my health. Before it only took about 90% – 95%, and I could still fight back (and usually win). Now the AA is just ridiculous OP and allows for brainless fighting.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Enough with the Q.Q guys thief AA was really bad before so a slight buff was needed (albeit wasn’t what thieves asked for) this change was motivated by PVE mostly. I say this because our class is suppose to be highest single target dps but even that wasn’t true. So basically we couldn’t do high dps or great group support. Also as others have said if you are letting a thief land several aas on you its a L2p issue. If anything people should be looking at necro issues not thief AA.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

Basilik Venom. L2read

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

The hell all this tryhards talking about, look how pathetically you guys are trying to spread your own agenda. its been there since before june trait revamp patch and none of you fool noticed. see how they foolishly remove some of the Amulets to coverup their mess. Pathetic

edit: more power damage

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

(edited by Chapell.1346)

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

1. Is much more mobile.They can chase really well and also escape really well, while Revenants are more committed to fights.
2. Has instant CC/Utility in the form of Steal which can close the gap, stun, steal boons (like Stab), etc.
3. Is not quite as susceptible to Conditions while a Revenant has pretty much no options unless they use Mallyx, which will get annihilated by Necros.
4. They can equip as much defense (Stun breaks, escapes, whatever) as they want while a Revenant kinda only has Riposting Shadows or Gaze of Darkness, of which, only the former actually gets you out of danger and helps keep you out.
5. Thieves actually have a lot more tools (some spammable) to stay on top of a target AND soft-CC them multiple times.

So, despite being squishier during a fight, they’re also much more mobile, have more options, and have even more tools for sticking to a target while using soft-CC. On top of that, they now deal more AA damage, which shouldn’t be underestimated by any means. Yea, you wont have a Thief just casually walking up to you and AAing you to death, but he will jump on you from far away, backstab you, then beat you to a pulp while you try to recover. This isn’t difficult to do as a Thief. Squishies and roamers will die.

So what you’re pointing out is that Thieves can leave a fight easier then a Rev can?
Great! Means you don’t got to worry about our admittedly OP AA spam.

Yes, we got tools, but so do revs… The entire point I made is that while I agree with Thief’s Dagger and Staff AA being overtuned, a Thief simply cannot be compared to a Revenant.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Malchior.5732

So what you’re pointing out is that Thieves can leave a fight easier then a Rev can?
Great! Means you don’t got to worry about our admittedly OP AA spam.

Yes, we got tools, but so do revs… The entire point I made is that while I agree with Thief’s Dagger and Staff AA being overtuned, a Thief simply cannot be compared to a Revenant.

I don’t know how you made that correlation. If anything, it means a Thief can escape, reset, and come back before you can properly recover and just wreck you with their autos just the same.

The entire point is that they CAN be compared because they’re trying to pull off similar roles: singling out a target and just wrecking them.

However, one of them got their auto nerfed by quite a decent amount (even though we use Energy on ALL skills except AA and we actually have poor Spike potential outside of lolHammer) and the other got their auto buffed by a ton (even though they only use their “Energy” on weapon skills and have ways to regain it faster and MUCH higher Spike damage).

It’s a pretty weird idea of balance on Anet’s part.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

Rev (Herald, in fact) wasn’t designed to be nice in 1 vs1. Herald is a boon buffer for his team. I don’t think Thief can do the same thing, probably legit if thief does better damage in 1vs1.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Pope – i main a thief. Sinister build on a class with the lowest base health and toughness. I run around with 11k health in a meta that has been put on steroids. I am always literally 2-3 hits away from being downed, BUT….up until this last patch I could still win most 1v1 easily, even pulled off a 2v1 a couple weeks ago. My build is quite nice. ~_^

But thieves and necros are insta-death for me now. Necro is OP that is obvious, and the huge buff to dagger AA is why i lose to thieves now IF they get the first hit with Basilik Venom. The backstab plus aa chain during Basilik Venom easily eats up all my health. Before it only took about 90% – 95%, and I could still fight back (and usually win). Now the AA is just ridiculous OP and allows for brainless fighting.

Here’s a thought.

The bunker meta was considered brainless fighting.

Yes, we got a damage buff on top of the removal of hard bunker builds from the meta (which, frankly missed the point since damage was fine), but at what point does fighting stop being brainless?

Taking forever to kill a target = brainless.
Instagibbing (the squishiest class in the game that decided not to take toughness, knowing someone can open with an unblockable) = brainless(?)

In both of these cases the amulets are to blame. I’ll concede knowing fights will take 5 minutes + is boring as all hell, but this is slightly more engaging than that, if anything.

If you don’t want an instant gib, run something that isnt +0 toughness or vit? This time the burden of controlling the length of the fight is majorly on you, instead of hoping the other person hasnt turtleshelled their build.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Thieves also have an advantage in that their burst isn’t mitigated by the mere presence of other targets.

That is a really weird design choice to me. Sword is meant to be the single target burst weapon, but both it’s damage spike attacks will divide that damage across multiple targets if they are too close.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Thieves also have an advantage in that their burst isn’t mitigated by the mere presence of other targets.

That is a really weird design choice to me. Sword is meant to be the single target burst weapon, but both it’s damage spike attacks will divide that damage across multiple targets if they are too close.

How is that weird ? You’re punished for using it in fights including more than one target, that’s totally fitting the design of making it an assassination weapon.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Rev (Herald, in fact) wasn’t designed to be nice in 1 vs1. Herald is a boon buffer for his team. I don’t think Thief can do the same thing, probably legit if thief does better damage in 1vs1.

lolwat

Revenant likes 1v1s, even more now, since it’s much worse in big team fights. Yea, Herald is good for a team, but that’s probably because base Revenant actually has really bad team support.
Also, Shiro and Sword and pretty much designed for “assassination” so it makes sense.

Thief wasn’t always bad at 1v1 either, but certain changes did make it worse there.

(edited by Malchior.5732)

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Malchior.5732

How is that weird ? You’re punished for using it in fights including more than one target, that’s totally fitting the design of making it an assassination weapon.

That wouldn’t be so bad if the weapon could actually separate players, but it can’t!
Thief can jump into a crowd and spike someone down. It might not always be a good idea, but they can do it at full strength, regardless of fighting a Ranger, Mesmer, Minion Mancer, 2v2, 1v2, 3v3, etc.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Could you people stop comparing Thief against other PVE made pathetic class in this game, and please stop derailing this thread. this one is all about Thief AA and how brokenly overpowered it is.
I will politely embrace the changes if necessary.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

New broken AA dps

in PvP

CuteLilKittenHugz.2064

If you don’t want an instant gib, run something that isnt +0 toughness or vit? This time the burden of controlling the length of the fight is majorly on you, instead of hoping the other person hasnt turtleshelled their build.

lol have you even played thief? It is not like other classes. Sacrificing DPS for vitality or toughness is pointless when you are only delaying your death by a few more seconds. We don’t have the heals that eles and guards have. To survive we rely on evasion, stealth and mobility to not get hit. Then bursting down foe before they have a chance to hit back. Not getting hit is how we stay alive, building pointless defensive specs is how you get dead.

I have no other problems staying alive against other classes (except necro now even more OP too), but other thieves are now a problem due to the huge buff to dagger AA damage, because it is dealt in less than 2 seconds, which is easy for us thieves to pull off when used with Basilik Venom. So whoever gets first hit wins. BV + backstab + 11111 = dead. That can happen to ele’s and guards too btw.

To be clear: thief dagger AA is now grossly OP. I am a thief and I want it reverted back to what it was before. The QQ has already started (justifiably I would say) and aNet is undoubtedly going to nerf us somewhere else that we really do not want nerfed.

My fellow thieves who know the history should realize this and ask for it to be reverted as well.

(edited by CuteLilKittenHugz.2064)

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

New broken AA dps

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

lol have you even played thief? It is not like other classes. Sacrificing DPS for vitality or toughness is pointless when you are only delaying your death by a few more seconds. We don’t have the heals that eles and guards have. To survive we rely on evasion, stealth and mobility to not get hit. Then bursting down foe before they have a chance to hit back. Not getting hit is how we stay alive, building pointless defensive specs is how you get dead.

I have no other problems staying alive against other classes (except necro now even more OP too), but other thieves are now a problem due to the huge buff to dagger AA damage, because it is dealt in less than 2 seconds, which is easy for us thieves to pull off when used with Basilik Venom. So whoever gets first hit wins. BV + backstab + 11111 = dead. That can happen to ele’s and guards too btw.

To be clear: thief dagger AA is now grossly OP. I am a thief and I want it reverted back to what it was before. The QQ has already started (justifiably I would say) and aNet is undoubtedly going to nerf us somewhere else that we really do not want nerfed.

My fellow thieves who know the history should realize this and ask for it to be reverted as well.

I think they have new people balancing the game that have never played it (they’re probably just watching meta-battle and tournaments). I mean why would you allow 6k dps (more in PvE and WvW) from someone just pressing 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 unless your wishing this game to fail? It just makes no sense. They are promoting skill-less play instead of rewarding complex combos.