Newsflash hammer wielding Heralds > DH

in PvP

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

It’s time to bring some of you whiners back to reality. There has been so much focus since HoT about how much damage Dragon Hunters supposedly are doing in comparison to other classes. I am guessing that most of those people have yet to experience a Herald revenant using a hammer.

The damage that they can do from range makes a DH seem like a kitten. They can easily have a permanent 100% crit chance with autoattacks ranging from 3-5k and their #2 ability, Coalesence of Ruin hitting for 7-10k with only a 2 second cool down, and requiring no target (for wrecking stealthers).

They are truly the easiest spec to play in the game today. But by all means cry over DHs. If you need the spec and gear I will happily post it (it’s not rocket science to figure out though).

I’ve been hesitating to post anything because I love wrecking people on my Herald, but I like my Guardian as well and it’s hilarious how much bad attention they have received when there is a much more blatantly OP class running around under the radar.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

People just don’t complain about good scrappers, heralds or chronomancers because they wouldn’t know what to nerf and most people of those classes still got way to go until to fully master those new specs. DH is a one-trick-pony that is strong but has no high skill ceiling. Other specs have.. and once more people will reach those you will wish for DH back.

/just my 2 cent

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

People just don’t complain about good scrappers, heralds or chronomancers because they wouldn’t know what to nerf and most people of those classes still got way to go until to fully master those new specs. DH is a one-trick-pony that is strong but has no high skill ceiling. Other specs have.. and once more people will reach those you will wish for DH back.

/just my 2 cent

People haven’t complained about scrappers/heralds/chronomancer? You must be new to these forums.

in PvP

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

/just my 2 cent

People haven’t complained about scrappers/heralds/chronomancer? You must be new to these forums.

Complain the way people do about DH*

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in PvP

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Tbh I find staff much better then hammer for Heralds.
Sure, hammer has higher damage but staff gives you the utility to survive getting focused on.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

(edited by Zalani.9827)

in PvP

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Yeah the difference here is survivability, Heralds cant kitten out heals, aegis, and stuns while doing their damage, nor can they cleanse condies or more specifically CC that will cause you to kittening die, where as DH does all that just fine WHILE doing sustained and burst damage on call (not relying on weapon swap to sword and utility swap to shiro leaving you out of your good heal, no condi clense. and likely no energy to stun break or gab close with(because IO drain) no stun (cause again 50 energy) all it takes is dropping a cripple/slow/imob/stun when you see the sword 3 IO end and you can walk away as they have no energy and cant catch up.

Seriously Herald is strong right now, but no where near DH level of ezmode rolling

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in PvP

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

DH is a one-trick-pony that is strong but has no high skill ceiling. Other specs have..

You realize having high effectiveness on low skill is bad design, right? No matter what class it is. If they want a lower skilled spec they want newcomers to get introduced with, it should not outperform or exceed in pretty much everything.

in PvP

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

Yeah the difference here is survivability, Heralds cant kitten out heals, aegis, and stuns while doing their damage, nor can they cleanse condies or more specifically CC that will cause you to kittening die, where as DH does all that just fine WHILE doing sustained and burst damage on call (not relying on weapon swap to sword and utility swap to shiro leaving you out of your good heal, no condi clense. and likely no energy to stun break or gab close with(because IO drain) no stun (cause again 50 energy) all it takes is dropping a cripple/slow/imob/stun when you see the sword 3 IO end and you can walk away as they have no energy and cant catch up.

Seriously Herald is strong right now, but no where near DH level of ezmode rolling

In Heralds case, their strong offense is a part of their defense. Actually Heralds have more than enough defenses to outlast an opponent. Not to mention, a guardian built for burst is super squishy and likely won’t survive 2 hammer attacks.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I agree, Revanant hammer is over tuned, especially the auto and the no. 2 skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I agree, Revanant hammer is over tuned, especially the auto and the no. 2 skill.

Hint,,, fight Hammer Rev up close to reduce damage, and reflect

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Up close is kinda hard when they are spamming it from longer range than any other skill in the game and still have sword/shield defense and damage.

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Stop being newbs. I mean seriously l2p. DH are traps. Range them down and they die. Blow the traps with a pet or clone and don’t stand in it and they die. Rev built for DPS CAN NOT take a condi burst. They simply do not have the clearing for it. Not by a long shot. Hammer 1 is slow, clunky, and usually its the might stack that kills you. Think of Pew Pew ranger how do you counter them?

There will always be some build you all think is OP. How OP it is is not based on how hard it is for you to handle it but based on the skills you and your team have available to do so. DD ele was such a pain because it could handle most things that should counter it. The ones you mention now are susceptible to some hard counters. So it becomes the same old thing. Are you willing to counter it or wait for a nerf and a new target to complain about?

Often you guys get advice in these threads. Ignore it and continue the moan train all the while someone else went into the game applied it and started winning. The pattern is the same over and over yet most of you are still in the same spot doing the same thing and still can’t adapt. You have played enough pvp to get the title but truth is most of you are the same kitten guys you were 3 years ago with 0 growth. There will always be a meta start learning to adapt to it because the next nerf will not be the last. The game is constantly changing and you will never be satisfied because you never learn. go on beg for your nerfs and watch a new meta pop and another reason to type angrily into the key board.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

Stop defending DH…. you are comparing DH to a full tank thats also overpowered…. DH is going to get nerfed you cant stop it.

in PvP

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

DH are traps. Range them down and they die.

How you imagine this against good DH with longbow on a point which can LOS too? Just curious.

(edited by Mak.2657)

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Stop defending DH…. you are comparing DH to a full tank thats also overpowered…. DH is going to get nerfed you cant stop it.

It literally doesn’t matter if DH gets nerfed or not. It will most likely and i could careless. The pattern remains. A build you can’t handle shows up, you kitten, a nerf comes, find another build you can not handle. Start the cycle over again.

DH are traps. Range them down and they die.

How you imagine this against good DH on a point which can LOS too?

Sigh…blow the trap (pet or clone) DPS. Outside Foe fire and temple they aren’t going to be LOS for long and your team should be on them first from ranged. Once the burst comes in they aren’t going to last long. Use team work and they really aren’t an issue. But it doesn’t matter Anet will nerf them and we go down the same road again. And for the record I do not have DH I have a rev (I expect some dps nerfs) and my vanilla mesmer or engineer is still my go to.

I haven’t lost to a DH because it’s the same as trap ranger pew pew from range and the trap is useless if they come off point just make sure you blow the trap first without getting killed. Simple kitten. Just like fighting trap ranger.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Stop being newbs. I mean seriously l2p. DH are traps. Range them down and they die. Blow the traps with a pet or clone and don’t stand in it and they die. Rev built for DPS CAN NOT take a condi burst. They simply do not have the clearing for it. Not by a long shot. Hammer 1 is slow, clunky, and usually its the might stack that kills you. Think of Pew Pew ranger how do you counter them?

There will always be some build you all think is OP. How OP it is is not based on how hard it is for you to handle it but based on the skills you and your team have available to do so. DD ele was such a pain because it could handle most things that should counter it. The ones you mention now are susceptible to some hard counters. So it becomes the same old thing. Are you willing to counter it or wait for a nerf and a new target to complain about?

Often you guys get advice in these threads. Ignore it and continue the moan train all the while someone else went into the game applied it and started winning. The pattern is the same over and over yet most of you are still in the same spot doing the same thing and still can’t adapt. You have played enough pvp to get the title but truth is most of you are the same kitten guys you were 3 years ago with 0 growth. There will always be a meta start learning to adapt to it because the next nerf will not be the last. The game is constantly changing and you will never be satisfied because you never learn. go on beg for your nerfs and watch a new meta pop and another reason to type angrily into the key board.

Its funny right,

1 thing is nerfed and they complain about another. I think the point that needs to be said about all builds is,

IS THERE A COUNTER

The D/D ele did not have a counter. It simply got out sustained by signet necros which isnt a counter since the ele didnt have to die from this encounter. People are complaining about certain builds and i think some builds should be toned down but i can understand if there not if there is a counter.

Many people just come on here and complain to complain.

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

What people fail to consider is, how Core classes compare to Elites. In most cases, other then Berserker or perhaps Tempest, the Elite is far stronger then the Core.

This is a major issue. Please do not just compare Elites to other Elites, consider the whole picture.

Also, the Celestial amulet is like the Minstrel amulet… ruining the game. I hope for a day when it gets removed or heavily nerfed.

in PvP

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

Idk. Usually I preset 2 traps on a point while capping and have recharged CDs when somebody comes. Then I go los near point and you are welcome to range me. Most times I would range you playing with los, blocks and longbow.
Teamwork, +1? Ok, it works agaisnt all/most builds, including that considered as OP.
Condi/ sustain, etc more like counter

(edited by Mak.2657)

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

Well, When Rev is using Hammer you can attack him, its not like he got traps somewhere waiting for 1hit combo… Even if Hammer 2 dealt 1000000000 dmg i would still consider it garbage for pvp, Slow cc slow weapon, unlike certain spec that can nuke you from range cc you from range then trap you for 100000 hp with kittenton of blocks.

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Oh looks.. Its again thread full of l2p issues and numbers out of kitten. Im pretty sure you letting rangers pewpew you from ledges as well. Am i right?

Some people are so bad at this game that they dont even realize they can strafe hammer 2..poor hotjoin souls.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

(edited by Burtnik.5218)

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Yeah, many other specs are also strong but no way any of them is close to the god tier that DH is at.

People do need to adapt to DH but their traps do need to be tuned down as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I see only rangers, thieves and warriors complaining about DH, but scrappers, reapers, chronos are quiet because they know if they nerf DH again they will be nerfhammered too.

DH is pure glass cannon.

I understand thieves, but best way for them to come close and dodge traps is to upgrade to daredevil.
I understand wariors but I think they need to wait for second specialization to be viable for 1 on 1 vs DH, feel srry for you.
Rangers need to upgrade to Druid, because Druid can beat DH easily. So don’t qq , buy expansion and be competitive.

Scrappers are tough to beat, ppl are learning builds but getting better every day.
Revenants are excelling at everything now, they are top class now. Great sustaing and burst and especially blocks and heal.
Reapers are killers, finally something close range for necros. Good reaper is very deadly.
Chronomancers are enjoying their place in top with great burst great sustain and great cc.

so why is everyone complaining about DH, because it’s easy to play but when you encounter great players from classes above you are going down in seconds.
I have beaten lots of new scrub DH players, why..because they lay traps and I know where they put them, so its just range fight until they come close and die to MY traps. There are many DH bad players, but there are too many other bad players.

(edited by Ragnarox.9601)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

scrubs will be scrubs

www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

You are my hero.

in PvP

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Up close is kinda hard when they are spamming it from longer range than any other skill in the game and still have sword/shield defense and damage.

well..is kinda the problem we had with pewpew rangers since launch, but I see that people have adapted, maybe do the same?

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

TheGuy.3568: Range them down…

LoL. thats all i have to wrtite.

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Takanashi.6548

Takanashi.6548

Good thing I have every class at 80… so if they do nerf Herald Ill just play DH and roll people till they nerf the class…

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

What people fail to consider is, how Core classes compare to Elites. In most cases, other then Berserker or perhaps Tempest, the Elite is far stronger then the Core.

This is a major issue. Please do not just compare Elites to other Elites, consider the whole picture.

Also, the Celestial amulet is like the Minstrel amulet… ruining the game. I hope for a day when it gets removed or heavily nerfed.

Maybe it’s a business decision? Anet WANTS players both old and new to upgrade to HOT, so they are making the elites stronger. The name “elite” should be self explanatory, why would elite builds not have an advantage over core builds? I dont understand what people are kittening about.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: kzar.3079

kzar.3079

Maybe it’s a business decision? Anet WANTS players both old and new to upgrade to HOT, so they are making the elites stronger. The name “elite” should be self explanatory, why would elite builds not have an advantage over core builds? I dont understand what people are kittening about.

Elites should not be stronger than core classes, only provide each class witth new mechanics and playstyles. That is not an excuse to allow OP elite specs.

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Hey guys, DH player and maker of that infamous “How to fight DH’s” video. I can tell you right now, my main weaknesses are most definitely Revenants, Scrappers and to a lesser degree, Tempest and Reaper.

By no means am I denying traps can do considerable amount of damage to those not paying attention. I get it, traps can blow(some) people up.

If we’re talking about damage output in comparison to defense, Revenant’s are far superior. It amazes me to see those complain about Long Bow when you have a ranged weapon(Hammer) that does more damage, has an evade attached and has a superior version to Trueshot attached.

It’s sorta of weird to be targeted for so much hatred when the obviousness of say Revs and Scrappers strengths are far more apparent.

in PvP

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Just an anecdote:

The other day I was in WvW and got hit by two attacks from two different revenants. One hit with CoR from range, the other hit me with a single hammer bolt. Unfortunately I didn’t get a screen shot, but these two attacks ( and some minor cleave from guardian staves) dropped me from 15k hp to 100 health, and this is on 3000 armor too.

I remember checking my combat log later, and hammer bolt actually crit me for 5.8k. I had trouble believing this at first and thought it was CoR that hit the 5.8k but it was definitely hammer bolt. I couldn’t have had more than 5 stacks of vuln on me, but it’s possible the revenants had 25 might. Still, 5.8k on an auto attack? This means CoR crit for nearly 7k damage.

Yes, DH trueshot needs a damage nerf, but so does rev hammer. CoR is definitely up there with trueshot.

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

Elites should not be stronger than core classes, only provide each class witth new mechanics and playstyles. That is not an excuse to allow OP elite specs.

Once they’re done selling expansions they’ll nerf it down. No one would have bought the expansion if they weren’t stronger.

Vipassana

in PvP

Posted by: kzar.3079

kzar.3079

Once they’re done selling expansions they’ll nerf it down. No one would have bought the expansion if they weren’t stronger.

Well then, is Guild Wars 2 a pay to win game now? Thought Arena Net wanted to differentiate themselves from all the other MMO companies out there. All elite specs should be ballanced to the level of all other core classes with no excuses. And all classes should be viable with or without their elite spec.

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I don’t know, but comparing one broken class to another to justify something doesn’t make sense. Both DH and Rev are way over the top at the moment.

in PvP

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

Well then, is Guild Wars 2 a pay to win game now? Thought Arena Net wanted to differentiate themselves from all the other MMO companies out there. All elite specs should be ballanced to the level of all other core classes with no excuses. And all classes should be viable with or without their elite spec.

NCSoft/ANET’s goal is to make money. They initially did this by saying they were going to be ‘different’. Now they’re doing this by making the elites better than the core game.

Vipassana

in PvP

Posted by: Chtio.5234

Chtio.5234

You guys make me think of the bad riven player complaining about how unskill garen was on league of legends…
Just admit it, DH is unskilled and deals a lot of dammages, but if you analyse how bad you did, and why you’re dead, perhaps you will find how to handle a guys who’s just standing right to his trap. Most of time trap are located on the most evident way to get to a point, think different, go by another way you won’t be OS!

If you avoid his trap, he still get them ready on CD, so go on him and dodge immediatly you will avoid his trap again! And now what? He’s just a squishy guard standing here whit no CD on these so “OP trap”.

in PvP

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Rev’s hammer is SLOW, and really vulnerable, you wont see many people running it because a) you don’t need range, you have tons of gap closers b) you have 1 mediocre dodge, that’s it, when staff has block, dodge, displacement, condi removal and deciving amount of burst.

You can’t compare pears to tomatoes.

in PvP

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

Well said. But the sad part is Arena always listen to the complaints even if it’s just from a tiny fraction of players. Notice how quickly some professions receives nerfs. That’s why balance should be done by professionals who knows the game.

in PvP

Posted by: terrorshard.3854

terrorshard.3854

I gotta say though, hybrid Druid is great against DH.

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

If anything, the hammer is machanically undertuned. It only has an evade that ‘roots’ you in place. It just leaves the revenant entirely defenseless against melee attackers for 10 seconds all the while he/she does pitiful dps (on melee) with very slow cast times. The staff is that much better.

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Yea, good business decision there, as if the pre-expansion customers are not buying stuff off gem store. Nerfing something that they sold them for will just make them leave the game, which mean less gem store purchase. Thank god you are not running a company.

Why would they care about the free-to-play player base if ultimate goal is make more money for players to move to HOT?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Shiro/jalis sw/a+hammer.

Getting focused? Taunt + rite of the great dwarf + an optional vengeful hammer = 90% damage reduction (assuming they’re additive). Throw in a rune of the scrapper and GGwp for damage. Jalis heal heals for a good bit and cleanses 3 condis, like a weaker consume condis.

Want to engage a DH? Hammer 3 to trigger traps and remove aegis. Throw up hammer 4 to block true shot and throw in an option hammer 5 to really screw him over. Once you’ve rotated through that, the DH will probably drop more traps and your jalis will be out of energy. Swap to sw/a and shiro, axe5 > sw3 or sw2 > axe4 and enjoy a ton of chill as you THEN go into sw3. Sure, the chill doesn’t stop them from blocking/dodging/etc, but you’ll punish any skills they burn to avoid your damage and be ready to dominate a nearly dead DH.

Warrior is a free kill with this setup.

Ranger is a free kill.

Scrapper is a free kill depending on how you engage them.

Ele is dead.

Reaper COULD pose a problem if they’re soldier. If they’re zerker/marauder and you avoid hitting their spectral armor, another easy kill. Honestly, there’s OP everywhere after HoT. Lets not single out particular builds as if they’re the worst of the worst.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Shiro/jalis sw/a+hammer.

Getting focused? Taunt + rite of the great dwarf + an optional vengeful hammer = 90% damage reduction (assuming they’re additive). Throw in a rune of the scrapper and GGwp for damage. Jalis heal heals for a good bit and cleanses 3 condis, like a weaker consume condis.

Want to engage a DH? Hammer 3 to trigger traps and remove aegis. Throw up hammer 4 to block true shot and throw in an option hammer 5 to really screw him over. Once you’ve rotated through that, the DH will probably drop more traps and your jalis will be out of energy. Swap to sw/a and shiro, axe5 > sw3 or sw2 > axe4 and enjoy a ton of chill as you THEN go into sw3. Sure, the chill doesn’t stop them from blocking/dodging/etc, but you’ll punish any skills they burn to avoid your damage and be ready to dominate a nearly dead DH.

Warrior is a free kill with this setup.

Ranger is a free kill.

Scrapper is a free kill depending on how you engage them.

Ele is dead.

Reaper COULD pose a problem if they’re soldier. If they’re zerker/marauder and you avoid hitting their spectral armor, another easy kill. Honestly, there’s OP everywhere after HoT. Lets not single out particular builds as if they’re the worst of the worst.

that sounds like a gnarly build. amulet is marauder I assume?

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: iZallen.9074

iZallen.9074

I would like a link to this build, please.