Next RU: questions for Allie

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey all,

It’s come up a couple times now that a number of you don’t know me very well, or don’t know what I work on. So, for the next episode of Ready Up, I’m going to introduce myself and answer questions from you!

I have a bunch in my inbox already, but if you haven’t already asked, feel free to do so here.

Thanks!

in PvP

Posted by: pza.8024

pza.8024

how much time do you guys spend in meetings, discussing the CDI’s, per day/week?

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

When will quaggans become a playable race? \o/

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Pls Allie, Answer to my PM (or pvp email community), i sent 2/3 weeks ago more than 1 pm/emails but noone answered me.

I noticed Grouch has a different role in mysterious A-Team, you are a community coordinator in general, i think for pvp section too.

So if you are responsable for pvp community, pls answer me or say to who is responsable for pvp community to not ignore mutliple pm/emails.

Thx

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Allie, what would motivate you most as a player to play PvP more actively?
For example: rewards, ladder, seasons, quaggans, etc.

Just your personal opinion, as a player and not as a dev.

Thanks

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Will you (and your collegues) be more in touch with the SPVP community, in the near future?

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Did you 1vs1 Grouch for his job? Obviously he must of lost, so how did you win/cheat.

If you didn’t 1vs1 grouch then we need to see it happen.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

What rank are you in pvp? What steps do you take to understand pvp players concerns?

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

• Runes and Sigils changes, what is too be expected for us?
  • New Game Modes, are they ever going to come?
  • Personally this game has gotten quite boring, is there finally going to be a competitive incentive that spices up the game?
“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

does that mean you’ll finally be on camera? :O

YOUR FANS AWAIT YOU, ALLIE! o bringer of the PvP news, preacher and messenger both, answer our questions on screen!

(and don’t let this awkward post scare you!)

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Do you feel that you do an adequate job on communicating to the pvp community?

in PvP

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

What kind of vacuum cleaner do you use?

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

What rank are you in pvp? What steps do you take to understand pvp players concerns?

She isn’t a dev.
Lol..

From what I’ve seen Allie just moderates the forums and does some community stuff.

Will you (and your collegues) be more in touch with the SPVP community, in the near future?

They are ‘trying’.
Their attempt is at more of a PR stunt right now, for better and worse.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Should Scotland be an independent country?

in PvP

clint.5681

Whats your stance in the Russia/Ukraine situation ?

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey guys,

If you don’t mind, could you keep this GW2 or Community Coordinator related?

Thanks

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

When can we expect the changes to player ranks? When is the balance patch coming? When is the unified armor/weapon system/changes to jewelry coming? When are the new ladders coming? I have a million more questions, but those will have to suffice.

When is the next RU? It’s not listed in your OP.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

clint.5681

What exactly do you do that takes up so much of your time.

in PvP

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Wow, you guys are rude.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Lux.7169

She isn’t a dev.
Lol..

From what I’ve seen Allie just moderates the forums and does some community stuff.

They are ‘trying’.
Their attempt is at more of a PR stunt right now, for better and worse.

For essentially being the liason to the pvp community I would expect she… plays the game… or am I out of line for asking that?

As a PvP player I am genuinely curious what her experience with the pvp of this game actually is. If she doesn’t want to answer she obviously won’t but I think mocking my question by pointing out the obvious—that she’s not a dev—is a bit unnecessary.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

For essentially being the liason to the pvp community I would expect she… plays the game… or am I out of line for asking that?

:/
I mean, that’s what people hope.
So far, the devs seem to be the ones logging on to the forums when they really want the forum’s opinions on anything. Allie just posts ‘I will pass it on to the dev team’ from time to time, but I haven’t really seen anything come of it so far.

(I know the devs don’t appear on the forums much, that’s the sadc part)

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Lux.7169

You’re assuming she is their main source of forum based information.
So far, the devs seem to actually go to the forums when they are interested in the forum’s opinions on anything. Allie just posts ‘Ill pass it on to the dev team’ from time to time, but I have yet to see anything come of it.

(I know the devs don’t appear on the forums much, that’s the tragic part of the statement)

So are you saying I’m not allowed to ask her that question? Is it ridiculous of me to wonder what her experience with the pvp in this game is?

Where did I post saying I assume she’s the main source of forum information? I said she was essentially the pvp liason since her title is community coordinator

[SoF]

(edited by Lux.7169)

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

What do you guys envision as the future of GW2 PvP going forward now that esports is no longer a viable option?

How do you guys plan to revitalize the NA competitive PvP scene now that there are almost no teams playing?

When will you guys address and fix the bugs associated with the maps in PvP such as terrain bugs, skyhammer bugs and so on.

Can you make the spirit watch orb carrier turn into a black quaggan with no skills on his bar?

And finally, will the power creep in PvP be addressed.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Next RU is this Friday at 12. I’ll be posting details on it hopefully tomorrow, if not by Wednesday.

We want to do an All-Star scrimmage and are still trying to get in touch with some of the players.

in PvP

Posted by: Insanity.5174

Insanity.5174

balance patch,when?

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

What are some areas you feel you can improve upon when acting as the community coordinator?

in PvP

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

I posted the essence of this on another thread but I’ll get right to the point.

When will ,you, the Anet pvp dev’s grow some dang balls? (yourself excluded Allie)

By this I mean when will you shake up the current “meta”?

I’m not talking about slight changes to observable metrics. I speak of a complete overhaul. Give us something fresh! Obviously new game modes are out the window or at the very least on the distant horizon. IE. Mars….

So my true question would be this:

Can you effectively disrupt any current “meta” on a monthly basis?

If you dared to do such a thing you would cure GW2 of the current stagnation that we are all experiencing barring new game modes.

For better or worse if you could shake up the “meta” on a monthly basis; encouraging me to play unfamiliar classes or unused trait lines (builds) to be optimally effective then you have my attention. Perhaps you might come close to that gamer utopia that we call “balance”.

Or do we as pvp’rs not garner such consideration from Anet?

edit – oh wait this is a meet and greet BS session. I apologize. So my question would be this Allie….

Boxers or briefs?

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

(edited by Absinth.6917)

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Are you allowed to tell us what we want to know or is this an attempt at dousing the fire?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

1. When will we have rewards in pvp again? Will it be post WvW season 2?
  2. When will we have more information about the new pvp reward system?
  3. When will the balance patch land?
  4. Any talk of additional features being added to pvp?
  5. What are your thoughts about team arena removing so many players from solo arena?
  6. Any consideration into converting old mats or boosters into something useful instead of the current plan?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Serious questions:
1. Why do you think there is such a disconnect between ANET and the forum users
2. Why is ANET taking away rewards without introducing the new system?
3. What can we do with all our old glory boosters?

Fun questions:
1. What’s your favorite PvP map and why?
2. What’s your favorite class and why?
3. If you could have any PvP game mode, what would it be?

in PvP

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

• Will there be additional game modes in PvP?
  • Why is there such a drastic time span between balance patches? Why is the focus on pvp so overwhelmingly different to gw1‘s?
  • Why (serious question) do you believe it is appropriate to spend 75% of a stream‘s time to play random stuff, instead of using those rare streams to communicate?

I believe these will not find their way into the 1 minute that actually contains information, so I guess I reached my goal by making someone read these questions. If you don‘t want to openly answer these questions, you will surely answer them to yourself… Better than nothing.

D I V A

in PvP

Absinth.6917

1. When will we have rewards in pvp again? Will it be post WvW season 2? SURE!
  2. When will we have more information about the new pvp reward system? SOON!
  3. When will the balance patch land? SOMETIME AFTER SOON!.
  4. Any talk of additional features being added to pvp? TALK? WE JUST CHUCKLE AND CASH OUR PAYCHECKS!
  5. What are your thoughts about team arena removing so many players from solo arena? HOTJOINS ARE EASIER TO GET INTO NOW – WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT HEATHEN?!?!
  6. Any consideration into converting old mats or boosters into something useful instead of the current plan? WHAT PLAN?

Verbatim.

Haiku FTW

(edited by Absinth.6917)

in PvP

Absinth.6917

Fun questions:
1. What’s your favorite PvP map and why? SKYHAMMER! I was told to say SKYHAMMER!
2. What’s your favorite class and why? MESMER!!! MOAS ARE CUTE!
3. If you could have any PvP game mode, what would it be? WHACK A MOA!

Verbatim.

Haiku FTW

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

I’m going to try to answer as many of these questions as possible, but keep in mind that some of this stuff we can’t talk about.

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

I’m going to try to answer as many of these questions as possible, but keep in mind that some of this stuff we can’t talk about.

are you single ? ;D totally E-Sports related!

in PvP

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

When will ,you, the Anet pvp dev’s grow some dang balls? (yourself excluded Allie)

I’m not talking about slight changes to observable metrics. I speak of a complete overhaul. Give us something fresh! Obviously new game modes are out the window or at the very least on the distant horizon. IE. Mars….

If you dared to do such a thing you would cure GW2 of the current stagnation that we are all experiencing barring new game modes.

For better or worse if you could shake up the “meta” on a monthly basis; encouraging me to play unfamiliar classes or unused trait lines (builds) to be optimally effective then you have my attention. Perhaps you might come close to that gamer utopia that we call “balance”.

edit – oh wait this is a meet and greet BS session. I apologize. So my question would be this Allie….

Boxers or briefs?

We expect the feature build to sufficiently shake up the current meta. There will be lots… of fresh… stuff…

Monthly basis is not 100% feasible right now like it was before. We tried to bring you guys consistent updates, but as you noticed not all of them really shook up the meta. The upcoming build will do a better job at that for you. Hopefully in a good way.

in PvP

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

What class do you play and why?

OR

What is your favorite class in general?

What is your favorite class to play in pve/pvp/wvw?

in PvP

Absinth.6917

Thank you for the answer. I truly appreciate it Allie. Monthly tweaks would shake up the meta. As I say, for better or worse, monthly changes keeps things fresh. I’d rather have new challenges than 6 months of stagnation. Hopefully many would agree with this assessment.

Heck even if it was every 3 months and we could look forward to definite changes that would be a great change.

btw….Boxers or briefs?

Haiku FTW

in PvP

clint.5681

Do you support the #EvanLesh4PrezandCEO2014 campaign?

Its goal is to improve the overall quality of GW2 (Which includes its pvp) by installing a fearless leader that will help turn around and guide GW2 to greatness

*Sponsored by Evan Lesh 2014

in PvP

Absinth.6917

I googled Evan Lesh and got a Chuck Norris pic. Seriously.

So…

Evan Lesh doesn’t flush the toilet.

He scares the crap out of it!

Or he might use a bidet…maybe clint can confirm.

Haiku FTW

in PvP

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

I imagine most of my questions fall into that category. I’m still hoping that you’ll take the list of questions to your higher ups and see if there is any way to get permission. I know you can’t talk about everything. I know things are subject to change. I’ll accept reasonable ranges on when things will be coming. However, pvp is currently in an information blackout when it comes to any updates and it is really starting to upset players.

A decision to remove an entire reward system without any information or time table in regards to the replacement would cause severe backlash. I’ve seen the post where the increase in pvp activity (back in December) is mentioned with a bit of pride. (The devs have a right to a bit of pride when they increase the numbers). However, if you really remove the rewards without saying a word about what is coming, it’ll make that increase look like a speed bump compared to the cliff that pvp is currently heading towards.

in PvP

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Boxers or briefs?

We expect the feature build to sufficiently shake up the current meta. There will be lots… of fresh… stuff…

Monthly basis is not 100% feasible right now like it was before. We tried to bring you guys consistent updates, but as you noticed not all of them really shook up the meta. The upcoming build will do a better job at that for you. Hopefully in a good way.

Would you say the upcoming feature build is more focused around class changes which will affect spvp/wvw/pve, because so far we know of sigil/rune/crit changes coming which all will affect class builds for wvw/pve/spvp. Would it be incorrect to suppose that the entire feature build is more or less focused on this? or will there be features added like champion loot bags and account wallets which are completely unrelated to the players builds but do add more flavor to the game.

in PvP

Absinth.6917

Guys – she isn’t in a position to answer such queries.

No matter what position she is in currently she can answer the most impertinent question of our time:

Boxers or briefs!

Haiku FTW

in PvP

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Do you even lift? If so, how often? Whats your max?

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in PvP

clint.5681

I googled Evan Lesh and got a Chuck Norris pic. Seriously.

So…

Evan Lesh doesn’t flush the toilet.

He scares the crap out of it!

Or he might use a bidet…maybe clint can confirm.

Evan Lesh hails from West Kaining, they do things differently there. Anything else is slander by the rival political parties.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/The-Evan-Lesh-Fan-Club-Thread/page/2#post3746770

(edited by clint.5681)

in PvP

Absinth.6917

16 fluid ounces in reps of 6 per hour.

I was told my max was 23 in 2 hours yet I am unable to officially confirm that claim due to a blackout.

Thank you for asking.

edit – what Rupert Murdoch puts to print is the bible…..accusations of slander is nothing more than free paychecks for his attourneys. (that was a good chuckle)

Haiku FTW

(edited by Absinth.6917)

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

In terms of balance patch/pvp update frequency, has the team considered doing small number tweaks on a more frequent basis (Such as 8% healing signet nerf)?

I’ve heard that you guys are basically tied up by whatever the higher-up designers feel like releasing, but a lot of PvPers believe that more frequent balance tweaks would lead to a much better game.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I realise you can’t answer these or you might lose your job, but I’m gonna put it here for your and your colleagues to simply read and think about, and possibly discuss amongst yourselves in private:

1. Do you believe that ANet management are giving the PvP team sufficient resources to enable them to develop the kind of new features that would keep the playerbase engaged and playing within a reasonable time scale?

2. Do you believe that ANet’s patch certification and deployment procedures allow for a sufficiently rapid and regular stream of patches to keep the game bug-free and the pvp environment balanced and fun?

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Absinth.6917

I realise you can’t answer these or you might lose your job, but I’m gonna put it here for your and your colleagues to simply read and think about, and possibly discuss amongst yourselves in private:

1. Do you believe that ANet management are giving the PvP team sufficient resources to enable them to develop the kind of new features that would keep the playerbase engaged and playing within a reasonable time scale?

2. Do you believe that ANet’s patch certification and deployment procedures allow for a sufficiently rapid and regular stream of patches to keep the game bug-free and the pvp environment balanced and fun?

Sir – although your questions are quite valid I, for one, would regrettably look to your sig for the answer.

Haiku FTW

in PvP

Posted by: Sweetbread.2679

Sweetbread.2679

Why does this thread even exist? All of the serious questions are going to be outright ignored or given “soon” non answers. Try and foster some community relations when your job actually produces something beyond locked threads.