No Guardians, Thieves, or Warriors

in PvP

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

I think it’s actually a good thing :one class is good at certain role ,now if only anet could give ele more roles which will be better also make other classes(like war ,guard ,mes) good at something else with the clear weakness unlike rev

Rev is weak to condition damage and unlockable skills. In particular reapers.

I am aware of this , but current rev is really close to a class without CLEAR weakness ,and i didnt want to discuss much about rev balance since its not all i want to say .

BTW “weak to condition damage " on rev is acually “killable to condition damage”.Its not even countered by other classes condi builds .back then before cleanse ire ,war was weak to condition . this is an example of what is a clear weakness .

Its just power creep that anet has thrown condi applications and removals like candy .

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

It’s pretty clear from the finals that rev is gonna require some reviews. I’m not so sure guardian or thf need buffs though. Maybe perhaps some buffs to bunker guard but that would only accomplish creating more variety for guardians, not necessarily making it pro league material.

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

I think it’s actually a good thing :one class is good at certain role ,now if only anet could give ele more roles which will be better also make other classes(like war ,guard ,mes) good at something else with the clear weakness unlike rev

I am aware of this , but current rev is really close to a class without CLEAR weakness ,and i didnt want to discuss much about rev balance since its not all i want to say .

BTW “weak to condition damage " on rev is acually “killable to condition damage”.Its not even countered by other classes condi builds .back then before cleanse ire ,war was weak to condition . this is an example of what is a clear weakness .

Its just power creep that anet has thrown condi applications and removals like candy .

Uh, Revenant has almost no removals at all. Your best answers are Infuse Light and Staff 4, with Riposting Shadows helping with Snares.

in PvP

Posted by: xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

xx swagmaster cyprus xx.7028

Uh, Revenant has almost no removals at all. Your best answers are Infuse Light and Staff 4, with Riposting Shadows helping with Snares.

riposting shadows removes chill that’s huge dude
atm reapers are at the top of the condition game which makes chill the most dangerous condition around
removing chill on demand is actually super useful

in PvP

Malchior.5732

riposting shadows removes chill that’s huge dude
atm reapers are at the top of the condition game which makes chill the most dangerous condition around
removing chill on demand is actually super useful

I didn’t say it wasn’t….but at 30 energy per use and being so specific, it’s not really “amazing condi removal”. It’s primarily a stun break and an evasion skill.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Rev king of passive proc.
All traits that are weapon skills should have an increased cooldown of +50%.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Just nerf Riposting Shadows to restore 30 endurance (not whole dodge like right now, lol) and Revenant is more than back in line. I’ve been saying it since Pro League qualifiers. Think, why Shiro has been used in pretty much every popular Revenant PvP build and is considered to be pretty defensive? That’s right, it has only reliable stunbreak that also happens to give full dodge.

Oh and give us stunbreaks on other Legends than Shiro and Glint. Would help.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Just nerf Riposting Shadows to restore 30 endurance and Revenant is more than back in line. I’ve been saying it since Pro League qualifiers.

Oh and give us other stunbreak. Would help.

I can agree with that. =p

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Malchior.5732

Just nerf Riposting Shadows to restore 30 endurance and Revenant is more than back in line. I’ve been saying it since Pro League qualifiers.

No, because that would involve actually doing thoughtful changes.

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

No, because that would involve actually doing thoughtful changes.

Well we can always hope…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

I’d like to add:
All elite specs. No 3x core.

Yes this is true as well and further confirms that HoT is P2W

Or you know……BUY TO PLAY

Can you cite me any other mmorpg pvp tournaments were any of the contestants didnt have the newest expansion?
No you cant,
because EVERY mmo with an expansion requires buying the expansion to be up to par.
/
So go back to crying in one of those fallacy ridden “p2w” threads and circle yank it with the other depressed neckbeards about how anet is evil incarnate.
K bai

(edited by Kayberz.5346)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Ele’s are mainly used for their team support+mobiles+sustains.

Necros are mainly for their team aoe condi cleanses, little cc and occasionally bursts while having some sustains. They’re in the same boat as Guards are when it comes to getting pressured down.

Guards have good focused bursts, little cc, and occasionally support with F3 4k heals, cleanses and aoe blocks. Our bigger plays consists of interupting stomping or downed players.

Guards could replace Ele and Necro with little difference in team performance imo. We just don’t have any Guard mains in the higher tiers. That’s all.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

In any of the semi final games. We saw 1 mesmer and 1 ranger.

7 Revs
4 Eles
4 Necro
3 Engi
1 Mesmer
1 Ranger

LOL funny

And this is exactly what happens when ongoing profession and “role” development is mostly ignored.

Players have been begging from beta for the devs to seriously work on professions, weapons, skills, traits, roles, certain combat mechanics… but it’s not a priority.

GW2 could be the top fantasy game for classes and combat, but that will never happen. I’ve never seen such potential wasted.

Are you serious or kidding? ? No mater what anet does, we only see 5 classes used per game dude. So class poyential/traits/skills has nothing to do with what people would rather run. It all comes down to preference/ synergy.

And how do you know it’s not Anet priority?? Do you work them or have you been breached about something we aren’t supposed to know?? Finally, what do you think the patches are about?

in PvP

Posted by: Berry Pun Pup.6904

Berry Pun Pup.6904

Are you serious or kidding? ? No mater what anet does, we only see 5 classes used per game dude. So class poyential/traits/skills has nothing to do with what people would rather run. It all comes down to preference/ synergy.

And how do you know it’s not Anet priority?? Do you work them or have you been breached about something we aren’t supposed to know?? Finally, what do you think the patches are about?

I’d say that after three years of sparse balance patching and continued power creep it should be pretty obvious that balance isn’t a top priority. Also the fact that they don’t have a dedicated balance team on staff.

Add to that bugs being in the game since launch unaddressed, skills that have never seen serious use, weapons and traits in desperate need of rework and nothign being done about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Was there a no profession stacking rule?

Needed to have 4 different professions. They should have made it 5.

Then all we can really tell is that Revenants are OP, and the professions that missed out suck in the meta.

(edited by Axialbloom.8109)

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Search and Rescue not as strong as people made it, huh.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Just nerf Riposting Shadows to restore 30 endurance (not whole dodge like right now, lol) and Revenant is more than back in line. I’ve been saying it since Pro League qualifiers. Think, why Shiro has been used in pretty much every popular Revenant PvP build and is considered to be pretty defensive? That’s right, it has only reliable stunbreak that also happens to give full dodge.

You have no idea how badly it would hurt rev when they were carried by ele heals actually. Based on that i guess daredevil should be the most op thing in game..

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

You have no idea how badly it would hurt rev when they were carried by ele heals actually. Based on that i guess daredevil should be the most op thing in game..

What’s the point of Daredevil if Shiro with one skill has basically equal amount of dodges they have?

No, Power Revenant would still be fine with Riposting Shadows recovering less than a full dodge, with amount of damage it does now. It would still be one of the best stunbreaks in the game and recover endurance, just not carry bad players anymore. Just take a look how many Revenants use dodge instantly after it or get away with double dodging just because they can recover it fully a while after.

It also causes the imbalance in “on-dodge” traits. While old 2 stab on dodge was bearable against non-Shiro Revenant (because almost no extra endurance regeneration), it was broken for Shiro Revenants.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

If there were no profession restrictions, what would the teams have looked like?

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

I just wish the conquest maps where 5 Nodes rather than 3 and the teams are 8vs8 it would allow more complex team comps than just stacking up on Aoe team effects and large single target damage.

atm conquest is too small for Mobility CC roles (ranger druid/DH/ect) there are still not many places of advantage Ranged/midium range classes can be used in these small compacked nodes , with the rotations at anyone point there will be 3-4 players moving/converging towards one node which promotes the teams to be " all the eggs in the one basket try of play" where every players role is to Buff/debuff + damage nothing in the sense of Delay and prevent (a role which Druids/rangers excel at)

some older players will remember how well desgined the old gw1 gvg hall were and how important the role of Delay and prevention played in these 8vs8 fights untill back up arrived or using certain roles to cover flanks along certain map routes .

atm there is one way to a node or a very long walk around or to just run past but with the gap being so small all it takes is one leap and a second of running to reach the node , no real investment in mobility apart from the basics.

and that is why classes like Rangers/druids , Ranged Staff Eles ect are no longer AS effective in a meta which has everything stacked over 5 classes on small maps , if the maps were larger , it would be required you have Mobility roles for Point defence on Flanking nodes far away that the Standard build set ups wouldn’t be efficiently control the rotation or delay of players.

in this sense it becomes more about MAP control rather than Node control , the players / Team which efficiently control the Sections have the nodes under control giving the Area of fighting much more variety than just fighting over a 600yard area.

this would give delay and prevention roles a slot/role in a team could even see the come back of a thief shortbow duo if teams are built on 8vs8 instead.

I would really like if Anet did this to show case more classes , there will still be fast fights for those Built for Node capture/defence but it also adds more depth to Map tactics.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

What’s the point of Daredevil if Shiro with one skill has basically equal amount of dodges they have?

No, Power Revenant would still be fine with Riposting Shadows recovering less than a full dodge, with amount of damage it does now. It would still be one of the best stunbreaks in the game and recover endurance, just not carry bad players anymore. Just take a look how many Revenants use dodge instantly after it or get away with double dodging just because they can recover it fully a while after.

It also causes the imbalance in “on-dodge” traits. While old 2 stab on dodge was bearable against non-Shiro Revenant (because almost no extra endurance regeneration), it was broken for Shiro Revenants.

So how does it carry bad revs when they waste endurance for nothing? Please explain as i do not understand that one.

My Ventari+Glint decapper with energy sigil could keep perma stability btw so youre wrong about Shiro revs. Enhanced bulwark is just too strong. Nothing else. If Shiro is so strong on it own, then why condi Shiro/Mallyx pick up herald traitline over any other line, let it be invo or deva? For shield? Not anymore. Think about it before you completely destroy core rev.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

nerf bristleback…

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

7 Revs
4 Eles
4 Necro
3 Engi
1 Mesmer
1 Ranger

LOL funny

just curious what is the team / player name of 1 Mesmer and 1 Ranger?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

7 Revs
4 Eles
4 Necro
3 Engi
1 Mesmer
1 Ranger

LOL funny

Ranger was Alkore from Vermillion.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

7 Revs
4 Eles
4 Necro
3 Engi
1 Mesmer
1 Ranger

LOL funny

Team GotDestroyed had the mesmer and team NoChanceInHell had the ranger…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Lol at all the bad ele players
“ohmugerd anet might as well delete ele! We’re trash tier without the 40% extra stat cele amulet to carry us, ele wont be run at all now!”

Yeah…..ok….

You don’t understand. D/F auramancer is elementalist in its most alienated state. It’s only a heal bot that keeps alive stronger classes. This has been known already; and it’s not the role true elementalist player wish to have.

A class locked to one specific role that isn’t particulary fun and that other class can’t do.. Hum…

That reminds me of something in the last year before HoT. Something with a dagger and a pistol.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I’d say that after three years of sparse balance patching and continued power creep it should be pretty obvious that balance isn’t a top priority. Also the fact that they don’t have a dedicated balance team on staff.

Add to that bugs being in the game since launch unaddressed, skills that have never seen serious use, weapons and traits in desperate need of rework and nothign being done about it.

Don’t forget how “useful” the falling traits are

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

All those poor pro league players sniff. The were so scared of Mesmer that they couldn’t learn to play against it. They needed to QQ it right out of the game. The poor dears, so scared.

Maybe they ought to learn to play in a situation that isn’t exactly what they want. It would also help if they could play without being waited on hand and foot by anet.

I main mesmer and I thoroughly support the gutting of chrono bunker. It was the cancerous build to EVER exist in GW2 PvP. It needed to go in HoT betas and the fact it lasted so long is a slap in all of our faces. I cannot even imagine how many players quit this game because of that kitten……

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I also main Mesmer. You must not have been playing long. D/d ele, Hambow warrior, machine gun ranger.. to name just some of the more prominent ones.

You know what feedback I got every time? Even when 5 man Hambow teams were crushing everything in sight? “Learn to Play.”

I now return that to the pro league. Learn to play, boys.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Tone down Revenant a tad more and nerf reaper chill damage. Then reevaluate.

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

I also main Mesmer. You must not have been playing long. D/d ele, Hambow warrior, machine gun ranger.. to name just some of the more prominent ones.

You know what feedback I got every time? Even when 5 man Hambow teams were crushing everything in sight? “Learn to Play.”

I now return that to the pro league. Learn to play, boys.

I said cancerous not OP. There is a significant difference.

Cancer kills. Watching games that only ended because time ran out was perhaps the most disastrous time in GW2 PvP. The cancer that caused that era? Chrono bunker.

You know how you treat cancer? You gut that kitten then nuke the kitten out of it to make sure it dies and never comes back. There’s collateral damage but the host is more important.

That’s what happened and as a mesmer main I support it 100% because being able to play this game years down the road is a heck of a lot more important than a few months of playing with my OP class.

Thank you

in PvP

Chokolata.1870

I really do not think that mesmer is in a bad spot as because it lacks X Y or Z. Simply the some of the other classes are too strong at the moment. And it has been said time and time again that now we need shaves and not power creep.

So:
- nerf chill damage and/or application for Reaper
- reduce Bristle F2 damage
- shave Shiro a bit, perhaps the on dodge endurance gain from 50 to 25-30
- reduce scrapper hammer damage coefficients a bit and tone down survivability a bit

Take it from there and see what happens.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

Even with some shaves your illusions will still be cleaved and die in one hit or two, the traits to give them surviability requires too much sacrifice, so your contribution in a teamfight (decisive to win as we saw) is really low. The condi shatter build that actually is the best that mesmer/chrono has was unable to decap the defended nodes even against 1vs1 rev/herald and eaten by the reaper.

At least yesterday, the only thing that chrono provided was cap empty nodes and be able to defend them.

Today you need a frontline with cappers/decappers that are able to decap and defend nodes some time, at least. (heralds), a self-sufficient bruiser (scrapper), some one able to share cleanse, healing, damage… (tempest) and the killer (reaper, the weaker yesterday in the final but did what was expected). Or in other words, the team’s composition in the final. And in general all must have a good sinergy together and contribute significantly in the teamfights.

If stack is not allowed in season 2, probably druid could be the fifth one, but all depends of the next tuesday patch.

(edited by Zoser.7245)

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Exactly.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

The games you refer to are only pro level games and not relevant to 99% of the real games that are played every day.

The pro league players were lazy and refused to learn to counter a Mesmer build. So, anet knocked Mesmer completely out of the game.

As to being able to play this game a few years down the road. It was an expansion that killed gw1 for many players.

It is the extreme lack of balance that is likely to kill GW2. You know why that is? It is because anet is making balance decisions based on the opinions of a few pampered teenagers who are “pros.” Those “pros” have major personal agendas and biases.

The game is being customized for them. So anyone who doesn’t think the same way is on the outs.

As arenanet I would also rather listening to your so called “teenagers” than listening to some causals who consider bunkermesmer fine and minionmancer necro overpowered.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Of course the blind mob thinks revenant is too strong now that it was the only class being stacked in the finals, when the truth is that it’s the only class being able to somewhat survive the powercreep damage. (especially reaper)
If they nerf even that we’ll be stuck with all reaper matches with a single scrapper/druid/ele thrown in there for support.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

nah, rev is too strong, this is coming from a rev main anyway, as long as they can stack double rev, no one will take thief in the current meta..
if they made it 5 different profession we might have see some thieves imo..
also more then one reaper is never good for anything serious…

(edited by lighter.2708)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I don’t know why it is so surprising. Rev was designed as better version of thief (they literary gave revs everything thieves ever asked for) and war together. Why bring thief when you have rev. Why bring war when rev is by far better.

Problem with DH – it is just another turret engi. Stupidly broken (in a sense of carrying noobs due to easy execution and high effectiveness) in normal ranked but not good enough for ESL.

I did expect more druids though then again druids crumble under focused pressure.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Chokolata.1870

@Ithilwen:

I really do not understand what you are referring to. As far as chronomancer goes only the absolute broken things were nerfed.

1) The shield block was by far the best shield block in the game before the nerf to duration
2) Alacrity did way to much to the point it was mandatory in any game mode, even though it is just a minor trait slot. Do not even try to say that IT is the mechanic, the F5 is, alacrity is just a very nice perk
3) The blurr well was nerfed to be in line with other invulnerability skills allowing decap.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

In line? you’re kidding right? Aegis, you seriously contend that’s worth anything?

Shield got multiple nerfs.

Alacrity has been crushed so far as to be worthless in pvp, though I run it in dungeons sometimes. I run teaching paths and the noobs need that and the double tw and /or [FeedBack] sometimes.

Rev has a block comparable to old shield, as does engi. Hell… some of the guardian blocks are close. Warrior probably has similar though I don’t play it often enough to know for sure. Daredevil has perma evade and a killer auto attack. In the case of engi they also have an elixir that does basically the same thing. Oh and they have better tanking than a pre nerf chronomancer.

How was shield or well bad again?

The other thing is this. ANET destroyed most of what Mesmer had. Witness the pro players.

Chaith mocked me pre patch saying I was paranoid and that Mesmer would be strong post patch. He was dead wrong. I Abjure his statements.

ANET has a long history of nerfing Mesmer very hard and leaving it broken for months or in some cases literally years.

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

In line? you’re kidding right? Aegis, you seriously contend that’s worth anything?

Shield got multiple nerfs.

Alacrity has been crushed so far as to be worthless in pvp, though I run it in dungeons sometimes. I run teaching paths and the noobs need that and the double tw and /or [FeedBack] sometimes.

Rev has a block comparable to old shield, as does engi. Hell… some of the guardian blocks are close. Warrior probably has similar though I don’t play it often enough to know for sure. Daredevil has perma evade and a killer auto attack. In the case of engi they also have an elixir that does basically the same thing. Oh and they have better tanking than a pre nerf chronomancer.

How was shield or well bad again?

The other thing is this. ANET destroyed most of what Mesmer had. Witness the pro players.

Chaith mocked me pre patch saying I was paranoid and that Mesmer would be strong post patch. He was dead wrong. I Abjure his statements.

ANET has a long history of nerfing Mesmer very hard and leaving it broken for months or in some cases literally years.

Dude, I hope you realize that we have prepubescent kid who have yet to develop their frontal cortex. I mean, it doesn’t take rocket science; this game has 9 class so , at least , 4 classes are garanteed to be left out.

in PvP

Chokolata.1870

Lets agree to disagree then.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

That is pretty much all he ever does on this forum. Complain that anet has it out for mesmer. Not even sure he even plays the game.

in PvP

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

I really do not think that mesmer is in a bad spot as because it lacks X Y or Z. Simply the some of the other classes are too strong at the moment. And it has been said time and time again that now we need shaves and not power creep.

So:
- reduce scrapper hammer damage coefficients a bit and tone down survivability a bit

mesmer does need some rework tho(not direct buff but still since before hot , mes wasnt that good ) , WoP doesnt see use in all game modes now ,they should have increase its cd or give it something else rather than this (things like daze foes if foes use skill standing on it ,or each pulse reduce the condi duration by 20% with shorter cd ,things like those also fit the name of this skill).

And i played CI double range mes heavily before spec patch , i can easily tell even with the shield (better cc access ) ,lockdown mes build is worse than before partly due to relative power of other classes have increased(the stability spam) .partly due to new traits .

not to mention our torch and staff CDR trait , i prefer a standard 20% CDR now since anet couldnt balance those things and current versions are worse than all other classes.

and CD on many mes skills are nonsense long along with the nonsense nerf to chaos armor.

im fine with mes being a hard class to play ,but lets face the fact that the reason behind all QQ and heavy nerf was partly due to mes is a noob stomp class. And yes anet did give mes unfair treatment for a long time if not most unfair .and there is less than you think to do with actual balance .

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

So:

That’s what everyone with a brain has been saying. ANet has been quiet on the topic, which leads most of us to think it won’t happen. We all expect another failed PvP season.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

(edited by Exedore.6320)

in PvP

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

So:

Scrapper damage coefficients arent a problem.
That is a misunderstanding that they are.

Obviously the coefficients are higher than some instant 1 hit attacks,
because several Scrapper attacks are channels and pulses that make several hits and take x sec.

So obviously you gonna end up with higher coefficients total for all hits on a channel combined, but its not higher per hit than several other classes.
Attacks with lower coefficients, can do higher dmg than scrapper attacks over the same duration.
You can fit several 1 hit attacks with lower coefficients from other classes inside the duration of a scrapper channel and add up with more dmg total.

Scrapper should maybe become a bit less good at 1 on 1 and more focus at support but the whole essence of scrapper is its survival. It should be good.

Reaper and Shiro I agree.

Druid Bristleback dmg is quite easily avoidable
Maybe make the attack more clearly visible and reduce the cooldown and casttime a bit but also the dmg.
So that its less burst, but not less dps and/or compenstate in some other way for the reduction in burst.

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

If you try to balance scrapper hammer against a DPS weapon, they’re about right. However, scrapper hammer is more about defense and utility compared to most weapons. Slanting it so heavily in that direction brings into question whether its damage should be the same as a weapon which doesn’t offer that many extras over damage.

Reducing damage should be part of the trade-space just as much as reducing utility (increased cooldowns, etc) is.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Magira.6390

Magira.6390

Even Funny: The enormous hubris of most here who think the results of a professional league has any meaning for themselves.

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Guardians, Thieves and Warriors were present as a single aggregate class we like to call “Herald”.

Gandara

in PvP

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

If you try to balance scrapper hammer against a DPS weapon, they’re about right. However, scrapper hammer is more about defense and utility compared to most weapons. Slanting it so heavily in that direction brings into question whether its damage should be the same as a weapon which doesn’t offer that many extras over damage.

Reducing damage should be part of the trade-space just as much as reducing utility (increased cooldowns, etc) is.

You’re comparing the scrapper’s hammer with weapons used by classes that can use two such weapon sets by default, though. I don’t think such a comparison can even make sense. They’re likely to be balanced in a different way.